Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:15 AM

Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (57858 Views)

Can Virtual Private Network (VPN) Provider Increase Your Internet Service Speed? / Yahclick Internet Service / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by atams(m): 9:15am On Jun 19, 2007
Pls does any one kno how possible it is to connect an air card to a desk top.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by atams(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2007
pls i want to kno if i'v got a personal prob of not been able to connect my webcam to a stacomms dial up connection. Or is this a general problem. STARCOMMS SERVICE USERS PLS COMPLY.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by atams(m): 9:25am On Jun 19, 2007
GENERAL NOTICE:

STARCOMMS INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IS THE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF. it's high time the regulatory body for these service providers step into action.

Enof of d scam.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2007
Multilinks
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by ralphorb(m): 3:29am On Jun 24, 2007
@Guys, if your connection is showing 115.2Kbps for Multilinks Dial-Up or any other Dial-up connections, that does not mean your internet speed is the number of speed showing on your computer, the number of speed showing is the capacity of speed the modem of the dial-up can go with, that it can not contain speed configuration than that speed. The normal speed our dial-up is running in Nigeria is below 24.5 Kbps which is Legal FRAUD!!!
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Ladapo(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2007
I still want to call our attention to a provider somewhere in VGC, they are quiet okay. itclick networx, I have a friend who has been using them for a while now,for the pupose of this dicussion, I asked him to help send their price list and giving below was what he sent:

Price List -Home Accounts
                             ITCLICK PPU (CLU 15) ITCLICK BRONZE (CBU 30)  ITCLICK SILVER (CSU 30) ITCLICK GOLD (CGU 30) ITCLICK
Speed of download connection(kbps)* 64          128                      192                                256              384

No. of computers/Hosts allowed 1            1                                        3                                  3                3

Equipment Cost(One-of)           46,000.00            72,000.00               72,000.00                               72,000.00        72,000.00

Equipment Type                               2G (CPE)           5G (CPE)                5G (CPE)                               5G (CPE)        5G (CPE)

Set up and activation (one off)               23,000.00           23,000.00                23,000.00               23,000.00         23,000.00

Recurring Charge                     5,000.00           16,500.00                30,610.00               45,000.00        60,000.00

Duration                                                15 days            1 month                1 month                               1 month         1 month

Download Limits                                250MB            Unlimited                Unlimited                       Unlimited         Unlimited  

Time Slot                                                24HRS             24hrs                24hrs                                24hrs            24hrs

I have been to my friend's office several time and they have always commended this service provider,infact, I am looking at getting the management of my company to change our current provider which has not only been messing up but has been a source of headache to our business development.

I think you should also chek them out, I was given their website as : www.itclick.net
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 4:07am On Jul 01, 2007
U dey Ikota
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Mustay(m): 12:30am On Jul 03, 2007
Ladapo:

I still want to call our attention to a provider somewhere in VGC, they are quiet okay. itclick networx, I have a friend who has been using them for a while now,for the pupose of this dicussion, I asked him to help send their price list and giving below was what he sent:

Price List -Home Accounts
ITCLICK PPU (CLU 15) ITCLICK BRONZE (CBU 30) ITCLICK SILVER (CSU 30) ITCLICK GOLD (CGU 30) ITCLICK
Speed of download connection(kbps)* 64 128 192 256 384

No. of computers/Hosts allowed 1 1 3 3 3

Equipment Cost(One-of) 46,000.00 72,000.00 72,000.00 72,000.00 72,000.00

Equipment Type 2G (CPE) 5G (CPE) 5G (CPE) 5G (CPE) 5G (CPE)

Set up and activation (one off) 23,000.00 23,000.00 23,000.00 23,000.00 23,000.00

Recurring Charge 5,000.00 16,500.00 30,610.00 45,000.00 60,000.00

Duration 15 days 1 month 1 month 1 month 1 month

Download Limits 250MB Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

Time Slot 24HRS 24hrs 24hrs 24hrs 24hrs

I have been to my friend's office several time and they have always commended this service provider,infact, I am looking at getting the management of my company to change our current provider which has not only been messing up but has been a source of headache to our business development.

I think you should also chek them out, I was given their website as : www.itclick.net

uhn just 4 a month
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by walter247: 6:13am On Sep 22, 2007
pls i need the procedure for connecting my phone(nokia 6230) to my computer and browing with celtel interenet plllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by RichDad1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2007
For those of you thinking about Multilinks i advise to think twice.I have been using multilinks for 2 months now and i am regretting using it.(Honestly)It is EXTREMELY slow .I dont know why it is this why though i have other people using it and they told me it's fast,but i do you think the signal strength might be a reason for thispresently i am having one or two bar on my phone>the highest is 3 bars.Please i will like to know if there is something wrong somewhere and i think my systems is okay.P4 2.4GHTZ with 512 RAM.also if there is any one interested in buying the phone let me know.It's very neat and i am giving it out at a give-away price and count my losses.I am think about Retel.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by montelik(m): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2007
after d frustration of using starcomms 230.4k huawei wireless modem.at 10k for 24hrs i switched to reltel.to anyone who cannot afford the more expensive wireless solutions.use reltel.of all the dial-up isp's they are the fastest.my brother who has used both starcomms and multilinks testifies to it. i'm currently using reltel surflink thru their evdo card 230.4kbps.at 10k for 24hrs and i can say it is the best relative to my pocket.but i advice most of u to check where u live in relation to most these isp's. not only do they lie about connection speeds.they also expand their coverage area to include areas where they have no signal or it is weak.i live in isolo
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by shanda(m): 2:31am On Sep 29, 2007
Go for MTN. They are the best at the moment. Setup cost is 33k which include, the cost of usb modem, first month subscription and sim card. The modem is very very portable.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by RichDad1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2007
@Shanda,
Please how much is the subscription per month??bytheway can i use my current sim for it?
@the Gurus,
Please i heard that landline (I mean the phone box)is faster than mobile CDMA when it comes to internet browsing,how true is this
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Crazie411: 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
Hi,
Please is there anyone out there willing to sell his/her Starcomms Anydata ADU-E100 Modem?
The Blue box!!!

