Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (12669 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
LordReed:

Yes its a stupid and illogical because god says "hey satan, seen my servant job?" Satan replies "yeah I've seen him but I bet you if you did shit to him he'll not be your servant" and god says "yeah go ahead and do shit to him".

What stupid god who knows all things needs to acquiesce to an inferior creation to find out what he already knows? Why did he need to even mention Job to satan if not to show off? Why would he need to see Job debased to prove his loyalty? A transcendent god can't think of a better way to express his servant's loyalty than to see him debased? And what lesson did satan take from this, accuse the brethren some more because god will grant satan's wishes? What a stupid tale.
God doesn't have to be stupid to decide to accommodate Satan. He could also be generous.

He didn't need to at all. He did it because there is a war between God and Satan and Job was one of God's soldiers and shining proof of God's Truth.

The inverse is your question to answer. You claimed that God was showing off. It's up to you to say why He would have been. Still, the Bible does not teach that He was. He has every right to do anything He pleases but He was offering Job to Satan as a refutation of his lies.

There is no way to prove man's possession of a free will other than the tests that we all face. If you know of one, please share it.

Does the Bible teach that Satan took a lesson from it?

LordReed:
LoL. After you got me to look up a dictionary for the meaning of bet, you refuse to do the same for lie. You are a hypocrite on top of being disingenuous it seems. You made the accusations, you prove it.
No, I won't do your work for you anymore. Prove your claims or don't, it makes no difference to me.

LordReed:
LoL. What yeye qualifications are you on about? I went to bible school and speak in tongues so which yeye qualifications do you want again? And even ignoring that, if a transcendent being cannot write its own words then it may as well not exist. If it cannot communicate its ideas in a way the lowliest human can grasp then it is a stupid transcendent being, one that rubbishes the meaning of transcendent. If a transcendent being cannot provide unequivocal proof of its existence then it is a fraud.
1 Cor 2:14 NIV

[14] The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Nothing about going to Bible school or speaking in tongues there. The Bible can only be understood by those who have the Spirit of God. "I get am before" no be property.

While, of course, God's existence screams itself through all of material creation, every human being has a choice to accept it for a fact or reject it. No one will force you on that point. When death arrives at your door, you will not be needing further proof.

As for communicating, the Spirit is a free Gift that is absolutely available to anyone who believes. The poorest of peasants has as easy an access to that Gift as the greatest of kings. Faith is a free will faculty. Every human being possesses it. Not everyone bothers to exercise it to their benefit.

LordReed:
Go and look at the difference in meaning between anthropomorphism and personification maybe you'll understand better. Meanwhile is lying to evil according to your fairytale? Do liars go to heaven or hell? Who was the first rebel according to the fairytale?
If you have an argument, make it.

LordReed:
Please give me one real life example where a vassal in open rebellion is called to attend a King without consequence.
No. What I said is reasonable enough. When you begin defending claims you make, I will bother again about making arguments.

LordReed:
LoL. Angels are incapable of changing their minds but satan changed his from good to evil. See how stupid your story gets? Angels can't change their minds but they are learning from human history, how do you learn if you can't change your mind? Like how much more contradictory can you get?
Angels had the eons before man was made to make their own decisions. Once they made them, they were incapable of changing their minds.

LordReed:
God does not recognize satan as a vassal yet he summons him as a vassal? What stupidity do you keep spilling out?
Satan is not a legitimate Steward in God's Eyes because he lost that position after he rebelled. God made Man and made him (that is, the whole human race) the new Steward. But when Adam sinned, he perforce handed that position over to Satan. God did not therefore give it to Satan but Satan won it through subterfuge.

So, when he appears in heaven, he does so as one who oversees a station for someone God recognizes.

But God contested that claim of his from Adam's fall until now. God's new Steward is currently seated in God's Throne as the New Regent of all Creation but He has not begun to reign yet so Satan still has his limited right to show up on behalf of rebellious mankind. But the New King, Jesus Christ, sits and holds His Title on behalf of believing mankind.

I won't bother to ask if you understand. You can't afford to if you insist on remaining an atheist.

LordReed:
Again explain this other stupidity in the fairytale:

1 Kings 22
19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

20 And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him.

22 And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

So did god also summon this lying spirit? How did a lying spirit come to be in the midst of the host of heaven? God summoned him but happened to forget that he summoned a lying spirit? Your fairytale is just a bunch of stupid gibberish.
I am not sure why you don't see this as another one of those assemblies I talked about. When the angels assemble in heaven as the above passage clearly states, they do so because God calls them...all of them, rebellious and elect together. That is why there is a lying spirit there. That was why Satan was at the assembly where Job was the issue.

LordReed:
Yes I conjectured the sweet talk, still doesn't take anything away from the fact that the fairytale records god acquiescing to satan's words.
Okay, so I don't have to defend it. You made it up.

LordReed:
You are so disingenuous it has become ridiculous. Show me in Job where it says god summoned satan. You bring some scriptures which do not refer to satan, make it mean that god summons satan and you call me the liar. You are the liar, lying to defend a fake fairytale.

How does it even make sense to you that god summons the accuser of the brethren to heaven day and night just so he could keep accusing the brethren and getting permission to do evil stuff to them? And even if he is summoned, does a summons not mean an implicit permission? Keep quibbling with simple things, shows how willfully disingenuous you are.
So unless it is Job, it is not true. I thought the whole Bible is the issue. You want to break it up now?

Look, Satan was at the assembly in Job because God calls regular assemblies of all His Angels and they sit in council. That is the biblical position. While there, Satan is allowed to make arguments for his position for the sake of the elect angels to whom God is demonstrating His Absolute Wisdom, Love, Goodness and Power through human beings.

