Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity (9632 Views)

Is This True Love Or 'nzuzu' (stupidity)? (Photo). / Girl Spotted Tieing A Guys Shoe Lace In School..(love Or Stupidity) / Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by aca77: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2010
gboyesh:

@ all. Yes . The bb is a functional phone  if you need all those functions, but why would a person who is not working or need to send files and doc's  want a bb for. FYI with my nokia 5800 or any internet enabled nokia  4 can yahoo messenger. Facebook , gmail send pics and or files n docs chat with all at same time via nimbuzz or palringo , make calls even internet calls via VOIP and recently theses even a nokia application that can enable me chat via bb messenger! So Why would i want to pay an additional monthly charge for bb , When even the most functional service of a bb (to connect directly to yr office server to retrieve office docs and forward then from yr bb ) can be done with a nokia application (mail for exchange ) so what is all this feelamongish bb crap. If you need one and can afford or dont mind payin the rip off charges then go for it , but all there daft skirts and jelly mined boys who are jumpin the band wagon ,when the new phone comes in vogue, you'll just be left with an extra stressful bill to be paying along with nepa , water, dstv, hitv,internet access ,and all there things we all "Shangree" to use. Abi you didnt notice mtn has brought their monthly bb charges to 3k to hook more daft wannabes.?

You're right for the most part. Despite its much vaunted qualities, nobody has been able to make any coherent sense about the exclusive features of the blackberry apart from the rather dispensable Blackberry Instant Messenger.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Nigeria it is clear that for MOST people owning a blackberry is all about 'belonging', or showing one's 'levels'. It kinda reminds me of the Thuraya phone that 'reigned' many years ago - an ugly, weighty and pretty useless satelite phone whose only selling point was that it can be used anywhere that ordinary phone networks service does not cover. Trust shallow Nigerians, they rushed to buy it because of its very expensive price tag in order to be called 'big boy' or 'big girl'. Thats what it is with this blackberry nonsense.

I use a nokia e72 smartphone (whose price is similar or even higher than many mid-range blackberry models). With this phone, I can receive and send instant emails, I can do instant messaging on a multi-platform level (Yahoo Messenger, Facebook Messaging, MSN! iCQ, Gtalk, etc),  courtesy of third-party apps like ebuddy, palringo and nimbuzz. I can even send and receive files of all kinds (pics, word documents, etc). The phone has a host of delightful applications including an in-built scanner (yes, scanner - I can use d phone's camra to scan documents, pictures, forms, business cards, etc; and can also 'copy' hardcopy documents and 'paste' in softcopy in the phone and transfer to a pc). And it goes on and on. I achieve all of this with a N1000 monthly data plan.

So when people yap on about how you can do 'business' and send files and keep in touch with clients and all that, they are not saying anything new because my nokia e72 business phone can do ALL of that and a whole lot more! So what is the BIG DEAL about blackberry? Someone should pls explain. The fact is that the 'pin' concept is a commercial masterstroke by RIM (BB's manufacturers); the pin is what creates a sort of 'belonging' exclusivity that is really empty and adds no unique value. And of course Nigerians are always at the forefront of wanting to 'belong' in anything that even remotely involves empty exclusivity. Thats why every cheap girl would sleep around to buy or maintain a BB, or any vain, hungry dude would spend his school fees to buy one.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by djcrucifix(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
i think it's just illiteracy that's worrying some of these lagos people, what they don't know is that there are sooo many phones that are better than a BB.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Princek12(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
indie22:

My dear, owning a blackberry is nigeria is not such a big deal and its proves nothing, you're no different from any chudi, sola or haruna,

Indie, sup? I like your pic! In which city do you stay?
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by gboyesh(m): 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
@ James. See me see wahala oh. Jeje ni mo joko! What effontry to talk utter crap and arrant nonsense. I need help? You must be one of the numerous wannabes im talkin about, wetin concern popping champagne ,Ikoyi club membership and ppl (who you are obviously envious of ppl spending Mucho Dinero in the club or where the hell ever have to do with the topic of babes n bb's ?? Stick with the topic and quit buggin , hater. I just gave reasons why a bb really is.nt all that if you know yr shit as regards phones (which obviously , Well . . Figure it out) . You remind me of all those feelamongish type's who get told what to do by all n every. Go get a life , boy , then maybe ,just maybe , you can stop feeling so oppressed, but some how i think your just a bellus guy. Nuff said!! [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2010
Lolll!!

I really don't get why there's beef for bb owners, whether its a fashion piece or a business tool, no be that one concern the people wey dey use am.

