Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

First Love Dilemma - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First Love Dilemma (1563 Views)

My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Love Dilemma by 1212: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2010
my first love and i broke up about 7 years ago (we were young and broke up over something that we shouldn't have) soon afterwards he had a child with his new girlfriend and they have been living together ever since.

We hardly saw eachother or spoke since the break up but about 7 months ago we had sex. He had visited me about two times before this and nothing happened just general chit chat and those times i just entertained him out of politeness.

I know he still loves me cos i was his first love and he seems dedicated to his family (i wouldn't say he is necessarily the cheating type just that he had intense love for me back then).

I wouldn't want to break up their unit for our selfish reasons but i think the two of us have unresolved issues. I think he is still mad at me for breaking his heart back then and i am still mad at him for holding such a grudge against me and not believing my innocence.

We live pretty close to eachother so i was wondering if its best we ironed out the issue once and for all or should i just leave things as it? I am very hurt though thinking about the situation.
Re: First Love Dilemma by Pweety4me(f): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2010
Hmmm and wat was d meaning of d s.ex u had 2gether 7 months ago?
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2010
what do you mean the meaning of the sex? it was just something that happened while we were together i really didnt want it but we had been kissing and the rest and it just got out of control. I got mad at him over it and i think he got pissed off with me for getting mad at him. I was just trying to avoid a situation where an affair developed.
The problem is we both never stopped loving eachother but we have a moral responsibility to his wife and kid. His wife seems lovely and dedicated too by the way.
Re: First Love Dilemma by Pweety4me(f): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2010
^His wife?but u just said gf?i think it's about time u moved on whether ur his first love or not.
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2010
well they are not technically married but refer to eachother as husband n wife for obvious reasons
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2010
i have moved on just wondering if i should still sit and talk to him cos it hurts more knowing that all these years he still doesn't believe me and might actually hate me. I was expecting by now he should have more respect for me and wish me well as i do for him
Re: First Love Dilemma by Pweety4me(f): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2010
^Umm wat do u want him 2 believe?and how do u expect him 2 respect u if u sleep wif him?(no offense)
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2010
well it was silly of me to sleep with him but i didnt have a choice since it was inevitable (he was the one visiting me not vice versa). Guess you don't understand
Re: First Love Dilemma by Pweety4me(f): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2010
^Whether or not yu were visting him or not dat is not d issue. . .d issue is u have somefin on your mind dat u want him 2 know if u ain't serious about it den u will never get d message over 2 him and he may keep coming bck.
Re: First Love Dilemma by daylae(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2010
What about your present bf? Oh, maybe there's no one;maybe u waited for your ex coming back,and things are now falling to place? There's nothing like my 'first love' mumbo. . .just that you are not being fair to the other woman. Think you should stop seeing him,cus nothing good will come out of this. . ,but hurts and regrets.
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2010
well at that time i was fighting with my bf and now i am single again. Thanx for the advise guys
Re: First Love Dilemma by deoyel25(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2010
A strong chemistry always exist between two ex-lovers when they meet again, especially if the break up was due to trivial issues. Most of the time, they hook up again when they meet again and this always leads to cheating on their present lovers.
@Poster, this is what you both are experiencing now.

1212:

, and now i am single again.

Can we hook up?
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2010
deoyel25:

Can we hook up?
Re: First Love Dilemma by yme1(f): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2010
why do you want to use yourself as a consolation price?
because it s obvious all the guy is using you for is sex
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
i think the issue is deeper than just sex (based on my instinct)
Re: First Love Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2010
looks like u r finding every available reason in d book to get back with dis dude.
Your chances are close to zero and one thing u ought to be doing is asking yourself if he is worth the stress/risk.

you can always enjoy the NSA sex if that's what rocks your boat but erase the fact that he'd leave something definite for an unknown. Even if by any chance gets back with u, what guarantees you he is not gonna leave u for someone else in the future.

