Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (209718 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2007
This is reaching out to fellow Landers whose hearts are beating expectantly for NLNG. No wa - God dey. Is it to be a 3rd test or a 1st interview? An NLNG guy at my centre said that if the number of those that pass the just-concluded second test is great, there will be a third; if not, we move straight to interviews. Please post words of encouragement on this thread to all NLNG hopefuls. If you post here, we will see you at the training school. Na prayer be that. One love!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by alligator(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2007
hi.i did the 2nd test in port harcourt and i was reliably informed by a staff of NLNG that the next stage will be an Assessment center and we will be given allowances for transport cos there'll be fewer candidates.For more info on what goes on at an assessment centre,pls go to shl.com.
best of luck.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Goodleader(m): 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2007
BY GOD' GRACE WE SHALL MAKE IT
Re: Which Way Nlng? by milestone: 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2007
God is on the throne.
See u guys @ training school.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by auwal87(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2007
Amen-o! Our NLNG thread is growing. I guess we all now have to find out what an assessment center is at shl.com. God bless all NLNG hopefuls! One love forever!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2007
Alligator, abeg, which one be assessment center; na interview abi na test?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by drunky: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2007
fellows,
we expect the expectance. hearts are full of ups and downs,
reliable source says that the results are out!!!
failure occurred but needs to be scrutized.
houselanders, keep ur fingers cross for the next step.
dont say drunky says, b next week xpect mails for next stage.
cheers, hope to see successful landers @ venue,

shockedshocked
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jephy2002(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2007
dont worry, it is well with all of us. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by ignology: 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thanx alot Alligator, We all hope that it works out well with us, No wahala jaree, we shall make it, see ya in training school!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Gbasso: 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2007
hei my guys, nothing dey hapen. Meet u guys at the training School. But abeg, any nairalander with what the assessment shit looks like should relay it to others. Could it be like shell Recuritment Day? (SRD). God blees Ya
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Oshebaba: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2007
Assessment centre is something similar to what Shell uses for recruitment.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by babyfaze09: 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2007
Nairalanders,

Which one does Shell use? Let us not speak in parables. We are here to help ourselves.

Could please give us an insite on what Shell uses?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2007
please someone should help tell us the one shell uses.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by oboywhynow: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2007
Hello.
This is what the assessment center consists of.

The "assessment centre" is a process where:

Several candidates will be present (typically 6-12).

Candidates are assessed against a number of job dimensions & competencies and by several assessors

Multiple methods of assessment are used, including

ability tests

personality and motivation questionnaires

simulation exercises ( includes group, in-tray, fact finding and analysis presentation exercises and tests of productive thinking)

interviews

There are many advantages associated with the use of Assessment centres.

They provide a more comprehensive overview of candidate strengths and limitations than any single method

They are standardised, so every candidate has the same opportunities to demonstrate their skills

They are more objective than interviews alone which may be biased by the interviewers’ interpretations

They allow the candidates to show a range of abilities in a variety of different situations; performance on all the different exercises is taken into account

Simulation exercises are designed to imitate a particular task or skill needed for the target job.

It is clear what kinds of skills are being assessed.

Although they may be taxing, simulation exercises are often enjoyable to do.

The tasks and skills that may be assessed using simulation exercises are varied, so there is considerable variation in the kinds of materials, scenarios and other people involved from exercise to exercise.

Different types of simulation exercise include:

[list]
[li]in-trays
tests of productive thinking
group exercises
presentations
fact-finding exercises
role plays[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

in-trays

In-trays or in-baskets involve working from the contents of a manager’s in-tray, which typically consists of letters, memos and background information. You may be asked to deal with paperwork and make decisions, balancing the volume of work against a tight schedule.

For example: You are asked to take over the role of Public Relations Manager of a company who is organising a stand at an exhibition. Your tasks are based around organising the stand, touching on issues such as personnel, finance and marketing.

tests of productive thinking

These tests look at the volume, diversity and originality of your ideas. You are presented with open-ended questions relating to various problems and situations, and are asked to generate responses within a time limit.

For example: You are given a scenario in which shop floor workers in a factory have expressed low job satisfaction, and staff turnover is high. You are asked to generate as many ideas as you can of ways to increase staff morale within a limited budget.

group exercises

Group exercises are timed discussions, where a group of participants work together to tackle a work-related problem. Sometimes you are given a particular role within a team, for example sales manager or personnel manager. Other times there will be no roles allocated. You are observed by assessors, who are not looking for right or wrong answers, but for how you interact with your colleagues in the team.

For example: You role-play a member of the marketing team for a pharmaceutical company. The team is required to discuss the launch of a new consumer product, covering issues such as advertising, ethical concerns and packaging and pricing.

presentations

You may be required to make a formal presentation to a number of assessors. In some cases this will mean preparing a presentation in advance on a given topic. In other cases, you may be asked to interpret and analyse given information, and present a case to support a decision.

