Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23527 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by baslone: 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2010
uche13:

. I ask this question, if your boss gives u a bonus of a million based on the high profit made by the company that year and it is discovered that the profit was made thru fraudulent deeds, will u return the money or the car u bought with the money?

Well, if you dupe me and decide to share your loot
with your pastor in the name of tithe and then he uses
his own share to get his beloved X6

It's too sure I'm going to lock the
two of you up!!!!!!!

No two ways about it!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by opuro(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2010
MackDealer:

You know it's so funny how Akingbola is the culprit but RCCG and Pastor Adeboye are the guilty parties here, and also funny how Dayokanu, Tudor and their cohorts seems so comfortable quoting hearsay as if they are facts(lying) and yet they are very quick to condenm others.

You know the bible in Matt 7:3 have a good answer to most of you guys

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

nna eh i no wan contribute b4
ama this ur speck issue vex me
na complete iroko tree i de see for adeboye eyes so
na im you de call speck?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by omofat: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2010
deji.ariyo:

Nigerians stop quoting the bible when its relates to basic things like adegbola and adeboye stealing money, why must always resort to the bible to quote some story line?

This men are conmen and they have nothing to offer,if they are so powerful they shud not take pples money.if Adeboye is truly a man of God why does he need money, he shud be able to turn water into wine and mutiply breads for pple like jesus did, all he can do is quote some bible verse and ride in jet.nonsesical

You don't really have anything new to contribute to this thread my friend.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by uche13: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2010
@baslone
you didnt answer my question. If u didnt know ur boss was involved in some shady deals and he gives u a bonus from the loot, will u be made to return it. The question is simple
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dejiariyo1: 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2010
omo~fat:

You don't really have anything new to contribute to this thread my friend.

Are u stalking me dude? lol
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by omofat: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
deji.ariyo:

Are u stalking me dude? lol

grin
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by KnowAll(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
Nigerians stop quoting the bible when its relates to basic things like adegbola and adeboye stealing money

[size=14pt]This statement is a classical Blasphemous statement, may the lord forgive you. I can’t remember Daddy GO stealing from anyone.[/size] undecided
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2010
omo~fat:

I suspected that most of your position was fueled by hatred (probably justified) of RCCG as an organization. However, that is not the point of this thread.

Stay on track
17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Peter 4: 17

Judgement must begin with the house of God so let us examine these so-called houses of God.  RCCG is found wanting.  It will be thrown in the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing or teeth.

The topic of this thread is whether RCCG is obliged to return the stolen funds.  

It is a known fact that these churches keep detailed records of donations and tithes (how else do they know how to ignore those of their laity that are not keeping up with payments).  In fact it ought to be no problem at all to get the records of all the contributions of Akingbola and Ibru and the mighty host of jagudas that infest that so called church.  

Stolen property is stolen property and must be returned to the rightful owners.  

God does not need to steal to do his good work.  

Whatever orphans or charities that RCCG claims to donate to (which I think is utter rubbish and their donations are not more than nominal)  I'm sure that God can help them without causing more distress elsewhere in the country.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dejiariyo1: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2010
KnowAll:

Nigerians stop quoting the bible when its relates to basic things like adegbola and adeboye stealing money

[size=14pt]This statement is a classical Blasphemous statement, may the lord forgive you. I can’t remember Daddy GO stealing from anyone.[/size]  undecided

You cant remember because you cant open your eyes to that fact that daddy BO is using con tactics this is what yahoo boys call formats to collect money from paranoid and illiterate pple like you.

format like , i drove a car for 300 miles without petrol is ridicuolous

i changed the weather in america and daddy BO cant stop obasanjo and akingbole from stealing and contributing money into the coffers of the church.

If daddy BO is truly annointed he shud know the money were stolen or his power are not upto date to what the like of akingbole are using?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by baslone: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2010
deji.ariyo:

You cant remember because you cant open your eyes to that fact that daddy BO is using con tactics this is what yahoo boys call formats to collect money from paranoid and illiterate pple like you.

REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by anonimi: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
uche13:

@baslone
you didnt answer my question. If u didnt know your boss was involved in some shady deals and he gives u a bonus from the loot, will u be made to return it. The question is simple

so our all powerful god's representative on earth daddy GO didn't know shocked
but he knows to identify witches and wizards and those who will be home owners etc at his next year's convention
i didn't realise his omniscience capacities were limited in a selective manner
i guess this is more evidence that adeboye has the annointing of something else NOT the God of Christ shocked
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by yelanst(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2010
IN MY OWN OPINION, RCCG SHOULD NOT RETURN AKINGBOLA LOOTED OFFERING TO THE GOVT. B/C IF RETURNED THE MONEY WILL DEFINITELY CRAW INTO SOMEBODY"S POCKET JUST AS THE RETURNED LOOT OF ABACHA AND CO. SO THE SHOULD RETAIN THE LOOT AS THERE SHARE OF THE NATIONAL CAKE. AFTERALL, GOVT. OR CHURCH, NA THE SAME PEOPLE. THE WORK HAND IN HAND.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by KnowAll(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2010

format like , i drove a car for 300 miles without petrol is ridicuolous

i changed the weather in america and daddy BO cant stop obasanjo and adegbole from stealing and contributing money into the coffers of the church.