This is as clear as bread and butter. Think with ur head babe
Re: First Love Dilemma by LadyDee1(f): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2010
Sounds like a Home wrecker in the making, undecided undecided
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2010
jay bee:

looks like u r finding every available reason in d book to get back with dis dude.
Your chances are close to zero and one thing u ought to be doing is asking yourself if he is worth the stress/risk.

you can always enjoy the NSA sex if that's what rocks your boat but erase the fact that he'd leave something definite for an unknown. Even if by any chance gets back with u, what guarantees you he is not gonna leave u for someone else in the future.

This is as clear as bread and butter. Think with your head babe

you are right, thats why i came on here to get advise
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2010
Lady Dee:

Sounds like a Home wrecker in the making, undecided undecided

i will hate to think i am. I'm not even trying to start anything with him cos 7 yrs is a longtime and we have both changed i just wanted to see if theres any point in resolving the past
Re: First Love Dilemma by yme1(f): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2010
1212:

i think the issue is deeper than just sex (based on my instinct)
for you maybe but for the guy in question,nope
if you like playing the game then go ahead but dont expect anything good to come out of it
Re: First Love Dilemma by LadyDee1(f): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2010
1212:

i will hate to think i am. I'm not even trying to start anything with him cos 7 yrs is a longtime and we have both changed i just wanted to see if theres any point in resolving the past

Ehhhn, so what do you really want then?

Its like your begging for something to be there when there is absolutly nothing!
This is how homewreckers start!

Comot eye from dat place and stop the guy from seeing you angry

What is the need in him visiting you by the way?
Didnt you know the saying
old fire wood catch fire faster

Im sure he knows it, hence, the unnecessary visits, wink

Use your head, because he is definetly using ur own!
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2010
Lady Dee:

Ehhhn, so what do you really want then?

Its like your begging for something to be there when there is absolutly nothing!
This is how homewreckers start!

Comot eye from dat place and stop the guy from seeing you angry

What is the need in him visiting you by the way?
Didnt you know the saying
old fire wood catch fire faster

Im sure he knows it, hence, the unnecessary visits, wink

Use your head, because he is definetly using your own!

the situation is this: we live like i said very very close to eachother so under normal circumstance we should be bumping to eachother everyday but we don't cos our timings for going out are different and i choose not to purposely bump into him. I allowed him into my house those times because i didnt see it as anything suspicious i genuinely thought he was trying to be friendly and like he said he was forced to come and visit me cos he was wondering why he doesnt see me at all since we live so close. I have learnt my lesson since the sex episode so i will try to avoid him coming in my house and if at all he comes in i will be extra careful next time
Re: First Love Dilemma by deoyel25(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2010
1212:

wink wink wink
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2010
deoyel25:

wink wink wink
undecided
Re: First Love Dilemma by deoyel25(m): 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2010
1212:

undecided

I mean it.
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
deoyel25:

I mean it.
based on what? my pathetic story?
Re: First Love Dilemma by deoyel25(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2010
Based on your status.
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2010
so you want to hook up simply because i'm single, strange
Re: First Love Dilemma by mylove4him(f): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2010
Is it because you are single that is why you are having time for frivolities. You are sleeping with a married, just know that the man will never leave his wife for you. Just know that you are helping the man when the ''T'' is standing and he needs where to insert it. Be wise and get a life my dear girl.
Re: First Love Dilemma by deoyel25(m): 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2010
1212:

so you want to hook up simply because i'm single, strange

It sounds strange but its not strange. Its not all about your status but some other reasons I wont post here. I want you to forget about the past and face the future.

@mylove4him, I know you are referring to me with the first line of your post. Mind you, I aint frivolous. Ta
Re: First Love Dilemma by mecussey(m): 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2010
Sorry, but the past is just a history and you can't change it; focus on tomorrow, cause every bit of it comes every hour.
Re: First Love Dilemma by 1212: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2010
@ deoyel25 how old are you? and are you single?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Mind A Polgamy Relationship / Do You Keep Malice / Do All Relationships 'suppose' To Lead To Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.