Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Genesis Of The Super Alpha Male. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Genesis Of The Super Alpha Male. (3302 Views)

Characteristics Of An Alpha Male...(the Ladies Man) / . / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Genesis Of The Super Alpha Male. by LordReed(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2010
Is this supposed to be some kinda ego trip? Cos I don't see wat u are driving at.

Wat u described is a bored dude not some1 happy wit life.
Re: The Genesis Of The Super Alpha Male. by oyinda3(f): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2010
lol

anyways, IMO this is a world wide phenomenon although it has a stronger presence in some parts of d world than others.
In Japan, it is called "male herbivores" theirs is a bit more extreme but u get the idea.
it's also happening in Finland etc
even in d USA the phenomenon is rising.

most attribute it to economic recession and d rise of female status. ie gender roles are changing.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/07/the-end-of-men/8135/
http://www.slate.com/id/2220535

i love how you call it "super alpha male" though. that's pure comedy at it's best.
u mean "super wuss male"  tongue

i'm not complaining though.
Re: The Genesis Of The Super Alpha Male. by mystikal(m): 4:05am On Oct 15, 2010
Alpha males does not neccesarily refer to men who are bored with relationships. Clearly, what you are trying to establish here is that rships can be boring, which is true btw, but being alpha is not synonymous with men/women bored/scared of rships.

People would want to believe that getting regular lay is a true alpha male; that the real measure of an alpha lies in his ability to dominate other men, or his command of his environment, or his taste for wonderful adventures. While these are admirable alpha traits, they are nothing but a means to an end. Make no mistake, at the most fundamental level the crux of a man’s worth is measured by his desirability to women, whether he chooses to play the game or not. PUCCY is the holy grail

That is why the obese, anti-social nerd who manages to unlock the gate to the secret garden and bang a 10/10 chic regularly is an alpha male.  And that is also why the rich, charming entrepreneur who because of an emotional deficiency or mental sickness lives mired in parched celibacy is not an alpha male.
Re: The Genesis Of The Super Alpha Male. by SALady(f): 10:19am On Oct 15, 2010
@topic, this is the reason why I still cant understand why would anyone date anyone 10 years older than they are. I have a problem with somebady that's been there done that, got the t-shirt, flippin tired and still not impressed. No I cant.

This alpha male seems to have a lot of emotional baggage than I can deal with, Sorry I'll pass.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girls And Sex / Check Out The Mean Text Guy Sent Girlfriend After She Told Him She Was Pregnant / Super Hot Tips To Flirt With A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.