Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili (18758 Views)

Sagay: Fielding A Northerner May Have Devastating Consequences On APC’s Future / Bashir El-Rufai Warns PDP Against Fielding A Northerner / I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by opalu: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2018
Lol
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
bu= buhari=2letters. tiku=atiku=4letters. atiku-buhari=2 buhari-atiku=-2 atiku wins 2019
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Prosperchuks1344(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
AUNTY, SO UR TELLING US WE HAVE NOT BEEN ATIKULATING BUT BUTIKULATING ALL THIS WHILE, REALLY?
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by ziculi: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
i support this guys say,they are both from the past so why bother with them
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
It's a shame Nigerians don't know what they want.

Lot of young vibrant and intelligent aspirants but they will still vote for an old man.

God bless Biafraland!!
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
Carlyscales:
Hmm!

I understand her passion and line of reasoning. She n other well meaning Nigerians are in the ideal world but the reality is as illustrated below:

Having lived, schooled n worked in all parts of Nigeria. I can tell u that the block votes of northern n southern followers of Buhari will remain intact.
Example is if u have ever tried convincing a supporter of Buhari??

But it's d vote of most Nigerians (me n u) that are fed up with Buhari n Atiku that will be divided amongst Moghalu, Sowore, Ezekwesili, Durotoye, Hashim etc

Infact how many of these mushroom political parties have any meaningful structures in d North?
They should go to the North and converse for votes now( after all NW has the highest no of eligible voters naa)

Hence In this election any vote that is not for PDP, is a vote for Buhari.

Now looking at Oby, Moghalu, Sowore and others sef:
They want to rule Nigeria but can't even amongst themselves get a consensus candidate for maximum impact at the pools. Even their umpire Oby is now also contesting.

No matter how good, spiritual, tongue n sweet talking u are as a young pastor no big n serious church will just call u n make u their senior pastor. U gat to start from small or their village church work d ropes, earn their trust n Work ur way up. So I strongly believe some of these young talking strong chaps should start from like Senate, HOS etc.

Y is everyone irrespective of tribe n religion hailing d choice of Peter Obi as running mate today in Nigeria. Simply that he has passed his exams as a state Gov period.
He vowed by d time he's done with reforms in secondary schools in d state , many Anambrians with all money to afford private schools will have to withdraw their wards from private to secular schools due to improved standards. And that actually happened B4 he finished his second term.

So with all due respect to them none of these parties have what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 2019. Because they simply don't have d structures n people. In every nook n crannies of this nation u will find APC n PDP people. Did know that in Osun rerun election, one of d observers was describing a polling unit that's far away from d village n like 30min trek into d bush. It's that serious my dr.

They be serious n patrioticoo, with capacity as well oo. But there coming out now is foolish. Because they are still working to d benefit of Buhari indirectly.

So obviously, Atiku may not be the best candidate amidst all the political aspirants but he's d only that has what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 019

Just look at d results in Edo, Ekiti n Osun it's still PDP n APC. Even SDP that made some impact in Osun was all about Omisore than SDP. That's y when it came to selling votes he went ahead and sold to d highest bidder with any regards or respect to d natl leadership of SDP.

The ideal is that with Moghalu, Oby, Datti Ahmed etc as president n our leaders. Nigeria will turn around. But the reality is that Nigerians are not moved by ideas but by their needs n stomachs. And u can't expect more with the level of poverty in this country. Poor people are simply moved by their stomachs and so is Nigerians, a pity though.

But the way forward is simple:
If Buhari n APC Know that Nigerians can reject them after 4yrs, will they be denying promises they made B4 elections n taking Nigerians for granted

So I say since the nijja politicians don't owe allegiance to any party n ideologies. I say let d voters be same(not supporting any party or candidate blindly) by changing them (party n presidents)

PDP failed we sent them packing. Now APC has failed let's booth them out n bring back PDP. If Atiku fails send him packing n bring back APC. That's how it's done in US where we borrowed ours democracy from - switching between Democrats n Republicans. If every of our politicians n party know that they can loose after 4yrs. No one will tell them to sit up n deliver good governance period.
Bravo
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by tonex360: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
Derawiz:

How can you associate Buhari with Atiku?? It's an insult to associate an Ebullient Atiku with the lifeless one whose only achievement is turning all things in the country from bad to worse.

Even the bible asked - "what has light and darkness in common?"

We the Atikulated members of nairaland demand an apology from Oby and a retract of her statement in a national newspaper angry angry angry
What baffles me is that some humans are still supporting this man. But I released that this may be the cause

2 Likes

Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by joepepsy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2018
Forget all these shit you are saying, Nigerian youth are extremely lazy.
Benscolari:
#Says this two faced coward.

