Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:18 AM

Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (57855 Views)

Can Virtual Private Network (VPN) Provider Increase Your Internet Service Speed? / Yahclick Internet Service / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 12:15am On Feb 24, 2009
I use my Tmobile SIm in NIgeria, it roams to MTN and Glo which ever is strongest arround me,its faster than any know network in Nigeria, men the Chinko and the Japs are best when it comes to chipping, but the pakis and Idians try sha, (ja just patronise them
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2009
erico2k2:

I use my Tmobile SIm in NIgeria, it roams to MTN and Glo which ever is strongest arround me,its faster than any know network in Nigeria, men the Chinko and the Japs are best when it comes to chipping, but the pakis and Idians try sha, (ja just patronise them
do u browse free wen ur tmobile sim in naija wile roamin on mtrn & glo?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 1:19am On Feb 24, 2009
Nop, it cost a Max of £1 a day, sometimes I use less, so approx N100 a day cheesy
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by seyewest(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2009
I'm in Ibadan and I know they have Multilinks and Starcomms,I'm currently using Starcomms 24hrs Internet services which is 10k a month I will give it 40/100 because I manage to get 15kbps out of it using accelerator, Evdo is not yet in Ibadan. My questions is since we launched Nig Sat2 before it break down in space what is the satellite purpose and the fibre-optic framework been lay all over the country?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by bily(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2009
@ erico2k2,

thanx for d info, sounds interesting though i dont live in d uk or usa, but if its how u say it is one can easily get d tmobile sim. infact the sim is even free, lol. i went to their site to find out more details, n i want to beliv u r referring to their web n walk package dat costs 1pounds per day? but i also gathered that roaming charges will also apply if u r using it outside the uk n dat costs about 1.5pounds/MB and culd b upto 7.5pounds/Mb for african countries

so how do your bypass the roaming charges??

also i saw on their site u are not allowed to connect your phone to a laptop if u r using d web n walk package, is dat true?

pls furnish me with more info, abeg. im tired of all these nigerian isps jare
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by cuzko: 10:32pm On May 21, 2009
grin i hail Nigeria o we should change our logo to that of the snapping turtle, we are just too slow on everything and we don't even know it,
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by bsatTech(m): 9:37pm On May 24, 2009
The New 3G(Broadband)Internet product from Multilinks Telcom.

FEATURES:
1. Mobile Broadband Service provisioning High Speed Internet Access for a wide range of Application and Customers,ranging from professionals,mobile executives to students.

2. Always on access providing speeds comparable to DSL(Available wherever there is EVDO coverage)

3. Backward compatible to 1x

4. You get the fastest,fully mobile wireless data solution available.

5. Quicly download complex files,load web pages andview attachment at typical speeds 5 times faster than before.

6. Powered on EVDO Rev A. Technology.

7. Plug and Play Business functions, games and internet access anywhere.

8. Offers peak broadband download speeds up to 3.1 Mbps.

To get access to this product please contact:

BSAT TECHNOLOGIES,
Tel: 08062215116,08028419585
E-mail: bsattechnologies@gmail.com

NOTE: HOME AND OFFICE DELIEVERY AVAILABLE.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lastpage: 1:28am On May 25, 2009
The New 3G(Broadband)Internet product from Multilinks Telcom.

FEATURES:
1. Mobile Broadband Service provisioning High Speed Internet Access for a wide range of Application and Customers,ranging from professionals,mobile executives to students.

2. Always on access providing speeds comparable to DSL(Available wherever there is EVDO coverage)

3. Backward compatible to 1x

4. You get the fastest,fully mobile wireless data solution available.

5. Quicly download complex files,load web pages andview attachment at typical speeds 5 times faster than before.

6. Powered on EVDO Rev A. Technology.

7. Plug and Play Business functions, games and internet access anywhere.

8. Offers peak broadband download speeds up to 3.1 Mbps.

All the above are just lies and deceit
. End of story
Except for a few people here , most of my people just trump-up some "technical data" that they themselves dont even understand!

I believe Nairaland is meant for "sharing and education" but what you read mostly are borne out of pure ignorance (that one is even blissful!), and crass greed!
Stop comparing Oranges with Grapes, they just look alike but are very different.

Let me say here, and boldly too, until Nigerian houses get equipped with the "Plain Old Telephone System (POTS), like we use in those days of "NITEL Landlines" (with all those useless wires hanging over the pole grin though, those wires should have been buried underground anyway)
, we will never enjoy anything close to broadband Internet.
How can you call some lousy 50Kb/s (KILO BITs!) broadband internet? What kind of stupidity is that?

Ask our friends from U.K and U.S or anywhere in Europe where they have broadband?
Its a minimum of 1MB/s (1MEGA BYTE => 8bits = 1BYTE, 1024BYTES = 1 KILO-BYTE, 1024 KB = 1 MEGABYTE)

So, we are saying minimum/cheapest B/band is 8,192 KILO-bits/second (i.e 8X1024), now compare that to our "VERY FAST" 50KB/s!

