Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? (62530 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find / Reaction From Deltans As Okowa Emerges Running Mate Of Atiku (pics Attached) / Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Mulatta(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mr Adeleke Lobatan
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by paj4love: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

No because they have the option of Chief Falae sir

My brother let's say things as we see it, SW vote will be 50/50 or 60/40 as far as PDP is Concern, even though you give them the VP slot, but South East will be of an advantage to PDP, Because APC is already woeing them with presidential slot in 2023 and if they fall for it then Atiku should say bye-bye to his presidential bid, and 2023 is not even sure for SE under APC because of Tinubu factor

5 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by modik(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Glink2018:

No, you are wrong...

Atiku should pick.....

Diezani Alison Madueke should be his running mate.

She carry polithievian weight as Atiku

No you are wrong.

Kemi Adeosun is better.

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by icon007(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
" In an interview with New Telegraph newspaper, Junaid Mohammed said that whereas the average votes garnered by Buhari in Lagos and other SW state was about 700, 000, Kano gave him two million votes"

Why all this noise from a few uninformed miscreants from the SW?

The 2m would have been canceled equally! Ask the woman why buhari didn't win in 2011 against the same opponent. It's as a result of bloc voting.

APC was able to divide up Lagos that would have voted en mass for GEJ even after so much spending and federal might
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by LogicStatement: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
If PDP truly desires to win the 2019 elections, they should get a technocrat/politician with good pedigree from SW as Atiku's running mate. Buhari and Atiku will share the votes in NW and NE but Buhari will have more votes from these regions.
NC will want to show APC/Buhari some lessons and vote for Atiku.
SE will vote anything that contests against Buhari (due ro their sentimental hate for him) so, SE votes are certain for PDP irrespective of who is Atiku's running mate.
SS votes will be divided between Buhari and Atiku depending on the state. But the deciding votes will come from SW because first, it is mainly an APC region and most importantly, the APC Vice President, Osinbanjo is from there. Therefore, in order to share the votes in SW, the PDP Vice President should be from there. This will be a right and equal match for APC.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by soulpiano23(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:
1. Atiku will claim all the vote in the North East
2. Atiku and PMB will both share the vote in North West equally
3. Atiku will have the larger vote in the Middle belt
4. Buhari will have the larger vote in the South West
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB keeping ruling till 2023.

My opinion

You think politics is 1+1=2 ?
You analysis is just too childish!

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Benekruku(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

Expect that tribal politics in 2019.
History might repeat itself.

Thats what am saying

If Atiku picks a South Easterner as VP, He will lose votes up North
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AyakaDunukofia: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
lie. buhari got 3m votes from the south west

PDP got 2.7m
[img] http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/23/dont-rate-contribution-buharis-2015-victory-junaid-mohammed-tells-south-west/ [/img]

SOUTH WEST GAVE BUHARI A PALTRY 700K. IT IS A NATIONAL RECORD. ATIKU IS NOT READY FOR THAT. HE NEEDS A BLOCK VOTE.

SOUTH East VOTE is NOT certain for anyone. They VOTE in BLOCK. And not ready to take any insult.

5 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by BillgatesMaigad(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ben Murray Bruce......SS

OR

Peter Obi.................SE
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by wideawaken01: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Competent Analyst, well artikulated

landmark86:
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB keeping ruling till 2023.

My opinion

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
bonechamberlain:
a member of APC, when.

He joined APC when buhari won, he was even considered for ministerial appointment but he got the African development bank job and left.

PDP will not zone it to the SW except they've sworn to destroy their chances. They already have the SS, parts of MB, NE, they'll need to consolidate their power by picking SE, which will have a positive ripple effect on both SE and SS. SE and SS vote in the same pattern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by MrJanuzaj: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
mandax:
SW and NW in Buhari presidency.

SE and NE slug it out with SW and NW next election.

P. Obi is answer, or any former governor in the southeast.

Who told you NE is for Atiku? Have forgotten that the states that make up NE are Bauchi, Adamawa, Bornu, Gombe, Taraba,Jigawa and Yobe. I dont think Atiku will win Buhari in Northwest
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by icon007(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:

My brother let's say things as we see it, SW vote will be 50/50 or 60/40 as far as PDP is Concern, even though you give them the VP slot, but South East will be of an advantage to PDP, Because APC is already woeing them with presidential slot in 2023 and if they fall for it then Atiku should say bye-bye to his presidential bid, and 2023 is not even sure for SE under APC because of Tinubu factor

All we are trying to see is how bubu go back to daura.

I don't care who actually win, pdp sdp Ann but not apc.

Let the permutations and combinations brings d best
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Deltatoto: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Aquilazng:
Okonjo or Peter Obj is OK
no not ok at all
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by enemyofprogress: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Aisha Buhari would help to win all the votes from the Nigerian women, she is the best candidate for that post
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by MrJanuzaj: 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
sogodihno:
if Atiku make the mistake of picking his vice from SE, then it's over for him. he will get less than 20% from SW, no westerner will leave Osinbajo to vote for peter obi/Nkowjo.

SS has the PDP chairman aready, they can't have the VP and SS & SE is already tilted towards Atiku.

Their is no way Atiku can win In NW(wch has the largest voter), what he should is to try to get at least 40% in NW. Atiku should win comfortably in the NE and NC. But this cant march NW(largest voter) and SW votes(2nd largest voter).

Atiku, can only win if he pick SW candidates if not, he should better not contest. SW media will finish him and won't get significant vote with Igbo VP in the west.

