Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23532 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

God is not obliged to anybody including you and He doesn't give receipts.

Probably IBB, Abacha, OBJ, Ibori, Odili too sent their money to God.

Didnt I see a picture of Ibori and Adeboye sometime ago? These things are begining to make sense
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Probably IBB, Abacha, OBJ, Ibori, Odili too sent their money to God.

Didnt I see a picture of Ibori and Adeboye sometime ago? These things are begining to make sense

I may take this as a joke because you cannot possibly compare the aforementioned crooks to Adeboye. Be careful of what you say against a man of God because if Daddy places a curse on you, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
Whats the difference?

Most of them are friends with Daddy GO or is it GoDaddy?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2010
bawomolo:

sure Angel Gabriel must be running an intergalactic money laundering ring.

By their fruits we shall know them. Are you saying that Akingbola did not earn any honest penny in his career as a superb banker?. The honest ones he sent to God and it is not in your place to ask questions. The ways of God are different from the ways of man.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Whats the difference?

Most of them are friends with Daddy GO or is it GoDaddy?

They are friends because he cannot make enemies due to his christian faith. They are not cool like that tho and if he doesn't befriend them, how will he draw them to Christ?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
I love NL

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal"---matt 6;19

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. "===matt 6:24

People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. (NIV, 1 Timothy 6:9-11)
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by chuqudy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
Yoruba pastors.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

They are friends because he cannot make enemies due to his christian faith. They are not cool like that tho and if he doesn't befriend them, how will he draw them to Christ?

Akingbola, Obasanjo, Ibru are big time pals with Adeboye, Doesnt Adeboye go for regular morning prayers with OBJ in Aso Rock, Sevral times, OBJ has been on the pulpit ministering in Adeboyes church.

Most of them are frequent at the "breakfast with GO" where Adeboyes God drinks half of the tea
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2010
/.

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by asha80(m): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2010
Make Jakumo no see this thread lipsrsealed
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2010

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2010
So Bible that said beware of fake pastors or apsotles nko. This is one of the end-time signs.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Akingbola, Obasanjo, Ibru are big time pals with Adeboye, Doesnt Adeboye go for regular morning prayers with OBJ in Aso Rock, Sevral times, OBJ has been on the pulpit ministering in Adeboyes church.

Most of them are frequent at the "breakfast with GO" where Adeboyes God drinks half of the tea

I ask again o, how do you expect him to bring them to Christ without mingling with them?. Do you know that one soul is valued by God more than all the silver and gold in this world?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2010
Firstly, there can be no 'refunds' unless the exact figures they gave were recorded.

Secondly, you would need to prove that the monies the individuals contributed to RCCG was from looted funds, not from their incomes.

It is not the duty of RCCG to do forensic accounting and investigations - if the EFCC or another investigative body can establish that the monies contributed to RCCG was indeed from dishonest sources, then I'm sure the church will be willing to refund the amount if instructed to do so.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ajailer(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2010
oga o,can 9ja ever move 4ward wid all this controversies surrounding peeps we r all supposed to b looking up to as a source of inspiration.o ma se o(what a pity).but then i know that GOD is real and faithful.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by canuck(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
debosky:

Firstly, there can be no 'refunds' unless the exact figures they gave were recorded.

Secondly, you would need to prove that the monies the individuals contributed to RCCG was from looted funds, not from their incomes.

It is not the duty of RCCG to do forensic accounting and investigations - if the EFCC or another investigative body can establish that the monies contributed to RCCG was indeed from dishonest sources, then I'm sure the church will be willing to refund the amount if instructed to do so.

One of the very few sensible posts in this nauseating thread.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by bawomolo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

By their fruits we shall know them. Are you saying that Akingbola did not earn any honest penny in his career as a superb banker?. The honest ones he sent to God and it is not in your place to ask questions. The ways of God are different from the ways of man.

how do you separate money earned by honest or dishonest means? the redeem church would be wise to dissociate itself from 40-40 club fugitive pastor
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by baslone: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2010
chuqudy:

Yoruba pastors.

Yeah, they kinda business like. . . but they ain't gat that Rev King Liver!! wink
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2010
debosky:

So shouldnt the church as an upright organisation come out and state how much was made from Akingbola and refund it? Most of the money he donated would be through cheques which can be traced and audited, I assume no one can drop 1m Naira cash into the offering bag.

When Fraudsters are caught and their property confiscated do authorities bother to separate the assets they acquired legally and the ones they acquired illegally? In Most cases all their assets are confiscated.

When Abachas loots was taken by Govt from Swiss banks, Did they ask which part of it was his rightful income as a Military man of over 30yrs and CinC?

