Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death (26554 Views)

Pdp Governors Pay Condolence Visit To Late Tony Anenih's Family In Abuja(photos) / Patrick Obahiagbon Condolence Message To Tony Anenih's Family Goes Viral / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Death Of Tony Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by aminulive: 9:35am On Oct 29, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reacted to the death of Ex-minister of works and ranking PDP chieftain, Tony Anenih.

Anenih died on Sunday evening at Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja, where he was receiving treatment for an undisclosed ailment.

In a statement to the Press, Tinubu stated: “Chief Anenih was a foremost politician and elder-stateman. He was resolutely committed to the unity and cohesion of this country. He worked for the upliftment of his Uromi hometown and Edo State, as he worked for the growth and development of Nigeria.

“A politician of immense repute. He gave so much to party politics and democracy in the country.

“As one of the founding fathers of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he played a key role in the country’s resurgent democracy. It was no surprise that he later emerged the Chairman, Board of Trustees of PDP.

“Our path crossed in the Social Democratic Party where he was our national chairman. I recall that he was an energetic politician who played politics with all that he was imbued with."

“I commiserate with his family. I pray that they find the strength and courage to live without their patriarch. I also commiserate with Governor Godwin Obaseki and the government and people of Edo State.”

https://politicsngr.com/tinubu-said-pdp-chieftain-tony-anenihs-death/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2018
I just pity low lives saying nonsense about Tony Aninih since the news of his demise yesterday. This man has achieved a lot in life and passed on at a old ripped age.

Nobody holy.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by bossvinqualad25(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2018
A man of honour,continue to rest in bossom of the Almighty, Rip ,When u are in need of durable and quality cars u can always count on me to give you the best,for more information,check my signature
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by yeyeboi(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2018
Chief Tony Anenih Was A Great Man Even His Enemies Knows This grin

RIP Sir , May You Always Be Remembered By Many

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by WetinConsignMe: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2018
As im be typical 9ja politician and also being praised by Tiefnubu...
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by dokiOloye(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2018
Of course, Thiefnuubu cannot make half a negative sentence about Anenih like d zombies on this forum cos which bad thing has Anenih done that Thiefnuubu didn't do 20 times?
Is it godfatherism, rigging or looting that Tinubu hasn't done 20 times?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Gbaremu(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2018
ok
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Tonero231: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2018
Rest in peace 'Mr Fix it'

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Mopolchi: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2018
The Jagaban of a lifeless APC angry
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by hammedkola(m): 10:08am On Oct 29, 2018
Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by ionsman: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2018
RIP sir. People should respect the dead. This isn't time to start uprooting his shortcomings.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by scana042: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2018
Mr Fix it.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Genniez(f): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2018
I don't want to say what I know..it is now everybody would b saying he was a good man while deep down their heart some are saying "one down many more to go"..political Nigeria hmm I hail thee
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by lonlytroy(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2018
I know Nepa will start giving edo steady light now that a top politician is gone.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Femich18(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I just pity low lives saying nonsense about Tony Aninih since the news of his demise yesterday. This man has achieved a lot in life and pass on at a old ripped age.

No body is holy.
No one is holy for sure

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by dukie25: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2018
Public holiday should be declared in Esan land. Anenih is arguably the greatest Esan politician after Enahoro.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by akeentech(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2018
Femich18:
No one is holy for sure
I'm holy broh

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by JuanDeDios: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2018
Genniez:
I don't want to say what I know..it is now everybody would b saying he was a good man while deep down their heart some are saying "one down many more to go"..political Nigeria hmm I hail thee
One down, many more to go.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by JuanDeDios: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2018
akeentech:

I'm holy broh
Placed beside the likes of Anenih, that should be easy.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Hotguy27: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2018
Politicians and their ways!
All these encomiums will not be poured on this man by his political opponents while alive.
This is a lesson for those fighting dirty for the sake of politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by sanpipita(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2018
Political class and elites have sympathy for themselves than they have for masses, even buhari loves atiku than he does for his online miscreants

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by AreaFada2: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I just pity low lives saying nonsense about Tony Aninih since the news of his demise yesterday. This man has achieved a lot in life and pass on at a old ripped age.

No body is holy.

Fact is Nigerian politics is very dirty. So no politician smells of roses.

We need to understand that due to massive poverty, which may not be entirely the fault of many current politicians, political leaders are like Welfare Benefit Offices. Many people around them expect raw cash to pay school fees, do funeral, marriage, even to buy food for from local politicians. Even if you tar roads and build bridges, if people around you, up to your village, are not eating yanfu-yanfu, you have no political base.

Ambode's case recently just underlined it. Had he stolen and shared generously to sycophants and hangers-on, do only half of current projects/developments, he'd be governorship candidate in 2019 election. Essentially, most of our politicians are only as bad as we make and allow them to be. Anenih as no exception.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by zlantanfan: 10:17am On Oct 29, 2018
I am from uromi, I don't see how anenih made esan better in any way, he was a self centered egoist who didn't care to develop esan until emerse pressure by the uromians on onolememen.

I remember a rich contractor in uromi that had steady transformer for his street but couldn't extend his benevolence beyond his zone because of fear of anenih, a previous big man had been sacked from his fg job because he dared showed benevolence in anenih community.

But yet other communities in esan would say anenih only served uromis, a minister of works that couldn't dualize the Benin auchi road in his prime of power under the lawless government then.

Anthony Enahoro is held in higher esteem

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Primusinterpares(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2018
these politicians ain't enemies in real life o... na we dey give ourselves headache unnecessarily o

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by DTaj: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2018
WetinConsignMe:
As im be typical 9ja politician and also being praised by Tiefnubu...

Do not respond to what you know nothing about.

If you were too young (or not even born) in 1992 when Chief Tony Anenih was the National Chairman of Social Democratic Party, SDP, and Chief Bola Tinubu was an elected (and very powerful) Senator under the same party, Google is there to confirm the thing Tinubu said in his press release!

Anenih, Tinubu, Atiku, Kingibe and others were the "General Shehu Musa Yar'Adua boys" in the SDP of those days...

Anenih and Tinubu only parted ways politically in the run-up to return of democracy in 1999... Even at that, they remained friends till the old man died.

Check Google, lazy bone!

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2018
oh death why you so wicked saperating us from our love one with few chances of saying goodbye yet it is the sweetest thing that can ever happen to you for thats the only time even your worst foe will speak sweet of you rest in peace pa
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by jeff1607(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2018
Genniez:

One down , the rest will follow

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Modarun(m): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I just pity low lives saying nonsense about Tony Aninih since the news of his demise yesterday. This man has achieved a lot in life and passed on at a old ripped age.

Nobody holy.
dnt mind the demented idiats.
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by Modarun(m): 10:30am On Oct 29, 2018
jeff1607:

One down , the rest will follow
rest like Tinubu and co abi?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by jeff1607(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2018
Modarun:
rest like Tinubu and co abi?
Bros, I no mention name oooo
Re: Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2018
Tinubu is mad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Mustn’t Behave Like PDP, Tinubu Replies Okorocha / President Buhari Gave Fashola Deadline On 2nd Niger Bridge And Other Projects / Where Is The Ibom Air Launched By Governor Udom Emmanuel Before The Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.