Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku (4111 Views)

I’m Not Aware Of Any Corruption In Dapo Abiodun’s Govt –adeniran / How Attorney-general Malami Stalled N5.7 Billion Corruption Case Against Former / PDP Issues Statement On Oshiomhole's Corruption Case; Challenges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Africankel(m): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
BAYO AKINLOYE

The United States Department of Justice has denied having any record that indicates that Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has a pending lawsuit in the US.

In an email to our correspondent on Friday, a spokesperson for the US DOJ, Peter Carr said, “Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked the public court records, and they do not show cases filed against a defendant named Atiku Abubakar.”

This was stated as a response to SUNDAY PUNCH’s request for information on whether Abubakar is wanted in the US in connection with any issue of money laundering.

The mail also asked the department to confirm whether Abubakar has been banned from entering the US and if there is any court case against him concerning the Halliburton scandal which resulted in the conviction of a US lawmaker, William Jefferson.

Asked if it is true that the ex-vice president (now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress) was banned from entering the US, the American official said the issue was confidential.

He said, “Visa issues are confidential under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If your question is specifically about entry – not about visas per se – I would refer you to the US Customs and Border Protection.”

Last week, Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, had implied that Abubakar was avoiding a visit to the US because he might be charged with a case of money laundering.

He reacted to Abubakar’s interview which he granted to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s quarterly publication, Zero Tolerance, where he had accused the Kaduna governor of corruption by offering him Transcorp’s shares.

https://punchng.com/dont-criminal-case-atiku-us/

2 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by stephleena(f): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
Another bad market for bmcs..

20 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Olohunjedalo(m): 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Wailers . This one is for you .
Oya food is ready cheesy cheesy
Come and wine and dine

7 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
grin December Atiku is going to America, they go watch the film wink

8 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by EmekaMD(m): 12:00am On Oct 08, 2018
Wether he goes to US or not we don't care..
Buhari that went was he not called lifeless and banned from seeing Trump again?

So go Bleep yourself Sai Baba chanters

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by baritereign24(m): 12:00am On Oct 08, 2018
Adulation. The fear of a time is the beginning of wisdom for all apc zombies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Nwadiuto247: 12:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Investigative journalism is the key. No guess work pls.
Atiku is ok for 2019. All politicians in Nigeria are corrupt in one way or the other, including Buhari so let the pretense stop.
Buhari failed me big time by messing up the economy and being so tribalistic. I wont support him again.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by OkpekeBeauty: 12:04am On Oct 08, 2018
Chai
I dont like the fact that I have between Atiku and Buhari to choose but between two evils I choose the less. Atiku
If I am to follow my mind without judging tribe, religion, or chances I would prefer
Oby Ezekwesili
Fela Durotoye
Somebody Muoghalu
Pst Chris Okotie
These people have more to offer than the two Fulanis we are stuck with

2 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by KanwuliaMama: 12:14am On Oct 08, 2018
Even Tinubu with CHICAGO DRUG MAFIA case fit buy “exempt certificate of forfeiture”. Not to talk of Atiku with clean record.

Jefferson did business with Atiki, na ATIKU FREEZER dem find the $90,000?

Yeye dey BOOM! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by internationalman(m): 12:29am On Oct 08, 2018
All I know is that the last time Buhari visited USA he avoided Trump like the plague..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by GavelSlam: 12:32am On Oct 08, 2018

3 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:35am On Oct 08, 2018

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by slivertongue: 12:52am On Oct 08, 2018
APC suporters wil soon twist d story. som of dese xters callin Atiku names are creatin threads agitatin 4vp 4dia zones

2 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by GavelSlam: 1:00am On Oct 08, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

December he's going there to chill, just calm down and watch how things unfold

He's not going anywhere.

America is not Nigeria where you twist the law with impunity.

His wife has fled the states and they sold their house in Maryland a few months ago.

The important thing is actually not his visiting but the fact that it has been documented by an independent body that he is a thief.

His accomplice, Siemens, has fessed up to its wrongdoings but trust Naija man, even on the cross of Calvary he go hold ground.

Lastly, a few months ago, you guys said he was travelling to the States in 7 days or something like that, and I insisted he was going nowhere.

Atiku is a criminal and that is not in question.

3 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Racoon(m): 1:04am On Oct 08, 2018
I dont believe it.The US jailed congressman-Jefferson over the Halliburton/Siemen scandal.

2 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by yns4real: 1:07am On Oct 08, 2018
Africankel:
BAYO AKINLOYE

The United States Department of Justice has denied having any record that indicates that Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has a pending lawsuit in the US.

In an email to our correspondent on Friday, a spokesperson for the US DOJ, Peter Carr said, “Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked the public court records, and they do not show cases filed against a defendant named Atiku Abubakar.”

This was stated as a response to SUNDAY PUNCH’s request for information on whether Abubakar is wanted in the US in connection with any issue of money laundering.

The mail also asked the department to confirm whether Abubakar has been banned from entering the US and if there is any court case against him concerning the Halliburton scandal which resulted in the conviction of a US lawmaker, William Jefferson.

Asked if it is true that the ex-vice president (now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress) was banned from entering the US, the American official said the issue was confidential.

He said, “Visa issues are confidential under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If your question is specifically about entry – not about visas per se – I would refer you to the US Customs and Border Protection.”

Last week, Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, had implied that Abubakar was avoiding a visit to the US because he might be charged with a case of money laundering.

