Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate (71397 Views)

Atiku Woos Godwin Obaseki To Join PDP / Atiku Woos Theresa May, Sells Agenda To Britain / Atiku Woos Osun PDP Delegates For Presidential Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by theoldpretender(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
milehigh06:
Atiku!!!!!!

WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA
glad Abacha is gone if not he would have ruled again...you mean Nigerian cant produce better candidates than these 2 former despots?
wow

Thing about Nigerian politics

People grumble about the evil elite upstairs in Aso rock, but propose sensible candidates like Moghalu, Sonaya, Sowore, even Duke, and they will laugh at you, and vote for the same old folks

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Yankee101: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Let's kick ass!

APC where's your ass?
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by dairogus: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nigeria is right in a daisy state with this outcome
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by AnanseK(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
As long as the selfish and arrogant senate president is cut down to size I’m okay.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ijaya123:
Why is that anybody those ipob miscreants support always lose?

I expect them to start supporting Atiku now since Saraki has lost. Unfortunately same fate awaits Atiku.
Like Ipob supported trump?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
If you think Obj has no political importance, why do you think Atiku keeps on mentioning him? There are things that appears ordinary but are extra ordinary. Watch and see. OBJ and IBB are the underground kings in Nigeria politics.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Anduku: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
And I was thinking it was going to be between tambuwal, kwankwaso and saraki. Many surprises in politics
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by KBEST3(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
INTERM OF THEIR AGE BUHARI AND ATIKU ARE THESAME OLD GRANDPA's
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
theoldpretender:

Thing about Nigerian politics

People grumble about the evil elite upstairs in Aso rock, but propose sensible candidates like Moghalu, Sonaya, Sowore, even Duke, and they will laugh at you, and vote for the same old folks

these dudes were in power when my dad was alive and tbings were going bananas then and now i have kids of mine and same dudes are basically ruling the nation again...although i totally despise the man,now i see why Trump would make statements like he did about African nations...and its sad

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by omoranmilowo: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
gentleguy1975:
Does he need Obj to win?any he can't even win
. My friend, based on free and fair election Atiku will defeat Buhari hands down. Or are you not tired of poverty?
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
That's the spirit of humility. Good way to go Atiku, God lifts the humble if it is genuine.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by bluefilm: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ecstasy154:

Despite having knowledge of Obasanjo's perception of him, Atiku said on Sunday while accepting to be PDP candidate: "Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn't have been standing where I am today if my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, had not made me his Vice President.

"Under his tutelage, I learnt quite a lot, and I believe the experience I have got is going to impact on how I eventually govern this country. I wish to pay my personal tribute to him."

What is this atiku man trying to do to baba?

I hope he's not trying to implicate baba with that statement?

How can you say that baba is the one who taught you how to loot? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by CilicMarin: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
theoldpretender:

APC may have a tough ride next year.

The middle Belt is uncertain, and even though Osun and Ekiti were won, the margin of victory was narrow, especially Osun, a previously reliable state.

Atiku coming in means that Adamawa is gone. Taraba too, with the issues around Mama Taraba is very uncertain.

Even the North, Sokoto and Kano may be a bit problematic.

But as in 2015, the mane battlefield is the Middle belt. Benue and Plateau are gone. Kwara is probably gone. Taraba is iffy.. Niger and Kaduna are the only reliable, Gombe is gone (Dankwambo holds sway there, and that is a rare example of a good PDP governor)

APC could lose.

(I am no APC or PDP fan by the way. And Atiku has no ideas for Nigeria like Bubu)

And PDP will have the InEC and police to write votes in South South and South East like they did in 2015? grin grin

And Buhari, power of incumbency won't further drive up his votes in Northern part like never before? grin

Mark it somewhere, Atiku will not win any State in

South West.

North West.

North East.

The votes of South/South will be shared equally..

Atiku won't win Imo and Anambra States in the South East.

Out of the 6 states in the North Central, Buhari will win
Kwara
Kogi,
Niger.

While the votes will be shared in

Plateau
Benue
Nasarrawa.

All in all Atiku may not get up to 7Million votes altogether.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by ib0221: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
Good move, I like that. Chief Obasanjo is Owu, omo Olowu Oduru, omo ajifepe sere, enu lan wu powo, enu lanwu pe Owu ni odele Owu, iran Owu kan kin ranro, awi nmenu kuro ni towu. omo Ajibosin. If the right button is pressed, the chief will certainly forgive and bless him. Fortunately for Alhaji Atiku, there are atleast three living right buttons to press. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Michikech(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bloggers and Amebo are 5&6 Hu told them he is wooing OBJ......he is only #atikulating for 2019
if you doubt me.....argue with ur phone

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
Buhari will trash this corrupt old man like can!

Integrity is not leadership.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Airoflaw(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
its finish for PDP..n who will vote Atiku .2019 i go just sit down 4 my house dey watch.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by duwdu: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
donogaga:
One of the greatest lessons of social media is that likes, comments and banters don't win elections...

If it was only Twitter...

Uncle Saraki would have won the polls as he and his #GrowNigeria trended day and night...

And his media team were top notch.

In real life however.... He was not close to the 1st or 2nd...

