Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Toasting In Church? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Toasting In Church? (3655 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Am Always Afraid Of Toasting Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toasting In Church? by DeepSoul(f): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2010
Today after service, I was jejelly on my own when one "brother" tapped me and told me he had been observing me for a while and thought it the right time to declare his "affection(s)".

I was so uncomfortable I didnt know what response to give. Instead I proceeded to ask him what department he was in bla bla (small talk).

He asked for my phone number and I told him "we'd talk next Sunday".

I am definitely not interested in giving out my number nor having any conversation about the matter with this guy, but I am somewhat uncomfortable about communicating that to him. I'd easily be able to decline if a random guy stops me on the street or in a restaurant. But because it's a church environment, I'm undecided about the best negative response to give that would not make me look "insensitive".

What's the best friendly way to tell this "brother" no?

1 Like

Re: Toasting In Church? by mrmayor(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2010
Tell him you are fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, you don't want any love talk to cloud your thinking and prayers. Which church you dey go sef, maybe its time I repent. wink
Re: Toasting In Church? by ice234: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
beta say yes now b4 u go bein run go white germent church for prayers oh. say yes now tey are coming before its too late oh
Re: Toasting In Church? by Acidosis(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2010
mrmayor:

Tell him you are fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, you don't want any love talk to cloud your thinking and prayers. Which church you dey go sef, maybe its time I repent. wink
Salvation Ministries, P/H.
ice234:

beta say yes now b4 u go bein run go white germent church for prayers oh. say yes now tey are coming before its too late oh

true talk! If she no wan render songs like "I'm married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone. . . ."
Re: Toasting In Church? by MissyB1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2010
If You aren't single . . . .Let him know, there's someone already.
If You are . . . . a simple ''Sorry, I'm not interested'' with a smile on Your face should work.
If You want to massage his ego, just tell him You can be just friends.
I can't say it nicer than that grin

2 Likes

Re: Toasting In Church? by DeepSoul(f): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2010
mrmayor:

Repentance no be by going to church oh! Each is mutually exclusive of the other.
After the 40 days and 40 nights, wetin I go con tell am??

ice234:

Tufia! So I should say yes to every man because men are scarce abi?? Msscheew

@Acidosis:
Terribly wrong guess

1 Like

Re: Toasting In Church? by snthesis(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2010
tell him "No " with a smile grin then give him a tract

1 Like

Re: Toasting In Church? by Agibecky: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2010
Toasting is common in churches.

A friend of mine was even smooching a babe inside the Church of Assumption in Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos.

There is nothing wrong as long as it does not lead to FORNICATION.

Please, say the Lord's Prayer again.

1 Like

Re: Toasting In Church? by 190: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2010
why dont u check the car he drives 1st before Jumpin in2 conclusion

maybe if he has a mecedez benz CLS 550 or a Range rover vogue sports HSE,

Please Jump into his bed immediately~

Lol, Just kiddin, grin grin
please ure a woman, so u should be used to this~
Re: Toasting In Church? by bug24(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2010
lol, i a have a broda who makes the sign of the cross before f4kin his gurlfriend. lol, i wonder what thats for.

@Poster, check first weda na oil worker o, no allow your salvation jump you bye because u dey prove levels. infact, in short, in summary, which side for PH u dey sef? weda i go come start my own toasting now.
Re: Toasting In Church? by ice234: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2010
i dey advise u now no come here they cry day u need a bf oh. i go bi the first t laugh u oh
Re: Toasting In Church? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2010
Church or no Church, if you ain't interested tell him off!
Re: Toasting In Church? by eyoniggar(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2010
So whats the essence of your going to church when you are
asking people how best to lie to this brother? By so doing
I would advise you to give the brother a chance since ur already sinning.
CHIkENA!!
Re: Toasting In Church? by r231(m): 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2010
the lord has answered your prayer

dats if you are single grin grin
Re: Toasting In Church? by 912(m): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Church or no Church, if you ain't interested tell him off!
Exactly!

@Deep soul
So it's right to be blunt to guys that don't attend your church and be "nice" in your response to "brothers" that attend your church even when you are clearly not interested in what they have to say? This our christianity na wa o. undecided
Re: Toasting In Church? by bug24(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2010
discrimination of d HIGHEST ;Drder
Re: Toasting In Church? by Marhoski(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2010
hhmmnn
Re: Toasting In Church? by dre11(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2010
@ poser
do what u feel suits u and don't come crying dat
i though know[/b][b] i would have accept his proposal
Re: Toasting In Church? by DeepSoul(f): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2010
eyoniggar:

So whats the essence of your going to church when you are
asking people how best to lie to this brother?
I'm not asking how best to lie to him. I'm asking how best to tell the truth. Shikena!

