Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home (11171 Views)

Obin Commends Osinbajo, gov, Others As DHQ Deploys Soldiers In Biase Warring Com / Zamfara: APC Member Burnt, Others Attacked By PDP Thugs (Photos) / INEC Suspends The Announcement Of Results In Akpabio's Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Ecstasy154(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2018
Akwa Ibom State deputy Governor, Mr. Moses Ekpo, was among stakeholders and government officials attacked by suspected hired thugs yesterday during defection of the All Progressives Congress (APC) members in Essien Udim, home of former Governor Godswill Akpabio to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The event held at the Unity Hall of the Essien Udim Local Government Council Secretariat, witnessed massive support for Governor Udom Emmanuel by former and serving ward executive council members of the APC, including Prince Ukpong Akpabio, the younger brother and former aide of the immediate past Senate Minority Leader, as well as Chief Michael Afangideh, Akpabio’s political godfather.

This ceremony was, however, disrupted when thugs suspected to be supporters of Senator Godswill Akpabio, stormed the venue and unleashed terror on the people, including the state Deputy Governor, Mr. Ekpo and Ufot Ebong, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Technical Matters and Due Process.

The thugs said to have arrived the venue of the ceremony in several buses attacked the people at the hall when the Deputy Governor was receiving the APC decampees on behalf of the governor.
The attack sent people scampering for safety, but for the swift intervention of armed security agents attached to the deputy governor and other state government officials who prevented the people from being killed.

The state Commissioner for Investment, Commerce and Industry, Prince Ukpong Akpabio, who spoke to newsmen after the incident, thanked God for the prompt response of the police to arrest the situation.

Prince Akpabio said he was happy that the PDP supporters and youths at the event did not attempt to take laws into their hands, as it would have resulted to undesirable consequences.
The miscreants, who inflicted injuries on some of the supporters, and damaged some vehicles at the venue, allegedly escaped and jumped into a nearby river at Afaha Ikot Ebak.
A Honda Accord car said to belong to the PDP chapter Chairman in Essien Udim, Hon. Ntiedo Usoro was vandalised by the thugs, who also destroyed some cars and motorcycle belonging to the APC members who defected to the PDP.

The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Technical Matters, Elder Ufot Ebong, condemned the violent attack by the thugs at a mere political meeting.

“I have never seen anything like this; they stormed the area fully armed and made bonfires on the road and attempted to barricade the road in attempt to shut us inside for them to kill us.” i=This is very horrible and I am worried about this development,” Ebong told reporters.

According to him, few minutes to the commencement of the event, some of the APC defectors had raised the alarm that many of their members who had concluded plans to join the PDP at the Unity Hall to show their solidarity for Governor Emmanuel were held hostage at a location by the thugs.
Speaking at the occasion, Governor Emmanuel, who was represented by the Deputy Governor, urged the people of the community to remain peaceful and always welcome government initiatives in the area.

He enjoined them to guard their PVCs jealously and be ready to use it to votes for PDP candidates in the 2019 general elections.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2018/11/aibom-deputy-gov-others-attacked-in-akpabios-country-home/
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2018
Revenge Game
Let it begin..
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by emmie14: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2018
Godswill Akpabio what have you done to yourself? Family and friends have disowned you. How can you survive in isolation?

6 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2018
Yak mbre ado atonghor

3 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2018
emmie14:
Godswill Akpabio what have you done to yourself? Family and friends have disowned you. How can you survive in isolation?

Dnt try asking this question ooo..
Godswill Akpabio is local, he has overdone things for his people , there are thousands that wil kill for him

5 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by henchamb(m): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2018
They came in buses and they all jumped into the river to escape.
Journalists Tho

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2018
This is what i tel people, Godswill Akpabio is more than ur everyday politician... When Godswill was in power he did 3 things
Infrastructural development.
Stomach development.
And he groomed lots of local youths to be his die hard soldiers.

In his village, all the houses of people staying close to his abode, he renovated all of them on his own, and gave them almost close to the same look as his own...

As Senator, he bought thousands of generators,hundredsof Keke and bikes for his constituency briefing...

If there is any politician that has bought the heart of his people, its Godswill, and he has all the Inec recs and area boys at his beck and call, and I keep saying it that the greatest mistake PDP made was to loosehim... It was the annang peoples vote and the money bags to the Inec recs that brought Udom to power....
Umana Okon Umana did not even hv those but they threatened PDP (with neither federal nor state might) so now, APC has the Annang people, APC has the Ibibio people, and the hv the local boys and the federal might...
Its already game over before kickoff.

But 2019 will still be funn..

7 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Sparkle22(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2018
Akpabio And Violence
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by okerekeikpo: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2018
Akpabio is a girl

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by gamaliel9: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2018
Why is violence always connected to this Akpabio? Even when he was in PDP,it was the same...at a time more than 30 brand new vehicles were burnt in Uyo in a day because the seller was part of his opposers in the then ACN...Still in APC..it has continued

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by mrvitalis(m): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2018
Lordsocrates:

Dnt try asking this question ooo..
Godswill Akpabio is local, he has overdone things for his people , there are thousands that wil kill for him
Let me see how udom would get 35% self in anang

Uyo zone has left him, oron has been pro apc from Day one

Udom and nsima would share eket zone

D number don't add up for udom I swear

3 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2018
mrvitalis:

When I see people write Akwa Ibom is PDP, i just laugh at them, they dont know nothing bout Akwa Ibom state....