Of course, Satan will take advantage of that to try to hurt believers. But God will only use each move he tries to make against believers to bless the same believers if they stay faithful.

LordReed:
You showed nothing but an inability to understand English or maybe to deliberately be obtuse and a great aptitude for twisting stories to fit your illogical narratives. You are also willing to lie for your fairytale defence, shows just how depraved you've become.
Right. And the pronouncements continue. Not much to do beyond make claims and insist that things are this way or that, have you?
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

So, the definition of "perfection" is that which can never be damaged? Do you want a dictionary again here?
Yes, that's what perfection implies.

Again, it makes no sense that someone possessing foreknowledge should act with foresight?
Ya, he acted with foresight to achieve nothing. Sata n is still causing havoc, there is still pain and people are still going to hell. Why do u think the 13 years old is questioning Gods action?

The Bible did not say that the world would quit being messy before the full seven thousand years of human history had run its course. So, the world's still being messy is not proof that God is anything but perfect in planning.
Lol... How else can u lose? If a messy world is an example of how perfect ur God is.. Then again, I think u have a mental problem.

Telling you about anthropopathism which is a legitimate literary device is not the same as changing the meaning of the word "regret".
The regret used in the passage was very clear... Stop trying to give it ur own meaning.

Feel free to believe that. But believing it does not make it true. If you want to prove that it does, knock yourself out.
Ya, what's true is that a messy world shows how perfect ur God is... Perhaps if the world was not as messy as it is, it would have implied Gos is not perfect?
Lol

I have no reason to believe that the preparation did not go well.
What is good about the preparation? Oh I forgot.. The messy world we have now.

The fact that my six year old nephew asks me why I moved a bishop instead of a queen in a game of chess does not mean that I played wrong.
Nah... If u move a bishop instead of queen and win the game ur six years old nephew will learn. If u move a bishop instead of queen and lose or mess up the game, ur six years old will definitely ask u why u didn't move the queen.

Well, if that is your reason, then you should praise Him as well, since I also said that He prepared the Solution to all the problems that would come from creature possession of a free will and has actually already successfully deployed that Solution.
Praise him for what? For know how messy giving man free will will be and his preparation was for an equally messy world?

That's a lot of problems to have with English words, Frank. Incidentally, the word "man" describes both an individual and also the whole complement of the human race so that if some men in that complement make the wrong choice, it is not unreasonable to expect some other men to make the right one.
There he goes...if God knows I will make a wrong choice why will he expect me to make the right choice?

I take it that you finally agree. I've been saying it from the start of our conversation but you seemed to not really care.
Ok

Oh, I have said plenty times that He HAS FIXED and IS FIXING everything. You haven't been paying attention, it appears.
Lol... Someone who saw the end from the beginning and made preparation is still fixing things...
He is still running around fixing things... Foolish God.

Lots of parents allow their babies to "suffer the needle" to preserve them from dangerous diseases. I suppose by your logic, it means that they enjoy their babies' pain and cries?
What other choice does a parent have order than the needle... Is God choiceless?
Keep on parading ur God as an ordinary human.

There's that "intellectual laziness" we talked about.
Is an asumptive statement a statement of confidence?

More proof that you haven't been paying attention.
Mr. Teacher

No, thank you. I don't often tell those.
Then try listening to urself... U are full if shitfull fairy tales man

Asked and answered.
Sorry... Ur answer is a disgrace to ur God.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

God doesn't have to be stupid to decide to accommodate Satan. He could also be generous.

He didn't need to at all. He did it because there is a war between God and Satan and Job was one of God's soldiers and shining proof of God's Truth.

The inverse is your question to answer. You claimed that God was showing off. It's up to you to say why He would have been. Still, the Bible does not teach that He was. He has every right to do anything He pleases but He was offering Job to Satan as a refutation of his lies.

There is no way to prove man's possession of a free will other than the tests that we all face. If you know of one, please share it.

Does the Bible teach that Satan took a lesson from it?

OK so I guess it's settled then you understand English but you are just deliberately obtuse.

show off
— phrasal verb with show UK
US
verb showed, shown
B2 to behave in a way that is intended to attract attention or admiration,

Job 1
8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Calling attention to Job is not showing off? You obtuse fellow.

Yes, a transcendent being cannot think of a better way to show loyalty, what a fraud. Of course when such a transcendent being is a figment of the imaginations of men how can it be made to think beyond men?

No, I won't do your work for you anymore. Prove your claims or don't, it makes no difference to me.

Why would you when you can't prove your lies against me. You are a disingenuous liar. You made false allegations and when asked to prove your accusations you attempt to shift the burden of proof.

This is what you've become a false accuser all for the sake of defending a silly fairytale.

[14] The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Nothing about going to Bible school or speaking in tongues there. The Bible can only be understood by those who have the Spirit of God. "I get am before" no be property.

While, of course, God's existence screams itself through all of material creation, every human being has a choice to accept it for a fact or reject it. No one will force you on that point. When death arrives at your door, you will not be needing further proof.

As for communicating, the Spirit is a free Gift that is absolutely available to anyone who believes. The poorest of peasants has as easy an access to that Gift as the greatest of kings. Faith is a free will faculty. Every human being possesses it. Not everyone bothers to exercise it to their benefit.

LoL! There again, threats of death and all that jazz. When will you folk learn that death holds no threats? It is the natural course of this world and there is nothing beyond it. You cannot threaten me with what you imagine I will see after death cos you have nothing but your fairytales telling you nonsense.