9-11:

Exactly!

@Deep soul
So it's right to be blunt to guys that don't attend your church and be "nice" in your response to "brothers" that attend your church even when you are clearly not interested in what they have to say? This our christianity na wa o. undecided
Bluntness is not a synonym for being rude. Spot the difference. I also asked myself why it's generally easier to tell "non-brothers" off than it is to tell "brothers". The difference is: with a stranger on the street, I can be blunt (not rude) because I'm free of any bias(es) and I most likely will not bump into him every sunday! But with the church brother, some level of extra tact has to be applied because we will most likely see each other every week or more! But then, that's entirely from my perspective.
Re: Toasting In Church? by mrmayor(m): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
Deep Soul,

I think the Lord Had sent him to you. don't reject him, holy spirit say na him go marry you.
Re: Toasting In Church? by dobodobo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2010
you people made me remember the last time I pastor said used condom was found in the church, I think it all started the same way you people want to start, next time the bros come and knock at you again, let me him enter according to the bible which said, KNOCK and IT SHALL BE OPEN UNTO YOU. and you OPEN YOUR LEG AND IT SHALL BE ENTER INTO YOU
Re: Toasting In Church? by DeepSoul(f): 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2010
Dobodobo,
It is not mandatory to comment. If you no get wetin to talk, pls kindly waka pass
Re: Toasting In Church? by dobodobo(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2010
Deep Soul:

Dobodobo,
It is not mandatory to comment. If you no get wetin to talk, pls kindly waka pass

You should have used the word compulsory but you can email me your number maybe we can fix everything in person for better understanding. grin but Hbabe is still in my number one LIST
Re: Toasting In Church? by makajibbz(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2010
this is the best advice:
tell him " In my village, I have vowed not to date a guy that we wont get married after three days''
He'll never near you again!!! grin
Re: Toasting In Church? by 912(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2010
dobodobo:

you people made me remember the last time I pastor said used condom was found in the church, I think it all started the same way you people want to start, next time the bros come and knock at you again, let me him enter according to the bible which said, KNOCK and IT SHALL BE OPEN UNTO YOU. and you OPEN YOUR LEG AND IT SHALL BE ENTER INTO YOU
undecided undecided undecided

dobodobo:

You should have used the word compulsory but you can email me your number maybe we can fix everything in person for better understanding. grin but Hbabe is still in my number one LIST

undecided undecided undecided

I'm indeed embarrassed by these comment, no sign of maturity whatsoever embarassed

Will it kill you if you made sense just once?
Seriously how old are you? angry
Re: Toasting In Church? by SeanLewis(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2010
If to say i be the guy, walahi nothing go stop me
Re: Toasting In Church? by tkb417(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2010
Option 1 : "Fck off; do you think im a LovePeddler. Hey, next time you come forward with your unholy advances, ill report you to the pastor"

Option 2 : "Please, i dont want to sound rude, but please, do not let us discuss this issue and any other issue again. I beg you in the name of the Lord we serve". If he asks why, tell him you are not ready to entertain such discussions at this point in your life. If he asks again,say  "its none of your bizniz brother, its mine"

Option 3 "Do you want me to start attending another church cos of you? please, ill appreciate if you leave me in peace and look for another sister in the curch"

Option 4 : "The Lord says youre not my man."
Re: Toasting In Church? by adaybola(f): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2010
No is No! church or no church. pls save yourself all these hassles and tell the broder off. By saying NO now doesn't mean you are impolite, just be factual. C'est finir.
Re: Toasting In Church? by MrAnus: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2010
nuff chicks in church. i love those heavy ikebe big thigh sisters, 4real
Re: Toasting In Church? by sevule(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2010
Tell him that you like him as a brother in the Lord. Ask about his spiritual well being and thank him nicely for his unsolicited attention.
Emphasise that you are brethren in Christ then drop the bombshell. Tell him that even though you like him as a brother in the Lord you do not
want any relationship but you are sure he would find another sister that would love him.
Re: Toasting In Church? by ice234: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
Girl my last advice to u is that you should be carefull. Time isn't on ur side dont forget
Re: Toasting In Church? by 190: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2010
mrmayor:

Deep Soul,

I think the Lord Had sent him to you. don't reject him, holy spirit say na him go marry you.
dobodobo:

wale star, ***Your comments always leave me on the floor Weak after laffin**

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am A Virgin / Hahaha! See How A Mathematician Proved That Women Are Problems. (joke) / Romancelanders, Help Me Thank God For Saving Me From The Hands Of Ritualists...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.