Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors (10910 Views)

Foreign Actors Of Nigerian Descent / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tkb417(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
Skirtel:

The action of the ghanian government + that of nollyhood are both in the right direction. It is good for the industry. May be it's time the actors/actresses begin to increase their fee.

true
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by agitator: 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
noted sir grin grin
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tkb417(m): 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^ ure not serious o grin grin
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by stagger: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
It is about time we begin to put these narcissistic countries in their place. We have allowed Ghanaians to work here without inhibition in time past. They should not bite the fingers that literally fed them (and i dare say are still feeding them through the influx of our students who are paying fees and keeping their universities awash with Nigerian cash).
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by omofat: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
stagger:

It is about time we begin to put these narcissistic countries in their place. We have allowed Ghanaians to work here without inhibition in time past. They should not bite the fingers that literally fed them (and i dare say are still feeding them through the influx of our students who are paying fees and keeping their universities awash with Nigerian cash).

Like as if they begged to have your students in their universities.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ayowumie(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2010
abhosts:

I view this as a Very Childish Response. Even if Nigeria Stands still for a hundred years (God Forbid), Ghana will still not catch up with Nigeria. Nollywood should have just ignored their Paranoia.
U need to have a rethink regarding what u ve just posted. In intn'l relations and diplomacy, especially in the realist school of thought, they say "there are no permanent friends but permanent interest." The best response is usually counter-offensive and that is just what Nollywood has done. So, this is nt childish in any way considering Nigeria serves as the largest market to Ghanian movies outside its own soil. Such a move from Ghollywood therefore calls strict "sanctions".
Its never good to bite the finger that fed you!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by bisiaet: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
Up Nollywood I am so happy now we are waking up from our slumber there is no more good boy anywhere anylonger. I am so happy and delighted infact they need more tougher sanction against foreign especially the ass hole ghollywood because they started it first. Many African countries take Nigeria for granted so much. I said it before that sometime tell a wicked man you are wicked or even do to him a little wickedness for him to feel it how it pains.

Ghanians thought they have arrived never know they havent reach anywhere yet they started from from school fees discrimination and hike, followed by business registration and now movie I was in Accra Ghana A while ago I spoke to one of the biggest actor in the so called ghollywood or whatever they call themselves some time few months ago it was shocking that he told me point blankly he hate Nigerians and hate Nigeria actors and he is already tutoring a move to stop them from coming in I was shocked this is not news or someone sais it he said it right to my face then I said to him look mr man I am not a bastrad Nigeria for you tobull shit my country so if you so hate my country Nigeria I too hate you and your country called Ghana with passion ok. This man said so many things it was then I knew this movie issue will happen and it happened.

Please lets lock horn with them and see who will loose at last. I heard things from our fellow Ghanians that I could not belief I was forced to ask them so the hatred is this high what did Nigeria did? all they could say oh Nigeria send us out in 80's and I said to them oh Ghanian send, rape, deported, even killed Nigerians in Mid 60's do you remember so what a hell are you talking about, it was unbelievable but I am so delighted they will face the pinch now on their flesh too and know hatred is not a good way of livivng. Hatred create emnity and unecessary hardship and break down of trust but since they want to live in the past good for them. BRAVO NOLLYWOOD.!!!!!!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Vquest(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
This is not the way forward. I'd much rather have seen the bigwigs in Nolyhood hold a press conference highlighting Ghana's position and says we are not going to follow that path, as it would not advance the industry in the region. Hey, may be I'm being naive.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by papa190(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2010
i dont even watch both nollywood or gholly so wetin concern me
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Akwasi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
stagger:

I can officially say this is the dumbest guy on Nairaland. You mean u ran away from ur best universities in Nigeria to Ghana's mediocre universities just to feed them with cash? U need to be checked
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by MRMoneyE(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2010
This one na AK 44 for ghanian actors and actress in 9ja oooo Am loving this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by olagentle: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nigerian actors are joker.  you all went to Ghana to develop thier country and economy, and you expect Ghania to fold their hands and allow lawess people like Nigerians to distroy their economy. NO, they don't need Nigerians in Ghana again that is the message. If Nigeria actors request for N250,000.00 form foreign or Ghana actor before they can act in Nigeria then Nigeria actor is a joker,  How much do you even pay Nigeria actor talkless of Ghana actor?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by olagentle: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nigerian actors are joker.  you all went to Ghana to develop thier country and economy, and you expect Ghania to fold their hands and allow lawess people like Nigerians to distroy their economy. NO, they don't need Nigerians in Ghana again that is the message. If Nigeria actors request for N250,000.00 form foreign or Ghana actor before they can act in Nigeria then Nigeria actor is a joker,  How much do you even pay Nigeria actor talkless of Ghana actor?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by omofat: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
Akwasi:

I can officially say this is the dumbest guy on Nairaland. You mean u ran away from your best universities in Nigeria to Ghana's mediocre universities just to feed them with cash? U need to be checked

I think the guy was just having a bad morning.

If he really reasons like that and he is a product of those fantastic nigerian universities, then perhaps he really should have attended one of those ghanaian universities.

He should have "fed" them with his school fees in exchange for some good reasoning abilities.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by CGKing(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
Very raz! Quick quick them run retaliate, like do me I do you. Una no fit think big?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
stagger:

Are you sure about this? You remember Ghana Must Go?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tkb417(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
olagentle:

Nigerian actors are joker.  you all went to Ghana to develop thier country and economy, and you expect Ghania to fold their hands and allow lawess people like Nigerians to distroy their economy. NO, they don't need Nigerians in Ghana again that is the message. If Nigeria actors request for N250,000.00 form foreign or Ghana actor before they can act in Nigeria then Nigeria actor is a joker,  How much do you even pay Nigeria actor talkless of Ghana actor?  
speak english

what are you trying to say?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
YES!!!! THOSE INGRATES WILL EAT SHIZZ TODAY!!!
taxing Nigerians for what?. . . it will hurt their industry even more because pretty much ALL of their actors and actresses act in Nollywood where they got their exposure and fame to a market outside of Ghana.

and people that keep saying "their movies are far better, quality sound blah blah"
sound and quality are not enough to make anyone watch a movie. Nollywood in the last 2 years has stepped their game up in quality and sound. . . this is not 2002,2003,2007.
most of their movies are boring, their storylines BORING, acting, poo!so many things.
i always fall asleep watching their movies.
some might feel that Nigerians "over act" but thats how a lot of Africans are dramatic, and the "drama" keeps me awake and interested.
Nadia Buari (for example) will rock a baby to sleep with the way she delivers lines.
the only thing Nollywood needs is new faces. . . we've been seeing the same people for 10+ years now.
but Emem Isong and others are already working on that.  cool
anyway. . . with that being said.
HOUSE OF REPS!
from the beginning until 4:04

[flash=425,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crR6_aX2pio[/flash]
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Redman44(m): 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2010
This Nigeria-Ghana rivalry is getting out of hand sad sad  Normally, Nigerians should not be bothered about Ghana's seeming economic growth. Ghana and Nigeria are light years apart in potentials and intelligence. I don't want to join issues with anyone here, but I've come across some nasty Ghanaians in Britain. These guys have carried their animosity towards Nigerians to Britain. The other day, two of them of them were arguing with me that their football is more developed and better than that of Nigeria. I listened to what they had to say before giving them my response. I told them- ' Ghana's football is on the rise because of the clueless football executives we have in Nigeria. When it comes to individual soccer talent, Nigeria is far ahead of Ghana. Ghana's football revolution started in 2005 but you've not won the African Nations Cup since then. If Nigeria employs a solid coach in 2010 and reforms the NFF, the Super Eagles will win the next African Nations Cup in 2012.'  While I do not support the rabid increase in participatory fees by Nigerian Film Bodies, Ghanaians have to realize that Nigeria will soon get her acts together. Nigeria is the powerhouse of West Africa. When the sleeping giant wakes up, Ghana will catch cold a thousand times cheesy cheesy cheesy  Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by mamagee3(f): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nollywood is becoming a serious joke these days.