Yes I went to bible school and graduated best in my class, had the gift of speaking in tongues and for the longest span of my life believed in the rubbish but because disingenuous people like you cannot believe anyone would willingly stop believing the foolish tales, you'd attempt to negate our history. I lived this thing for 28years so you can say any shit you want but the records are there. BTW thankfully there are people on Nairaland, who know me in real life, who are still Believers and can attest to what I am saying.

If you have an argument, make it.

I already made it, not my fault if you are so deliberately obtuse.

No. What I said is reasonable enough. When you begin defending claims you make, I will bother again about making arguments.

Again you make assertions you can not back in reality. That's your MO, talk with no grounding in reality. You are losing your grip man, little by little.

Angels had the eons before man was made to make their own decisions. Once they made them, they were incapable of changing their minds.

LoL! Disingenuousness once again. It's become your MO. Angels never change their mind until they do. So how do they learn from man if they've already made up their mind? Where did you even learn this from?

Satan is not a legitimate Steward in God's Eyes because he lost that position after he rebelled. God made Man and made him (that is, the whole human race) the new Steward. But when Adam sinned, he perforce handed that position over to Satan. God did not therefore give it to Satan but Satan won it through subterfuge.

So, when he appears in heaven, he does so as one who oversees a station for someone God recognizes.

But God contested that claim of his from Adam's fall until now. God's new Steward is currently seated in God's Throne as the New Regent of all Creation but He has not begun to reign yet so Satan still has his limited right to show up on behalf of rebellious mankind. But the New King, Jesus Christ, sits and holds His Title on behalf of believing mankind.

I won't bother to ask if you understand. You can't afford to if you insist on remaining an atheist.

LoL. So an usurper continues to usurp a position right under God's nose and god knowing he is a usurper continues to summon him to heaven. Such a stupid tale.

I am not sure why you don't see this as another one of those assemblies I talked about. When the angels assemble in heaven as the above passage clearly states, they do so because God calls them...all of them, rebellious and elect together. That is why there is a lying spirit there. That was why Satan was at the assembly where Job was the issue.

And God forgot he summoned a lying spirit? LoL
So God constantly assembles all the angels and demons to heaven for a conference? LMFAO! This your fairytale just gets wilder and wilder the more you tell it. You are the Pinocchio of Nairaland religion section. LMAO!

Okay, so I don't have to defend it. You made it up.

Didn't ask you to. Just doesn't change the recorded story which shows God acquiescing to Satan's words

So unless it is Job, it is not true. I thought the whole Bible is the issue. You want to break it up now?

You falsely me accused me of lying when it is quite clear that Job does not record a summons. You conjectured other passages to form your narrative so hypocrite why pointing fingers?

Look, Satan was at the assembly in Job because God calls regular assemblies of all His Angels and they sit in council. That is the biblical position. While there, Satan is allowed to make arguments for his position for the sake of the elect angels to whom God is demonstrating His Absolute Wisdom, Love, Goodness and Power through human beings.

Of course, Satan will take advantage of that to try to hurt believers. But God will only use each move he tries to make against believers to bless the same believers if they stay faithful.

Answer the question of how Satan is in heaven day and night, God summons him day and night or he has permanent summons? LMFAO!

Right. And the pronouncements continue. Not much to do beyond make claims and insist that things are this way or that, have you?

The records are there, anybody reading it can see it quite clearly who is making claims on a fairytale that are either not supported by any proof in reality or by tall tales you pull from your arse.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
frank317:

What other choice does a parent have order than the needle... Is God choiceless?
Keep on parading ur God as an ordinary human.

That's what they can't understand. The tale is just people trying to imagine what a God would do but instead you have the approximations of what a human king with superhuman powers would do. Destroy his enemies! Except where he can't destroy his enemies or else the tale loses its plot.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2018
LordReed:
Yes I went to bible school and graduated best in my class, had the gift of speaking in tongues and for the longest span of my life believed in the rubbish but because disingenuous people like you cannot believe anyone would willingly stop believing the foolish tales, you'd attempt to negate our history. I lived this thing for 28years so you can say any shit you want but the records are there. BTW thankfully there are people on Nairaland who know me in real life who are still Believers who can attest to what I am saying.
Is any of the above the qualification that the Bible demands?

Have I at any point indicated even a doubt that you couldn't have changed from a star Bible School graduate and "tongue-speaking" believer into an atheist?

LordReed:
LoL! Disingenuousness once again. It's become your MO. Angels never change their mind until they do. So how do they learn from man if they've already made up their mind? Where did you even learn this from?
Free will means that the angels were not created with their minds made up about God. Their default state was holiness but they were free to change it if they wanted to. But once they did, they couldn't change it back.

The elect angels are not learning anything to change their minds any more than believers in eternity will be learning anything to change their own minds. Right now, what they are learning is only vindicating their decision in eternity past to trust God rather than follow Satan.

Have I given you any Bible passage that you have given even benefit of the doubt?

LordReed:
And God forgot he summoned a lying spirit? LoL
So God constantly assembles all the angels and demons to heaven for a conference? LMFAO! This your fairytale just gets wilder and wilder the more you tell it. You are the Pinocchio of Nairaland religion section. LMAO!
Did the Bible say that God forgot?