Atiku is hundred times better than that collosal failure who had the guts to call Nigerian youths lazy.
When ever I trot off to Alaba international market.
Balogun Market, Lagos Island.
Bar Beach Market.
Computer Village.
Èbúté Èrò Market, Lagos Island.
Ekpe Fish Market.
Ikotun Market, and I see boys hustling, I feel like marching to Aso Rock to lash the ineffective malam we call our president. angry
Nevertheless, we still have a duty call - protect your PVC, and even if your gf/bf wants to give you doggy style or aisha style, or Kabul, or Emeka or hasuyat for your PVC ; STAND YOUR GROUND AND SAY NO!
WE MUST VOTE OUT THE MALAM COME 2019.
GET YOUR STRAP UP FOLKS! THE BATTLE LINE HAS BEEN DRAWN!!!
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2018
Benscolari:

Atiku is hundred times better than that collosal failure who had the guts to call Nigerian youths lazy.
Bar Beach Market.
Computer Village.
Ekpe Fish Market.
Ikotun Market, and I see boys hustling, I feel like marching to Aso Rock to lash the ineffective malam we call our president. angry
Nevertheless, we still have a duty call - protect your PVC, and even if your gf/bf wants to give you doggy style or aisha style, or Kabul, or Emeka or hasuyat for your PVC ; STAND YOUR GROUND AND SAY NO!
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
Why it hurts you this much must be because you are one of the lazy youths described. The hustlers you mentioned, they know themselves and they are definitely not lazy, and they don't see themselves as lazy.
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Emmaskill(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2018
Benscolari:

Bar Beach Market.
Computer Village.
Ekpe Fish Market.
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
Vote out d mallam ad vote in anoda mallam??.. Bro.Mallam will always b a mallam, if u like spell it from d back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by VaselineCrew: 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2018
Carlyscales:
Hmm!

I understand her passion and line of reasoning. She n other well meaning Nigerians are in the ideal world but the reality is as illustrated below:

Having lived, schooled n worked in all parts of Nigeria. I can tell u that the block votes of northern n southern followers of Buhari will remain intact.

But it's d vote of most Nigerians (me n u) that are fed up with Buhari n Atiku that will be divided amongst Moghalu, Sowore, Ezekwesili, Durotoye, Hashim etc

Infact how many of these mushroom political parties have any meaningful structures in d North?
They should go to the North and converse for votes now( after all NW has the highest no of eligible voters naa)

They want to rule Nigeria but can't even amongst themselves get a consensus candidate for maximum impact at the pools. Even their umpire Oby is now also contesting.

No matter how good, spiritual, tongue n sweet talking u are as a young pastor no big n serious church will just call u n make u their senior pastor. U gat to start from small or their village church work d ropes, earn their trust n Work ur way up. So I strongly believe some of these young talking strong chaps should start from like Senate, HOS etc.

Y is everyone irrespective of tribe n religion hailing d choice of Peter Obi as running mate today in Nigeria. Simply that he has passed his exams as a state Gov period.
He vowed by d time he's done with reforms in secondary schools in d state , many Anambrians with all money to afford private schools will have to withdraw their wards from private to secular schools due to improved standards. And that actually happened B4 he finished his second term.

So with all due respect to them none of these parties have what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 2019. Because they simply don't have d structures n people. In every nook n crannies of this nation u will find APC n PDP people. Did know that in Osun rerun election, one of d observers was describing a polling unit that's far away from d village n like 30min trek into d bush. It's that serious my dr.

They be serious n patrioticoo, with capacity as well oo. But there coming out now is foolish. Because they are still working to d benefit of Buhari indirectly.

So obviously, Atiku may not be the best candidate amidst all the political aspirants but he's d only that has what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 019

Just look at d results in Edo, Ekiti n Osun it's still PDP n APC. Even SDP that made some impact in Osun was all about Omisore than SDP. That's y when it came to selling votes he went ahead and sold to d highest bidder with any regards or respect to d natl leadership of SDP.

The ideal is that with Moghalu, Oby, Datti Ahmed etc as president n our leaders. Nigeria will turn around. But the reality is that Nigerians are not moved by ideas but by their needs n stomachs. And u can't expect more with the level of poverty in this country. Poor people are simply moved by their stomachs and so is Nigerians, a pity though.