Do the church needs to be instructed, taken to court and hounded by Police before they do what is morally right?

its like saying you can steal and its not your responsibility to avoid shady acts since its the job of law enforcement to catch offenders. Where lies your honour and morals as an individual, company or church.

You can even collect money from ritual killers or "Blood diamonds" since its EFCC responsibility to investigate
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by fyneguy: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2010
GOD: Why didnt you accept my salvation offer

Man: Ha I wanted to receive it o but I did not find any credible Pastor in my country- Nigeria.

God: How do you mean?

Man: Na so so stolen money dem dey collect as offering. Dem dey buy private jet up and down. So I been dey wait till I find one credible church o.

God: Man, my salvation offer had nothing to do with all these.Besides, you are an hypocrite- worse things you did.  You have no excuse.
       Your name is not in the book of life. Hence, be thou cast****

Man: Yeepaaaa, Baba God, na inside bakery I dey work for earth. Abeg I no wan enter anoda bakery for here !
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

So shouldnt the church as an upright organisation come out and state how much was made from Akingbola and refund it? Most of the money he donated would be through cheques which can be traced and audited, I assume no one can drop 1m Naira cash into the offering bag.

Have the property firms he bought from come out to say how much he spent on homes and refunded? Have the petrol stations come out to detail how much he spent and refunded? Have the airlines declared how much he spent on plane tickets?  

More pertinently, have his employers stated how much he earned legitimately to be able to discern whether anything he gave to RCCG was above/below what could be legally avoided?

Whether cheques can be traced or not, the church's duty is not to release information on individual members for the fun of it. Let a court convict Akingbola, or demand the evidence from RCCG and it can then be provided. Anything beyond that is chasing shadows.

When Fraudsters are caught and their property confiscated do authorities bother to separate the assets they acquired legally and the ones they acquired illegally? In Most cases all their assets are confiscated.

Quite true - when did giving to RCCG become an asset?  

When Abachas loots was taken by Govt from Swiss banks, Did they ask which part of it was his rightful income as a Military man of over 30yrs and CinC?

When did RCCG become a bank where money was kept by Akingbola?  

Do the church needs to be instructed, taken to court and hounded by Police before they do what is morally right?

You are being presumptive - there is NO EVIDENCE that any giving to RCCG was out of looted funds. If any such evidence exists, it is the duty of the investigative agencies to provide it. The church is not in the business of verification of income - that is the government and tax agencies' job.

its like saying you can steal and its not your responsibility to avoid shady acts since its the job of law enforcement to catch offenders. Where lies your honour and morals as an individual, company or church.

Honour lies in returning any identified illegal gain - this must come at the behest of constituted authority. The church is not established to investigate members for financial impropriety in the financial services industry - the regulators and the police are supposed to do that.

How is the church supposed to verify the income from each and every one of it's members?  
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by JUO(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2010
are u now God to judge?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
JUO:

are u now God to judge?

Return money to people it was stolen from, Now don turn to "are u now God to judge?"

How dem take relate? Must you be God to know that money stolen from people should be returned?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
Have the property firms he bought from come out to say how much he spent on homes and refunded? Have the petrol stations come out to detail how much he spent and refunded? Have the airlines declared how much he spent on plane tickets?

More pertinently, have his employers stated how much he earned legitimately to be able to discern whether anything he gave to RCCG was above/below what could be legally avoided?

Whether cheques can be traced or not, the church's duty is not to release information on individual members for the fun of it. Let a court convict Akingbola, or demand the evidence from RCCG and it can then be provided. Anything beyond that is chasing shadows.

Question: Do RCCG need to wait for Police to come hound them before they do what is right? What is right to me means returning stolen money back to the rightful owners.

RCCG and Adeboye have become an avenue for the CEO's and Politicians to launder money because they know their paddy that keeps the loot for them is beyond investigation.

Its like keeping proceeds of robbery with a Pastor since we know the Priest wont be searched.

You are being presumptive - there is NO EVIDENCE that any giving to RCCG was out of looted funds. If any such evidence exists, it is the duty of the investigative agencies to provide it. The church is not in the business of verification of income - that is the government and tax agencies' job.

There was no evidence that the money Abacha kept in Swiss banks were specifically looted funds, They could have been proceeds from business, Salary as GOC, Head of state or a General of close to 20yrs.

How come we didnt ask these questions when it comes to Abacha but we are now asking for these evidence when Pastor Eunuch is involved

Honour lies in returning any identified illegal gain - this must come at the behest of constituted authority. The church is not established to investigate members for financial impropriety in the financial services industry - the regulators and the police are supposed to do that.

if I bring a gun to church or the head of a child, I believe the church is not constituted to investigate what I am dong with guns or beheaded corpse thats the Police work right?

