Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,255 members, 7,864,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211864 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2007
hey guys, posterity will never forgive me if i fail to commend your efforts especially in breaking the "witholding information" jinx that rocked the house. i am very proud of you guys and believe me, heaven will not rest until you are grossly favored. you are really your "brother's" keeper. those of u that have done theirs, i wish you success and for those of us that are yet to see the almighty assessment center, The Lord is our SHEPHERD!!! i will definitely face my warrant there next week, but know it that the final list will be incomplete without my name. kuwena, t-black and jbyno abi no be sooooooo?? i just clinched the 4th ticket!
1luv
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2007
Welcome on-board the NLNG Express Pisky! u r on seat no. 4. Congrats. and Congrats on starting the 14th page. Good luck on your assessment day! Just stay relaxed!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2007
chei! see wat's been happening behind me. pple how far?
i just claimed my own slot, i guess it shuld be seat no. 5
1 luv,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2007
wow, well just to drop a line, i believe all we need be doing now is thanking God for what He has done, He has already perfected all things that concerns us in NLNG, as long as God can never fail, having come this far in NLNG i cannot fail, my first slot remains intact, and i sincerely know by His grace first week of sept i will inform the house i have gotten my letter, one last line, God does not choose the qualified, He qualifies the choosen, I am choosen already by a divine mandate, all the best fellas,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2007
I like it when you say that God does not choose the qualified, but only the chosen. I like it very much. It resembles what I already know and say: 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no tink am.' From the foregoing, it is clear that what is important is not our qualification or lack of it, but that God has signed it. The Bible says: 'Who can prosper when the Lord has not commanded it?' So we see that the whole story of success is simply that of divine authority; our doing well is simply because God allows it. Of our own will and power, we are able to do nothing; but with the grace and power of God, we are able to everything. It makes us humble and reliant on God, and on God alone.

Secondly, our flight is filling up:
Seat One: @t-black
Seat Two: @jbyno
Seat Three: @kuwena
Seat Four: @pisky
Seat Five: @jenks

We wait for the others. The plane takes off sometime in September. Seat belts, please!

One love! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2007
I am curious. I recall that early on, someone said there were 3 centres, but so far, all we have heard is the FEDERAL PALACE HOTEL centre. Please, are there really other centres other than Federal Palace? Because, if there are, and we are 480 so to speak for Federal Palace, it means we are actually 480 times 3 left in the struggle. Does anyone feel me? Please I need accurate answers. Is there only one centre, and did the tests start on the 25th of June, and are we only just below 500? Please answer. @jbyno, do you know; what of you, @t-black, or @jenks, or anyone?!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
i'm sure it's just federal palace hotel cos all d pple i've heared from did their's there.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2007
Oh, I see. And I want so much to believe you. So it is only Federal palace, then. Thanks, @jenks, seat number five. Second question: When did the Assessment start?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hi NLNG hopeful, i really commend the effort of all those keeping this thread on the front page.Indeed  'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make them no think am'
1luv.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2007
@kuwena, i guess it started on 25th cos there were some fellows who said their's was 25th.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2007
If all you answer are true, @jenks, it then means we are likely to be 20x24x1=480. undecided
@eesah, welcome back. Long time. cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchycelly(f): 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hello everyone. cool I'v followed this thread 4 quite a long time though I'm sorry I'v not been very contributive. Nevertheless, I'm so happy to know there'll be such fun people like u guys at NLNG. I'll be sure to look for t-black, jbyno, kuwena, pisky and jenks. FYI, the 6th slot has just been taken. By me! That is 80 minus 6 which leaves 74. My assessment's coming up on the 18th of July. By God's grace, this thread will go on even after the Induction, though under a different topic. Something like, "How to invest our first NLNG package". I'd really like to meet u all there. One love! wink wink wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2007
my confidence grows daily whenever i visit this thread.i am to have mine on the 20th of july and i suspect that is d last day for d assessment center.from d experience of all of u guys i cant help but chant kuwena's soundtrack, e don sign am say we go make am, i claim d 6th slot 4 myself by faith.@kuwena ,pls be kind enough to send me your phone number.mine is 08033338394
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2007
uchycelly beat me to d 6th slot,but no long thing i claim d 7th.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2007
Well, well, what happy people. Don't I just love you all! I love all NLNG Hopefuls, especially those with flight reservations: @t-black, @jbyno, @kuwena, @pisky, @jenks, @uchycelly, @adrianic, seven in that order.

