Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,235 members, 7,829,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) (2836 Views)

Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa / Reno Omokri Reacts To Punch Story That Jonathan Will Submit APC Forms Today / Gbagi: Jonathan’s Administration, Best In Nigeria History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by martyns303(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
There has been debate as to if Jonathan's administration paid for the rehabilitation of the said airports, and if he did why did it take so long to complete.

On this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4809439/stop-claiming-port-harcourt-terminal-project

seanfer argued why a contract signed since 2013 wasn't completed before Jonathan left office.

By now we all know that the projects were co-founded by the Chinese and Nigerian government. the Nigerian government was to provide $100m for the project.

Below is the letter showing the full $100m transfer made, as can be seen on the date, payment was made January 29 2014. Of course the project can't start immediately the payment was made, it took a couple of months for the project to start, this not the doing of the Nigerian government, but the Chinese coming through on their own end, and also moving necessary material to site.

Let's assume the project started 2 months after the payment was made. From March 2014 to May 2015 when Jonathan handed over to Buhari is not up to the 18 months the project was expected to complete.

lalasticlala

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by rusher14: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
A simple photograph of the site as at May 29, 2015 would have saved you all the grammar.

15 Likes

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by rusher14: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2018
The letter is vague.

CCECC is involved various projects thus we cannot deduce what that letter supports even if we might consider its legitimacy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by martyns303(m): 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2018
rusher14:
A simple photograph of the site as at May 29, 2015 would have saved you all the grammar.

your position is understandable, if you were a regular flyer, you would have seen the work done on the new terminal of the Lagos international airport. Or you didn't pay attention.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by lionness(f): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
Seems GEJ paid for every accomplishment of Buhari. The way some people just hate Buhari, and the SW for voting the man, you will think it is their sole mission in life. Yet Buhari and Atiku are both Fulani and once in the same party. Talk about ultimate confusion and double standards

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by LamidiCownu: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2018
martyns303:
There has been debate as to if Jonathan's administration paid for the rehabilitation of the said airports, and if he did why did it take so long to complete.

On this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4809439/stop-claiming-port-harcourt-terminal-project

seanfer argued why a contract signed since 2013 wasn't completed before Jonathan left office.

By now we all know that projects were co-founded by the Chinese government and the Nigerian government. the Nigerian government was to provide $100m for the project.

Below is the letter showing the full $100m transfer made, as can be seen on the date, payment was made January 29 2014. Of course the project can't start immediately the payment was made, it took a couple of months for the project to start, this not the doing of the Nigerian government, but the Chinese coming through on their own end, and also moving necessary material to site.

Let's assume the project started 2 months after the payment was made. From March 2014 to May 2015 when Jonathan handed over to Buhari is not up to the 18 months the project was expected to complete. The question we should be asking is, why didn't this present administration follow up the project with enthusiasm to make sure it was completed as scheduled.

lalasticlala
This is Enugu-Abakaliki expressway ipob propaganda.
Just show us the picture of the airport as at May 29 2015.
January 2014 to May 2015 is sha about 14months. And the project ought to be about 80% completed considering the fact that the construction was meant to be for 18months.

The osu op should thank me later for the free education !!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Derawiz(m): 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2018
Everyone knows that this administration can not point to any project started and completed by them..I don't blame them,I only blame some unrepentant foolhardy individuals who are blindly campaigning for this failed administration at the expense of their future all because of mere peanuts !!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2018
Una president no get certificate, una dey here dey argue because of one airport terminal...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by rusher14: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
martyns303:

your position is understandable, if you were a regular flyer, you would have seen the work done on the new terminal of the Lagos international airport. Or you didn't pay attention.

Why are you bringing Lagos airport to a strictly PH international airport matter?
You want me to start showing my frequent flyer card or what?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by martyns303(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
LamidiCownu:

This is Enugu-Abakaliki expressway ipob propaganda.
Just show us the picture of the airport as at May 29 2015.
January 2014 to May 2015 is sha about 14months. And the project ought to be about 80% completed considering the fact that the construction is meant to be for 18months.

The osu op should thank me later for the free education !!

Come on man, Payment was made in January doesn't mean work started immediately. Have you ever embarked on a project before? talk more a project of such magnitude? 3 airport upgrade simultaneously? smh!!!! please say something else

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Derawiz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
fuckerstard:
Una president no get certificate, una dey here dey argue because of one airport terminal...

Do you mind them,the so called learned but grossly myopic members of BMC have sold away this future of their generations unborn because of mere 30k...

They claim to be learned yet are being ruled by someone who presented NEPA bill as his certificate..