If Buhari n APC Know that Nigerians can reject them after 4yrs, will they be denying promises they made B4 elections n taking Nigerians for granted

So I say since the nijja politicians don't owe allegiance to any party n ideologies. I say let d voters be same(not supporting any party or candidate blindly) by changing them (party n presidents)

PDP failed we sent them packing. Now APC has failed let's booth them out n bring back PDP. If Atiku fails send him packing n bring back APC. That's how it's done in US where we borrowed ours democracy from - switching between Democrats n Republicans. If every of our politicians n party know that they can loose after 4yrs. No one will tell them to sit up n deliver good governance period.

So in 2023, Lets say Atiku is worse than Buhari and PDP fields Atiku again and APC fields Babangida, who will you vote for?

You are comparing APC and PDP to Republicans and Democrats, Puhlease!! What do APC and PDP politicians stand for?

These guys that cross carpet twice a year, today they are in APC tomorrow they are in PDP, is that who you are comparing to American Democracy?

You are supporting parties fielding illetrates and thieves and you can't even dare to challenge the status quo

So in essence, you are okay with Nigeria forever being a shhhithole as long as either it's APC or PDP that is a the helm of affairs, what kind of reasoning is that

Was APC even in existence in 1990? If they had listened to you, there would be no APC sef, mtcheew

1 Like

Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by VaselineCrew: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2018
Nigerians are not ready yet to be free.

See dem saying if Atiku doesn't perform they'll vote him out, but people like us already know ATIKU WILL NOT PERFORM

I don't know why Nigerians just like deceiving themselves.

Anyway, as Sowore said, Nigerians suffering is just beginning, just watch and see.

Do you guys know how many countries are vowing to get rid of Petrol cars? You guys are struggling to even find buyers for your petrol.

One useless Nigerian reporter even asked Trump if he has plans of buying Nigerian Oil, lol, I watched that shhh live and was laughing my ass off.

Soon your Oil will be almost worthless and since you elect analog Politicians like Atiku and Buhari, that don't know what investment in Science and Technology even means, lets see how Nigeria will make it out.

Nigerians are already complaing just cause dollar is 360 and petrol is 145, lol, soon dollar will be 1000 and petrol will be 300. Then you all of you can sai baba and atikulate to the grave
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by igwefivestar(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
Ebullience:
EXTRA: APC and PDP are fielding a single candidate called Butiku, says Ezekwesili
Oluwatoyin Bayagbon in On the GoTop Stories
Oby Ezekwesili, presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), has described the All Progressives Party (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Siamese twin of failure.

Ezekwesili said this at a press conference she held in Lagos on Monday.

President Muhammadu Buhari is the candidate of the APC while Atiku Abubakar is the flagbearer of the PDP for the 2019 presidential poll.

But Ezekwesili, who is one of the five women in the race, said the PDP and APC are a single political party fielding one candidate called “Butiku”.

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-apc-and-pdp-are-fielding-a-single-candidate-called-butiku-says-ezekwesili/amp
We will vote the PDP own
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Benscolari: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
#I make more than what your entire generation yearly, monthly!.
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
renewa29:

Why it hurts you this much must be because you are one of the lazy youths described. The hustlers you mentioned, they know themselves and they are definitely not lazy, and they don't see themselves as lazy.
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Reminder: 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
Butiku? Madam Oby abeg to me he no rhyme, atikulate properly next time. Cheers!
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2018
Robotic and harebrained Nigerian youths, It's a shame that you guys are canvassing and fighting for two obsolete gerontocrats who are light years away from modernization and dynamic leadership.

None of the present contenders and pretenders have the intellectual capital, moral highground and the grasp of issues to take Nigeria out of the woods.

The only man that comes close is the charismatic Donald Duke.

Unfortunately, he'll not be favoured because of entrenched interests and people who benefit from the status quo.

1 Like

Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by eraankusam07(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2018
Lol... Butikuze, Bu+tiku+eze <Buhari, Atiku And Ezykwesili> That Is Trepatise
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by ninetiethcrown7(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2018
Carlyscales:
Hmm!

So I say since the nijja politicians don't owe allegiance to any political ideologies or convictions. I say let d voters be the same(not supporting any party or candidate blindly) by changing them (party n presidents)

Very good write up.

