Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? (62537 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find / Reaction From Deltans As Okowa Emerges Running Mate Of Atiku (pics Attached) / Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by bishopkay: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
icon007:

Hmmm, I guess so too. Wonder why Ben dropped his senatorial ambition.

I would have prefer some1 from the SW. As it stands now, PDP is not present in the whole country. SS and SE are already locked in for Atiku, so why bother!

Atiku already has the SS and SE locked down but voter apathy in the SE may make them not come out to vote and even if he wins the region, he may not have the numbers to win an already inflated NW vote for the dullard.

SW is a bad option cause it's a 50-50 thing. Their votes would be divided. Many of them want buhari out but are sympathetic to tinubu, While some hate tinubu. The PDP won't do well there so they should not risk it cause it'd be like throwing jewel to swine (not calling the SWesterners swine though before someone misconstrues my intention) they won't appreciate it.

I'm from the SS but honestly I'd prefer the vp slot to go to Peter Obi from the SE. Okonjo is a good option but the APC smear campaign and propaganda on her is yet to fully clear off many foolish Nigerians heads.

Only the sane ones know the APC mischieve and those ones are few

I hope the PDP takes this advise as they almost fell into the Saraki or Tambuwal presidential pit. It'd have been a death knelt for them. The major competitors there to me were Kwankwaso and Atiku.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Okonjo All The Way

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by murphyibiam15(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
sulakishop:
Choosing from the SE may jeopardize his winning chances. Most northerners and SW might not be comfortable with such choices. Just an opinion though...
abi oo ..just as SE/SS are not comfortable with buhari and his vice

5 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
rochas
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Cool83(m): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

Please, how many votes did SW give Buhari in 2015? Answer is 700,000 votes,
When did SW start playing main stream political alliance with North?
Don't assign yourselves non existing importance.
Last time I checked, Yoruba has historically been in opposition.
, 700,000 from Sw, how many from Lagos alone
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Johnny2001(m): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
Both Okonjo and Peter are good for the post but Nigeria system of government don't give VP more chance to show their what.

Okonjo for Economy St ability

Aquilazng:
Okonjo or Peter Obj is OK
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
ayomilore:
He should rather go to southeast and pick someone that has national acceptance. The southwest votes will be divided according to any party that can convince the electorate better. He should focus his energy on northwest and northeast which are Bihari stronghold. South south are still for PDP. One million Tinubu can not tell southwesterners who to vote for. With the recent spate of violence in the north central couple with the poor performance of someone like yaya Bello I think the pdp stands a better chance in garnering enough vote to defeat Bihari there.As it stands today the race is open to anyone among the two grandfathers.
Hahaha,I expect that the victory of Atiku should have taught us all a lesson that you don't win election on the internet.You are advising Atiku to ignore Southwest for Vice President and Tinubu, you are definitely setting him up for loss because you are ignoring the Prof Osibanjo factor when real campaign starts. Southwest won't leave Osibanjo and vote for another zone sir

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Kkk777: 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

Hahaha. The Southwest won't see the office of Vice President in Prof. Osibanjo and go for Senate President na cheesy

Enlightened SW knows that this present APC is not the best for Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AyakaDunukofia: 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
lovemyfam:
if he picks from the se, the yorubas may nt like it.. That's just the problem there
How many votes did the Yoruba actually gave Buhari in 2015? 700k
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Scholes007(m): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
I will go for Ngozi. She has a very strong appeal internally especially in southern Nigeria. Perhaps she will bring a new era in the national arena. (First woman to...) It will be the best. But I will still cross my hands and see how the next one month plays.

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by nenedima(f): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
sexiestharam:
If you watched the primaries, you will realise his closeness to Ben Bruce. Ben Bruce would likely be his running mate.

Might be why he withdrew...
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ninetiethcrown7(m): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
Femiiroko:
Chief Gbenga Daniel from Ogun state

That's his campaign manager
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by paj4love: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

The Southwest always foist this political circumstance on Nigeria with their highest voting strength down south and this time is not going to be different. I wish the southeast has enough voting strength to become the beautiful bride but it appears that PDP is left with no better Practical option for victory than pair a Southwesterner with Alhaji Atiku.
It's going to be another Falae Vs Obasanjo battle again but this time with the Vice presidency.
my question is did west vote for obj/Atiku ?
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by aalangel(f): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Keziehenry:
Having won the PDP primary, the next thing on the mind of people now is who his running mate will be. Will it be Wike, Peter Obi, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or who? Kindly feel free to suggest the best running mate for the most Atikulated man for the job.
lalasticlala

Peter Obi ..
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Jalubarika(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
kazeeyoung:
Geneviv grin grin
shebi u know say head dey pain u
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Agugbadin: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
kazeeyoung:
Geneviv grin grin
Tufiakwa
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Truthisit: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
Spot on. I see it the way you analysed.
landmark86:
1. Atiku will claim all the vote in the North East
2. Atiku and PMB will both share the vote in North West equally
3. Atiku will have the larger vote in the Middle belt
4. Buhari will have the larger vote in the South West
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB keeping ruling till 2023.

