Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate (71395 Views)

Atiku Woos Godwin Obaseki To Join PDP / Atiku Woos Theresa May, Sells Agenda To Britain / Atiku Woos Osun PDP Delegates For Presidential Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by enemyofprogress: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
Na dem dey rush us tongue tongue
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Burger01(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
Here we go again smiley
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Ategberoson(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
who notice buhari supporters had been restless here since. I wish you guys the Sympathy to bear the presidential loss in advance

you did well Atiku and with obj or not you will be elected as the president of federal republic of Nigeria comes 2019 just play your card well. if picking VP from east won't affect your votes in southwest and other geopolitical zones so be it. just picked a candidate Nigeria love not peter obi bla bla that Nigerians haven't feel his impact before

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Rapuru14: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
God help Nigeria
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Boss20: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
Buhari will trash this corrupt old man like can!

Keep dreaming.

It will be like film in your eyes come 2019 when Atiku send Buhari back to Daura

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by WebSurfer(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
None of them is fit , get your visa ready
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Princedapace(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
The truth is that Atiku can not win south west.. Tibubu has that region locked down.. The best he can do is to spoil votes there by getting between 45%-50%..

He needs Obasanjo to help convince some old generals to influence other regions both legally and illegally becus 2019 election would be the most rigged election in our history.

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how I make income online, kindly check my profile and read my thread on how I do this..

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Hopium: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
I think OBJ will make a u-turn and embrace Atiku. Atiku is his only hope of rustling power with Buhari and grabbing the mantle of political relivance again.

Baba OBJ's ship of political relevance already capsized and for a person who loves attention, he will do the unthinkable.

In fact, he may eventually collapse the structure of his coalition under Atiku's to offer support.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by PS712: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
Buhari has helped ATIKU reduce OBJ's super influence!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by mabaz(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
He obviously needs votes from the south west. Too bad obasanjo is no jagaban.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Ijaya123: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
Why is that anybody those ipob miscreants support always lose?

I expect them to start supporting Atiku now since Saraki has lost. Unfortunately same fate awaits Atiku.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by stevodot22(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Fear don dey catch dem. Zombies party. Atikulate go beat dem blue back come 2019.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by stevodot22(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
M
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by johnmba: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obj no dey forgiveoooo
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by ChroniclesNg(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ecstasy154:
He is only a few minutes into his emergence as presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the 2019 general election, but former Vcer President Atiku Abubakar is already setting about the business of wooing both his friends and enemies, all in a bid to bolster his arsenal ahead of the battle ahead.

While delivering his acceptance speech after he was officially declared winner of the primary with 1,532 votes to Aminu Tambuwal's 693, Atiku thanked former President Olusegun Obasanjo for picking him as his Vice President in 1999, saying without this, he could never have become the PDP presidential candidate today.

Atiku's words were clearly to woo his ex-boss, who has minced no words in saying he would never support Atiku to become President.

Only two months ago, Obasanjo had said: “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.

“It is not a question of working with or not working with an individual,” he said. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”

Despite having knowledge of Obasanjo's perception of him, Atiku said on Sunday while accepting to be PDP candidate: "Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn't have been standing where I am today if my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, had not made me his Vice President.

"Under his tutelage, I learnt quite a lot, and I believe the experience I have got is going to impact on how I eventually govern this country. I wish to pay my personal tribute to him."

It remains to be seen if Atiku's latest charm offensive would convince Obasanjo to pipe down on his aversion to the presidential ambition of his one-time deputy.

See Obasanjo's reply

www.chronicles.com.ng

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by joenaija: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
We do not need a president that was tutored by OBJ
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by WeirdWolf: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
That's life.
Ur boy today could be ur master tomorrow.
Treat those two impostors just the same in ur dealings.

Congratulations Atiku.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by meforyou1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku should forget that ota man. We are voting atiku massively. Buhari should go back to daura
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by buhariguy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
Omololu001:
this is no more 2014 o, buhari and gej are the same
and your ineffectual buffoon is better than your thief atikulate
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by meforyou1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
joenaija:
We do not need a president that was tutored by OBJ
atiku tutored obj not d way round
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by jaxxy(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
Only two months ago, Obasanjo had said: “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.

“It is not a question of working with or not working with an individual,” he said. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”

Atiku u are absolutely on the right track here.

Very PROFOUND Statement from obj himself!
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Ijaya123: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
NICE way to go ATIKU grin cheesy grin

You need all allies and enemies alike
With the sole objective,To drive away that lifeless dullard in Aso rock.

All hands on deck.

Quit dreaming and wake up to reality. Atiku can’t defeat Buhari in next year election.

2023 should be the focus.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku!!!!!!

WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA
glad Abacha is gone if not he would have ruled again...you mean Nigerian cant produce better candidates than these 2 former despots?
wow
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Lordofthewest(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
As biafuro don already dey support am his destruction is sure..biafuros in the house please support buhari too so he can lose cos we need a young, vibrant,educated, enlightened leader.
CilicMarin:

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by theoldpretender(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:

APC may have a tough ride next year.

The middle Belt is uncertain, and even though Osun and Ekiti were won, the margin of victory was narrow, especially Osun, a previously reliable state.

Atiku coming in means that Adamawa is gone. Taraba too, with the issues around Mama Taraba is very uncertain.

Even the North, Sokoto and Kano may be a bit problematic.

But as in 2015, the mane battlefield is the Middle belt. Benue and Plateau are gone. Kwara is probably gone. Taraba is iffy.. Niger and Kaduna are the only reliable, Gombe is gone (Dankwambo holds sway there, and that is a rare example of a good PDP governor)

APC could lose.

(I am no APC or PDP fan by the way. And Atiku has no ideas for Nigeria like Bubu)

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku is a unifier. It's a pity most people don't know or understand him well enough.

He would unify all the disparate clusters and blocs in Nigeria and stimulate unprecedented growth.

Let's all queue up behind him and oust the lunatic currently occupying Aso Rock. I'm sticking put my neck for Atiku because I know he has what it takes. He's our best bet. Thank God PDP did the needful. Now it's in the hands of Nigerians.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by greggng: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
JoanHicks:
Nice move

Let me use Donald trump words when Russia were trying to deter him from bombing Syria. ...he said, expect the bomb nicely....atiku and the gullible pdp members should expect trashing nicely by buhari. God has deserted pdp for a long time...and remember what an elder sit down to see, a child even if he clumps the highest mountain cannot see. Obj saw what some of you gullible followers are yet to see. Enjoy your incoming defeat....as usual you will cry of rigging
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by kelvinchreez: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by onenaija001(m): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmm polithiefcians, #Sai_BABA!!!!!!
Pls check my siggy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's 4 + 4 Gesture Goes Viral. What Do You Think? (Photo) / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.