A perfect analogy of being cursed by the heavens they are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by ITbomb(m): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
And they are still asking what Jonathan did with oil money even after commissioning projects Jonathan paid for since 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by rusher14: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2018
The letter is vague.

It does not describe the purpose for payment to CCEC. This is even before we can begin to investigate its authenticity .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Mariory(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Nbote(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
ZonBs have all suddenly turned blind and daft at d same time... U want pictures of d airport as at May 2015, how come U ppl didn't upload any pictures while work was on going like U did d Abuja airport runway project?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by jayson87: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2018
Deomelo... This is for you

Buhariguy hope you are here

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Buterflyle0: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2018
OP your education is a waste.

So a Project that was started in 2012 was paid for in 2014 and in full?

I was cock sure the document you are bandying about had Port Harcourt International Airport
Construction written on it before I decided to read it.

I did. Alas what nonsense?
So what really has this document got to prove? Why are you sharing it?

Do you know how many Projects CCECC was/is handling in Nigeria? From Rails to Roads to
Airports etc? What part and which one of those does the $100,000,000 transfer in the letter represent?

Even if the Port Harcourt Airport Project was included in that bulk sum (and I'm not saying it was not just like I'm not saying it was), why was it not named specifically and therefore how does that letter and its content translate automatically to Jonathan paid for the work on PH International Airport in 2014 for it to be completed in 2018?

So we now pay for work 100% in advance? How beautiful. But we are not all dumb now.
When the same Jonathan defaulted in counterpart funding to the same Chinese that made them abandon most projects until PMB had to return to China upon election to renegotiate and reassure them of our commitment to our commitments. What a shame!

Meanwhile what does this have to do with the fact that a wonderful project was completed and
not abandoned and God-blessed men and women who love good things are happy?

Did PMB or anyone say Buhari started the Project or Jonathan did not start the Project?
Fact remains that Jonathan started the Project and left it at 30% after 6 years in office.

Buhari responsibly and rightly (even though not in our tradition here) completed the remaining 70% in 3+ years. Go figure.

Ordinarily I wouldn't respond to this but for the sake of some who may still be held under the mediocre spell of the wailers, I had to.
Any one it pains further should go and hug a big fat 700KVa Transformer

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by NOC1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
martyns303:

Come on man, Payment was made in January doesn't mean work started immediately. Have you ever embarked on a project before? talk more a project of such magnitude? 3 airport upgrade simultaneously? smh!!!! please say something else

Hey bro I have been involved in so many projects, money are paid in milestone bases. After kick off meeting you mobilise to site and send your report for the mobilisation payment which is the first payment, the next payment come after your foundation (substructure)...that's how payment for projects are done. You complete or near completion of any milestone before you are been paid.
Government agencies have stoped up-front payments because the contractor will always seek for variation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by deomelo: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by slimfit1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Is Jonathan using his money no go sit down it proves nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by buhariguy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
ITbomb:
And they are still asking what Jonathan did with oil money even after commissioning projects Jonathan paid for since 2014
munus$100,000 from $400b,
Account for the remaining balance.
And the money in the receipt was not met for ph airport,
It was money laundering.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by buhariguy(m): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
Derawiz:
Everyone knows that this administration can not point to any project started and completed by them..I don't blame them,I only blame some unrepentant foolhardy individuals who are blindly campaigning for this failed administration at the expense of their future all because of mere peanuts !!
and Pdp can not point to any project for 16yrs.
Just show me the project completed up-to 30% completion .
Despite receiving $1.1tr in 16yrs, only to award contract for 16yrs, or show me 10% completion for 16yrs of receiving $1.1tr.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Pusyiter(m): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
To me, this debate does not arise simply because government is a continuum.
It is like building a house, one man does the foundation while another completes the project
Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2018
I

1 Like

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
rusher14:

What is important is that the project has been paid for!

I hope your self acclaimed Lord Buhari will not deduct it again from our national purse

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by koladebrainiac(m): 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
this post is so dumb .how can an acknowledgement that refuse to describe what the money is for suddenly turn to PH airport rehabilitation? una be thief ooo

1 Like

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by wizgrade: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
Interesting

Meanwhile, wizGrade School App is a complete, flexible, cheap & perfect solution for school (Nursery, Primary & Secondary (K-12) School; Universities, Polytechnics, College of Educations, Awarding Institute e.t.c.) management & administration.

Free wizGrade School App Downloads is available too.

Visit https://www.wizgrade.com for more info.

Re: Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) by Mariory(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Running To Catch A Flight Out Of The Country / Rivers: Governor Woke Reveals What Will Happen On March 23 / Governor Ayade Goes Farming And Returns With A Huge Lizard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.