Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429822 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Enasdan(m): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I don't have any Spousal Visa experience as I did Fiance Visa.

For my views on the two visas, you can go through this thread. Also click on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/14#75381630
thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by innken: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2019
When going for interview, all u have to do is conquer the situation by first interviewing the interviewer; ask him how he/she is doing, his night and also his /herame with a smile, by so doing u already broken the ice. Make the interview a form of discussion and also laugh and smile. Look the interviewer in his/her eyes.trill them with what you know about your fiance or fiancee And straight with the answers. Also you should be happy talking about the person you love and want to spend your life with. No shyness and no blabbing and mumbling. They are seriously ready to approve your visa. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Enasdan:
good morning everyone, for those of us who has gone for spousal visa interview at US embassy Lagos, I wanted to know if

1. call history
2. Whatsapp chat history
3. e-mail conversation
with your married US citizen are required during the interview to show evidence of genuine relationship.

Thanks

Go with them. They may or may not ask to see them....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
innken:
When going for interview, all u have to do is conquer the situation by first interviewing the interviewer; ask him how he/she is doing, his night and also his /herame with a smile, by so doing u already broken the ice. Make the interview a form of discussion and also laugh and smile. Look the interviewer in his/her eyes.trill them with what you know about your fiance or fiancee And straight with the answers. Also you should be happy talking about the person you love and want to spend your life with. No shyness and no blabbing and mumbling. They are seriously ready to approve your visa. Thanks
Kindly share your application time frame from when you submitted the form till this approval.
Congratulation once again & wish you the very best

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oh lord! NOA2 online notification came in yesterday. What should I do next? So much happiness in me right now.

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by GeneralJoe94: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekusa10:
Oh lord! NOA2 online notification came in yesterday. What should I do next? So much happiness in me right now.

Congratulations! How long have you been waiting Sir/ma?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Manni0011: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
I have always been a slient reader on this thread and i was denied this Morning, I felt the officer denied me based on age difference between my Fiancee and I, I was well prepared i guess but did not come out that way as the questions he asked was quite insignificant to other reviews i have read so far, I was interviewed by a black American man and the first questions he asked me was how may times have i try to traveled which i answered 4times B1/b2 Once and 3 times for F1 Visa, Which my current Fiancee was my point of contact at all times, Then he asked about my job told him i was into real estate he asked about how much houses are sold in my area which i told him, Then he asked about how many times my Fiancee has visited told him twice and who paid for the flight i said my Fiancee while i took care of all expenses here, Went on about how many kids my Fiancee has answered 2 girls ever spoken to them said yes and he asked if they have ever introduce me to there friends i said we only spoke when they visit there mom and have plans on getting together when i get there, he asked if i have been married before said no and my Fiancee said yes 3 times then he said my Fiancee was here last year for 3 months that why did we not just get married i told him my Fiancee want us to get married in the Us in presense of Family and friends and he said she has been married 3 times already and i have never been married that we could just have gotten married here so my Family can be present to my first Marriage and asked how many siblings answered 3 and both parent are alive so he went ahead and said how will they be present in my Marriage if we got married over there and not here and i answered that they might be present if qualified for a visiting Visa he went back and forth on how we could just have done everything while she was here with my Families been present i felt the V.O did not ask the questions nor any proof to determine our relationship, Gave me a white paper stating case will be sent back to Uscis for revocation not giving up yet, Wish there rest of you guys best of luck in your upcoming interview still trying to look for information on what can be done i saw on a post on Visa Journey that it can be contested dont know how truthful that is.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Manni0011:
I have always been a slient reader on this thread and i was denied this Morning, I felt the officer denied me based on age difference between my Fiancee and I, I was well prepared i guess but did not come out that way as the questions he asked was quite insignificant to other reviews i have read so far, I was interviewed by a black American man and the first questions he asked me was how may times have i try to traveled which i answered 4times B1/b2 Once and 3 times for F1 Visa, Which my current Fiancee was my point of contact at all times, Then he asked about my job told him i was into real estate he asked about how much houses are sold in my area which i told him, Then he asked about how many times my Fiancee has visited told him twice and who paid for the flight i said my Fiancee while i took care of all expenses here, Went on about how many kids my Fiancee has answered 2 girls ever spoken to them said yes and he asked if they have ever introduce me to there friends i said we only spoke when they visit there mom and have plans on getting together when i get there, he asked if i have been married before said no and my Fiancee said yes 3 times then he said my Fiancee was here last year for 3 months that why did we not just get married i told him my Fiancee want us to get married in the Us in presence of Family and friends and he said she has been married 3 times already and i have never been married that we could just have gotten married here so my Family can be present to my first Marriage and asked how many siblings answered 3 and both parent are alive so he went ahead and said how will they be present in my Marriage if we got married over there and not here and i answered that they might be present if qualified for a visiting Visa he went back and forth on how we could just have done everything while she was here with my Families been present i felt the V.O did not ask the questions nor any proof to determine our relationship, Gave me a white paper stating case will be sent back to Uscis for revocation not giving up yet, Wish there rest of you guys best of luck in your upcoming interview still trying to look for information on what can be done i saw on a post on Visa Journey that it can be contested dont know how truthful that is.