He reacted to Abubakar’s interview which he granted to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s quarterly publication, Zero Tolerance, where he had accused the Kaduna governor of corruption by offering him Transcorp’s shares.

https://punchng.com/dont-criminal-case-atiku-us/

Old news: published on November 20, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

He's not going anywhere.

His wife has fled the states and they sold their house in Maryland a few months ago.

The important thing is actually not his visiting but the fact that it has been documented by an independent body that he is a thief.

His accomplice, Siemens, has fessed up to its wrongdoings but trust Naija man, even on the cross of Calvary he go hold ground.

Lastly, a few months ago, you guys said he was travelling to the States in 7 days or something like that, and I insisted he was going nowhere.

Which good businessman isn't? You know what, fvck corruption, what Nigeria needs at the moment is a unifier and a detribalized leader. Buhari that isn't a criminal, what good has he done the country if not harm? He is poor but his wife is a billionaire and his son's bike alone can pay minimum wages of an entire state workers, abegiii. sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by GavelSlam: 1:52am On Oct 08, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Which good businessman isn't? You know what, fvck corruption, what Nigeria needs at the moment is a unifier and a detribalized leader. Buhari that isn't a criminal, what good has he done the country if not harm? He is poor but his wife is a billionaire and his son's bike alone can pay minimum wages of an entire state workers, abegiii. sad

That's the story the corrupt people love to say.

Corruption is a malaise, a disease that causes all the strife a nation goes through.

As regards Yusuf Buhari's bike, I challenge you to provide the specification of the bike.

Heck, I'll go one better and tell us the colour of the bike.

You see, until you provide facts and not conjecture, honest, intelligent people would tell you to your face that you are lying.

Provide facts or you are simply a supporter of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by iLoveAnambra(m): 1:53am On Oct 08, 2018
e go pepper some people ooo
Zombies no go eat again till 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by rinzaugustine: 2:18am On Oct 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
There's a US Senate committee report on corruption citing Atiku as an epitome of corruption.

[url]https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/report-psi-staff-report-keeping-foreign-corruption-out-of-the-united-states-four-case-histories&ved=2ahUKEwj5l6vyu_XdAhUC3CwKHR4UDzUQFjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1X0yl2xlOLxR2Tv_sMXyzz
[/url]
Why is trump refusing to visit nigeria and even his wife avoided a country with the highest number of black people and we are not making an issue of it.Must we continue to be a slave to the white man forever.Think with your head for once

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by GavelSlam: 2:25am On Oct 08, 2018
rinzaugustine:
Why is trump refusing to visit nigeria and even his wife avoided a country with the highest number of black people and we are not making an issue of it.Must we continue to be a slave to the white man forever.Think with your head for once

You are the one making the travel to the states, the great deal whilst trivializing the brazen and proven corruption as stated in the report.

I did not open the thread. I simply contributed to it by stating the facts.

If you like , you can beat around the bush.

The attached link is a document from a US SENATE Committe and it cites Atiku as a corrupt African leader.

Make of it what you may.

It doesn't change the fact that he is a thief.

3 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Konki: 3:08am On Oct 08, 2018
Nwadiuto247:
Investigative journalism is the key. No guess work pls.
Atiku is ok for 2019. All politicians in Nigeria are corrupt in one way or the other, including Buhari so let the pretense stop.
Buhari failed me big time by messing up the economy and being so tribalistic. I wont support him again.

I never supported him cos his anticidents are not hidden.

Only the gullible can be deceived twice.

#BackToDaura

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by SimplePlan34: 3:47am On Oct 08, 2018
Ok
Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Yankee101: 4:24am On Oct 08, 2018
Well let's take it to the front page and let campaigns begin

1 Like

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Dandsome: 4:32am On Oct 08, 2018
Story Don change overnight....
Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by SHOPPERS(m): 4:45am On Oct 08, 2018
Propaganda 1 bursted. Keep it coming guys

3 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by truthfulparrot(m): 5:35am On Oct 08, 2018
Mark my words. ATIKU will soon be given US visa and invited by US government to US for negotiation briefing before the end of this year.
The international community and ECOWAS are tired of PMB

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Mujtahida: 6:01am On Oct 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

He's not going anywhere.

You are trying too hard. Nigerians have gone past this yeye talk of 'he is a criminal, he is a criminal'. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Afamed: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2018
truthfulparrot:
Mark my words. ATIKU will soon be given US visa and invited by US government to US for negotiation briefing before the end of this year.
The international community and ECOWAS are tired of PMB
Usual upper Iweka news

1 Like

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Jokerman(m): 6:23am On Oct 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

That's the story the corrupt people love to say.

Corruption is a malaise, a disease that causes all the strife a nation goes through.

As regards Yusuf Buhari's bike, I challenge you to provide the specification of the bike.

Heck, I'll go one better and tell us the colour of the bike.

You see, until you provide facts and not conjecture, honest, intelligent people would tell you to your face that you are lying.

Provide facts or you are simply a supporter of corruption.

We are not voting along corruption line since Buhari himself is a thief.... We are looking at other factors this election to come before we vote....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 08, 2018
A Nigerian politician that has 70 - 80% of his wealth and businesses in Nigeria still believes in the system..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 08, 2018
Where are those BMC crew members in their bandwagon of propaganda and deceits all yapping like trained parrots? Dem go avoid this thread now oh... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2)

Breaking: APC Is About To Kill Atiku Abubakar (photo Attached) / Man Travels From Port Harcourt To Lagos Hoping To Vote Buhari, But This Happened / Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.