If you look at British Telecoms (B.T) and other landline providers elsewhere, we are talking of 7 MEGABYTES PLUS internet Broadband!
, and ask them again, no one can or will ever achieve those speeds without 'POTS' LANDLINE. (Q.E.D)

Instead of Nigerians putting more pressure on our Rulers, our NCC figure-heads at Abuja, to ensure that we revive the very efficient Landline (using a combination of Optic Fiber and copper cables, like Globalcom was doing) we are all here trying to justify the rubbish they are serving us!

Wake-up ma people, Ghanaians were once refugees here before we drove them away, now they have all this "rocket-science", like stable power and B/band internet. Stop yapping about how u can "send-Email, Browse or even chat" on that snail-internet that you use your whole salary to service every month cry . Someone up here told about how he cant open E-mail for hours! I tried updating my Anti-Virus for weeks, imagine?

Broadband is for "heavy-data delivery" like VoIP, Video calls, CCTV Remote Monitoring e.t.c,

No wonder unemployment is very high: No NEPA, No Broadband, No Telephone lines (GSM is meant for "mobile or emergency calls only so, dont start puffing! tongue), go figure-out the rest bro, am out of here angry
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Remii(m): 1:40am On May 25, 2009
@lastpage: I agree with you the ISPs in Nigeria are just rip offs, take Starcomms for instance, it takes forever to download a 10min clip on you tube, Most of them are practically non existent out side Lagos. Its frustrating when one has used better systems outside Nigeria and get to Nigeria you would think you have gone back 100 years in civilization. All that government agent could do is make sweet and empty promisory statements. NITEL that is supposed to be cheap and affordale could not be made to run, always claiming sabotage its facilities by vandals sponsored the GSM companies.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:59pm On May 25, 2009
bily:

@ erico2k2,

thanx for d info, sounds interesting though i dont live in d uk or usa, but if its how u say it is one can easily get d tmobile sim. infact the sim is even free, lol. i went to their site to find out more details, n i want to beliv u r referring to their web n walk package dat costs 1pounds per day? but i also gathered that roaming charges will also apply if u r using it outside the uk n dat costs about 1.5pounds/MB and culd b upto 7.5pounds/Mb for african countries

so how do your bypass the roaming charges??

also i saw on their site u are not allowed to connect your phone to a laptop if u r using d web n walk package, is dat true?

pls furnish me with more info, abeg. im tired of all these nigerian isps jare
yep, all I have said is true, all those stuff they are saying on thier website got bypass dunno how though,even better if you text WEB to 441 you get 5 day pass for £2.50,for some strange reason, my IP says London and so is my Location even though Im roamed fru MTN,roaming charges are not applying I dont know why,it only applies when you make or recieve cals plus text too but its free to recieve text,and yes its packet data plan which is web n walk, its connected to my mobile dunno why is saying that on thier website though
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by swift1: 9:57am On May 27, 2009
erico2k2:

yep, all I have said is true, all those stuff they are saying on thier website got bypass dunno how though,even better if you text WEB to 441 you get 5 day pass for £2.50,for some strange reason, my IP says London and so is my Location even though Im roamed fru MTN,roaming charges are not applying I dont know why,it only applies when you make or recieve cals plus text too but its free to recieve text,and yes its packet data plan which is web n walk, its connected to my mobile dunno why is saying that on thier website though

@ erico2k2,
I agree that ISPs abroad are well and truly much more reliable; for a naija resident, a few questions though (please note that I intend to use this in Nigeria):

How can I get a similar plan from the US?
Must I get a T-mobile phone, or can I just get the sim? How?
what are your typical speeds?

Anything I need to know per activation?

If this is as you say I think its worth a try.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On May 27, 2009
swift1:

@ erico2k2,
I agree that ISPs abroad are well and truly much more reliable; for a naija resident, a few questions though (please note that I intend to use this in Nigeria):

How can I get a similar plan from the US?
Must I get a T-mobile phone, or can I just get the sim? How?
what are your typical speeds?

Anything I need to know per activation?

If this is as you say I think its worth a try.
wel, I dunno bout any other networks,but I know only bout Tmobile cos thats what I have had the xpirience with, you will neeed aa GPRS/3G activated phone, make sure you get the setting in the US before you come to 9ja, ie you are able to brows with ur web n walk in the US on the mobile you intend to use and its GSM based, thats all you need to do, Im in Nigeria at the moment and this is what Im using in replying to this post, its not mega fast as you would get over there but I managed to use it to update my windows Xp laptop in full, so its still Ok download speed is something like 5MB takes between 20-25 mins depending on traffic, but I gues while you are in 9ja you are not gonna even get the titme to do film and music download, you will be too busy with the girls and guys having a beer lol anyway, anything else holla. grin
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by jdizzy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2009
Any recommendations for someone trying to set up home internet in Port-Harcourt?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by k9(m): 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
For the non-tech person, or perhaps anyone else, the true test of a broadband connection is if it carry voice AND s treaming video with very limited/minimal buffering. This IS the true test of a highspeed connection. Some can carry Voice relatively well, and video with some degree of streaming, and this can be acceptable.