Social media Sha

You can say that again. Unfortunately, those concerned will never learn or grow out of that mindset that the world begins and ends on Social Media. It's probably because most of them were born into this era, where their first independent, real-world messaging interactions, are not via hard copies shared with real people, but with virtual beings on the Internet via gadgets.

P34c3
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Adel001: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hmm. Wooing Obasanjo is a smart move. If he can get OBJ behind him, he can win.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
omoranmilowo:
. My friend, based on free and fair election Atiku will defeat Buhari hands down. Or are you not tired of poverty?
yes , you are right. God will surely intercede this time.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by BRASH: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
Did atiku read his speach from a note like some lifeless fellow will do? I,m sure he didn't. He is intelligent enough to give an impromtu speach and that's the kind of president we need. Atiku will definetly stand 4 a debate and will never be afraid of giving a press confrence. Enough of lifelessness and dullarcy
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by gentleguy1975: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
omoranmilowo:
So no poverty during obj/atiku era? and before u compare then and now remember Abacha regime despite his unpopularity, was far better than obj era. I have d evidence

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by ib0221: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:

And PDP will have the InEC and police to write votes in South South and South East like they did in 2015? grin grin

And Buhari, power of incumbency won't further drive up his votes in Northern part like never before? grin

Mark it somewhere, Atiku will not win any State in

South West.

North West.

North East.

The votes of South/South will be shared equally..

Atiku won't win Imo and Anambra States in the South East.

Out of the 6 states in the North Central, Buhari will win
Kwara
Kogi,
Niger.

While the votes will be shared in

Plateau
Benue
Nasarrawa.

All in all Atiku may not get up to 7Million votes altogether.

My friend, never say never. Politics and elections are all about alighment, strategy and underhand.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by ACE1010: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Thisis2raw:
and Buhari is not corrupt ba??
The man isn't even the president yet and you Wan to die. Wait you will hear about the corrupt practices of Buhari and his cohorts when this man takes office

Who dash monkey banana? Atiku will be trashed! Pdthieves will suffer heavy defeat come 2019!! Na me talk am cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by semyman: 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obasanjo knows what we don't know about Atiku, so what of the youthful PDP and those that will christianizei Nigeria?
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by JuanDeDios: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
Riversides2003:
Obasanjo is still quite bitter because Atiku foiled his selfish 3rd term bid, he should forget and forge ahead let’s come together and fight this hydra headed monster called Buhari. #backtodaura2019.
I guess the question, in the end, will be who the wily old farmer hates more between Buhari and Atiku. Maybe he will just stay from it all.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Samade7: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Riversides2003:
Obasanjo is still quite bitter because Atiku foiled his selfish 3rd term bid, he should forget and forge ahead let’s come together and fight this hydra headed monster called Buhari. #backtodaura2019.

Wats wrong with you?

Why are you calling him hydra headed monster?

He is an amoebic headed monster joor.
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by benitwater(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
saintade01:

This your picture of Jonathan shouting Sai Buhari always got me laughing whenever I sight it grin grin grin grin grin
It makes him look like.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed before they come for me o grin grin grin
like ineffecti..bab..n lipsrsealed
saintade01:

This your picture of Jonathan shouting Sai Buhari always got me laughing whenever I sight it grin grin grin grin grin
It makes him look like.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed before they come for me o grin grin grin
like ineffecti..bab..n
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by milemimi93(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ecstasy154:
He is only a few minutes into his emergence as presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the 2019 general election, but former Vcer President Atiku Abubakar is already setting about the business of wooing both his friends and enemies, all in a bid to bolster his arsenal ahead of the battle ahead.

While delivering his acceptance speech after he was officially declared winner of the primary with 1,532 votes to Aminu Tambuwal's 693, Atiku thanked former President Olusegun Obasanjo for picking him as his Vice President in 1999, saying without this, he could never have become the PDP presidential candidate today.

Atiku's words were clearly to woo his ex-boss, who has minced no words in saying he would never support Atiku to become President.

Only two months ago, Obasanjo had said: “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.

“It is not a question of working with or not working with an individual,” he said. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”

Despite having knowledge of Obasanjo's perception of him, Atiku said on Sunday while accepting to be PDP candidate: "Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn't have been standing where I am today if my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, had not made me his Vice President.

"Under his tutelage, I learnt quite a lot, and I believe the experience I have got is going to impact on how I eventually govern this country. I wish to pay my personal tribute to him."

It remains to be seen if Atiku's latest charm offensive would convince Obasanjo to pipe down on his aversion to the presidential ambition of his one-time deputy.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/07/breaking-atiku-woos-obasanjo-minutes-after-becoming-pdps-presidential-candidate

But Nigerians want Sai Baba till 2023..
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by BRASH: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
KBEST3:
INTERM OF THEIR AGE BUHARI AND ATIKU ARE THESAME OLD GRANDPA's
they are not. Buhari is over 80 and atiku is in his 70s. Buhari is an ancestor just obj, only that obj is sound, healthy and educated while buhari is d exact opposite. That his 75yrs is fake age. Bubu is 80+
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by smartolala(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
In politics,every one is important no matter what,good move by waziri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Buhari's 4 + 4 Gesture Goes Viral. What Do You Think? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.