A man who stole his bank and depositors We are now debating whether the money should be returned or not. What happens to the millions who live savings Akingbola stole. GoDaddy is not concerned as long as he can floss in the Gulfstream Jet and sip tea with God
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by baslone: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
debosky:

Have the property firms he bought from come out to say how much he spent on homes and refunded? Have the petrol stations come out to detail how much he spent and refunded? Have the airlines declared how much he spent on plane tickets?  ?

If these were real issues, Bode George will be on the streets today!!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by TeeJay6(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2010
monies paid to RCCG was voluntary, it was never a means to launder money so even if it is proven the man looted public funds RCCG is not obliged to refund such funds.
The reality os it all is that if the man mingled legit money with stolen ones then how on earth is the church going to separate the two? on the other hand
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
Tee_Jay:

monies paid to RCCG was voluntary, it was never a means to launder money so even if it is proven the man looted public funds RCCG is not obliged to refund such funds.
The reality os it all is that if the man mingled legit money with stolen ones then how on earth is the church going to separate the two? on the other hand

The money Sani Abacha put in Mohammed Abachas custody too were done voluntarily, So why was Mohammed Abacha hounded to return the money.

The reality was that Abacha, Ibori, Bode george, Alams all probably mingled legit money wih stolen ones
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by TeeJay6(m): 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

The money Sani Abacha put in Mohammed Abachas custody too were done voluntarily, So why was Mohammed Abacha hounded to return the money.

The reality was that Abacha, Ibori, Bode george, Alams all probably mingled legit money wih stolen ones
wrong, abacha, ibori etc all laundered money with the intention of recouping it once they leave office, akingola donated money to a religious group, it was never meant to be retrieved. i didnt see the FG go after the mosques abacha and co built to the money he gave to the chief Imam,
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
debosky:

How is the church supposed to verify the income from each and every one of it's members?  
Isnt it funny that the ''church'' which is supposed the be the ''body of christ'' worshipping in ''spirit and truth'' and here you are trying to maneouver and find loop holes and technicalities in law, put burden of proof on prosecutors etc.

The church is supposed to work based on the laws of God and the spirit, anything contrary to that no matter how acceptable to the secular world is a no go.

The church is to be holy and pure and God does NOT accept the offerings of thieves whether it be the legally acquired portion or the loot. I repeat God does NOT accept the offerings of thieves. So what business does the church have keeping the money from these men anyway? Deluding themselves and asking that the government prove the gifts and jet donations where from his loot. Does it really matter which to God?

In the story of ananias in Acts Chapter 5 after the whole scenario it says in verse 11 '' And Great Fear came upon the church and all who heard these things.''

That singular event brought great fear upon the church and told people outrightly it was wrong to lie. Action speaks louder than words. If RCCG decided to return all gifts and money given by erastus as is the right thing to do, wont that send a good message to the church? Wont that make it outrightly clear that the body of christ will NOT be associated with thieves in any way?

Sadly,  all we see are die hard attempts to keep money given by thieves (money that God didnt accept in the first place) and making excuses like ''no its the legal income he gave us'' . Pity

Even President Obama during his campaign when it emerged one of his donors was involved in financial irregularities, He refunded all donations made by the fellow.
He wasnt making excuses claiming the donations came from the dude's legal income. If obama can be that morally conscious, how much more the church?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by seanlaw(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
Am totally shocked at the methods used by some nairalanders to defend the refund of these monies. First of all, people like the Ibru n Co. would not be paying tithes n offering in CASH (SO THE MONIES ARE TRACEABLE). Secondly, we all hear pastors give testimonies of church members who pay tithes of so so n so millions (how did they come about this facts? the answer is simple! RECORDS). Thirdly (this would be met with so much criticism), churches like WINNERS who keep tithe booklet should be compelled to give copies of such booklets to the EFCC or any related agencies to help fight corruption like the NI NUMBER in England which can be used to detect anyone who is not paying his income tax or being paid below the national minimum wage or working more than the allowed hours.

For those who are knowledgeable, please read Deu 14:22 downwards n try to explain it to yourself n ur people.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2010
When it comes to the issue of money, Church leaders turn to lawmakers who must sit on the loot at all cost
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by CarlosVent(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
PLS JUST BE CAREFUL IN UR CRITICISM OR ELSE U MIGHT SAY SOMETHING AGAINST D HOLY SPIRIT AND D BIBLE SAID D SIN CANT AND CAN NEVER B 4GVEN.

AM NOT SIDING ANYBODY BT DATS MY PIECE OF ADVICE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / "Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.