I don't about these foreign actors though.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by eldee(m): 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
Isn't this whole Clearance Fee thing against ECOWAS rules or sumn??
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by eyoniggar(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
Redman44:

This Nigeria-Ghana rivalry is getting out of hand sad sad  Normally, Nigerians should not be bothered about Ghana's seeming economic growth. Ghana and Nigeria are light years apart in potentials and intelligence. I don't want to join issues with anyone here, but I've come across some nasty Ghanaians in Britain. These guys have carried their animosity towards Nigerians to Britain. The other day, two of them of them were arguing with me that their football is more developed and better than that of Nigeria. I listened to what they had to say before giving them my response. I told them- ' Ghana's football is on the rise because of the clueless football executives we have in Nigeria. When it comes to individual soccer talent, Nigeria is far ahead of Ghana. Ghana's football revolution started in 2005 but you've not won the African Nations Cup since then. If Nigeria employs a solid coach in 2010 and reforms the NFF, the Super Eagles will win the next African Nations Cup in 2012.'  While I do not support the rabid increase in participatory fees by Nigerian Film Bodies, Ghanaians have to realize that Nigeria will soon get her acts together. Nigeria is the powerhouse of West Africa. When the sleeping giant wakes up, Ghana will catch cold a thousand times cheesy cheesy cheesy  Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

GBAM!!!!! Brother you are too much.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by SSaemoenl(m): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
Fools, Ghana don teach them! I no fit grin
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by jposuagwu: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Am glad Nigerians are waking up now. How come every African country is taking Nigeria for granted. After sacrificing our soldiers and our national wealth to liberate them, they turn against us. Why? Because of electricity problem, some Nigerian companies relocated to Ghana instead of them to leverage on large market and funds provided by these nigerian companies, the Ghanaian govt started introducing stringent policies aimed at dealing with the Nigerian companies. The experience of Glo was so annoying that the company is struggling to find its footing in Ghana. I very much like the retaliation by Nigerian actors. To hell with Ghana. No matter what happens, Ghana call never measure up to Nigeria. LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Aderupoko2: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Great Nollywood, these Ghanians and even most African countries just hate us like mad, Lets see who wins.We have the biggest market in Africa tongue
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by SSaemoenl(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^na wetin u thinks, anyway, u said ur mind. lipsrsealed
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Redman44(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
@eyoniggar,

Thanks for the compliment. The Ghanaians are just being envious of Nigerians. They know that we are better than them on any level. A Ghanaian guy at my place of work ( He is a bit realistic than the other dudes from Ghana I've met in recent times ) even told me that Accra is the only city that seems to be very developed in Ghana. He said his town does not have much infrastructure. I have some analyses to make here:

1. Nigeria might be a third world country but there are many areas in Nigeria that developed in all terms. I won't talk about Abuja here. I will be going too far by doing that. Alagbaka in Akure and Jericho in Ibadan are residential and business/industrial areas that Ghanaians will be very envious of. Some areas of Kaduna are very developed and the people living in these areas are middle class and Government workers.
2. How many international musicians and actors of Ghanaian origin exist compared to Nigeria? We have Sade Adu, Ayo, Seal, Tunde Baiyewu et al. Nneka Egbuna,  a Nigerian-German musician is holding the world spellbound at the moment. The remix of her song 'Heartbeat' features Nas.
3. You can't even compare the graphical quality of Nigerian Magazines and Newspapers to those of Ghana. Nigerians only need to care about one another. Then the Federal Government has to start investing in modern infrastructure and strive to provide 24 hours power supply. Nigeria has all it takes to becoming Africa's industrial powerhouse. Ghana is nowhere near Nigeria in reality. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
Redman44:

1. Nigeria might be a third world country but there are many areas in Nigeria that developed in all terms. I won't talk about Abuja here. I will be going too far by doing that. Alagbaka in Akure and Jericho in Ibadan are residential and business/industrial areas that Ghanaians will be very envious of. Some areas of Kaduna are very developed and the people living in these areas are middle class and Government workers.
2. How many international musicians and actors of Ghanaian origin exist compared to Nigeria? We have Sade Adu, Ayo, Seal, Tunde Baiyewu et al. Nneka Egbuna,  a Nigerian-German musician is holding the world spellbound at the moment. The remix of her song 'Heartbeat' features Nas.
3. You can't even compare the graphical quality of Nigerian Magazines and Newspapers to those of Ghana. Nigerians only need to care about one another. Then the Federal Government has to start investing in modern infrastructure and strive to provide 24 hours power supply. Nigeria has all it takes to becoming Africa's industrial powerhouse. Ghana is nowhere near Nigeria in reality. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
please stay on topic. . . but i agree with the bold part.
The ONLY reason i see these producers running to film in Ghana is because of the constant electricity.
if the government can provide 24/7 power supply. . . will Nigerians even need to go to Ghana to film anymore?
everything that is in Ghana is already in Nigeria, its only the power supply that is worrying these Nollywood producers.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ikengawo: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
i dont like this development. trying to block out nigeria was a stupid move on ghana's behalf but we shouldn't do the same, we need to increase our global reach and incorporate MORE africans so they aren't forced to create their own industries to compete with ours. we should meet their demand for shine by supplying it.

i think we should only charge GHANIANS not everyone, that's just stupid.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Avenir(m): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
In a direct reaction to that ugly development, heads of Guilds of the Nigerian motion picture industry under the aegis of Coalition of Nollywood Guilds and Association(CONGA) last Tuesday rolled out stringent measures for foreign actors working in Nigeria.
The coalition said, the new guidelines are put in place to protect the Nigerian movie industry as well as regulate the activities of foreign practitioners in the country.

------------
-----------------------------

Meanwhile, reacting to this development, Director-General of the Nigerian Film Corporation, Mr Afolabi Adesanya, when contacted distanced his establishment from the new policy, saying “they are on their own.”
However, while the new guidelines are a welcome development to the industry, observed have expressed reservation over a possible clash of interest coupled with disagreement with the regulatory bodies.

Coalition of Nollywood Guilds and Association (CONGA) is really on its own. I don’t think it is their place to make trade laws. I they need to make such laws, they need to lobby the national assembly.

The fact that they called a press conference and made proclamations does not mean that their proclamations become law. Their proclamation is simply unenforceable.

The worst they can do (if they have such clout – there are so many actor and marketer’s association) is to persuade their members from employing foreign actors and actresses and to stop distributing foreign films. They can’t stop a producer from employing anybody he wants to employ.

If laws are that easy, I will call a group of my pals cheesy and we’ll hold a press conference and proclaim that anybody that wants to build in Lagos must pay us $10,000 or else the building will not be allowed. grin We’ll tell the press that we have informed the Lagos state Government as a matter of courtesy. tongue
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by vislabraye(m): 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nollywood should realize that they don't need Ghana at all. If the producers are wise, they should cut off all Ghanians from their movies. After all, we made them. We have much more talents than they do. Just check out all our arrays of stars. We need to do our home work well.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2010
Interesting even though l dnt watch em junk movies answers my questions,

1. How much do our producers c.u.m. marketers pay each Nollywood actor for roles shot in 9ja?

2. Hw much does it cost to shoot a movie in Nigeria and Ghana also.?

3. How much do our producers c.u.m. marketers pay to a Ghanian actor in Ghana (is it too cheaper there than in Nigeria)?

4. Are our producers c.u.m. marketers following the adage that says, "if you pay peanuts, monkeys will work for you",  in order for them to cut prodtion costs using Ghanian acts and maximise profits via sales in both Ghana and Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Video - Comedian I Go Die. "Why A President Must Have B In His Name. / Predict Baba Suwe's Next Movie Title / BBNaija Lovers, Shegz & Bella Discuss Number Of Children They Will Have (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.