And for my loving fans, and all who care, my number is: 0 8 0 6 3 6 8 4 3 2 1

One love!

'E don sign am!'  wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2007
wow wow! how comes i forget to announce my NLNG flight ticket number since.Well mine read slot 8, i guess that is window side where i can ve clear view of the beautiful landscape.lol, truelly 'E don sign am
1luv.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2007
hi all,
the level of spiritualityin the house has grown inmensely lately and i really commend each and evryone for finding their way back to God.
i want the house to look at it mathematically,total no of candidates for dis stage is like 500,20 are been interview daily which suggest tht the company will spend good 25days on dis assessment.80 candidates are needed(hope thier is nobody in the house dt is still doubtin the number of people they want),with dis,it means that out of evry 20 candidates only 3.2 will be choosen daily, tis is just something for evryone to ponder on and serves as a reminder to those of us that will be choosen evntually that,once we av dis job,remember to contribute to humanity and neva 4get ur God too for takin u dis far in life.
well to kuwena and the like,i will claim the 50th position on the flight to nlng,cos al i need to do is to be on the plane,neva minding the position, i would av taken the last sit but i dnt wana risk it ab?all d best and stay tite, one love
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2007
I am about to retire for the day. But just before I go I'd like to say this: From observation, I see that Which Way NLNG? is now the fastest growing thread on nairaland.com, entering a new page each three days maximum. (By Saturday, we should be entering page 15, and page 16 by Wednesday next week; and page 18 by Wednesday two weeks from now, and so on). We are proud of this achievement. Firstly, I thank Seun Osewa, a person I have come to love and respect, for his foresight in starting nairaland.com, that supports our thread; I also thank all the NLNG Hopefuls that post on this thread regularly, like @jbyno; @jenks; @pisky; @annify4eva (who is yet to make a flight reservation); @sequoia (who is also yet to pick one); @eesah, and @kuwena (my humble self); I also thank those NLNG Hopefuls who started with us, but somehow could not go along; I want to say that your futures are still very colourful, and I know that you will all eventually get there. I want to observe as well that this thread of ours, Which Way NLNG?, has been a source of positive inspiration to all NLNG Hopefuls, and an envy, I am sure, to those who are not aboard our luxury flight. Please, NLNG Hopefuls, keep posting. I trust this thread will endure even after September when we must have started working with NLNG; the title will not change - I pray it does not; and when we close for each day at work - we will all have laptops connected to the internet by then; how much is that, anyway? - we would still use this site as a keep-in-touch thread, to discuss our shared concerns as the newest Trainees in NLNG; we will keep in touch from all our stations: Those in Bonny will talk to those on Victoria Island; those in Maitama will chat with those in PortHarcourt; @jbyno will send me a goodwill message, and I will tell it to the rest; @jenks will whisper to @pisky, but we all will hear. It will be like what the Psalmist said: 'No voice, no speech, yet their message goes out to all the world.' And soon we shall have pages and pages of the historic NLNG calling; the living testament that once upon a time, certain individuals answered the call of the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Company, and decided to tell the world of it. This is a prophesy. And my daily rosaries concur.

'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o! Na wa destiny, make dem no tink am!'

E go be now; later.  smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2007
really love the spirit in all you fellas,yeah there is only one center, which is \federal palace,the last date of assessment looks like 20th July.We are about 480, So by last week in July compilation would have started, My hope is in God, no shaking for my first slot, really hope to see Jalo,kwuena,jbyno and all nairalanders in Training school, One love buddies.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2007
Hey People, its so nice and refreshing wen i come online and see such lovely posts by the various NLNG hopelfuls! I cant wait to meet some of those i havn't seen yet. Well, 480 people left; 80 needed; approx. 3 people accepted a day! OK O! God dey! cool I dont think we should bother with all this stats anyway. We'll be there finally. I think Uchycelly is right, the question now is what we are going to do with the first package? cheesy grin

@kuwena, u are such a gud writer. You compose so easily and eloquently.
To sign off, wishin all those that havnt done theirs yet, Gud Luck!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2007
What's all this talk about three per day? Could it be that there could be four chosen on three days, and two chosen on three others; could it be there could be six chosen on one day, and none on another? I do not think there has to be three chosen from each day. There could be a day when only one human being could be chosen! Anyway, let us just keep believing.

