Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (24304 Views)

aa / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl? / Light Skin Guy Vs Dark Skin Guy, Which Do You Prefer Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Mannylex(m): 2:41am On Dec 09, 2012
This is for the ladies.... Guys can also comment, from experience...

Ladies, In your dreams you fantasise about the ‘nice guy’. The one, who rings on time, brings you thoughtful gifts, makes you scream out loud in the bedroom, but knows that those dishes in the kitchen won’t wash themselves. The nice guy makes himself available to you, makes you an integral part of his life and introduces you to his mother. Without you asking first.Except, I’m finding that it’s rarely the nice guy that gets any long-term air play!

Yeah, we all like be fawned over, idolised and unchallenged at the beginning of a relationship. It restores to our ego that which we lost when we last ventured into the relationship battle field. But after a while, sooner rather than later when talking about myself, the admiration starts to wear thin. You want to be challenged, intellectually, physically, maybe even emotionally.
The nice guy is almost TOO easy.

I cringe as I write this, as it means I haven’t evolved into the type of woman that thought I was. But I realise that my rebellion against what appears to be “common sense”, is derived from something bigger than my intellect.

My intuition

I’m drawn, physically, spiritually, emotionally, to the Alpha Male. He wets my taste buds and the thought of him makes me high. Yet this Alpha Male I hunger for, he lets me down, makes promises he doesn’t keep. And at any given time, I could be knowingly or otherwise, participating in some kind of Bleep triangle. Or whatever kind of sexual balance he’s seeking at that time.

The Alpha male hunts. It’s in his nature. Always on the move, his illusiveness is intoxicating to a female in season. The Alpha male keeps you guessing and feeds you just enough so you’re not hungry, but never entirely full. The same behaviours the alpha male finds attractive in the alpha female I find. There’s something alluring about a man/woman who’s not too available. I don’t mean distant, and selfish, but that illusiveness that keeps you asking questions, seeking, and learning.

Your intelligence and a quick trip down memory lane, tells you to go for a ‘nice guy’. The sure fire thing. Steady, reliable, transparent.

But does a man loose him power when he completely lets his guard down?

Is there a time scale in which we can show our vulnerabilities and neediness within a relationship? Male or female?

When does a declaration of love stop being erotic, and become a turn off?

And that’s the key difference between the ‘Alpha male’ and the ‘nice guy’.
Timing

The Alpha male knows what to say and when to say it. He has confidence in spades, but can be self-deprecating in the same breath. The Alpha male disarms you with his heady mix of intense charm and casual disinterest. His deal clincher is to appeal to your nurturing side. A second of vulnerability is all it takes. He knows you’re watching him so intently; you’d never miss it. The Alpha male makes you examine yourself.

Am I good enough?

Can I have this man, and if not, then why not?

He becomes something you want to conquer. And when he’s flipped the script on you, and got you thinking that way, well…

It’s game over.

With that whole mind Bleep to contend with, it begs the question why relatively intelligent, post-modern women, don’t lodge the game playing alpha male, in favour of something a little more stable, a little more likely to give us some of things that we honestly want. Are we dumb, blind, mentally unstable?
Why the nice guy never wins!

Granted, the nice guy, turns up on time, answers his phone in front of you (he has nothing to hide), showers you with compliments, listens to you, lets you decide where to go and what to do, backs down first in an argument wanting to keep the peace. But for the nice guy, his blessing is also his curse.

He lacks that” take charge” quality which women seem to find irresistible.

He’s just too damn nice.

He’s got No game!

All his cards are on the table in the first innings. He’s letting it all hang out, and wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Question?

“Why is genuine, unfettered emotion, so often seen as neediness, and why is neediness such a big turn off”. After all , we all have needs?

As I ponder on this subject. I realise the ‘nice guy’ takes on many female traits. He relinquishes the stereotype of modern day masculinity, and speaks his whole heart, showing his vulnerability and insecurities early on. In his enthusiasm for you, he removes his ego, and becomes kind of fearless, subject to his emotions. Real.

I’m sure these outpourings of adoration, constant compliments, and ego strokes are meant to titillate. They definitely warm your heart, and for a while they cater to my insecurities. But rather quickly, they leave me cold. They de-sexualise the man for me. He’s like a lion with no teeth. And I need to hear my lion roar.

My common sense rebukes me for wanting the danger, the opportunity for high drama. Calls me foolish for not being content with being worshipped and adored. But my heart knows’ the 100% no challenge, yes mam, nice guy, will never be for me.

I hunger for balance .For him, and also for myself.