Sorry about the denial.

What's the age difference? The CO clearly had doubts about the relationship.

Best is to get married and apply for a spousal visa. The advantage of a spousal visa is that you can appeal if the petition is denied unlike the K1.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
Manni0011:
I have always been a slient reader on this thread and i was denied this Morning, I felt the officer denied me based on age difference between my Fiancee and I, I was well prepared i guess but did not come out that way as the questions he asked was quite insignificant to other reviews i have read so far, I was interviewed by a black American man and the first questions he asked me was how may times have i try to traveled which i answered 4times B1/b2 Once and 3 times for F1 Visa, Which my current Fiancee was my point of contact at all times, Then he asked about my job told him i was into real estate he asked about how much houses are sold in my area which i told him, Then he asked about how many times my Fiancee has visited told him twice and who paid for the flight i said my Fiancee while i took care of all expenses here, Went on about how many kids my Fiancee has answered 2 girls ever spoken to them said yes and he asked if they have ever introduce me to there friends i said we only spoke when they visit there mom and have plans on getting together when i get there, he asked if i have been married before said no and my Fiancee said yes 3 times then he said my Fiancee was here last year for 3 months that why did we not just get married i told him my Fiancee want us to get married in the Us in presense of Family and friends and he said she has been married 3 times already and i have never been married that we could just have gotten married here so my Family can be present to my first Marriage and asked how many siblings answered 3 and both parent are alive so he went ahead and said how will they be present in my Marriage if we got married over there and not here and i answered that they might be present if qualified for a visiting Visa he went back and forth on how we could just have done everything while she was here with my Families been present i felt the V.O did not ask the questions nor any proof to determine our relationship, Gave me a white paper stating case will be sent back to Uscis for revocation not giving up yet, Wish there rest of you guys best of luck in your upcoming interview still trying to look for information on what can be done i saw on a post on Visa Journey that it can be contested dont know how truthful that is.
How much older is your fiancee?
He was right, if the marriage is genuine, you would marry her in your country in front of your friends and family. Your intention to get any visa is clear, so many intents and for so long time. Ask your fiancee to come to your country and do a Traditional and court wedding, take many pictures with your family and your wife, show you are marrying her in front of your people in your country, then apply for a spouse visa.

Do you have kids? There are doubts about you wanting to do the marriage in US only, about much older fiancee which is not common in Nigeria and about you not being able to have kids maybe with your American fiancee/wife.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Manni0011: 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
Clearly we could have gotten married while she was here but at that times she was going through divorce that has been lingering for over 2years and not able to get married i have been to other countries and never apply for Us Visa until me and my Fiancee met so my intention is to be with my Fiancee and we have 12years of age difference and no kids
123JohnF:

He was right, if the marriage is genuine, you would marry her in your country in front of your friends and family. Your intention to get any visa is clear, so many intents and for so long time. Ask your fiancee to come to your country and do a Traditional and court wedding, take many pictures with your family and your wife, show you are marrying her in front of your people in your country, then apply for a spouse visa.

Do you have kids? There are doubts about you wanting to do the marriage in US only, about much older fiancee which is not common in Nigeria and about you not being able to have kids maybe with your American fiancee/wife.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Manni0011: 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
We thinking about that steps now and does it matter if her friends and Family are present here at the time of the wedding?
123JohnF:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
GeneralJoe94:

Congratulations! How long have you been waiting Sir/ma?
2 months, 3 weeks from NOA1
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Manni0011:
Clearly we could have gotten married while she was here but at that times she was going through divorce that has been lingering for over 2years and not able to get married i have been to other countries and never apply for Us Visa until me and my Fiancee met so my intention is to be with my Fiancee and we have 12years of age difference and no kids
12 years is nothing. Can she still have kids?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Manni0011:
We thinking about that steps now and does it matter if her friends and Family are present here at the time of the wedding?
You think, the embassy thinks it is not serious, many Nigerians never introduce the foreign wife to the family and are traditionally married to a Nigerian woman, kids and all, so many lies around US visas and so many cases of fraud. Give the embassy what they want showing you are not ashamed of this marriage and going to America, you always can have another celebration for American friends and family.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekusa10:

Congrats! This is fast.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Manni0011: 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
I have tons of picture of my Fiancee together with my Families and friends when she was here it was never asked of we will be going through that route do you have any idea what type of Visa to filled for i heard k3 is not available anymore and will it affect if her family is not here for the wedding thanks for the response so far.
123JohnF:

You think, the embassy thinks it is not serious, many Nigerians never introduce the foreign wife to the family and are traditionally married to a Nigerian woman, kids and all, so many lies around US visas and so many cases of fraud. Give the embassy what they want showing you are not ashamed of this marriage and going to America, you always can have another celebration for American friends and family.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Manni0011:
I have tons of picture of my Fiancee together with my Families and friends when she was here it was never asked of we will be going through that route do you have any idea what type of Visa to filled for i heard k3 is not available anymore and will it affect if her family is not here for the wedding thanks for the response so far.
CR1 spouse visa, and arriving to US, you receive the green card stamp crossing the border and the plastic card comes in a couple of weeks. It's cheaper this way and much better, you can work arriving. No. Her family doesn't need to travel.
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Manni0011:

Sorry about the denial brother, I am trying to see things from the perspective of the CO. He was thinking you have never married, she was here for 3 months, you could have gotten married in front of your friends and family(just saying things from the perspective of the CO). But everything is just guessing from us here, only the CO knows why he denied you. Please have your fiancée write the uscis to cancel the I-129F and come to Nigeria and get married. So sorry about the denial. Stay strong bro.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by GeneralJoe94: 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekusa10:
congratulations once again!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 12:28am On Jul 20, 2019
GeneralJoe94:

congratulations once again!
Thanks everyone
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 5:01am On Jul 20, 2019
innken:
Just got approved this morning. Was fun, just 2 minutes

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ifunanyamaka: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2019
Enasdan:
good morning everyone, for those of us who has gone for spousal visa interview at US embassy Lagos, I wanted to know if

1. call history
2. Whatsapp chat history
3. e-mail conversation
with your married US citizen are required during the interview to show evidence of genuine relationship.

Thanks

Yes you do need them. They might ask for it, proof of communication. So go with as many as you can.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Enasdan(m): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

Yes you do need them. They might ask for it, proof of communication. So go with as many as you can.
thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Enasdan(m): 7:06am On Jul 20, 2019
123JohnF:

He was right, if the marriage is genuine, you would marry her in your country in front of your friends and family. Your intention to get any visa is clear, so many intents and for so long time.
[/b]Ask your fiancee to come to your country and do a Traditional and court wedding[b] take many pictures with your family and your wife, show you are marrying her in front of your people in your country, then apply for a spouse visa.

please as you kindly advised, just to know if only court wedding and traditional not done is ok when applying a spousal visa.
Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by hammed71(m): 9:21am On Jul 20, 2019
guys please concerning the national population commission birth certificate, what are the requirements to get one.Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
hammed71:
guys please concerning the national population commission birth certificate, what are the requirements to get one.Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/17#76301374
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
Enasdan:
please as you kindly advised, just to know if only court wedding and traditional not done is ok when applying a spousal visa.
Thanks
It will work for visa, the court wedding. But ask yourself (your foreign fiancee will also wonder why?) why you do a big Traditional wedding for any Nigerian woman yet you don't want to spend on your foreign fiancee? Why is not respecting even more your foreign fiancee than a Nigerian woman if it is the real marriage? Your foreign fiancee spends on travelling, taking time off work, signs the affidavit of support and supports you until you find a job. Why not giving her a Traditional beautiful wedding as it is the way in your country, showing your respect to her the same as to your Nigerian women and your Nigerian family too? The Consular Officer may think the same and question.

And definitely the foreign woman sooner or later will get bitter about it knowing more about the Nigerian culture and traditions.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
Hello guys, @Legitbachelor, Drenimarcus....
I have a little challenge with getting a drivers Licence.

I first went for the license when I recently arrived U.S two months ago but couldn’t get it because I didn’t have a social security to make up 6 points.

The social security card finally came just last week and I went back for the license only to be told that my I-94 will expire in 7 days, and they require a 60days window to issue a New license.

They asked me to get Immigration to extend/update my immigration status. I need to know if anyone experienced such and how I’d go about it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
Hello Guys, does anyone knows if you could get your K1 fiance visa approved with a virgin passport.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
Teledom1:
Hello Guys, does anyone knows if you could get your K1 fiance visa approved with a virgin passport.
Yes.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
123JohnF:

Yes.

Oh ok thanks so it means for K1 fiance visa, it doesn't matter if u haven't traveled out before to get approved
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2019
Teledom1:

Oh ok thanks so it means for K1 fiance visa, it doesn't matter if u haven't traveled out before to get approved
Yup

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.