Talking about believing, there are certain things about us as humans that threaten to debase us, make us feel less about ourselves than we ought; these things I call the ethers that inspire pessimism; these things are those aspects about us that we wish we could change or make better, or forget.

Perhaps when you recall your interview scenario, you pick on something that you feel you didn't go quite right, and you say to yourself that maybe because of that thing, they may not pick you. If these ethers come up, try to speak to them; speak positive words to your pessimism, and watch it simply melt away.

Above all, I want you to realize that there is a lot of God in the plan, and you have to continually tap into Him. We are talking of 80; who knows, it may please Him to make them pick 100, or even 120. Nothing is too difficult for God. If only you believe. Seek His face, while He may yet be found.

All the best.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2007
its amazing how we all run to God in dire moments of our lives.the spirituality going on here is so good.i can feel success even though mine is on d last day.i have absolutely no doubt dt success is ours because HE who has begun d  work in us will surely confirm it.i am sure we have made promises to God while asking 4 HIS help.we owe HIM a duty to keep these promises and never let d cash and glamour put us into sin.lets always keep our heads high in HIM.as kuwena already observed,there is no need bugging our heads about d number nlng needs.all i know is dt if they need only 10,my name will be among.for those still waiting to have theirs ,be confident and hope in GOD,one of HISgreatest attributes is dt He ONLY BELIEVEnever starts what He wont finish.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2007
Adrian, I thank you for your text message earlier today. I thank you as well for you post, that talked about the wisdom of faith. Indeed, like I always say, there is a lot of God in this thing. We need to be strong. You know what the Psalmist said? He said: 'Yahweh, more and more people are turning against me; more and more people are rebelling against me; more and more people are saying about me, ''there is no help for him in his God''; but Yahweh, my encircling shield, You help me hold up my head' (Psalm 3 vs 1 & 2). This is the time when we must begin to hold up our heads if we already have not, or continue doing so, if we have. Holding up our heads in this regard does not simply refer to being spunky or resilient; it also refers to looking within to try to understand what is going on in our lives, and why what is going on is going on. It means trying to adjust our perceptions, our thought processes, and to make good decisions; decisions that will avail us of the right character responses to difficult situations. There is a fear of heights in most people that is both physical and psychological. The fear of succeeding is the psychological fear of heights; and some people do have this fear. They fear that something bad may happen to them when they move on up, so they stay low and watch others succeed, content with being the enviers, the player haters and all what not.

Others, on the other hand, steadily move up higher in life, daily mastering the difficulties they have within, confronting the ethers that inspire pessimism, and the demons that throttle our growth and development. We are our own healers. St. Paul advises us to work out our salvation in fear and trembling; we are to become more aware of the liberating and saving presence of our God. There are examples that abound in this regard:

1. The case of Elijah, a man of God: The story goes that King Ahab, an evil king, sent his captain of fifty men, a formidable cohort, to Elijah to capture him. The captain and his fifty men went to where Elijah was on the hill, probably praying to Yahweh. The captain of the guard of fifty said to Elijah, 'Man of God, come down here at once, for the King has sent us to bring you speedily.' Elijah retorted, 'If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume both you and your fifty men.' My bible tells me that at once there came fire from heaven to consume both him and his fifty men. The king sent another captain of fifty men; the second captain and his fifty men went up to Elijah on the hill and said to him, 'Man of God, come down here at once, for the king has sent us to capture you.' Elijah retorted, 'If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume both you and your fifty men.' My bible again tells me that immediately, there came fire from heaven to consume both him and his fifty men. Another story of Elijah was that of the prophets of Baal. Elijah was the only prophet left, but the prophets of Baal were four hundred and fifty (450); Elijah felt a little scared, but he was brave and challenged the prophets of Baal to a contest; he said that the God which would answer by fire would be their God. The prophets of Baal were given their bull, which they slaughtered and placed on their altar; they called upon Baal for long hours, but Baal refused to answer them. Elijah mocked them; he said, 'Call upon Baal, for he is a god; only that he may be sleeping.' Imagine a God that sleeps! The prophets of Baal gashed themselves with lances and spears and cried unto Baal; they said, 'O Baal hear us!' But there was no reply; Elijah mocked them. He said, 'Call upon Baal, for he is a god; only that he may have traveled.' Imagine a god that travels! And the prophets of Baal called upon their God for hours; they called and called and called, but there was no reply. Elijah mocked them further. He said, 'Call upon Baal for he is a god; the only thing is that he may be visiting with friends.' Imagine a god that visits with friends! And the prophets of Baal called and called and called, but there was no response. And they gave up. Then Elijah called the people about him and rebuilt the altar of Yahweh with twelve stones which represented the twelve tribes of Israel. He slaughtered the bull and commanded that water be thrown upon; they threw water up to three times so much so that the water became a trench round about the offering. Then Elijah called upon Yahweh, and he did so with all his heart. At once, there came fire from heaven to consume the burnt offering, with the wood, and the water and everything that was on top of the twelve stones. The God of our fathers had visited him. And Elijah cried out, 'Lay hold of all the prophets of Baal; do not let any one escape.' So all the four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal were slaughtered that day, but Yahweh was glorified. It reminds me of Psalm 115: 'Not to us, Yahweh; not to us, but to Your name be the glory, for the sake of Your love and Your truth, lest the heathen begin to ask where our God is; but our God is in heaven doing what he likes, whereas their gods are of silver and of gold, the products of human skill, which have eyes but cannot see; ears but cannot hear; mouth but cannot speak; hands but cannot touch; feet but cannot walk, and there is not a breath in their throats; their makers will come to be like them, and so will all who trust in them. Israel put your trust in Yahweh, our help and our shield; Aaron, put your trust in Yahweh, our help and our shield; you that fear the Yahweh put your trust in Him, our help and our shield.'

2. The story of David: The bible tells us that in the land of Judah, there lived a man called Jesse who had many sons; but when the Prophet Samuel came to anoint one of his children, it was the least, out in the fields, that he did; this David was a warrior and a man of God. One day, he came to the camp of the Israelites as they fought with the Phillistines. There was an arrogant tramp there by the name Goliath. Goliath boasted that he could destroy anyone who dared to fight him from the camp of the Israelites. David was visiting his brothers, who were of the Israelite camp at the time, having brought them food and drink. He saw the vain Phillistine and was irritated. He said, 'Who is this fellow that dares to speak so fellonly about the army of Yahweh? For daring to speak so, I shall fight him.' Everyone told him it was impossible, but he cared not. He went to Saul and asked for permission to fight the foolish Goliath. After a brief argument with Saul, which included rejection of the armour offered David by him, David marched forth with a sling and five stones to meet Saul. Saul asked, 'Am I a dog that you come to me with a sling? I shall feed you to the vultures!' David said, 'You come to me with spear and javelin and all what not; but I come to you in the name of Yahweh, the God you have dared to insult.' And wack! The Phillistine was dead in a minute. Glory to God! The Bible tells us that David went on to be a mighty king, and precursor to the Saviour Jesus the Christ. Indeed, even when Saul turned against him, the bible tells us that 'as the House of David grew stronger and stronger, the House of Saul grew weaker and weaker'.

3. The story of Gideon: Gideon was a small man; he belonged to the last family of the last tribe of Israel. The bible tells us that one day when he was threshing the wheat, the angel of the Lord came up to him and said: 'Thou valiant one, I greet you!' Gideon said, 'I? Valiant? I who am the last of the last family of the last tribe of the enslaved nation of Israel?' The angel encouraged him nonetheless even with signs and assured him that Yahweh had chosen him to be the delieverer of Israel. With faith, hence, Gideon marched out with three hundred men and conquered the entire enemy army of hundreds of thousands of men.