In any case, one thing a blackberry has that a nokia doesn't is the push mail and for that, I'm sticking with my bb!!! All bb haters can go suck on a lemon!!!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by xandy84: 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2010
james1:

@gboyesh.I honestly believe you need help,
Peeps pay cable tv bills,they are daft for getting what they need?peeps spend hundreds of thousands popping champagne in the clubs,they are daft for enjoying themselve's? when they can afford it.
Men gather at bar's and literally combust tens of thousand's by the time they are done,they are daft?
Men that pay up membership due's at ikoyi club,IBB golf club and other elite club's for reason's obvious to those that know are daft?
Take a trip to any night club on the island and see how men jeopardize money;your world will almost shut down.
You hide in your cave and make a noise,if you are presented with a BB you will turn it down,ah?better wake up and leave your small way of thinking.a man is what he think's.

Mr, who do you think you are? guess you step out of line for saying to shit, the brother was just saying what it feel and you said yours, so let him be or else, you better imagine
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by xandy84: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2010
indie22:

Lolll!!

I really don't get why there's beef for bb owners, whether its a fashion piece or a business tool, no be that one concern the people wey dey use am.

In any case, one thing a blackberry has that a nokia doesn't is the push mail and for that, I'm sticking with my bb!!! All bb haters can go suck on a lemon!!!

you are slowpoke, there are ni BB hater and just because you use outdated BB dont make you better than the beggar next to you bro, and no one to suck in the lemon except the crappy you monkey grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by gboyesh(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2010
@ indie . Er , Yes the nokia can do push e mail too and we don need no steenkin subscription. Ha.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by gboyesh(m): 11:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
@Xandy. Or else what? You'll assult me with your terrible English. Stick to the topic and contribute. Or just Shut up. *shakes head in disgust*
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
Am of the opinion dat bbs are kool and u can do magic with it. But what I don't quiet get is this sudden crazzz about bb being this and dat. There are a whole lot of other fones out there dat does same as a bb and even more. Check out the iPhones 3gs (16gig & 32gig) it is just da boomb. Humm and did I mention d new iPhone 4G,, common it's the height of fones.And the prices are!!!! My iPhone 4G will give me 2 bberrys and I will still have change for champaign. It's only in nija dat u hear this ish about bb. So if u are a bb lover, iPhone or nokia lover, just enjoy what ever u can afford. I bet 2 out of 10 bb users actually utilize the full function oh bb. Most is just fb and chatting plus a few emails . Humm for me there is no sub for my baby iPhone 4G.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
Erm xandy, do u mind? I didn't come on nl to trade banter with anyone,there's no need for insults and name calling haba!!! Abeg free me jare!! Can't u just state your case like a reasonable person and move on!!!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by chelseabmw(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2010
smiley
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 12:08am On Nov 15, 2010
@ gboyesh, no one's bending ur hand backwards for bb subscription, if people like bbs and can afford monthly bb subscriptions, why should it be anyone's headache, afterall its a free world and people are free to spend their cash as they like, if u can pay 5k a month for BIS please feel comfy to, if u can't go buy a nokia (no offence)
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by greedie1(f): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2010
well well, ladies and gentlemen, you have said it all so, i will just add 'no comment'

grin grin cry
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by RuuDie(m): 12:55am On Nov 15, 2010
that constant "pinging" tone. . . . . aaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh - very, very, very annoying angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by xandy84: 1:44am On Nov 15, 2010
indie22:

@ gboyesh, no one's bending your hand backwards for bb subscription, if people like bbs and can afford monthly bb subscriptions, why should it be anyone's headache, afterall its a free world and people are free to spend their cash as they like, if u can pay 5k a month for BIS please feel comfy to, if u can't go buy a nokia (no offence)

Guy na 3k now, stop playing big boyz here
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 2:34am On Nov 15, 2010
Er Xandy, I'm female and zain's bb service is still 4,750 bucks!!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by aca77: 8:19am On Nov 15, 2010
Despite its much vaunted
qualities, nobody has been able
to make any coherent sense
about the exclusive features of
the blackberry apart from the
rather dispensable Blackberry
Instant Messenger.
I don't know about the rest of the
world, but in Nigeria it is clear
that for MOST people owning a
blackberry is all about
'belonging', or showing one's
'levels'. It kinda reminds me of
the Thuraya phone that 'reigned'
many years ago - an ugly,
weighty and pretty useless
satelite phone whose only
selling point was that it can be
used anywhere that ordinary
phone networks service does not
cover. Trust shallow Nigerians,
they rushed to buy it because of
its very expensive price tag in
order to be called 'big boy' or 'big
girl'. Thats what it is with this
blackberry nonsense.

I use a nokia e72 smartphone
(whose price is similar or even
higher than many mid-range
blackberry models). With this
phone, I can receive and send
instant emails (push email), I can do instant
messaging on a multi-platform
level (Yahoo Messenger,
Facebook Messaging, MSN, ICQ,
Gtalk, etc), courtesy of third-party
apps like ebuddy, palringo and
nimbuzz. I can even send and
receive files of all kinds (pics,
word documents, etc). The phone
has a host of delightful
applications including an in-built
scanner (yes, scanner - I can use d
phone's camera to scan
documents, pictures, forms,
business cards, etc with unbelievable clarity; and can also
'copy' hardcopy documents and
'paste' in softcopy in the phone
and transfer to a pc!). And it goes
on and on. I achieve all of this
with a N1000 monthly data plan.