The alpha male, who knows how to take his place, yet in doing so, understands the intrinsic needs of my feminine energy, even the parts of me that resonate ‘Alpha female’. Supposedly his rival.

I guess that would be a nice guy for me.

This is a hotly debated topic with so many single ladies out there. Tell me what you think about The Nice Guy Vs The Alpha Male!!!

Which have you chosen in the past and how has that worked out for you? Come start a debate in the comments.

http://www.mylifestylemax.com/2011/03/the-alpha-male-vs-the-nice-guy/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 09, 2012
I have a different definition of an Alpha Male but anyway.

I don't want neither of the two you described here. wink

The type of the nice guy you described here seems boring.
The other not mature for having a relationship based on love and respect. This guy will only give you headache and eventually heartache.

Fortunately, the world has more to offer than what is presented here.

8 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by ektbear: 4:49am On Dec 09, 2012
Being too nice to girls is a really bad idea. Give em an inch they'll take a mile.

Unfortunately for me, by nature I'm a nice guy...so I've had to learn to suppress my instincts.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 09, 2012
The Nice guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Yasmine(f): 7:29am On Dec 09, 2012
I find myself falling for the kind of guy ekt_bear describes .. The undercover nice guy ---> He roars in the crowd, dons the 'player' veneer with full swag, chases and hunts and is as elusive as the best Alpha male, gives me grief trying to get his attention, but when I (finally) get to know him, see that under all that braggadacio, he's really a well-brought up, kind, loving nice guy with a softside , who can stand up when necessary !

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by pleep(m): 8:46am On Dec 09, 2012
I probably seem like a nice person on the surface, but whenever people cross me they find out i am an animal. I try to let ppl know right off the bat that i don't tolerate anything, but they don't seem to get the memo undecided

As for the topic, women don't really know what they want so just be yourself... But NEVER be a nice guy

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Agassa: 8:52am On Dec 09, 2012
@op,don't get it twisted.The alpha male can also be a nice guy who has a healthy dose of self esteem and worth. He is not always willing to take bullshiiit from women and he is not afraid to walk away.

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2012
Agassa: @op,don't get it twisted.The alpha male can also be a nice guy who has a healthy dose of self esteem and worth. He is not always willing to take bullshiiit from women and he is not afraid to walk away.
dis is it!!
i prefer the alpha nice male.

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by k2039: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2012
I'm a nice guy by default.

I tried using alpha male as a preset setting, but I just keep reverting back to my default program

15 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Mannylex(m): 6:52am On Dec 10, 2012
The thing is ladies would always complain, and use every attitude as an excuse.... If u are too cool, they wont like it, they would say u are dull, try to be firm, they say u dont love them...

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 10, 2012
I have never beemn nice to any woman, and I won't be in the future.

5 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by lolaluv1(f): 7:37am On Dec 10, 2012
Op.
My definition of alpha-male is a man that is purposeful. Knows what he wants and goes after it tenaciously. He protects his own, he defends his territory. A man of integrity secure in himself, he helps his woman achieve her dreams.
The attributes go on....

My man is all that and more. And he's nice too! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by pleep(m): 7:59am On Dec 10, 2012
k2039: I'm a nice guy by default.

I tried using alpha male as a preset setting, but I just keep reverting back to my default program
BS, nice guys are weak. Its a mix of low self-esteem, fear and desperation... i think the ladies can sense this.

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by DANILSA(m): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
tpacalipse: I have never beemn nice to any woman, and I won't be in the future.
PLAY BOY RAISE TO POWER 2

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by DANILSA(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Yasmine: I find myself falling for the kind of guy ekt_bear describes .. The undercover nice guy ---> He roars in the crowd, dons the 'player' veneer with full swag, chases and hunts and is as elusive as the best Alpha male, gives me grief trying to get his attention, but when I (finally) get to know him, see that under all that braggadacio, he's really a well-brought up, kind, loving nice guy with a softside , who can stand up when necessary !
WERE U GO SEE AM?
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by vanstanzy(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mannylex: This is for the ladies.... Guys can also comment, from experience...

Ladies, In your dreams you fantasise about the ‘nice guy’. The one, who rings on time, brings you thoughtful gifts, makes you scream out loud in the bedroom, but knows that those dishes in the kitchen won’t wash themselves. The nice guy makes himself available to you, makes you an integral part of his life and introduces you to his mother. Without you asking first.Except, I’m finding that it’s rarely the nice guy that gets any long-term air play!

Yeah, we all like be fawned over, idolised and unchallenged at the beginning of a relationship. It restores to our ego that which we lost when we last ventured into the relationship battle field. But after a while, sooner rather than later when talking about myself, the admiration starts to wear thin. You want to be challenged, intellectually, physically, maybe even emotionally.
The nice guy is almost TOO easy.