Indeed, what is it that God cannot do for us, if we believe? The Bible tells us that if our faith be as small as a mustard seed we shall say to this mountain, 'Be thou removed and cast into the sea, and it will obey [us].' The disciples asked, 'How, Lord?' And Jesus replied, 'For men it is impossible; but not for God, because with God all things are possible.' Just believe. When the blind man called to Jesus for healing, Jesus turned to him, and the first question he asked the blind man was, 'Do you believe that I can do this?' The blind man said, 'I believe; help my little faith,' and Jesus cured him, asking him to go, that his faith had made him well. Alleluia!

Fellow NLNG Hopefuls, just believe. 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o! Na wa destiny, make dem no tink am!

I believe.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2007
Another thing we must learn now is how to manage success. Even though the bible tells us: 'Be not deceived, it is only faith that moves God,' I must inform you that humilty moves Him as well. Jesus said, 'Be ye wise as serpents and GENTLE as doves.' Some people see success as a leeway to begin to oppress and harry others. It is not. One of the reasons why good things do not happen to certain individuals is that they will never be able to manage it. You know there are some people that when we see them, we say: 'Ol' boy, good thing no go fit you-o!' And it is true that some people become worse when good things get to them; so their spirits naturally work against good things coming to them; they want everyone to envy them, just as they love to envy others, thus setting concentric chains of envy and oppression; both of which are abhorrent to Yahweh, who 'resists the proud and favours the humble'. Indeed, the person who would have been a vice chancellor of a Nigerian university (name withheld) was once upon a time my neighbour back in Owerri. The day he got his appointment letter, either due to over excitement or what I know not, he just suffered a heart attack and slumped and died. Again, we have heard of people who win lotteries, only to splurge and end up worse than when they had never even knew a lottery existed.

Please, let us pray for the grace to manage success. Yes, we all know that NLNG is a big thing, but we must be able to manage it in such a way that it does not seem like a big deal anymore. There are some people who have not even got something yet, and they already are becoming obnoxious to their fellows as if they have got it already. This is bad. If we exalt ourselves, we will be reduced; but if we humble - not debase, please - ourselves, we will be lifted. let us learn to be humble.

We are like beauty pageant contestants who have reached the finals and are waiting for the results. You see how they hold one another tightly? Please, let us hold each other by posting on this thread. Let us not be weary of posting on this thread. I beg you, for all our good, let us post on this thread, everyday. @jbyno, I beg you; @jenks, I beg you; @sequoia, I beg and implore you; @pisky, I beg you; all NLNG Hopefuls let us hold one another tightly. These are perilious times. I beg you. Post on this thread. Everyday.

I will send you next an inspirational writing I received fromo dailyom.com.

I love you all.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2007
In almost every case, we know what is best for us in our lives, from the relationships we create to the food we eat. Still, somewhat mysteriously, it is often difficult to make the right choices for ourselves. We find ourselves hanging out with someone who leaves us feeling drained or choosing to eat fast food over a salad. We go through phases where we stop doing yoga or taking vitamins, even though we feel so much better when we do. Often we have no idea why we continue to make the less enlightened choice, but it is important that we inquire into ourselves to find out.

When we choose that which is not best for us, the truth can be that there is a deep seated part of us that does not want to heal. We may say it’s because we don’t have the time or the energy or the resources, but the real truth is that when we don’t take care of ourselves we are falling prey to self-sabotage. Self-sabotage happens unconsciously, which is why it’s so difficult to see that we are doing it. The important thing to realize is that this very part of us that resists our healing is the part that most needs our attention and love. Even as it appears to be working against us, if we can simply bring it into the light of our consciousness, it can become our greatest ally. It carries the information we need to move to the next level in our healing process.

