Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (57859 Views)

Can Virtual Private Network (VPN) Provider Increase Your Internet Service Speed? / Yahclick Internet Service / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by topeteadr(m): 11:26pm On Dec 25, 2007
I actually think multilinks is the best.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Cotton(m): 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2007
Direct On Pc

Broadband. Modem = 26k
3 months access = 29k

Simple to set up and quite fast. The difference between dial up and broadband is very clear. tongue
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 12:17am On Dec 26, 2007
Cotton:

Direct On Pc

Broadband. Modem = 26k
3 months access = 29k

Simple to set up and quite fast. The difference between dial up and broadband is very clear. tongue
am using DOPC n its quite fast
wel am using d Sundown quaterly platform i.e 6pm - 8am weekdays & 24/7 from Fri 6pm - Mon 8am(Weekends)
Modem = 26.2k
3 months access = 21k
Cheers smiley
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by MrInfo1(m): 8:38am On Dec 26, 2007
@tomX:

For a simple home package, MULTILINKS gives the best package in terms of cost/performance and this is why:
With a 3G Nokia modem from Multilinks + Connection Cable =#9,000.00K you can subscribe for the 24hrs package and this is what you get:-
230.4kbps for free!!
I don't know if its a bug in their billing plan or not but When you load even a #200 recharge card you can get to browse round the clock (on the 24hr plan) and you can still use up al your credits to make phone calls (since the deductions only occur by Midnight and if you have nothing in your phone by then then they have nothing to deduct).
The fact that you only need to load credit on days you need to browse also makes it realy cost efficient since you don't have to shell out #10k in bulk per month. Just load #200 and browse for a day [don't forget to make some calls with the credit smiley]. This is way better than the so called pay-as-you-go being offered by StarComs at #300 per hour.

Ja won si
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by belwas(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2007
Fine,But i think you guys should see my post on "GET CONNECTED TO THE POWER OF INTERNET FREE (GUARANTEED) Cheeeeeers shocked
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by memento: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2007
I intend to sell my DOPC unwired for just N20k im relocating out of the coverage area. The speed is kool i.e broadband and it is reasonably priced. Holla me at ,
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2007
Does it cover Sango Ota?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by mayor4show(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2007
Seun:

Does it cover Sango Ota?

need to talk with you seun
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by dJOozz(m): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2008
[i] [left][/left][/i]from Flanders Belgium Europe i try to get connected with somebody from Benin city Nigeria with BROADBAND (for the speed ) to be able to sent video chats via msn and /or skype,i wan to do this for a nice Nigerian girl living in Antwerp Flanders who is very dear to me.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by sundayfanz(m): 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
To learn more About Internet Connect Visit http://www.c-manual.com/internet.html and go through our newly published articles about internet an internet connection
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by soki2ng(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2008
All these Things you guys are saying here is BIG BIG ENGLISH, i assume you are all workers, that is why you can afford to pay 75 whooping thousands and 4k every month. I'm a student who can't even pay his school fees of 18k, and manage throught the session by running from my landlord, anyways thats not the issue/,

I'm talkin about making it FREE!!! yes, i'm crazy right? i dont mean to compare Nigeria with the developed countries like you all are doing but i have to since we are following there foot steps.

google offers free Broadband to US citizens, BEAT that!!! NETzero also does a free trial, In the UK, dial up is free!!!
schools and other institutions offer it free too.
here in Uniport, students get an hour free. imagine the nonsense, an hour (dont mean to sound ungrateful)
, ALso at Niger Delta University, Bayelsa state, the so called "thief" i mean there former Gov. Alams, made it free, students walk around with laptops within the school premisses where broadbrand is been broadcasted like gsm signal, nough said,
ALL say FREE INTERNET!!! lol
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by soki2ng(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2008
who said something about free internet guaranteed, where's the post?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by bomsilaga(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2008
please stop crucifying the poster, i have honestly achieved upto 300kbps on my starcomms
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by DoubleN(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2008
Whats the average speed with DONPC?
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
Double N:

Whats the average speed with DONPC?
it's usually 25kps, but sometimes its 50kps undecided
but generally it's ok for home use
cheers
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by saniyusuf(m): 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2008
Starcomms Is Da Best
This Beelow Is Ma speed Resul.

Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by pawn89(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2008
while not try to get a software on your pc that will enable you browse for free for as long as possible, its better than starcomms and multilinks in speed and download rate that what i use. if any one is interested mail me esandapo@yahoo.co.uk or call/text me on 08034849080 or 07078560493 wink wink
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by saniyusuf(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2008
See , U nigerians.
Why Dont U Share It With Others Instead U Want Money For it.
Ur A A Freak Pls
No One in This forum Should Contact uSer-=== PAWN89

He
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by saniyusuf(m): 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
See , U nigerians.
Why Dont U Share It With Others Instead U Want Money For it.
Ur A A Freak Pls
No One in This forum Should Contact uSer-=== PAWN89

He is a Snitch.

Ill Give u guyz A link That U can Download A Similar Prog That Works  wit WIFI SOOn.

SHArING IS CARING
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by tsaboin: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
Starcomms just makes mouth about their subscriber base etc. The lack everything when it comes to customer support and satisfaction. If you want to activate internet, it'll take min of 4 working days after payment (because they have maybe 2 guys to activate over 5,000 requests per day, so until in reaches your turn, wait for it, sucks). God save you, your device has fault, minimum of 14 working days is the number of days you have to wait.

Where is the culture of customer service. Can't they be better. Plus their connection is really really bad.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by olystic: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2008
who wants to sell his multilinks browsing phone please contact me on 08028014351 or olystic4real@yahoo.com
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by beejay247: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2009
i think mtn is the best for now,
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2009
omolawalbi:

I use IPNX and its the best i have ever seen
wats ur highest speed so far?(wit scrnshts ofcourse wink)
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by flyuche(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2009
@lynx. Forget. We know get any best internet provider in 9ja. All of them de give crappy service and expensive too. Useless NCC.
You need to experience smooth internet service in other countries. We de suffer my brother.
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by blackweaver(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2009
yeah i thot of using mtn but those guys can be tricky with their fair usage policy thingy
now am thinking of using starcomms evdo
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by obidia(f): 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2009
Can anyone in the house tell me the charges of multilinks on internet service.Monthly
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 2:57am On Feb 21, 2009
hey guys why are you still paying when there is free browsing everywhere grin
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2009
erico2k2:

hey guys why are you still paying when there is illegal browsing everywhere grin
illegal browsing 4 UK??
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2009
lynxnoon:

illegal browsing 4 UK??
lol I meant in Nigeria but there is Illegal browsing in UK, infact it started here with NTL now Virgin MEdia, people clone IP and chip Moderms,guys toomuch here for UK shocked
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2009
erico2k2:

lol I meant in Nigeria but there is Illegal browsing in UK, infact it started here with NTL now Virgin MEdia, people clone IP and chip Moderms,guys toomuch here for UK shocked
Am sure na naija guys dey d forefront of dis stuff ova dere grin grin
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2009
lynxnoon:

Am sure na naija guys dey d forefront of dis stuff ova dere grin grin

Nah, Indian and Bangladeshi boys are whizz when it comes to stuff like that
Naija boys sef dey joint put sha
! grin
Re: Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? by Treetop20(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2009
i remember using one of the
my family members home internet in Nigeria
and that was so slow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera / Mtn Bis Working Unlimited On Pc's And Android / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.