So when people yap on about
how you can do 'business' and
send files and keep in touch with
clients and all that, they are not
saying anything new because my
nokia e72 business phone can do
ALL of that and a whole lot more!
So what is the BIG DEAL about
blackberry? Someone should pls
explain. The fact is that the 'pin'
concept is a commercial
masterstroke by RIM (BB's
manufacturers); the pin is what
creates a sort of 'belonging'
exclusivity or 'class distinction' that is really empty
and adds no unique value. And of
course Nigerians are always at
the forefront of wanting to
'belong' in anything that even
remotely involves empty
exclusivity or 'class'. Thats why every
cheap girl would sleep around to
buy a BB or pay the mothly fees, and also why any shallow, empty-headed
hungry boy would use his accomodation money to buy BB and later look for who to squat with in school. Pity.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by medjai(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2010
Last time I was in Benin, I went for one BB party in Igbinedion Uni. There's also a ladies club/clique called 'BB girls' in the same Igbinedion. They actually hosted the party. . . BB parties seem to be the trend these days. . .
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Wislet(f): 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2010
LMAO!!!!!! THERE'S NOTHING SOMEONE WILL NOT HEAR 4 DIS WORLD O! BLACKBERRY PARTIES? NEEDLESS TO SAY SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP. I DON'T SEE ANYTHING BIG ABOUT DAT PHONE. EVEN THOSE THAT MANUFACTURED IT HAVEN'T GONE CRAZY. Very funny.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Ayowumie(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2010
Nigerians are always too obsessed with fashion trends even if it denotes stupidity
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by kizini: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2010
After reading this post and following the thread all I can do is too laugh, laugh and Laugh!! There is absolutely nothin that cant happen in this country. I have a blackberry Phone for official Use, Its kinda helpfull when your Job entails you being on the Move all the time. But all the craze about using it to show off!! Is Pathetic and absolutely Unwarranted. Why do we always make big deals out of None issues!! I believe all those showing Off with such phones dont know how much it sells in the market, if not they should know there are better phones out there. Am kinda tired of The BB self, getting a HTC to add to it.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by jaybee3(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2010
I couldn't care less about who has a bb or what not. What i don't get is people that have/use different types of bb's. Now ain't that some shyte
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by UyiIredia(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ topic >>> this is my response to the BB babes  tongue

Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by xandy84: 6:22am On Nov 16, 2010
aca77:

Despite its much vaunted
Instant Messenger.
blackberry is all about
blackberry nonsense.

level (Yahoo Messenger,
has a host of delightful
phone's camera to scan

concept is a commercial
remotely involves empty
hungry boy would use his accomodation money to buy BB and later look for who to squat with in school. Pity.

chief, i agree with you oooooooooooooo
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by xandy84: 6:24am On Nov 16, 2010
indie22:

Er Xandy, I'm female and zain's bb service is still 4,750 bucks!!

Er Indie22, time for you to change sim, MTN has made life richer. go for MTN and you will be saving some cash, little advice that you dont have to pay for,
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 16, 2010
Its all a mata of choice,people hv different purposes for things they acquire.let the BB owners be.shebi na dem money dem use buy am or wateva means.
Anyway,I'd like to attend a BB party,easy access to some sweet uni girls
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by snthesis(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2010
@james1
I suggest u shud try readin very very very slowly-comprehension might jst hit u along d lines
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 11:19am On Nov 16, 2010
@ xandy

Whatever mate!! Its a matter of choice, mtn or zain, bb or nokia, if the uni girls are happy using their bbs as fashion accessories or throwing their bb parties, its their business, besides I really don't get why you think most people with blackberrys use them to "feel among" since bbs are quite cheap, and every tom, dick and harry owns one.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by james1(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
@snthesis.honestly you are the one that badly need to read very,very,very,very slowly to attain your badly needed level of comprehension.
@xandy84.I hope you are not"high?be very becareful.
Hater's never enjoy life;their hating won't let them.
Control freak's.may God save you from destroying yourselve's.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Boxer007(m): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
lol
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by lajjy(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2010
aca77:

Despite its much vaunted
Instant Messenger.
blackberry is all about
blackberry nonsense.

level (Yahoo Messenger,
has a host of delightful
phone's camera to scan

concept is a commercial
remotely involves empty

Chief, u talk well abeg,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What This Girl Is Doing To Her Boyfriend In Public[photo] / Ladies , Pls Pls Beware / Help! I Cant Locate My Girlfriend G.spot. [graphic]*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.