When we recognize that we are not making healthy choices, we might even say out loud, “I am not taking care of myself.” Sometimes this is the jolt we need to wake up to what is actually happening. Next we can sit ourselves down in meditation, with a journal, or with a trusted friend to explore the matter more thoroughly. Just shining the light of our awareness on the source of our resistance is sometimes enough to dispel its power. At other times, further effort is required. Either way, we need not fear these parts that do not want to heal. We only need to take them under our wing and bring them with us into the
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2007
And one more thing. I am talking too much again, but I know I must say this: It is easier to accept from God that which we have already begun to visualize. It is also easier to live in certain conditions that we already h ave begun to see as normal; which is why it is easier for those who already have jobs to move from job to job; but even for those who do not already have jobs; when they so believe that they have jobs, it becomes a spiritual reality for them, and only needs translation into the physical. Even Jesus said, 'When you pray for something, believe that you already have it and it will come to you.' So, each day believe - truly believe, without doubting - that you are a staffer of NLNG, and very soon it will become a reality that cannot be shaken.

'They that believe (in God) are like Mount Zion that CANNOT be shaken' (Psalm 125 v 1). smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2007
I am about to sign off for the day. But before I go, I must tell this story. Some of you do not know Oprah well enough to know how she became who she is today (and for those that say Dangote is richer than she is, I must say that it is my opinion that nothing could be farther from the truth). But the story I am about to tell of her is from the time when she was not yet who she is now, but still a struggling young woman; I am about to tell a story of how she became great. I am telling this story because someone out there may be asking, 'Can God make me work in NLNG; even me?' The story goes thus:

When Oprah Winfrey was growing up, she dreamed of being great. She had suffered a terrible childhood and early adolescence that had been checkered with sexual molestation and emotional strife. She wanted out of that maze of defeatism. About this time, she got to read a novel - which has now become a global best seller - titled The Color Purple, by Alice Walker. It was the story of a girl who had suffered most of the things that Oprah had, and still, despite the grimness of sexual exploitation and emotional deprivation, become a success.

Soon enough, a popular Hollywood Director, Steven Spielberg, decided to convert the book into a film. He called for people to come do the auditioning. By this time, Oprah had so read the book that it had become part of her life (even when she never suspected the book would be a film); she attended the auditioning as a matter of course. Then she went home. Some time went by, and she heard nothing from Steven Spielberg, though she continued to worry if she had succeeded or not.

One day, as the story went, she was in her aunty's garden, weeding and singing to God. The song she was singing was:

I surrender all (2ce)
All to thee my blessed savior
I surrender all.

She wanted only the will of God to be done in her life. And having waited for that of man, she was justified in wanting this. So, as she continued to weed and sing, she felt a certain peace within. Then her aunty hurried into the garden shouting, 'Oprah, you've got a call on the phone; Oprah? I say you've got a call on the phone!' Oprah at once stopped weeding and singing, and hurried to take the call. It was from Steven Spielberg. He said, 'Am I on to Oprah Winfrey?, Yes, ? Okay. Well, you've just passed the screening; could you come to my office in California to take the role?' Oprah couldn't believe it; but it was happening.

Well, to cut a long story short, the film from Alice Walker's book, The Color Purple, did become reality, and such a reality that it made global hit charts and won an Oscar. It shot Oprah to universal limelight, like it did Whoopi Goldberg, who also starred in it. Cashing in on that global popularity, thenceforth, Oprah went on to launch herself into a super successful television show (The Oprah Winfrey Show) that is now about the best thing that has ever happened to the global tube.

And how did it all begin? By surrendering herself up to GOD.