I cringe as I write this, as it means I haven’t evolved into the type of woman that thought I was. But I realise that my rebellion against what appears to be “common sense”, is derived from something bigger than my intellect.

My intuition

I’m drawn, physically, spiritually, emotionally, to the Alpha Male. He wets my taste buds and the thought of him makes me high. Yet this Alpha Male I hunger for, he lets me down, makes promises he doesn’t keep. And at any given time, I could be knowingly or otherwise, participating in some kind of Bleep triangle. Or whatever kind of sexual balance he’s seeking at that time.

The Alpha male hunts. It’s in his nature. Always on the move, his illusiveness is intoxicating to a female in season. The Alpha male keeps you guessing and feeds you just enough so you’re not hungry, but never entirely full. The same behaviours the alpha male finds attractive in the alpha female I find. There’s something alluring about a man/woman who’s not too available. I don’t mean distant, and selfish, but that illusiveness that keeps you asking questions, seeking, and learning.

Your intelligence and a quick trip down memory lane, tells you to go for a ‘nice guy’. The sure fire thing. Steady, reliable, transparent.

But does a man loose him power when he completely lets his guard down?

Is there a time scale in which we can show our vulnerabilities and neediness within a relationship? Male or female?

When does a declaration of love stop being erotic, and become a turn off?

And that’s the key difference between the ‘Alpha male’ and the ‘nice guy’.
Timing

The Alpha male knows what to say and when to say it. He has confidence in spades, but can be self-deprecating in the same breath. The Alpha male disarms you with his heady mix of intense charm and casual disinterest. His deal clincher is to appeal to your nurturing side. A second of vulnerability is all it takes. He knows you’re watching him so intently; you’d never miss it. The Alpha male makes you examine yourself.

Am I good enough?

Can I have this man, and if not, then why not?

He becomes something you want to conquer. And when he’s flipped the script on you, and got you thinking that way, well…

It’s game over.

With that whole mind Bleep to contend with, it begs the question why relatively intelligent, post-modern women, don’t lodge the game playing alpha male, in favour of something a little more stable, a little more likely to give us some of things that we honestly want. Are we dumb, blind, mentally unstable?
Why the nice guy never wins!

Granted, the nice guy, turns up on time, answers his phone in front of you (he has nothing to hide), showers you with compliments, listens to you, lets you decide where to go and what to do, backs down first in an argument wanting to keep the peace. But for the nice guy, his blessing is also his curse.

He lacks that” take charge” quality which women seem to find irresistible.

He’s just too damn nice.

He’s got No game!

All his cards are on the table in the first innings. He’s letting it all hang out, and wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Question?

“Why is genuine, unfettered emotion, so often seen as neediness, and why is neediness such a big turn off”. After all , we all have needs?

As I ponder on this subject. I realise the ‘nice guy’ takes on many female traits. He relinquishes the stereotype of modern day masculinity, and speaks his whole heart, showing his vulnerability and insecurities early on. In his enthusiasm for you, he removes his ego, and becomes kind of fearless, subject to his emotions. Real.

I’m sure these outpourings of adoration, constant compliments, and ego strokes are meant to titillate. They definitely warm your heart, and for a while they cater to my insecurities. But rather quickly, they leave me cold. They de-sexualise the man for me. He’s like a lion with no teeth. And I need to hear my lion roar.

My common sense rebukes me for wanting the danger, the opportunity for high drama. Calls me foolish for not being content with being worshipped and adored. But my heart knows’ the 100% no challenge, yes mam, nice guy, will never be for me.

I hunger for balance .For him, and also for myself.

The alpha male, who knows how to take his place, yet in doing so, understands the intrinsic needs of my feminine energy, even the parts of me that resonate ‘Alpha female’. Supposedly his rival.

I guess that would be a nice guy for me.

This is a hotly debated topic with so many single ladies out there. Tell me what you think about The Nice Guy Vs The Alpha Male!!!