LordReed:
Answer the question of how Satan is in heaven day and night, God summons him day and night or he has permanent summons? LMFAO!
Rev 12:10 is about the Tribulation. During the Tribulation, things will be very different than they have ever been. For one thing, all the fallen angels who are imprisoned in the Abyss will be released. It is not entirely beyond reason to expect that during that time Satan and all his angelic friends will be spending more time in Heaven than they are doing right now. Satan, by that verse, may in fact be permanently stationed there during that period until he is removed through the war with the Archangel Michael. It only makes sense that he should be there that much during that time since the Tribulation is the beginning of the endgame and after that time, his fate will be sealed.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Is any of the above the qualification that the Bible demands?

Have I at any point indicated even a doubt that you couldn't have changed from a star Bible School graduate and "tongue-speaking" believer into an atheist?

You obtuse disingenuous liar. You words have not been erased, look at them:

The Bible can only be understood by those who have the Spirit of God. "I get am before" no be property.

Deny now that you didn't mean that you doubted that I was blessed with the spirit and let's know how much of a liar you are. Or how does one obtain the gift of speaking in tongues?

So you did not see it in your bible written, study to show thyself approved? What is a bible school?

I really shouldn't be surprised. You have become a craven deceitful person.

Free will means that the angels were not created with their minds made up about God. Their default state was holiness but they were free to change it if they wanted to. But once they did, they couldn't change it back.

The elect angels are not learning anything to change their minds any more than believers in eternity will be learning anything to change their own minds. Right now, what they are learning is only vindicating their decision in eternity past to trust God rather than follow Satan.

Have I given you any Bible passage that you have given even benefit of the doubt?

Story master, show the Bible passage where it is written that angels don't change their mind. The mere fact that Satan changed from good to evil already negates that conjecture. But no you are too slimy to admit you are conjecturing rubbish.

Did the Bible say that God forgot?

That's the question I am asking you. Did God forget he had summoned a lying spirit? Did God forget he had summoned evil spirits? Why is God asking what the spirit will do? He doesn't know he is speaking to a lying spirit?

Rev 12:10 is about the Tribulation. During the Tribulation, things will be very different than they have ever been. For one thing, all the fallen angels who are imprisoned in the Abyss will be released. It is not entirely beyond reason to expect that during that time Satan and all his angelic friends will be spending more time in Heaven than they are doing right now. Satan, by that verse, may in fact be permanently stationed there during that period until he is removed through the war with the Archangel Michael. It only makes sense that he should be there that much during that time since the Tribulation is the beginning of the endgame and after that time, his fate will be sealed.

LoL more Pinocchio tall tales that do nothing to answer any question. Satan is permanently stationed in heaven but he doesn't have an everlasting bus pass. You are so full of contradiction and illogical conjectures I just wonder if you realise how twisted you are. Was this not the same point you quibbled over and over again. Now you admit that Satan can have permanence in heaven.

I have been thoroughly convinced now that you will stoop to any lows to defend this bullshit. You have become craven, deceitful, disingenuous and deliberately obtuse. Keep it up the world is watching.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by TruthHurts100: 1:19am On Oct 31, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
Hello.

I have given an answer to a similar question somewhere else and will edit this response later to provide the link to that discussion.

The short answer is "because of man's free will".

God created the angels and men with free will so that each individual angel and man can choose whether they want to remain part of God's Eternal Family or rebel against Him.

That meant that each individual angel and man would be tested somehow so that each one will have an opportunity to choose what they want.

The angels made their own choices before Man was created. Satan was the first one among them to decide to rebel against God and he campaigned among the angels to persuade them to join him. A third of them did and God destroyed the universe of that time with water because of their rebellion.

Then Man was created and Satan was let loose to also test man and give him an opportunity to make his own choice.

Man had 7000 years to make his choice, generation after generation. We have almost finished 6000 of those years. At the end of human history, all human beings who were ever going to be born will have made their choices.

Now, because this is a test, each person will have to prove by various experiences - in suffering and in abundance - that they are serious about what they have chosen and have no intention to change their mind.

This is why suffering and pain exists. It is a test of the true heart of every man.

At the end of human history, those who have endured in their choice of God in Jesus Christ will spend eternity with God and His Whole Family of Angels and Men with blessings that our minds right now cannot even begin to conceive. At that time too, those who rejected God in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in anguish without equal because of their rebellion against God.

That is the biblical answer.
WRONG.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2018
@frank317, for courtesy's sake... I don't think I have anything further to add to our conversation.

@LordReed, also for courtesy's sake... The issue in the first argument is this: possession of the Holy Spirit now is what makes you able to understand the Bible, not possession of the Holy Spirit before. I don't doubt that you were a true believer, not at all. Of course I believe firmly that you believed a lot of errors including the speaking in tongues part. Nobody has been given the true gift of speaking miraculously in foreign languages without learning them first since before the last apostle died in the first century. As for Bible School, I have been in this Christianity thing for a long time as well and I know that many Bible Schools, seminaries and churches have a very poor understanding of the Bible where they have anything biblical at all, so it doesn't mean that you went far enough to ever have known any of the things I talk about now. But it does not mean that you were never a believer. There are many true believers even today whose understanding of the Bible and the Lord Jesus is just terrible, to put it mildly. Some are actively enemies of the Cross without even really knowing that they are. Make of that what you will. But my argument was that you don't have the Spirit of God right now and therefore do not possess the qualification the Scriptures demand that you must have to understand them today. What was the case in the past does not count in the present. The only thing I can see you doing is dismissing this entire argument as you have done every other that I have presented. I don't expect you to have any actual rebuttal to it. But if you do, I will read it, and if there is meaningful reason to, I will respond to it.