Guys, I'm outta here. See y'all later! smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2007
kuwena,d Godfather,i cannot agree less with u.u have said all there is to be said.when we started this journey,we were over 18000 persons.i was so scared when i got to my centre in lagos.d number of pple i saw there scared d hell out of me taking into consideration my deficiency in mathematics.i am a lawyer.i saw so many pple making a show of their prowess not only in maths but also in their internal NLNG connection.i wrote dt exam because i felt i had come too far to waste my transport fare from abuja to lagos.it was indeed d greatest surprise of my life when i got a phone call barely 3 weeks later  intimating me of my success.d point i am making is dt d battle is definitely not of d strong but of God who shows mercy.let us pray 4 ourselves hoping 4 d best and  also 4 all humble colleagues who started this journey but did not make it through.may God grant them favours dt would surpass their own understanding.Amen.i cant forget dt angel called sweetestjoy who was such a beacon of hope especially after dt 2nd stage.her tip came in handy.may God bless her.once again 4 all NLNG hopefuls,i remembe at this juncture a song by a guy named fada, 'who wan curse d man wey Jesus don bless?', i dare say nobody.wey dem ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2007
hi all! the more i visit the domain, the more i look forward to my assessment date(18/07/2007) with great enthusiasm. i am so elated knowing that there are still people out there who look unto God and not men, because men will always be men, they will fail and disappoint you but God will not fail us irrespective of the situation we find ourselves in. He has only asked us to do one very small thing (have faith and trust in him) and leave the rest to him. He also said through the psalmist, that if men could do good, how much more Him who is the owner of good? I know for sure there is just one thing that is impossible for God to do and it is  for HIM TO LIE because i have known all my life that HE CANNOT LIE! his word is spirit and flesh and since he has spoken it in spirit that I should ask and i will receive, which i have done, i simply await the manifestation of that spirit (word) in flesh. That day will be some time in the first week of september when i will receive my employment letter signed by one NWANA C.C. (mrs.) begging me to resume sometime within the month. And that will be the portion of all active hopefuls in the house, say amen to that prayer and catch the great faith fever!!!!!
my song every day is:

av never seen you Lord disappointing me (2x)
Your word is yes! Your word is amen!
av never seen you Lord disappointing me

And I am inestimably sure He will never disappoint me.

@jbyno!! that your theory of picking 3 successful people everyday is not true, i was reliably informed that we are assessed based on certain criteria set by them and that it is possible for a whole group, or some individual(s) in the group to make it and vise-versa. these criteria we do not know, all we need do is be ourselves and measure against these standards and if you measure up you are successfull but if you don't, reverse will be the case. so you see why we should not look anywhere else but heaven from whence comes our help!!!!

@uchycelly!! we go eat LNG beans together that day grin grin grin but seriously, keep faith with Him that is gr8er than all others and He will never fail you because He is not a man!!!!

Have fun and keep the tempo everybody till i get back from lag next wkend to join you : cool cool. till then its 1LUV
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2007
@Pisky safe journey and best of luck.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by roshmedia(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2007
Hello guys

i am in and feeling all you guys doing all this good things for others. well i just want to say thanks anyway. best of luck to you guys. i am yet to take my assessment: my date is 16th, anyone else for then?

And b4 i confirm my ticket [ i had it since the first day i wrote the first test at Unilag], a guy here beside me is saying that this point is when the nepotism monster puts in its head and tries to rob us of our hard and long struggle to be a staff of nlng, i just told him to remember that life in Nigeria is usually like that, just assume that the nepotism issue is just like when you tried to get into a university, after they picked the big guy people, they still needed to put guys with brains on the team so the system wont crash. so i am just goner be one of those brains coming in.

i would have liked to sit beside the driver in front, but the 1st sit seems to be taken. i am just goner pick the sit behind adrianic, so that makes me no 8th. who goner pick the no 0 sit so we can make 80 straight off? cheesy

and i been thinking about coming together later in nlng and making a book from this pages for everyone to keep as a memorabilia.

a message to nlng: its been nice facing the challenges you have been throwing at us all this while, and your staff has been wonderful and accommodating. i just hope and pray you give us a nice working environment when we come in later on so we can serve Nigeria with our intelligence and dedication. i tell you this guys here in nairaland are as good as any expatriate you can get. just wait!

@ kuwena, you said you took a taxi from festac, were you refunded? cos that will be best for me considering that i have to fight the traffic from my place, and where you given transport back home [you know, ABC and the wagon you took to kano]?

@house, just now i said a prayer that each of us will be rewarded with a place in nlng as much as we have faith in the certainty of it and to the level of our ability to contribute to its growth. [successful indeed are the believers Q23v1] amen.

i need to start jacking some interview prep. stuff i found on the net, see u later.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2007
grin grin grin hi all,
i just wanted to commend kuwena's frantic effort towards making this thread hit its 15th page. well since he didnt succeed in doing that, it does not mean he has failed, but that someone may have to do it and if mine pulls thru, then know it that i did it to keep you happy. show some gratitude by just smiling!!!!

@eesaah, thanx very much and Godbless you!! just give me that smile!!! cheerrsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.