Nuff said.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by init4dmoni(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ p1 ur right
go to www.myspeed.visualware.com/
they'll tell you ur quality of service
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by louchi: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2009
naija should fix the power supply first, then other things will follow. If nigerians only knew how backwards this energy issue is taking them. In the U.S its wi fi, you dont have to pay for average delivery which is still way faster than what nigerians are paying for.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lordimpaq(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2009
wrong, its infrastructure that is the problem,

internet in togo, benin republic, ivory coast, cameroon and senegal are a lot faster and cheaper than naija, why, infrastructure, copper network
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by beckirriam: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2009
You need an ICT partner
that is not only in tune with time
but moves with the pace.
You need KKONTECH.
call 01-9503999
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Bwhite1(m): 4:27am On Jan 03, 2010
Pls. i want to know the resent fastest and most cheap ISP to use in Lagos.
NB: Is their any good free internet service?. Thanks
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lostspace: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2010
Hi,

I am also interested in a one-by-one comparison of "broadband" ISP in Lagos.

So, Speed, Package, Price/Month, Experience

Does anyone have this, or close to this? It will help us all

thanks
Hank
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by salihuali1(m): 9:37am On Jan 11, 2010
Hello
Hank, methinks it depends on your location. I'd recommend Cobranet's U-GO (beware it has data caps), or Swift Broadband (in-law uses it, and its been quite reliable). issue is don't think both these guys have any backup link apart from their primary SAT-3 link and SAT-3 does go down from time to time. my 2 cents
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Bwhite1(m): 12:15am On Jan 14, 2010
I am using mtn 3g enable sim with nokia 2700 through nokia pc suite, its browsing but damn slow with average downloading speed of 4-5kb/sec. pls how can i make it better,
or any better alternative?. Thanks
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by BabsO2(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
Starcomms iZAP is good. Etisalat not so good. MTN I haven't tried. I have been using iZAP for over a year and its been good. Tried Etisalat this year and it was poor. Just wasted my money. Very slow.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by foxychio(f): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
I just made N85k in 2 weeks online using my phone and my e-mail address alone.
I tested it and it worked for me and I decide to share with friends.
I don't need anything from you, just send a mail "N85k in 2 weeks" to foxychio4eva@yahoo.com
so I will be able to send you the package into your mail box.

Happy Xmas in advance,
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by techbabes: 9:28am On Dec 19, 2011
Hi All

I want to start a WiFi browsing service in Nigeria early next year.

Browsing internet from your mobile while you are out and about is usually very slow and often expensive.
With WiFi you are able to get speeds up to four times faster than 4G which means your downloads will be much faster. it is also much cheaper to deploy than the present alternatives meaning the cost savings can be passed on to you guys more easily.

I want to learn from mistakes of the existing ISPs and mobile operators and listen to what people really want (whether its price, speed, improved customer service, simple to understand plans etc).

To this end, I would be really grateful if you could fill in this survey about your main frustrations with the state of internet services in this country.

Thanks for any comments or constructive criticism you may have x

Here is the short survey:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFlqaDdmVmJJYVJkMU82MFpDMmszb0E6MQ#gid=0
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by gmcbiz1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
Do you need an affordable high-speed internet connection for your computers?
Are you tired of paying exorbitantly for internet access?

Your one stop solution is here

This is the latest gig in town now, i and many other Nigerians have been using this service since last year and it still rocks with high speed till tomorrow.
its a proxy software called H.H.T w.e.b t.u.n.nel, this software works on etisalat sim.
Once this software is installed and properly configured on your computer you can use it to browse at an amazing speed.
Just choose from any of the subscription plans that you wish and you will be given access to browse the net at an incredible broadband speed like you have never experienced before!!!

No hassles! No Downtimes!

Unlimited Downloads!

Download speed up to 250kbps!

Affordable subscription plans!

****Available subscription plans are as follows*****

* 8GB DATA - N1,000 monthly

* 18GB DATA - N1,500 monthly

* Unlimited plan - N2,500 monthly

Experience the amazing speed of the H.H.T w.e.b T.u.nnel.

NB; You need an internet modem first to use this network service .

Installation fee; N3,500 (Bonus of . f.r.e.e. 8GB monthly data for trial)

Seeing is believing, one on one installation available anywhere within lagos, which means if it doesn't work then don't pay, simple as that!

For further details call; 080-333-283-64
email; greatmindsng@gmail.com

Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Solozzo(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2012
How about internet services in smaller cities like Benin city, warri, asaba caliber, Enugu, port harcourt, etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera / Mtn Bis Working Unlimited On Pc's And Android / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.