My opinion

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Agugbadin: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Aurielfinizu:
rochas

We are not joking here, be serious

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by paj4love: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

How many votes did the Yoruba actually gave Buhari in 2015? 700k

What is the voters strength of the south west if you remove Lagos vote, which I believe is going towards PDP
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ISLAMBAD: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:
They are different scenarios ,nothing Similar , Shagari won and the second and third placed candidates were Awo and then Zik.

His major opponent was not from the North.

Here the two main candidates are from the North

Even in 1979 Shagari did not win Kano which was the location of the 12 2/3 controversy
The way southern votes were divided in 1979 is still the same way northern votes will still be divided in 2019.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Benekruku(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

How come Shagari didn't loose Northern votes when he contested with Ekwueme... Nine years after the civil war ?
When the memory of civil war was still fresh ?

Were we playing tribal cards like we do today?

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by micflo28(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Peter Obi is the best man. That man is a true pan nigerian

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Cyriloha(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
Tolexander:
Goodluck Jonathan!

To insult person de your DNA ?
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

Hopefully PDP will choose a reasonable and acceptable vice

The reason south west seems to tilt towards buhari especially during his second term bid is osinbajo, not a case of tribalism of him simply being a Yoruba man but of his qualifications, a good technocrat, scandal free, family man and Public Relation man. Hate or like Tinubu he seems to have abundance of this amazing technocrats in his war chest and uses them appropriately.

PDP/Atiku should note that not everything is about Buhari/APC, in choosing their vice, the target man should be Osinbajo nothing less than him should be presented, forget the position of president you need someone people will rather vote rather than osinbajo and I must confess that is a more difficult job than finding a match against buhari

from your analogy, then okonjo iweala will be the best pick. Her CV is better than that of Peter obi and also osinbajo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:

my question is did west vote for obj/Atiku ?
No because they have the option of Chief Falae sir
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Ategberoson(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB keeping ruling till 2023.

atiku cannot pick VP out of southwest. not even now that APC had divided part of south south and south East

if atiku pick VP in southwest, south south and southeast will still vote him and if he pick VP from southeast as they are been clamouring, southwest will stick with APC

after picking his VP from south east for example. Yoruba we unite and give APC 95% votes but if atiku pick southwest he will draw buhari in Southwest

APC will get 35% from east, this is not PDP primary election,

APC will get 40 in south south and northeast buhari will win atiku with 55 atiku 45%

in northwest buhari will beat atiku mercilessly 70% 30%

in north central atiku will get 90% buhari 10%

and if eventually atiku didn't pick VP in East and East work against him then their votes will be a plus on buhari side
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Johnpsite: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Otedola
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ukandi1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
correctyourself:

But come to think of it, has Bello of Kogi State made the young proud? I am afraid; putting the leaves of Nigerians onto young people's hand.

Yahya Bello inherited a state that was burden by debts incurred by past administration. The same problem his counterpart in Cross River faced.
Besides, he was voted in as APC candidate not because he was youth. Do not question the strength in youthfulness
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ISLAMBAD: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Benekruku:

Expect that tribal politics in 2019. History might repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by tosinjay(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:

My opinion

It's not by analyzing all these... Simple thing is he will share the votes with bubu in the north and get almost 3/4 from other parts. Tell me who wants Buhari again in his right mind and not a supporter of apc. SW for presidency has nothing to do with Tinubu, the people are fed up with Buhari. Simple.
Atiku should just do his homework well in the north, if everything is free and fair, sure win.

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AyakaDunukofia: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
" In an interview with New Telegraph newspaper, Junaid Mohammed said that whereas the average votes garnered by Buhari in Lagos and other SW state was about 700, 000, Kano gave him two million votes"

Why all this noise from a few uninformed miscreants from the SW?

7 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ISLAMBAD: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Benekruku:

Expect that tribal politics in 2019. History might repeat itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Saraki Shines As Atiku Campaigns In Lagos, Gives Lagosians 'Shaku' / Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign Train In Osogbo City (pictures) / Current Wife Of Dapo Williams Chases The 1st Son Of The Deceased During burial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.