If daddy BO is truly annointed he shud know the money were stolen or his power are not upto date to what the like of adegbole are using?

[size=14pt]I will not be drawn into a who is a bigger basher of men of God in NL with you, there is no pride in such a proposition for me, is it the hailing from demons on this site that would make me deny my God only to take the brunch later on in life OR is it the eloquence in arguing the existence of God.

I just pray you don’t get the heat and venom of 1/2000000th of God’s wrath throughout your life, for judgment is the lord and he and only him has the prerogative right to dispense such judgement.

When did such revered area of man become the domain of his fellow man,  surely the world is definitely coming to an end, and equally surely the anti-Christ is fighting a fervent but losing battle to redeem some of his lost lieutenant, the die is cast and the lines are drawn, I know which side of the divide I am.[/size]
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by 007busman: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
I pray that the initiator of this discussion will not end up like the enemies of moses in the bible.For you to insult the men of God publicly you have just attract organised beautiful cures into your life.It will be better for you to repent.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by URSERVICE: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
u all talking rubbish!!!!u better tell god to forgive least u all be forgotten in a couple of days!!!no matter yur religion how on earth could u have said god was av thief or criminal!!im sure u dont even have an account in any of the banks, this platform is not for vain talks only for people that have sense!!!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ogajim(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2010
WOW! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2010
debosky:

So the church should begin to verify the incomes of each and every member? The point I am making is clear - the legal bodies of the land MUST be the ones to determine whether someone is guilty of a crime or not, and not the church. Does the church leave its core function and become a verifier of income when there are external bodies tasked with doing that?
This is shameful.
Can you point to any verse in the bible that claims for one to be quilty of sin, he or she ''MUST'' be convicted by the land?

It seem you dont know what ''church'' is or what its ''core functions'' are according to scriptures. Sad to see ,most of you think '''church'' is any organisation that conducts services.

I suggest you read your bible again and see the true definition of church and how the early church worked then you'd know its the responsibility of the church to make sure members live a life of christ, follow them up in EVERY regard and excommunicate those who dont follow christs' example.

How is the RCCG able to establish that Akingbola is a 'thief'? By press reports or by an investigation by legal bodies? This matter originated OUTSIDE of the church, in the banks or other institutions that were allegedly robbed. Since the church has no jurisdiction over those affairs, any culpability MUST as a matter of requirement be decided outside the church.
Small question; Is Akingbola still a senior pastor at RCCG?

If he was dismissed; Why was he dismissed ?

So if a newspaper says so and so stole, the church must immediately accept the story as true?   By what means does RCCG determine the culpability of Akingbola?
Ehm, by asking the owner of the church itself aka Jesus.

And If akingbola is known to have been an embezzler, all donations made by him should be returned. Its the right and biblical thing to do. God does not differentiate if its the loot or not. He doesnt accept any.

Then let God do the judging will you? If RCCG is doing wrong, then they will also be judged.
This isnt a matter of judgement. We are simply asking that they do the biblical thing and return all funds and gifts given by thieves.

Good - for the charities to be sued, someone followed the trail of stolen money to them. It's not too much to ask the authorities vested with the duty to protect the public's money to follow the trail of the allegedly stolen money to ALL locations. If one of those locations happens to be RCCG, then they have my 100% support to reclaim any such funds as required.
Some charities have been known to refund donations from fraudulent people or donors who are not in tandem with their goals.

Akingbola is a thief and has ruined lives, why should RCCG still hold on to his donations?

On what biblical basis do they still keep the money? Obvously God did not accept the gift/offering, whats the logic behind keeping it besides greed?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by steveolu(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hi guys, "its a dangerous thing to fall into the hands of the almighty God".
Pls note that God has not put the cane of any of His anointed in the hands
of any human being.
Why not allow God to judge them, He's the best judge and knows the
intent of every man's heart.
Some comments in this thread are very very dangerous.

My sincere advice is, "watch what u post"
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by KnowAll(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
[size=14pt]How can any man born of a woman accuse God the creator and men of God of grand larceny? OR theft when it is clear as day light the act of giving to a Church is purely voluntary, Akingbola and Ibru could have taking their ill gotten wealth to the million and one Churches OR Mosque in Nigeria, OR better still Switzerland like the Abacha’s and IBB’s of this world.

We should thread carefully on a very delicate subject that has the tendency of altering our future goals in life.[/size]
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by kcng: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2010
please lets stop condeming  pastor Adeboye, The man needs our help all is not well with him and redeem,they have gradually degenerated to a mammon church.As much as i agree with you guys that he has lost focus pls let look 4 a way to bring him back to the fold by praying 4 him
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tonyet1(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Peter 4: 17

Judgement must begin with the house of God so let us examine these so-called houses of God.  RCCG is found wanting.  It will be thrown in the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing or teeth.