As for the rest of your responses, I have nothing more to add. I have already gone above and beyond my intended limits for this discussion. I never set out to convince you of anything. I never set out to prove to you that there is sense in what I believe. Only those who have faith can see the sense in what I believe (as you yourself have affirmed multiple times). So, all I find myself having to do with you is explain the obvious and provide answers that you immediately find objectionable. So there is little point.

For example, Satan is never stationed permanently in Heaven. That he may spend more time there during the Tribulation does not mean that he has been granted rights to stay there. The Tribulation is a special time. During that time, what is currently a Cold War between God and Satan is going to blow very hot very fast. Special conditions will exist that warrant special "concessions" and special "provisions". On the Earth side, for example, many, if not all, of the spiritual gifts that were special in the first century but which were removed from the Church will become operational again. Prophecy, for example, miracles of healing etc, maybe even true speaking in tongues, dreams and visions will all come back again. Angels will preach the Eternal Gospel. There will be supernatural phenomena occurring and visible all over the world. This will go on for seven years until the Lord Jesus returns. If this is true, it only makes sense that Satan at that time may actually be compelled with all the other fallen angels to present themselves in Heaven for a longer period than ever before. Left to his devices after all, Satan would rather be throwing his weight around on Earth.

Now, I don't expect you to believe a thing I say. I do hope that you do but I am not saying it so that you will believe it. I am explaining what I believe to you so that you know what it is you object to. In other words, this is to eliminate straw man arguments that atheists are very apt to make. You can claim expertise on the Bible all you want. I won't contest your claim. But I have at least as much right to correct you on what the Bible says as atheists do to correct us on what atheism really is - and you lot do it enough. As I said, what you were before has little to do with what you are able to do right now.

So, cheers. I have to stop at this point since there is no further value going forward.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
@frank317, for courtesy's sake... I don't think I have anything further to add to our conversation.

@LordReed, also for courtesy's sake... The issue in the first argument is this: possession of the Holy Spirit now is what makes you able to understand the Bible, not possession of the Holy Spirit before. I don't doubt that you were a true believer, not at all. Of course I believe firmly that you believed a lot of errors including the speaking in tongues part. Nobody has been given the true gift of speaking miraculously in foreign languages without learning them first since before the last apostle died in the first century. As for Bible School, I have been in this Christianity thing for a long time as well and I know that many Bible Schools, seminaries and churches have a very poor understanding of the Bible where they have anything biblical at all, so it doesn't mean that you went far enough to ever have known any of the things I talk about now. But it does not mean that you were never a believer. There are many true believers even today whose understanding of the Bible and the Lord Jesus is just terrible, to put it mildly. Some are actively enemies of the Cross without even really knowing that they are. Make of that what you will. But my argument was that you don't have the Spirit of God right now and therefore do not possess the qualification the Scriptures demand that you must have to understand them today. What was the case in the past does not count in the present. The only thing I can see you doing is dismissing this entire argument as you have done every other that I have presented. I don't expect you to have any actual rebuttal to it. But if you do, I will read it, and if there is meaningful reason to, I will respond to it.

As for the rest of your responses, I have nothing more to add. I have already gone above and beyond my intended limits for this discussion. I never set out to convince you of anything. I never set out to prove to you that there is sense in what I believe. Only those who have faith can see the sense in what I believe (as you yourself have affirmed multiple times). So, all I find myself having to do with you is explain the obvious and provide answers that you immediately find objectionable. So there is little point.

For example, Satan is never stationed permanently in Heaven. That he may spend more time there during the Tribulation does not mean that he has been granted rights to stay there. The Tribulation is a special time. During that time, what is currently a Cold War between God and Satan is going to blow very hot very fast. Special conditions will exist that warrant special "concessions" and special "provisions". On the Earth side, for example, many, if not all, of the spiritual gifts that were special in the first century but which were removed from the Church will become operational again. Prophecy, for example, miracles of healing etc, maybe even true speaking in tongues, dreams and visions will all come back again. Angels will preach the Eternal Gospel. There will be supernatural phenomena occurring and visible all over the world. This will go on for seven years until the Lord Jesus returns. If this is true, it only makes sense that Satan at that time may actually be compelled with all the other fallen angels to present themselves in Heaven for a longer period than ever before. Left to his devices after all, Satan would rather be throwing his weight around on Earth.

Now, I don't expect you to believe a thing I say. I do hope that you do but I am not saying it so that you will believe it. I am explaining what I believe to you so that you know what it is you object to. In other words, this is to eliminate straw man arguments that atheists are very apt to make. You can claim expertise on the Bible all you want. I won't contest your claim. But I have at least as much right to correct you on what the Bible says as atheists do to correct us on what atheism really is - and you lot do it enough. As I said, what you were before has little to do with what you are able to do right now.

So, cheers. I have to stop at this point since there is no further value going forward.

I already told you since our first interaction recently that there is no value but you insist on explaining the Bible to me. Then you go on to acknowledge that I was a true believer but denigrate it by saying I believed wrong things because somehow you are the gatekeeper of right Bible knowledge.

Since you didn't want to prove how logical your fairytales are why did you persist when clearly I kept saying the tales were illogical?

That I do not believe anymore doesn't mean I construct strawmen arguments. I don't need to do that because the entire fairytale itself is illogical. Pointing to any part of it is sufficient to establish its illogicality. You can point to any strawman argument I made.