For example: You are asked to make a decision about the proposed relocation of the head office of an electronics equipment manufacturer. You present your recommendations, fully explaining the reasoning, and are then questioned by the assessor about your decision.

fact-finding exercises

In a fact-finding exercise, you may be asked to reach a decision starting from only partial knowledge. Your task is to decide what additional information you need to make the decision, and sometimes also to question the assessor to obtain this information.

For example: You take on the role of a Regional Manager in a holiday company, dealing with a customer complaint. You are asked to decide what further information you need in order to reach a decision, and have a time limit in which you can question the assessor to obtain this information, before presenting your fully reasoned argument.

role plays

In a role play, you are given a particular role to assume for a certain task. The task will involve dealing with a role player in a certain way, and there will be an assessor watching the role play.

For example: You take on the role of a new manager in a brewery, and as part of your induction programme, you are required to have a meeting/phone call with a client whose account is going to be your special responsibility to manage. You need to introduce yourself and find out if the client has any issues which need sorting out. If there are, you need to explain to the client what you are going to do about them.

3 Likes

Re: Which Way Nlng? by Mosetra(f): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2007
Hey nairalanders!

Let's be hopeful and trust in God. He sure makes everything beautiful in His time. And the time has come to beautify our lives with that NLNG job.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Yoba(f): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2007
God has promised neva to fail us.Thru His Ressurection, we shall also ressurect to a brighter future with NLNG. Amen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2007
@oboywhynow
Thanks a million for that information.We pray and hope we get to the assessment centre soon.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eyitee: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2007
God dey oh! but ol boy which one be assessment center anoda SHL wahala again? dem no dey tire? Anyways se una for the bank ahen i dey go collect my 1st pay,
HOLLA!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by seniorak47(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2007
@ oboywhynow, thanx for the in-depth info. that was quite selfless of you. I only hope those of us expecting to hear from NLNG, accepts whatever the outcome is, in good fate. The last time I saw a similar posting on this thread was from Joy after her second test. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by milestone: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2007
@ oboywhynow
tanx 4 d post.wz rly enlightening.

To all hopefuls.
In God we should trust 4 & place our hopes.letz av faith cos even wit d faith of a mustard seed,we can move mountains.
See u guys @ training school.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by amachiks(m): 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2007
The same power that raised Jesus up from the sealed tomb of the Romam empire will also see us through. Since Our Lord Jesus Christ was unable to be stopped from rising after the 3rd day; so also all of us that trust in His power can not be stopped. Alleliuah!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by lummy2enny: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2007
hi guyz,thanks 4 the information and the encouragement,we shall all make it to LNG in JESUS name.AMEN. C u guyz by august 1st when they will be have the induction 4 the new intake.pray to b one of us ,cause my own name is there already.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by muyismart(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2007
This is for all NLNG hopefuls,

1 Thessalonians 5:18

It is well!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by saliat(f): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2007
oboywhynow,thanks so much 4 the hint on what the assesment centre comprises of.God bless you.Here's wishing all nairalanders the best.God is still on the throne and i believe He'll perfect that which concerns us.See you at the top.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by paulloo: 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2007
oboywhynow, thanks for taking your time to explain the whole assessment stuff .God bless you.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by segxy1: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2007
kuwena, never mind, either assessment centre or interview i'm very very optimistic and strongly believe that HE who has brought us this far on NLNG recruitment exercise, will accomplish HIS work in our lives. We will all meet at the training school, and i learnt its training is not in Nigeria, but America or Uk.

I leave u guys with this word of encouragement:Those who know God shall wax strong and do great exploit. If u want to be among the fellow that will soaring high with me in LNG ve faith in your GOD.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by igelola: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2007
hi,tell me have you heard anything like MOPLNG.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by geode(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2007
Yes, by God's grace, we shall make it.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by milestone: 1:24am On Apr 13, 2007
Amen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2007
This is a hint: A friend of mine recently attended an Assessment Center exercise with Schlumberger. Some of the things he encountered include:

1. He was asked to do some on-the-job activity, like coupling devises (he read engineering) and so on.
2. There were other candidates present, and they helped to criticize his work.
3. They asked him questions on his field of study (i.e enigineering) and about his frame of mind at the center.
4. He was asked to make a power-point presentation about himself and all what not, like why he wanted to work for SLB and so on.
5. He was assessed based on his performance.

Also, I read a little from www.shl.com, and got to discover that the Assessment Center basically tests one's suitableness to a paricular job; for example, through behaviour tests and ability tests, they try to discover:
1. If you are psychologically attuned to the job
2. If you have the motivation and the flair
3. If you have the capacity, and can work efficiently on the team
4. If you can work u nder pressure, and so on.

I think it will be fun, somehow.

Be positive all the way. Che sera sera.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2007
And by the way, I think we can start expecting our third letters anytime from next week. That is, if their 'three weeks' is to be believed.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by keencons(m): 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2007
Help me on the job vacancies of 12th apr 2007 advert on gurdian news including the positions and experience required. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.