However the north can be split, don't forget the north itself is split into three. Being the north west, east and central. APC’s biggest stronghold in the north is the north west (predominantly Muslims) however the north-east is mixed both Christians and muslims, so is north central.
Where I'm headed is this; there may be an opportunity for PDP to clinch north-central and battle north-east because of the many variables plaguing those regions.
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by olaolaking: 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2018
Benscolari:

Bar Beach Market.
Computer Village.
Ekpe Fish Market.
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
Your write up even shows that you are lazy. Contact me if you want to learn
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by seguntijan(m): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2018
Not PDP; Not-NOT Atiku
It is not for nothing that I say Nigerians are as stubborn as the beans market goat (oluya bi eran iso eree).
We don't listen at all! Otherwise, why would we even be contemplating taking the country from a party (APC) that has been saddled with spending the past almost-four years in cleaning the Augean stables left by another party (PDP, that blew away 16 years), and return it to the same profligate, irresponsible PDP?
Unless we are truly suffering from collective amnesia!
Was it not yesterday that Boko Haram controlled about 13 local government areas in the northeast...flags, collecting taxes, installing chiefs, broadcasting news and all?
Was it not yesterday that the PDP government couldn't use the Eagle Square in Abuja out of fear that Boko Haram would strike there again?
Was it not yesterday that even those in Lagos lived under the palpable fear that Boko Haram was on its way to driving them into the lagoon?
Was it not yesterday that our soldiers were running out of bullets, water and food on the battlefield and dying by the dozens?
Was it not yesterday that the country was importing everything, including toothpicks...with virtually every FOREX-dependent industry folding up because PDP People were eating our FOREX?
Was it not yesterday that PDP folks were doing "round-tripping" with our oil and subsidy...collecting our crude oil, shipping it overseas for refining, diverting the refined product elsewhere, selling it and pocketing the money, then returning an empty ship to Nigeria and STILL claiming full reimbursement for the refined product that was never brought to Nigeria? (One ship was even in Argentina at the same time it was claimed to be delivering refined oil products in Nigeria!)
Wasn't it yesterday that a PDP President allowed funds (billion dollars) meant for the military to be generously spent by one Dasuki on prosecuting elections of its members?
Wasn't it yesterday that we had the likes of kleptomaniac Diezani Alison-Madueke, garrulous Femi Fani-Kayode, greedy and incompetent Stella Oduah, obese Alex Sabudu Badeh, thieving Azubuike Ihejirika and sly Sambo Dasuki butchering Nigeria to near-death?
Wasn't it yesterday that the PDP was borrowing money to pay Federal salaries even though crude oil was once sold at $140 under their 16-year lootocracy?
And wasn't it yesterday that we had VP Atiku undermining President Obasanjo and the government under which he was serving, surreptitiously recruiting PDP governors and lawmakers to antagonize and block the President and threaten him with impeachment simply because he couldn't control his vaulting ambition to rule?
Are these are where we want to return?
I can go on and on about the 16 years of PDP banditocracy and grand ineptitude. But I think you get the gist.
True, Buhari has been a disappointment in some areas. That's why some of us who campaigned hard for him in the past now criticize him. We want to make him better.
And I am all for replacing him now mainly because I think he doesn't have the energy anymore.
But I won't trade him and APC (despite their shortcomings) with Atiku and PDP. If we are crying, we don't allow ourselves to be blinded by tears.
Lailai!
Tufia!
Let Baba Obasanjo (whom I respect a lot) go and take some chill pills.
There must be consequences for ineffectual buffoonery. And it must include not returning PDP to power for a loooong time.
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by chikago1: 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin The name "BUTIKU" got me rolling grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by henryadex(m): 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
when people are making Buari their object of voting then we are still doomed as a country, the two doesn't have the pedigree to lead Nigeria to a save haven, let these old politicians know that we have arisen by not voting for them at least it will send a message across that we are about taking over
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Carlyscales: 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
ninetiethcrown7:

Very good write up.

However the north can be split, don't forget the north itself is split into three. Being the north west, east and central. APC’s biggest stronghold in the north is the north west (predominantly Muslims) however the north-east is mixed both Christians and muslims, so is north central.
Where I'm headed is this; there may be an opportunity for PDP to clinch north-central and battle north-east because of the many variables plaguing those regions.
Very true!
As the elections is drawing near it's becoming clear that Northeast may well bend towards Atiku.
Also judging by what Sen Bukar Abba said d other day.

APC blew them chances n were basically a BOUNCED CHEQUE of a govt to most Nigerians.
It's time to seek another
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by nku5: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
This hypocrite of a woman has come again

She served happily as minister under Obasanjo/Atiku in a PDP government for years. Now she's looking for cheap fame with this "butiku" crap grin
Re: APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2018
Benscolari:
#I make more than what your entire generation yearly, monthly!.
#BENSCOLARI SPEAKS
grin grin grin You have just shown you are a little tramp.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Mailafia Will Not Honour Police Invitation – Legal Team / 101 Boko Haram Suspects Detained In Lagos Since 2009 Without Trial / Lagos Scraps KAI, Launches LAGESC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.