Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned (7239 Views)

I Want A Tall Man, I Have Money So I Don’t Care If He’s Broke – Lady Says / What Is The Height Of A Tall Man? / Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
average built woman. I have seen this description often enough on here and it got me wondering. Why the emphasis on skin tone? So my question is does colourism exist amongst Africans? Or those of African descendants? Do we practice discrimination? Why do we view darker skinned women as less desireable? Does it matter what her skin tone is? Women seem to be impacted more than men. As I am yet to see a description that specifies how dark or light skinned a man should be as a potential partner. Your thoughts are appreciated.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by ogorwyne(f): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
I think everyone has specific qualities they want in their partners. It's just a thing of choice. Although some talk about these things ignorantly sha. Light skinned men are really not my thing when it comes to love, even though there are a lot of them in the world.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissRaine69:
average built woman. I have seen this description often enough on here and it got me wondering. Why the emphasis on skin tone? So my question is does colourism exist amongst Africans? Or those of African descendants? Do we practice discrimination? Why do we view darker skinned women as less desireable? Does it matter what her skin tone is? Women seem to be impacted more than men. As I am yet to see a description that specifies how dark or light skinned a man should be as a potential partner. Your thoughts are appreciated.
It's not discrimination. Discrimination would be to act as though they don't exist.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by dingbang(m): 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
Missraine please can you describe the kind of man you are attracted to.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Lonestar124: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
Very rampant in Africa, that is why mostly Nigeria ladies
want to virtually filter their destiny away with bleaching lotion.

Africa men are momentarily waking up to this effect.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Oluromantic: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
First of all, I admire ur observation. But ladies' choices on skin tone in this part of Africa is baseless o. A man makes his choices between attitude and beauty of a woman. A woman prays to be chosen and also works on her beauty and attitude to have a better chance of being chosen while d man works on his finances. If however a woman wants her man's skin toned, she'll tell him subjectively and not by choice or authority ...that's by d proper man-woman romance

I'm not ignorant of the fact that ladies nowadays choose men and not men choosing dem and even tell d men the haircut or skin tone he must keep..such girls don't marry till 35. Its a man that grooms a woman not the other way round.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Agboki: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
Jst as grls dey always look 4 tall dark ugly guys lyk us! wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Oreofepeters: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
This is what prompt our ladies to bleach their skin & brain...
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Jaqenhghar: 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
Id say people shouldnt read too much into these things. Peolle say stuff vut at the end of the day dark skinned girls get married. Im yet to se a man praise his wife because she is light skinned

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 1:36am On Oct 22, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
Id say people shouldnt read too much into these things. Peolle say stuff vut at the end of the day dark skinned girls get married. Im yet to se a man praise his wife because she is light skinned
Colourism exists look at any magazine, promotion of beauty products and you will see that it is always fairer women. There are men who specifically state that they only date woman of mixed heritage - white & black, “lighties” as they are called in my neck of the hood.
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 1:38am On Oct 22, 2018
dingbang:
Missraine please can you describe the kind of man you are attracted to.
Ambitious and confident with an abundance of emotional intelligence everything else I can work around.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 1:41am On Oct 22, 2018
Uglymugg:
It's not discrimination. Discrimination would be to act as though they don't exist.
That’s your definition of discrimination? So being marginalised or completly excluded because you have darker skin tones is called what excatly?
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 5:49am On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s your definition of discrimination? So being marginalised or completly excluded because you have darker skin tones is called what excatly?
I personally prefer darker girls. There's something about them that brings out my primal instincts. I also like light skinned girls too, but I like dark skin more.
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 5:49am On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Ambitious and confident with an abundance of emotional intelligence everything else I can work around.

You can work around small dick? Be honest.
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 8:38am On Oct 22, 2018
Uglymugg:

You can work around small dick? Be honest.
This is simple to answer for a guy to gage his chances of success with me he would have gone through a mental checklist and that amongst other things would have been ticked as more than meets the average national requirements.
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

This is simple to answer for a guy to gage his chances of success with me he would have gone through a mental checklist and that amongst other things would have been ticked as more than meets the average national requirements.
What is the average national dick requirement size, in your opinion?
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by BlackAdam55(m): 8:45am On Oct 22, 2018
Nigeria women also do the same,some will tell you that they only date light skin men,or they only date white men.go to YouTube and see for yourselves

2 Likes

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MJBOLT: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2018
somebody will buy form before he can marry you

MissRaine69:

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by TheApologist: 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:
It's just a supposition. I do agree with the fact that in many occasions men seek out light-skinned ladies over dark-skinned ones but it's just a matter of choice and taste it's not like common to every man. I know a lot of guys who find light-skinned ladies very repulsive.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
Uglymugg:
What is the average national dick requirement size, in your opinion?
That’s a question you men will have to discuss and reach a consensus.
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by 2buffagain(m): 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
Team dark-skin and thick here. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

i thought you do only women? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s a question you men will have to discuss and reach a consensus.
Since I've known you, you have never given a straight forward answer to any question you're being asked.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
nwanneni:
i thought you do only women? undecided
Why does it matter to you so much which side I swing? Occasionally when I am exasperated I will engage sarcasm as that yields far better results than trying to be civil with people.
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
Uglymugg:
Since I've known you, you have never given a straight forward answer to any question you're being asked.
Maybe I do,you just ignore the obvious
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
BlackAdam55:
Nigeria women also do the same,some will tell you that they only date light skin men,or they only date white men.go to YouTube and see for yourselves
I included that point but it tends be women with darker skin tones that are viewed as unattractive both sociallly, in the media, beauty and fashion industry. Look at the beuty and fashion campaigns for black owned brands which one has a dark skinned model. Same for music videos? Why is skin bleaching a billion dollar industry in Africa?

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Maybe I do,you just ignore the obvious

You just did it again. You are not straight foward as a person.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by MissRaine69(f): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
Uglymugg:

You just did it again. You are not straight foward as a person.
Don't get too deep, it leads to over thinking, and over thinking leads to problems that do not even exist in the first place.

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
undecided
Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Uglymugg: 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Don't get too deep, it leads to over thinking, and over thinking leads to problems that do not even exist in the first place.

You're diverting now. Literally what I just talked about. You can't help it can you?

1 Like

Re: I Am Looking For A Tall/short Light Skinned by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 23, 2018
Whatever complexion your skin is, just keep it neat and glowing.

Problem is that when one doesn't shower well at least twice a day, the skin can be irritating to the eyes especially when the person is dark complexioned.

As for height, it matters to me. I can't deal with short people, they can be so difficult. Don't tell me not to generalize, I've dealt with many before to come to this conclusion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Is A Complete Wife Material Except That She Is Not Beautiful, I'm Confused / I'll Be Visiting Nigeria Soon. Any Nairalander Interested In Seeing Me? / Is It Proper For A Wife To Make Half-naked Videos Like This?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.