The topic of this thread is whether RCCG is obliged to return the stolen funds.  

It is a known fact that these churches keep detailed records of donations and tithes (how else do they know how to ignore those of their laity that are not keeping up with payments).  In fact it ought to be no problem at all to get the records of all the contributions of Akingbola and Ibru and the mighty host of jagudas that infest that so called church.  

Stolen property is stolen property and must be returned to the rightful owners.  

God does not need to steal to do his good work.  

Whatever orphans or charities that RCCG claims to donate to (which I think is utter rubbish and their donations are not more than nominal)  I'm sure that God can help them without causing more distress elsewhere in the country.  

Yeah my brother i see no wrong in your comments, RCCG as an institution that houses the body of christ should be made to account for received funds (yes it is scriptural) but should it be at the glare of wolves. on the other thoughts how sure are we that Pastor Adeboye has not built a panel to look into the issues already ( at least we all know of adeboye's personality). somethings should not be mentioned openly, my PoV as a christian.

1 Cor 6:1-8
6:
1 If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?
2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?
3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church!  
5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?
6 But instead, one brother goes to law against another — and this in front of unbelievers!
7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?
8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.
NIV
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
007busman:

I pray that the initiator of this discussion will not end up like the enemies of moses in the bible.For you to insult the men of God publicly you have just attract organised beautiful cures into your life.It will be better for you to repent.
its either of 2 things

1) They are right and nothin will happen

2) They are wrong and they'll attract the beautiful curses grin grin
and if they do, they are on their own

whats your own grin grin

i just pray i no enter plane with these kain people cos na dem dey cause plane crashes grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by omofat: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^^ loool
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ollybabe: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
@Tudor,babe watch your word and manners.you not say Cos one person did a wrong thing then you classified them in an ill-manner way.MEN OF DOGS is the most ruddiest word Eva use on earth.please respect God if not men.ask God for his mercies before is late
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2010
tkb417:

its either of 2 things

whats your own grin grin

i just pray i no enter plane with these kain people cos na dem dey cause plane crashes grin grin grin grin grin
plane crash is caused by ''curses''?

Damn. . . . . . . .
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tonyet1(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2010
Tudor dont u get tired of typing and asking trashy? angry
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by BROCASSIE: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
USELESS THREAD CREATED BY ILDE MIND AND WHOREMONGERS.LOOK FOR A JOB POSTER.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2010
Tudór:

plane crash is caused by ''curses''?

Damn. . . . . . . .
dumbo

a curse is a spiritual thing and has no scientific explanation

if ure cursed to die tonite and u enter sosoliso tonite, im sure sosoliso will develop some fault and crash

u know why, cos u carry ur cursed head enter the plane grin grin grin grin

u no believe in curses, ask elisha

i wish say na elisha una dey curse, anaconda for don enter ur room swallow u one time grin grin grin
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by PastorAIO: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2010
Tonye-t:

Yeah my brother i see no wrong in your comments, RCCG as an institution that houses the body of christ should be made to account for received funds (yes it is scriptural) but should it be at the glare of wolves. on the other thoughts how sure are we that Pastor Adeboye has not built a panel to look into the issues already ( at least we all know of adeboye's personality). somethings should not be mentioned openly, my PoV as a christian.

1 Cor 6:1-8
6:
1 If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?
2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?
3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church!  
5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?
6 But instead, one brother goes to law against another — and this in front of unbelievers!
7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?
8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.
NIV

However, these verses refer to litigation amongst christians. Brothers. The dispute here is not amongst christians. It is a public affair involving the depositors and investors in a public company, namely intercontinental bank. Some of those people may be christians or they may not. They need their money back. Their money has found it's way in to the coffers of RCCG.

RCCG needs to publicly, and I mean very publicly, make a settlement of this issue with the disenfranchised.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tonyet1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^^ and you're yet to respond to the question i put up sad
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2010
@Debosky,

Since Al Capone wasnt convicted of murder or any other wrong doing apart from tax evasion then he is innocent in your eyes and in Gods?

Since Akingbola hasnt been convicted, Its normal,

But Abacha was never convicted yet his son was made to return the money his Dad gave him as gifts?

Was Abacha required to separate money made legitimately from money looted?

tkb417:

its either of 2 things

whats your own grin grin

I would have thought a popular man/Woman of God died in a plane crash some years back and IBB hasnt died in a plane crash just yet.

BROCASSIE:

USELESS THREAD CREATED BY ILDE MIND AND WHOREMONGERS.LOOK FOR A JOB POSTER.

The kind of job I have, Your whole generation can only dream of it
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2010
This case is simple.

We accept that Adeboye didnt know Akingbola, OBj, Ibru, Oyinlola, Ibri and co were stealing money since he is often in celestial realms and not in touch with earthly affairs

But now that Akingbola, OBJ, Ibori, Ibru and co are found to have stolen/looted public funds, Shouldnt RCCG as an organisation return the stolen money?

When money matter reach everybody go turn to attorney and student of Law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / "Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.