I have already told you, if you are unable to stomach my arguments or my laughing at Christian arguments then don't read or respond, it is not by force.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by MuttleyLaff: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

@LordReed, also for courtesy's sake...
The issue in the first argument is this: possession of the Holy Spirit now is what makes you able to understand the Bible, not possession of the Holy Spirit before. I don't doubt that you were a true believer, not at all.
Of course I believe firmly that you believed a lot of errors including the speaking in tongues part.
Nobody has been given the true gift of speaking miraculously in foreign languages without learning them first since before the last apostle died in the first century.
As for Bible School, I have been in this Christianity thing for a long time as well and I know that many Bible Schools, seminaries and churches have a very poor understanding of the Bible where they have anything biblical at all,
so it doesn't mean that you went far enough to ever have known any of the things I talk about now.
But it does not mean that you were never a believer.
There are many true believers even today whose understanding of the Bible and the Lord Jesus is just terrible, to put it mildly.
Some are actively enemies of the Cross without even really knowing that they are. Make of that what you will.
But my argument was that you don't have the Spirit of God right now and therefore do not possess the qualification the Scriptures demand that you must have to understand them today. What was the case in the past does not count in the present.

The only thing I can see you doing is dismissing this entire argument as you have done every other that I have presented.
I don't expect you to have any actual rebuttal to it.
But if you do, I will read it, and if there is meaningful reason to, I will respond to it.

As for the rest of your responses, I have nothing more to add.
I have already gone above and beyond my intended limits for this discussion.
I never set out to convince you of anything.
I never set out to prove to you that there is sense in what I believe.
Only those who have faith can see the sense in what I believe
(as you yourself have affirmed multiple times).
So, all I find myself having to do with you is explain the obvious and provide answers that you immediately find objectionable.
So there is little point.

For example, Satan is never stationed permanently in Heaven.
That he may spend more time there during the Tribulation does not mean that he has been granted rights to stay there.
The Tribulation is a special time. During that time, what is currently a Cold War between God and Satan is going to blow very hot very fast. Special conditions will exist that warrant special "concessions" and special "provisions". On the Earth side, for example, many, if not all, of the spiritual gifts that were special in the first century but which were removed from the Church will become operational again. Prophecy, for example, miracles of healing etc, maybe even true speaking in tongues, dreams and visions will all come back again. Angels will preach the Eternal Gospel. There will be supernatural phenomena occurring and visible all over the world.
This will go on for seven years until the Lord Jesus returns. If this is true, it only makes sense that Satan at that time may actually be compelled with all the other fallen angels to present themselves in Heaven for a longer period than ever before. Left to his devices after all, Satan would rather be throwing his weight around on Earth.

Now, I don't expect you to believe a thing I say. I do hope that you do but I am not saying it so that you will believe it.
I am explaining what I believe to you so that you know what it is you object to.
In other words, this is to eliminate straw man arguments that atheists are very apt to make.
You can claim expertise on the Bible all you want. I won't contest your claim.
But I have at least as much right to correct you on what the Bible says as atheists do to correct us on what atheism really is
- and you lot do it enough. As I said, what you were before has little to do with what you are able to do right now.

Dont let anyone off that easily.
You have lot more further to add to the conversation(s) because anonymous others are following, reading and taking in
so, yes, if there is any meaningful reason to, please do respond on the thread
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 9:53am On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

The universe shows no natural inclinations to moral judgements called good or bad, it just is. Men like you and I are the ones calling things good and bad.

So tell me now that modern medicine is getting to the point where we can stop & possibly reverse aging and potentially end death, what happens to this your narrative?

Well, I’m glad that at least men like you and I know that some things are good while others are bad. That counts a lot as I explained earlier. There’s a stark difference between Good and bad no matter what you think universe perceives.

Concerning being able to reverse or stop aging, I truly honestly think that belongs under the category of fairytales. wink

If I’m wrong then I guess I’ll be wrong. We can agree to disagree.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Oct 31, 2018
theoriginalgood:

Well, I’m glad that at least men like you and I know that some things are good while others are bad. That counts a lot as I explained earlier. There’s a stark difference between Good and bad no matter what you think universe perceives.

Concerning being able to reverse or stop aging, I truly honestly think that belongs under the category of fairytales. wink

LoL! The irony of a person who believes in a god without any unequivocal proof calling scientific studies and processes fairytales. Hope you remember how cloning was a fairytale in the past.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

I already told you since our first interaction recently that there is no value but you insist on explaining the Bible to me. Then you go on to acknowledge that I was a true believer but denigrate it by saying I believed wrong things because somehow you are the gatekeeper of right Bible knowledge.

Since you didn't want to prove how logical your fairytales are why did you persist when clearly I kept saying the tales were illogical?

That I do not believe anymore doesn't mean I construct strawmen arguments. I don't need to do that because the entire fairytale itself is illogical. Pointing to any part of it is sufficient to establish its illogicality. You can point to any strawman argument I made.

I have already told you, if you are unable to stomach my arguments or my laughing at Christian arguments then don't read or respond, it is not by force.
Please, it is a bother but I can actually go and fetch an excerpt from the second post I made in the first conversation you and I had upon my return to this forum. I made it clear that my concern is to make sure that you keep the Bible straight. If you are attacking the Bible, by all means, do so, but don't lie about what it says. Then again, I answered questions you asked about what the Bible said for the sake of those who may have the same questions and may be willing to consider an answer from me. It is a public forum after all. If you want to publicly undermine the Christian Faith, you must also accept the risk of having it defended publicly. It was never about you.

I'll say this only one more time: to be a believer, one need only believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing more. There is no requirement that your theology must be perfect in order for you to be a believer. I said that in the post you are responding to. It is a lie to say that I "denigrate [your claim to previous faith] by saying [you] believed the wrong things". You can be a believer and still have errors in your theology. As a matter of fact, all of us do as believers. That is why constant Bible reading and commitment to a reliable source of Bible teaching is commanded for us so that we can lose the errors and grow toward perfect understanding of the Bible. This has nothing to do with being saved. It has everything to do with growing spiritually.