Go to plaza the centre of the state and you will see die hard APC fanatics that will kill and mob for APC, who be you to float PDP for Plaza, and those area boys no go reg u..

Politics is Local, its one thing Akpabio knew and banked on,and its one thing Udom didnt know to invest in, very early.

2 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by RobsonsTARz: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2018
Wetin u want make I talk now?

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by dizzle101(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2018
[quote author=Lordsocrates post=72780058]This is what i tel people, Godswill Akpabio is more than ur everyday politician... When Godswill was in power he did 3 things
Infrastructural development.
Stomach development.
And he groomed lots of local youths to be his die hard soldiers.

In his village, all the houses of people staying close to his abode, he renovated all of them on his own, and gave them almost close to the same look as his own...

As Senator, he bought thousands of generators,hundredsof Keke and bikes for his constituency briefing...

If there is any politician that has bought the heart of his people, its Godswill, and he has all the Inec recs and area boys at his beck and call, and I keep saying it that the greatest mistake PDP made was to loosehim...APC has the Annang people. My bro abeg speak for urself alone cuz last time i checked pdp still hold Annang.
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by UnimkeAk(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2018
Lordsocrates:

When I see people write Akwa Ibom is PDP, i just laugh at them, they dont know nothing bout Akwa Ibom state....

Go to plaza the centre of the state and you will see die hard APC fanatics that will kill and mob for APC, who be you to float PDP for Plaza, and those area boys no go reg u..

Politics is Local, its one thing Akpabio knew and banked on,and its one thing Udom didnt know to invest in, very early.

2019 no far #
Bookmarked#
I go remind u

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 08, 2018
mrvitalis:

u r confused,d oron left pdp because of akpabio,mind u d ssg is an oron man,d uyo zone will overwhelmingly vote pdp cause they r waiting for 2023 n udom has done creditably well,lastly ik zone will be shared (akpabio will win essien~udim,obot akara,but pdp will win(ik,oruk anam,abak,etim ekpo,ika,ukanafun], una go see rigging wey oba go do una neva chi chom chin

2 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 08, 2018
Lordsocrates:

so u that lots of underground work is ongoing, do u knw that its oba that used to do d dirty work for akpabio?

2 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by mrvitalis(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2018
otuekong1:
u r confused,d oron left pdp because of akpabio,mind u d ssg is an oron man,d uyo zone will overwhelmingly vote pdp cause they r waiting for 2023 n udom has done creditably well,lastly ik zone will be shared (akpabio will win essien~udim,obot akara,but pdp will win(ik,oruk anam,abak,etim ekpo,ika,ukanafun], una go see rigging wey oba go do una neva chi chom chin
So u are banking on rigging

Oga I'm in uyo as I speak... I dare u to come to Plaza lets ask 100 people if 51 prefer udom I give u 100k

2 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Anijay1212(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2018
henchamb:
They came in buses and they all jumped into the river to escape.
Journalists Tho
Lol...
Fake and sensational news everywhere.

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Anijay1212(m): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2018
Every news is now tailored towards creating discord and unrest to favour those that gets to the press first.
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oga I'm in uyo as I speak... I dare u to come to Plaza lets ask 100 people if 51 prefer udom I give u 100k
am now at d fed secretariat,i doubt if u will ve up to 30people that will via for apc,udom is not perfect but nsima ekere will be a disaster(ask urself for 2yrz that he has been NDDC MD, what are is achievements,let him list them,mind you i know d man wella

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by backbone503(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2018
Akpabio, during his time as governor and presently as senator, has and is still doing so much for everyday Akwa Ibomites. Udom dosen't even carry half the influence he has in AKS.

So, anything against Akpabio will likely meet very stiff opposition and is likely not to succed
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Kjking(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2018
mrvitalis:

You really are correct!!!! i ask not a fan of Akpabio but you are right... i saw it with my own eyes
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 11:58am On Nov 08, 2018
[quote author=dizzle101 post=72780906][/quote]

Ikpa Attoo uke, yak iki do ntang se ndionghor, afor umu dionghor ke mkpo nte kiet atie atang ndisime

2 Likes

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
otuekong1:

Na Oba sabi riggin like dat him no be governor ?
Why him leave governor go senate if no be say him gats loyal to him boss ?

Kpong mkpo ado ,2019 inionghor usung

1 Like

Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2018
Lordsocrates:

Na Oba sabi riggin like dat him no be governor ?
Why him leave governor go senate if no be say him gats loyal to him boss ?

Kpong mkpo ado ,2019 inionghor usung
because of d zoning arrangement,mind you udoedeghe is still very angry at d apc processes
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by Lordsocrates: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
otuekong1:
because of d zoning arrangement,mind you udoedeghe is still very angry at d apc processes

Lols, who Udoedeghe epp...
Udo Is the most Useless cheiftain in APC in dat state, he knows how to score own goals beta dan evry1 else
Re: A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home by poiZon: 2:33pm On Nov 08, 2018
Lordsocrates:
Yak mbre ado atonghor
ajid ibre udom emmanuel.
afo abo dieh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Drowning, His Ambition Impeding PDP Candidates In Rivers — APC / Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected / Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.