Please call me on 08080556928, lets discuss.
Thanks a bunch.
Leke.

Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Mustay(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2007
shanda:

Go for MTN. They are the best at the moment. Setup cost is 33k which include, the cost of usb modem, first month subscription and sim card. The modem is very very portable.

this just goes to prove ma point that MTN is wack!

35k shocked

wdh! na mast them wan set 4 ya house?

@ last post, who go sell 4 u cool

na just 10k na
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by sabmack(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2007
As a Customer Support/Network Engineer in Computer maintenance and with my experience over the years, you will find out that many people who complain of slow speed always have their system infected with spywares or viruses which makes browsing very slow. I am not exonorating the ISPs. Only few of them like Multilinks and Cobranet can be trusted for speed and at a cheaper cost.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by qutebloke1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2007

please i want to kno if i'v got a personal prob of not been able to connect my webcam to a stacomms dial up connection. Or is this a general problem. STARCOMMS SERVICE USERS PLS COMPLY

@atams
the problem u're having is probably a software /hardware config problem, cos i use my webcam with my starcomms dial up connection, and it works well. so its not the connection.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by holyghost(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hi people,

we have a Christmas 2007 promo going on
if you subscribe for our broadband internet within Lagos we give you equipment worth of 65,000 for free
so those of you who are having problem with the cost of equipment are now set free (hallelujah somebody)
so all you do is pay for monthly charge of =N=12,600 to =N= 14,000 payment plan

Contact me for quick setup and other details

080 55 123 123 and 080 34 73 23 23
by e-mail: Samholyghost@gmail.com

Office: 3/7 KAKAWA By 1ST BANK HEAD OFFICE MARINA STREET LAGOS
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by qutebloke1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2007
HI THERE,

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A BROADBAND ISP WITH A LINE OF SIGHT AROUND OKOKO AND IJANIKIN AREA?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by anusule(m): 1:02am On Nov 29, 2007
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by anusule(m): 1:04am On Nov 29, 2007
sorry, wrong thread. undecided
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by holyghost(m): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
well we get to okoko but am not too sure of IJANIKIN AREA may be you give a direct address or nearest bus stop for me to investigate
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by krisbobo(m): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2007
@ All

PLs HELP with Info:

My Aunt in IFE needs 24rs internet. Starcomms and Reltel are not available and she lives within the OAU campus. Pls what bradband can she apply for?

Will MTN internet connection work in IFE? If not what are her options?

Pls info needed asap.thanks.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by qutebloke1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2007
well we get to okoko but am not too sure of IJANIKIN AREA may be you give a direct address or nearest bus stop for me to investigate

@holyghost
Well my bus stop is Iyana-Isashi just between okoko and ijanikin. any help will be much appreciated
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by holyghost(m): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2007
we can only hook you to our network by V-sat
for now at the cost of 250,000K equipment cost
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by qutebloke1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2007
aint got that much, just need it for home use. actually looking for a wi-max connection and not v-sat. thanx for your help anyway
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by holyghost(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2007
Sorry Dude

go for starcomms i think it works there(not sure ask around)
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by MrInfo1(m): 3:19am On Dec 22, 2007
dude try multilinks, it the cheapest (with 200 naira ) you can stuff the internet for 24hrs by just recharging your multilinks phone with thier 200 naira card wink am on it
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by MrInfo1(m): 7:44am On Dec 23, 2007
infinity08:

if u are using a reltel connection to browse, or u want to go for it.
i can help u out by connecting you to the network so u wont be paying the monthly subscription again. its the same speed, its just that u are not paying for the connection. u pay a one time payment and thats all u need to do to browse for the next 10 years if Jesus tarries. its for existing users and new subscribers. There is no doubt to it, its real. But where there is doubt, we can run a prior test for u, once u see, its working, then u give the #$. Just call now any of the numbers. i am waiting for your call. Happy surfing. 07032117108, 08051972999.
Can you config my EVDO ?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 2:45am On Dec 24, 2007
qute_bloke:

HI THERE,

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A BROADBAND ISP WITH A LINE OF SIGHT AROUND OKOKO AND IJANIKIN AREA?
Hw abt UNWIRED by Direct on PC? check the site n click on d coverage link 2 c if ur area is within range
I wud have added a map showing their coverage area but d attachment is larger dan 200KB
, cheers wink wink wink
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by kaylala(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2007
I use starcomms EVDO,it serves me.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by tomX1(m): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2007
For a simple home package, MULTILINKS gives the best package in terms of cost/performance and this is why:
With a 3G Nokia modem from Multilinks + Connection Cable =#9,000.00K you can subscribe for the 24hrs package and this is what you get:-
230.4kbps for free!!
I don't know if its a bug in their billing plan or not but When you load even a #200 recharge card you can get to browse round the clock (on the 24hr plan) and you can still use up al your credits to make phone calls (since the deductions only occur by Midnight and if you have nothing in your phone by then then they have nothing to deduct).
The fact that you only need to load credit on days you need to browse also makes it realy cost efficient since you don't have to shell out #10k in bulk per month. Just load #200 and browse for a day [don't forget to make some calls with the credit smiley]. This is way better than the so called pay-as-you-go being offered by StarComs at #300 per hour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera / Mtn Bis Working Unlimited On Pc's And Android / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.