I have never been interested in proving the logicality of my faith. If the universe around you is not proof enough, nothing I say will make a difference. My concern was that any falsehoods you present about the Bible in public are answered firmly and accurately.

I have no need to point out the straw man fallacies you have made. I spent long posts addressing them.

Cheers, Reed.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Dont let anyone off that easily.
You have lot more further to add to the conversation(s) because anonymous others are following, reading and taking in
so, yes, if there is any meaningful reason to, please do respond on the thread
I thank you for your kind words and your interest, brother. However, apologetics is expensive in time and energy and it is not the main thrust of my involvement on Nairaland right now. Besides, you can never stop atheists from lying against the Bible or carrying on with all manner of falsehoods just by arguing with them.

As for the audience, I try to answer with as much clarity and with as much detail as necessary and as many times as may be necessary to cover all the angles. But the time does come when there really is nothing new to refute and only repetitions left. At that point, it is wise to end it or else you get mired in trying to convert hearts that have been hardened against the Lord. That can be very frustrating and can also lure you into using tricks to try to "win".

So, unless you have been called by the Lord to apologetics and properly equipped for it, it is best to just present biblical answers to Bible questions and leave everyone to make what they will of them.

These discussions ought to have ended long ago but I let myself fall back into old habits. That always leads to trouble.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Please, it is a bother but I can actually go and fetch an excerpt from the second post I made in the first conversation you and I had upon my return to this forum. I made it clear that my concern is to make sure that you keep the Bible straight. If you are attacking the Bible, by all means, do so, but don't lie about what it says. Then again, I answered questions you asked about what the Bible said for the sake of those who may have the same questions and may be willing to consider an answer from me. It is a public forum after all. If you want to publicly undermine the Christian Faith, you must also accept the risk of having it defended publicly. It was never about you.

I'll say this only one more time: to be a believer, one need only believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing more. There is no requirement that your theology must be perfect in order for you to be a believer. I said that in the post you are responding to. It is a lie to say that I "denigrate [your claim to previous faith] by saying [you] believed the wrong things". You can be a believer and still have errors in your theology. As a matter of fact, all of us do as believers. That is why constant Bible reading and commitment to a reliable source of Bible teaching is commanded for us so that we can lose the errors and grow toward perfect understanding of the Bible. This has nothing to do with being saved. It has everything to do with growing spiritually.

I have never been interested in proving the logicality of my faith. If the universe around you is not proof enough, nothing I say will make a difference. My concern was that any falsehoods you present about the Bible in public are answered firmly and accurately.

I have no need to point out the straw man fallacies you have made. I spent long posts addressing them.

Cheers, Reed.

If you keep making accusations you can't prove then you are the liar. I made no strawmen arguments neither did I lie.

If you put mouth where I am, be ready for the consequences.

C'est fini.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

If you keep making accusations you can't prove then you are the liar. I made no strawmen arguments neither did I lie.

If you put mouth where I am, be ready for the consequences.

C'est fini.
In the post you are responding to right here, I already called you on another lie.

I understand. Just remember that I may also interfere "if you put mouth where the Bible is" and be ready for whatever the consequences may be.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

In the post you are responding to right here, I already called you on another lie.

I understand. Just remember that I may also interfere "if you put mouth where the Bible is" and be ready for whatever the consequences may be.

Why you need to be disingenuous and obtuse I haven't got a clue. Thankfully your words are not erased.

Ihedinobi3:
. Of course I believe firmly that you believed a lot of errors including the speaking in tongues part.

You clearly aimed to denigrate my experience because you believe you are a gatekeeper of the knowledge of the Bible.

So that you can quibble some more over meaning here:

denigrate
/ˈdɛnɪɡreɪt/
verb
criticize unfairly; disparage.
"doom and gloom merchants who denigrate their own country"
synonyms: disparage, belittle, diminish, deprecate, cast aspersions on, decry, criticize unfairly, attack, speak ill of, speak badly of, blacken the character of, blacken the name of, give someone a bad name, sully the reputation of, spread lies about, defame, slander, libel, calumniate, besmirch, run down, abuse, insult, slight, revile, malign, vilify;

You sir remain a craven, deceitful, deliberately obtuse liar.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

Why you need to be disingenuous and obtuse I haven't got a clue. Thankfully your words are not erased.

You clearly aimed to denigrate my experience because you believe you are a gatekeeper of the knowledge of the Bible.

So that you can quibble some more over meaning here:

denigrate
/ˈdɛnɪɡreɪt/
verb
criticize unfairly; disparage.
"doom and gloom merchants who denigrate their own country"
synonyms: disparage, belittle, diminish, deprecate, cast aspersions on, decry, criticize unfairly, attack, speak ill of, speak badly of, blacken the character of, blacken the name of, give someone a bad name, sully the reputation of, spread lies about, defame, slander, libel, calumniate, besmirch, run down, abuse, insult, slight, revile, malign, vilify;

You sir remain a craven, deceitful, deliberately obtuse liar.
So, basically, you're a mind reader. You know that I did not deny what I said. You know that I have explained what I meant. But you know me well enough to ascribe intents to me in spite of my explanations. And I am the liar? grin
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

So, basically, you're a mind reader. You know that I did not deny what I said. You know that I have explained what I meant. But you know me well enough to ascribe intents to me in spite of my explanations. And I am the liar? grin

If you really didn't intend to denigrate my experience it would not have been necessary for you to make that statement. You intended to show that whatever knowledge I had acquired as a believer was full of errors therefore I am incapable of presenting the Bible properly. Like telling someone oh that school you attended is a poor school but no I am not denigrating your education.