Which have you chosen in the past and how has that worked out for you? Come start a debate in the comments.

http://www.mylifestylemax.com/2011/03/the-alpha-male-vs-the-nice-guy/

Which kyn question be this? How many times will u keep repeating the same question? angry angry angry Oops! i just did the same thing now. wink
If u must know, ladies love guys that treat 'em like paper. U happy now? angry

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Redmosquito(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Minion: Your Heartlessness! Which is of more value? The nice guy or the alpha male
Hades: Alpha male?! Nothing but simian inmates of zoos. They break the hearts of foolish girls and then it is up to nice guys to fix the damaged organs. Nice guys are the unappreciated gifts of good to the world. Alpha males are nothing but evil-mongers.
Minion: My King! So it can be said that mortals prefer the bad to the good!?
Redmosquito: But seriously the topic is just good vs evil

11 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Coldfeet(f): 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
undecided undecided Omega is better and much preferred! That's the kind of male that human race lacks! They are just too few to go round! Thank God I have gotten one!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
Most women don't know what they want (they will say that they do, but they'll do the opposite, I guess this is human behaviour. I prefer a man who is real not one who bases who he is on what he thinks I might like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by somegirl1: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
the op described mr player vs mr boring, not alpha male vs nice guy

Men shouldn't always be available, neither should women.

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by DANILSA(m): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
GIRLS IN ABUJA PREFERS THE MONEY GUYS THAN THE TWO MENTIONED ABOVE undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by DANILSA(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

Which kyn question be this? How many times will u keep repeating the same question? angry angry angry Oops! i just did the same thing now. wink
If u must know, ladies love guys that treat 'em like paper. U happy now? angry
DID YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE TOPIC TO TYPE THIS? OR angry sad undecided

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
Im mean to ladies by default. Lol badman no need any drama
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Abali1(m): 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
Agassa: @op,don't get it twisted.The alpha male can also be a nice guy who has a healthy dose of self esteem and worth. He is not always willing to take bullshiiit from women and he is not afraid to walk away.

Like this guy, am the Nice Guy with a Healthy dose of self esteem and an almost Rigid principles. If go against some of those principles, I walk away and never look back. Some of my female friends think that I am difficult to deal with, but I am not.
Girls think that every Nice guy out there is a fool and a play thing. SMH

7 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by crackhaus: 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
The alpha-male is your choice then.

~vicky~:
Most women don't know what they want (they will say that they do, but they'll do the opposite, I guess this is human behaviour. I prefer a man who is real not one who bases who he is on what he thinks I might like
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ topic I sense manipulation. Ladies wanting to manipulate guys, don't let them get into your head guys and another five years from now they cook-up newer and different definations for the masculine gender.
My advise guys just be your self and leave the women to be thinking about alpha, omega, nice and un-nice males and stop fitting into their categorisations.

3 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by drnoel: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
Cut the crap. No matter how much of an alpha male a guy tries to play at. If the girls he likes don't like him, then he is dog shit. He won't even get to first base. Guys should learn to be themselves, and not try to portray the imaginations of one bitter writer that had a bad row with his girlfriend and suddenly saw the light of his ignorances and then became even more myopic that he previously was, looking for alpha males or females in an open book of his mind.
I believe, if someone is a nice guy, pls remain one. Learn the lessons of life that way, if it comes hard, then so be it, if it comes easy, then fine. There is no lesson one can learn, in a write-up or in the pages of a magazine, its all........bullshit. The best teacher, is life experiences and one never forgets such a lesson.
So guys, forget this alpha male bullshit,....I know, I thought I was once one but had change my ideologies after life lessons taught me better.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Francheezy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
dafuq !z d mean!ng 0f aLL diz ?
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by nairabacks(f): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
sadeiyare: @ topic I sense manipulation. Ladies wanting to manipulate guys, don't let them get into your head guys and another five years from now they cook-up newer and different definations for the masculine gender.
My advise guys just be your self and leave the women to be thinking about alpha, omega, nice and un-nice males and stop fitting into their categorisations.

15,000 LIKES

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
crackhaus: The alpha-male is your choice then.

lt doesn't have to be 'nice guy or alpha jerk ' there are loads of guys of all diffrent types out there. Friendly, plesant, well-mannered, jerk, loser, whatever. My point is that women usually end up meeting or dating alot of diffrent guys. Just like guys date a lot of diffrent women.
Classifying men and women into 'catigories' doesn't work, it seems like there are only 2 types but you are wrong, there are lots and lots of diffrent types out there.

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
Nice guy. Who has time for games and puzzles? Everyone is busy and chasing money ojare. Alpha male is an immature man who fits an immature woman. I will take the nice guy any day. As long as he's ambitious and bed skills are on point. Best of all worlds imo. Life is about peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by crackhaus: 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
IMO these categorizations are grossly incomplete. Infact, I can do us one better: the alpha-nice-rich-committed-religious Male. I'm sure this is what all single ladies want, right? Get your heads straight yo!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Don't Leave Her If She Cheats On You, Just Apologize To Her' - Lady Advises Men / Where Are The Beautiful Girls On Nl / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.