Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429176 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 12:04am On Jul 21, 2019
mekusa10:
Yup
Ok thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:28am On Jul 21, 2019
@Bojar, which State is that? Drivers License requirements vary from State to State.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:01am On Jul 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:
@Bojar, which State is that? Drivers License requirements vary from State to State.

Was gonna ask just that. How are you bro?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by innken: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2019
123JohnF:

Yes.
I got mine with a virgin passport last week. That's not what u should bother about. Just be yourself and have fun with the co
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:

New Jersey..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2019
innken:
I got mine with a virgin passport last week. That's not what u should bother about. Just be yourself and have fun with the co
Congrats and we still waiting for your interview transcripts so others can learn. If you're willing to share.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2019
Drenimarcus:

New Jersey.. The MVC staff are outright rude and lazy.. I feel the admission date shouldn’t be a barrier since I have my marriage certificate to prove a change of status.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
bojar:

New Jersey..
Learnt New Jersey could be tough for those whose i94 validity is less than 60 days. The annoying thing is that the website just states that the i94 should be valid, it didnt say anything about 60 days.

But I also learnt that some MVCs are more knowledgeable and friendly than others. I advice you try some other MVCs and see their response. Most especially these two addresses:

1. 3200 Brunswick Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
2. 2236 US-130 North, Dayton, NJ 08810

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Drenimarcus:

I'm good Chief. I'm patiently waiting for my AOS interview. God's time is the best.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I'm good Chief. I'm patiently waiting for my AOS interview. God's time is the best.

Wish you good luck and all the very best bro!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Learnt New Jersey could be tough for those whose i94 validity is less than 60 days. The annoying thing is that the website just states that the i94 should be valid, it didnt say anything about 60 days.

But I also learnt that some MVCs are more knowledgeable and friendly than others. I advice you try some other MVCs and see their response. Most especially these two addresses:

1. 3200 Brunswick Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
2. 2236 US-130 North, Dayton, NJ 08810

You are right bro, it’s a case of knowledge gap. MVCs in white neighborhoods are also relatively more friendly, so Yeah I decided to check other MVCs. I will also check the two you listed. Thanks much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Good luck bro... I had my biometrics 2 weeks ago, I guess the next step Is the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2019
innken:

oh ok that's awesome and thanks.... do you think 18yrs age difference matters by the way.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Enasdan(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
please house kindly need your advice on this, my US fiancee is coming to Nigeria for our court wedding, she is coming for the very first time I wanted to know if a facetime of 3-5 days is good enough to file for a wedding. we getting married at her first visit to Nigeria. my question is this will this be a red flag at the US embassy?
Thanks for your swift responses and contributions.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
Enasdan:
please house kindly need your advice on this, my US fiancee is coming to Nigeria for our court wedding, she is coming for the very first time I wanted to know if a facetime of 3-5 days is good enough to file for a wedding. we getting married at her first visit to Nigeria. my question is this will this be a red flag at the US embassy?
Thanks for your swift responses and contributions.
The embassy might be concerned about it. I'm not expart in immigration matters but i think it would have made sense to do that if she was nigerian. Except maybe she's staying around like for at least like a month. You also have to consider if there are any red flags. But for me you can easily get away with short visits if it were fiance route you were taking. Advice, to be successful in this journey you have to think like a CO.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by hammed71(m): 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
guys please don't be annoyed ooo, concerning the NPC birth certificate, I learnt my two parents name will be on the certificate, my issue is that my mother and father are married but not living together and no form of court marriage and my mother still uses her father surname.will be wise to use my father's surname for my on the certificate or just use her father's surname as her surname and also will the two(mother and father)different surnames cause problem for me during immigration? thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Mariomax101(m): 12:32am On Jul 22, 2019
mekusa10:

The embassy might be concerned about it. I'm not expart in immigration matters but i think it would have made sense to do that if she was nigerian. Except maybe she's staying around like for at least like a month. You also have to consider if there are any red flags. But for me you can easily get away with short visits if it were fiance route you were taking. Advice, to be successful in this journey you have to think like a CO.

Bro is 2 weeks OK for a short visit?? Pls help!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 12:59am On Jul 22, 2019
Mariomax101:

Bro is 2 weeks OK for a short visit?? Pls help!

2 weeks is okay. But if she can afford it, try to make sure she visits one more time before or after filing!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by finalex4real(m): 4:16am On Jul 22, 2019
Hi Drenimarcus

I also got into US on K1 last Monday.

I wanted us to get in touch so we can share experience and help ourselves better.

Can we [ talk bro?

quote author=Drenimarcus post=80473588]

Was gonna ask just that. How are you bro?[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:07am On Jul 22, 2019
finalex4real:
Hi Drenimarcus

I wanted us to get in touch so we can share experience and help ourselves better.

Can we [ talk bro?

quote author=Drenimarcus post=80473588]

Wow man! So happy. Congratulations. Sure. I reply your email back. Pm me bro

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by castrokins(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2019
@LegitBachelor, I'd Like To Ask A Private Question, LB. Kindly Allow Me PM. Thank You.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
@ligitbachelor do you know if 18years ages difference is a red flag especially if the person filing is a female and she is 18yrs older.... any contributions will be well appreciated.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
hammed71:
guys please don't be annoyed ooo, concerning the NPC birth certificate, I learnt my two parents name will be on the certificate, my issue is that my mother and father are married but not living together and no form of court marriage and my mother still uses her father surname.will be wise to use my father's surname for my on the certificate or just use her father's surname as her surname and also will the two(mother and father)different surnames cause problem for me during immigration? thank you.
Use her official name. She's your mum regardless of whose last name she bears.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
finalex4real:
Hi Drenimarcus

Can we talk bro?
Cobgrats. Please post your interview experience so others can learn one or two things.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by hammed71(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
you mean her fathers surname which she bears
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
hammed71:
you mean her fathers surname which she bears
Yes. Imagine if they ask for your mum's ID (international passport) as a followup, at that point you'll be in a pickle if you didn't use her official name.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
@LegitBachelor do you know if 18years ages difference is a red flag especially if the person filing is a female and she is 18yrs older.... any contributions will be well appreciated.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Cobgrats. Please post your interview experience so others can learn one or two things.
We have been begging them for too long.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
Teledom1:
@LegitBachelor do you know if 18years ages difference is a red flag especially if the person filing is a female and she is 18yrs older.... any contributions will be well appreciated.
The most important question is this: Do you love each other?

If the answer is yes then you don't need to worry about 18 years difference.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
castrokins:
@LegitBachelor, I'd Like To Ask A Private Question, LB. Kindly Allow Me PM. Thank You.
Okay.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
mekusa10:

We have been begging them for too long.
Hopefully they will soon enough.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Hopefully they will soon enough.
Only when they want answers to their questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.