Its as clear as daylight but now that you have taken on this craven aspect you display disingenuousness at every turn.

Keep at it, it is fun watching you come apart at the seams.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 2:14am On Nov 01, 2018
LordReed:

If you really didn't intend to denigrate my experience it would not have been necessary for you to make that statement. You intended to show that whatever knowledge I had acquired as a believer was full of errors therefore I am incapable of presenting the Bible properly. Like telling someone oh that school you attended is a poor school but no I am not denigrating your education.

Its as clear as daylight but now that you have taken on this craven aspect you display disingenuousness at every turn.

Keep at it, it is fun watching you come apart at the seams.
I think I missed something. Apparently, I am no longer doubting or calling into question your claim to have been saved before. The accusation changed and I didn't even notice. I am actually now being accused of denigrating your experience, not your previous claim to Salvation. I'm sure you'll have a way of arguing that you didn't move the goalposts here.

I think this is a great waste of time. Clearly, I believe that you were once a believer. Now, however, you are not anymore. So you cannot claim to meet the Bible's qualification to understand it.

And I added what I added to give a reason for why what I have been saying has been strange to you in spite of your past as a believer.

As for coming apart at the seams, just more of your fantasizing.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 4:05am On Nov 01, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I think I missed something. Apparently, I am no longer doubting or calling into question your claim to have been saved before. The accusation changed and I didn't even notice. I am actually now being accused of denigrating your experience, not your previous claim to Salvation. I'm sure you'll have a way of arguing that you didn't move the goalposts here.

I think this is a great waste of time. Clearly, I believe that you were once a believer. Now, however, you are not anymore. So you cannot claim to meet the Bible's qualification to understand it.

And I added what I added to give a reason for why what I have been saying has been strange to you in spite of your past as a believer.

As for coming apart at the seams, just more of your fantasizing.

Your disingenuous obtuseness continues to be astounding. The thread has not been erased or altered you can show where I changed anything. Continue to lie for a defense.

Ihedinobi3:

LoL! There again, threats of death and all that jazz. When will you folk learn that death holds no threats? It is the natural course of this world and there is nothing beyond it. You cannot threaten me with what you imagine I will see after death cos you have nothing but your fairytales telling you nonsense.

Yes I went to bible school and graduated best in my class, had the gift of speaking in tongues and for the longest span of my life believed in the rubbish but because disingenuous people like you cannot believe anyone would willingly stop believing the foolish tales, you'd attempt to negate our history. I lived this thing for 28years so you can say any shit you want but the records are there. BTW thankfully there are people on Nairaland, who know me in real life, who are still Believers and can attest to what I am saying.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by MuttleyLaff: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The teacher is correct, Satan will in due time get his commeupanuce

For the teacher to react by practically telling her off and ending the class, saying he/she is not in the mood of answering questions any longer is likely because he/she was caught out of depth

Dont judge God's decision(s) and/or choice(s), if you dont understand the reason(s) is an advice I would have given the 13 year old girl.
Would also chip in that one just has to trust God's judgement and God's manner of handling things.
God has everything in control.
There is a method in what is seen as madness.

At the end, so much would have been learned to make everyone and the world a better place to live in

Would have learnt:
1/ How much to love,
2/ How carefully to live, and
3/ How important it is, to let go of things not meant for you

Now going back to the original question:
"Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset?"

There is an ambiguity in the question and the ambiguity is with "Onset"

Which "Onset" is this?
"Onset" from where, when or what?

You see Adam (i.e. as in, Man or human beings) is a product of, necessity is the mother of invention
Also note that, a need and/or problem(s) encourages creative effort(s) to meet the need and/or solve the problem(s)

There were two problem situations
and the necessity being the mother of invention, is the start of the solution, to solving the problem situations

It's strongly evident, that there were "situation problems"

The two problem situations were and/or are sin and vacuum created by renegades

This encouraged the Godhead to propose creative efforts to solve the "situation problems"

Man, is the start of the solution, not just only to solving the "situation problems" but is, also, to meet a need

Man (i.e. human beings) is NOT an accidental happening, rather is the product of a well-thought-out plan
hence the earlier reference or earlier use of, necessity is the mother of invention

God IS NOT experimenting with humans
Man or human beings are part of the solution package
Two for the price of one (i.e. man or human beings used to bring about sin eradication and fill vacuum created by renegades)

Necessity is the mother of invention
So we have human beings and if sin were to be found in Man too, then have sin eradication.

Difficult problem(s) & situation(s) (e.g. sin) inspires ingenious solution(s) (e.g. Man or human beings)

Man or human beings are NOT happenstance, hence the earlier and kept repeating, "necessity is the mother of invention".

I believe strongly that God is solving a problem
and the necessity being the mother of invention, is the start of the solution, to solving the problem situations
paxonel DoctorAlien Ihedinobi3

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
theoriginalgood:

Researchers discover drug that reverses mental decline, aging
https://wjla.com/amp/news/nation-world/researchers-discover-drug-that-reverses-mental-decline-aging

Researchers Solve Anti-aging Mystery – Identify Gene Responsible for Cellular Aging
https://scitechdaily.com/researchers-solve-anti-aging-mystery-identify-gene-responsible-for-cellular-aging/

Still think its a fairytale?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Infallibility Question / Youtube Spiritual Teaching--herbs & Mystics (solutions To Life Issues) / Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.