Atiku will win confortably in NE and NC? Hmmmmn. Okooo.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by pfadom: 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku winning North East = impossible
Atiku cannot win significant votes in North West.

landmark86:

My opinion

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by justphillips(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
bonechamberlain:
peter obo, Ngozi okonjo, akinwunmi adesina,
Peter obo

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AyakaDunukofia: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

[img] http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/23/dont-rate-contribution-buharis-2015-victory-junaid-mohammed-tells-south-west/ [/img]

SOUTH WEST GAVE BUHARI A PALTRY 700K. IT IS A NATIONAL RECORD. ATIKU IS NOT READY FOR THAT. HE NEEDS A BLOCK VOTE.

SOUTH East VOTE is NOT certain for anyone. They VOTE in BLOCK. And not ready to take any insult.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by anigbajumo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Spatta:
Nigeria is a dead country

see the agitation over a corrupt Atiku

whoa! those who took History out of our curriculum did us a great disservice

My bro,e tire me I swear......see permutation,Atiku of all people??

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
onadana:

People and religion.

That's the Reality We live in. this is Nigeria.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by paj4love: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:

I do not understand all this talk of voting strength. All states are equal and what is more important is getting 25% or in the states where you are strong stop your opponent getting 25%.

the SW and SS both have 6 states each while the SE has only 5 so Atiku's best bet to my mind will be either SS or SW. Politically with 5 states the SE is irrelevant

To win the election Atiku needs to hold his NE region and am to stop Buhari winning 25%.

He needs to work in the NC region and aim for 25% across SW and particularly Lagos

Honestly I do not think a SW candidate will help him.

I cannot see any current PDP member in the SW that has any clout.

It will all come down to money and structures

We have a good idea how the SS and SE will vote but this time with the federal might and decampees like Akpabio,Uduaghan and so on Buhari will get 25%.

All said I think The resultt will be close and Buhari will win. Buhari will win SW so Atiku should go to the SS. A SE candidate will hinder rather than help him

Chairman SS region are mostly minority groups but SE have a block vote for PDP if they will feed a SE candidate and don't forget Lagos and the SW have nothing less than 20% South Easterners, PH has about 30% Igbo's, Delta 20%, etc t

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Bellotelli: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
sexiestharam:
If you watched the primaries, you will realise his closeness to Ben Bruce. Ben Bruce would likely be his running mate.
you've spoken my mind
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Elderpee: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:

My opinion

You re right my dear. I love your swag
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Henrypraise: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

Hopefully PDP will choose a reasonable and acceptable vice

The reason south west seems to tilt towards buhari especially during his second term bid is osinbajo, not a case of tribalism of him simply being a Yoruba man but of his qualifications, a good technocrat, scandal free, family man and Public Relation man. Hate or like Tinubu he seems to have abundance of this amazing technocrats in his war chest and uses them appropriately.

PDP/Atiku should note that not everything is about Buhari/APC, in choosing their vice, the target man should be Osinbajo nothing less than him should be presented, forget the position of president you need someone people will rather vote rather than osinbajo and I must confess that is a more difficult job than finding a match against buhari

U just wrote nonsense, d south west are rallying round apc not because of osinbajo, osinbajo's fame is only as far as tinubu made it. Just as d case wit ambode, d sw av bin tailored to be a pple who ar led by an individual, n anywhere dia leader goes, de too goes... Stop selling osinbajo's stale meat to d public...

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Drubiggs24(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
A VP candidate from the SW considering political calculations. A smart technocrat with proven record. SE is in the bag if u ask me..

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by blackgold90(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
sulakishop:
Choosing from the SE may jeopardize his winning chances. Most northerners and SW might not be comfortable with such choices. Just an opinion though...

Atiku winning will come from the north.
SW are too deceitful,lets assumed their 6 states vote APC because of Osinbajo and Tinubu.

Rather he will choose SE VP so that 11 states of SS+SE will vote for him. He just need to get 8-10 states from North to win.

He already wins adamawa, benue, Kwara,Niger,Taraba,Pleatue states,

6 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ISLAMBAD: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:

There is no parallel between 1979 and now so stop talking nonsense

What do you mean by "divided"

There were 10 states in the North in 1979 and Shagari only got 25% in 7 states
He got 25% in 5 states in the South

his party the NPN won the governorship in 5 States out of 10
Sokoto Niger, Benue,Kwara and Bauchi

It did not win in the other five Plateau,Kano,Kaduna,Gongola and Borno

These are the only states (10) that were present at that time

You need to go back to your history.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by biztip: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:

My opinion

wrong speculation.I wonder if its Nigerians who are suffering severely will vote him. don't confuse APC governorship elections with presidential. d truth is DT most Nigerians dn tire for Bihar. and all are patiently waiting for 2019 to tell him to go
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by BestDude: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

Hopefully PDP will choose a reasonable and acceptable vice

The reason south west seems to tilt towards buhari especially during his second term bid is osinbajo, not a case of tribalism of him simply being a Yoruba man but of his qualifications, a good technocrat, scandal free, family man and Public Relation man. Hate or like Tinubu he seems to have abundance of this amazing technocrats in his war chest and uses them appropriately.

PDP/Atiku should note that not everything is about Buhari/APC, in choosing their vice, the target man should be Osinbajo nothing less than him should be presented, forget the position of president you need someone people will rather vote rather than osinbajo and I must confess that is a more difficult job than finding a match against buhari

gbam
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Joldsilver: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku/Ekwerenmadu should have been the best
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AyakaDunukofia: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
anigbajumo:

My bro,e tire me I swear......see permutation,Atiku of all people??
Right. What is the probable alternative to the killer Buhari?
The issue now in Nigeria is who will abate the blood letting going on in the past 4 years. Human beings are being killed and not animals!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

People Beheaded In Cross River Cult Attack (Graphic Photos) / Saraki Shines As Atiku Campaigns In Lagos, Gives Lagosians 'Shaku' / Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign Train In Osogbo City (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.