Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? (6473 Views)

your honest advice to This Young Family / I Need Candid And Honest Opinion / Please Assist With Your Honest Experience!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by baslone: 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
Take a name from the bible!!

Why not Iscariot
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by DisGuy: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kgdavid:

why would you want to give an african child a european surname for a first name??

The bloody irony, see nigerian saying someone else is giving his child European

Donald Duke nah Calabar abi African name?
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Iyineda(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2010
Zizou. Call him/her/it Zizou. cool
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by sonydecent(m): 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
You can name him Sani Lulu grin grin grin who cares
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by amefi(m): 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
WHY NOT TRY GOODLUCK JONATHAN?
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by chidichris(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2010
@poster,
what are the names of ur previous sons?
i hope, henry, puyol, iniester, xavi etc are all represented in ur family hence the need for fabregas?
well, if u want my candid advise, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
taribo west is not a bad name.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by jaybee3(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2010
why not simplify things and name him "The YAK"
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Igwe9(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2010
I'm afraid other children might translate it to mean "Fab don gas". sad you know what i mean . . . . . . . ?
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by VPersie: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2010
Why the Bleep is this on the front page?
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by dobodobo(m): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2010
Naming your son fabgregas can't make a change or difference because a" worm could be long as a snake but can never be poisonous as snake"
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by blacksta(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
Fabregas ko Fa gbe ni - bloody colo mentality.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by KoikiM: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2010
I want to name my next child "Fabregas"! Please, what's your honest opinion?

A Stan in the house!!!
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by kingrhirhs(m): 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
What about Fabrefuel,  Febrekerosine or Febrebomb.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by bawomolo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
Dis Guy:

what's more hilarious is people saying matthew and mark are better names.  I guess giving your child an english name is much better than giving it a spanish name.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by boombell: 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
You are entitle to ur opinion and decision,i named mine TERRY over 3years ago.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by shevalync: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2010
What is in a name?
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by anitabest(f): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2010
Good for you, not only Fabregas (jagregas). grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Jencejyde(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
Do whatever you like. Its a free world
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Kgdavid(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
abhosts:

It is not his Surname. His full name is Francesc Fabregas i Soler.

its his surname, in spanish culture a child bears his first name then his paternal surname and then his maternal surname so the fabregas is his paternal surname and hence his real surname.

Dis Guy:

its okay to give your child a european name but the point is not to misapply the name. the part of the problem african faces today is that we try to emulate the west but we do so incorrectly. you wont find a spanish child called fabregas something, his name will be something fabregas, geddit? u wanna honour fabregas than use his first name fransesc for your child or change your own surname to Fabregas. dont forget that this is a child that has feelings and is not merely an extension of your possessions that you may carry out your every whim with. your child will have to live with the baggage of whatever name you give him for at least 18 years(this probably will include merciless mockery from peers), be considerate, what if the child grows up to hate arsenal and spanish football?
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by trusted(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2010
They said FARBREGAS means IFAGBERAGA, then what's bad in modernizing a local name? Go ahead man.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by BrOwnSuga3: 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2010
Francesc will be a better name
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Mohr(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
Why not yakubu ayegbeni or kaita
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by kashmo: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2010
bawomolo:

what's more hilarious is people saying matthew and mark are better names.  I guess giving your child an english name is much better than giving it a spanish name.
Dis Guy:

Those two quotes are the only sensible thing from this thread!
Bloody buffoons come here to type rubbish cause you are privileged to have internet at your disposal. Imagine, when most of you go around bearing dumb names just to feel funky & westernized. Poster, fire on cos it's your choice to name ya child what you deem fit for him/her.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by no1madman(m): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2010
What about fabulous ?
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by johndavid1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
how about OLIVER D'COQUE grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by tkb417(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2010
Fab kini?

hehehehe

your next child will be what?

kaka? grin grin

u dey crase
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by TMemos: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2010
Hope you already have a defence of the name in the event that your child (born or unborn) asks for the reason behind your choice.
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Tuyis: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2010
Did you mean: Fiberglass cool
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
na your child now, and you free to name him or her whatever you want, as long as it is kool with your partner
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by jokingmary(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2010
Tuyis:

Did you mean: Fiberglass cool

Or brother Fabre is gassing cool
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2010
wahala dey
Re: I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? by seunmsg(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
Men i cant just stop laughing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snow Sea Freezer Vs Hiscence / Help...i Am Finished!the Devil Has Ruined Me. / Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.