Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors (10911 Views)

Foreign Actors Of Nigerian Descent / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Smi1(m): 12:56am On Jul 27, 2010
Anyway I hate Ghanians with passion !!  I'm currently benching a Ghanian player here in my club and ever since the coach started using me more on he's formation, he's always busy talking poo with he's Ghanian brothers, but I don't give a fuQ. 

I don't buy the idea of Nollywood imposing the clearance fee thingy on other foreign Actors / Actress ( Only Ghanians ).
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by mamagee3(f): 12:58am On Jul 27, 2010
^^If you hate Ghanians with a passion, keep it to yourself.

No one cares and wants to know, wonder how despicable someone can be.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by oloritinu: 12:59am On Jul 27, 2010
thank you ooooooooooooooooooo mama-gee
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 27, 2010
My Nigerian brethen, I think this Ghana vs Nigeria comparisons has gotten out of hand.  It does nothing but make the Ghanaians ecstatic, it is like an opium for many Ghanaian. Several months ago, I was walking in downtown Calgary (Canada) with a Caucasian friend. As we were walking by a Bus stop, we bumped into a Ghanaian man who happened to be her acquaintance. She went ahead to introduce us, but  before we could finish exchanging compliments , and as soon as I told him I was Nigerian, he quickly interrupted, asking me whether I was aware that his country too now has oil in commercial quantities.  My friend and I were speechless for a moment - thinking how on earth could a mature adult be so childish and stupid - I calmly wished him good luck , and quickly changed the subject before he embarrasses himself any further.

Ghanaians often have low self-esteem and seek for attention whenever  they find themselves in the midst of Nigerians, and whenever matters concerning Nigeria is being discussed. However, I don't blame them, because when a dwarf finds him/herself in the midst of a giant, its very hard not to feel insecure.

My brethen, comparing Ghana to Lagos state, I think is more than just enough.  Anything further than that is a consolation for many Ghanaians and an insult to your country men/women.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by eridah2007(m): 2:18am On Jul 27, 2010
dayokanu:

I think the Nigerian-Ghanaian rivalry esp from the Ghanaian side is getting out of hand.

A Ghanaian guy was dating an African American chic and he once beat the girl and Instead of him to admit his fault, he told the girl she was lucky because if it were to be a Nigerian guy, the beating would have been worse.

There was also a beauty pageant amongst African girls and the winner on facebook was like "I won despite contesting against 11 Naija people"
Lolz
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tpiah: 2:25am On Jul 27, 2010
are nigerians the only ones who have some veneer of sophistication in their area?

not all nigerians though- there are many who have the same mentality and behaviour described in the last two posts.

even some greens sef
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by dayokanu(m): 2:45am On Jul 27, 2010
Tpiah

Small small with the English, BTW I dey wait you for corner o
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Princek12(m): 4:26am On Jul 27, 2010
Ghanaians are obviously jealous of Nigerians. I applaud whomever retaliated against by Ghana by imposing a fee on foreign actors, for it will truly show which country is dominant in the African movie industry. First, Nigeria has a population of over $150 million compared to Ghana's $23 million. Common sense shows that we have the more lucrative market.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tpiah: 4:34am On Jul 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Tpiah

Small small with the English, BTW I dey wait you for corner o

my brother, dem no gree that kind thing for my deeper life church.

sorry.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by dayokanu(m): 5:08am On Jul 27, 2010
We want to discuss the apostolic journey of Brother Paul to Thesalonians and the Phillipians
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tpiah: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2010
^^ok then wink

head on to religion and start a thread there since you no wan waka

bible study it is, plus 40 days fasting and 45 days prayer retreat. wink
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Puvguy: 5:45am On Jul 27, 2010
Princek12:

Ghanaians are obviously jealous of Nigerians. I applaud whomever retaliated against by Ghana by imposing a fee on foreign actors, for it will truly show which country is dominant in the African movie industry. First, Nigeria has a population of over $150 million compared to Ghana's $23 million. Common sense shows that we have the more lucrative market.
;

Lol. . . U must be an ibo man!!! tongue
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by knick(m): 6:06am On Jul 27, 2010
Nice one,
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by dayokanu(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2010
Tpiah where are you
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tkb417(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2010
This Nigeria-Ghana rivalry is getting out of hand Normally, Nigerians should not be bothered about Ghana's seeming economic growth. Ghana and Nigeria are light years apart in potentials and intelligence. I don't want to join issues with anyone here, but I've come across some nasty Ghanaians in Britain. These guys have carried their animosity towards Nigerians to Britain. The other day, two of them of them were arguing with me that their football is more developed and better than that of Nigeria. I listened to what they had to say before giving them my response. I told them- ' Ghana's football is on the rise because of the clueless football executives we have in Nigeria. When it comes to individual soccer talent, Nigeria is far ahead of Ghana. Ghana's football revolution started in 2005 but you've not won the African Nations Cup since then. If Nigeria employs a solid coach in 2010 and reforms the NFF, the Super Eagles will win the next African Nations Cup in 2012.' While I do not support the rabid increase in participatory fees by Nigerian Film Bodies, Ghanaians have to realize that Nigeria will soon get her acts together. Nigeria is the powerhouse of West Africa. When the sleeping giant wakes up, Ghana will catch cold a thousand times Cheers.
if na football Ghana pass us

they are slightly better

5 or 4 nations cup titles to 2 for Nigeria doesnt sound good
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tkb417(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2010
this is very silly, its not a competition, laws are meant to be made to support the people and not spite other nations! How did you guys feel when Nigeria was put on a terror list? simply because Nigeria had more problems to deal with than a haywire pant bomber at the time!
How many ghanian actors work in nigeria anyways? so who will really suffer from this? Nollywoods board gets a little too exited they need to pipe down! Gollywood had a very good reason for what they did, there were too many Nigerians immigrating and its not fair on the indigenes, nollywod is just being childish!

that part defies human logic

i need spiritual translation
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Meldrick(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2010
Ohhhhhh!!!!!!!

Van Vicker fans ooooooo. It's a pity he might not have that money to pay. He will have to be acting from kumasi. I'm sure Ramsey Noah will breath heavilly, A sign of relief. The guy was already taking his job grin grin

My baby Jackie Appiah, I'll surely rally round to contribute money for you.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 8:58am On Jul 27, 2010
@zebra 543, you point is an incorrect one. There are far more Ghanaian actors who RELY on Nollywod than vice versa. All of their top actors make their bread and butter from Nigerian film, not their own. Even people like Van Vicker and Majid. They star more in Nigerian films than Ghanaian. Van even has a Nigerian manager, why do you think that is? The same can not be said for the likes of Gen, Omo T etc, they made their names and fame in Nigerian film and still do. Even if you look behind many of the well known titles coming out of Ghana, they have Nigerian directors.

To say that Ghana was trying to stop some type of stampede of \Nigerians and a falsehood. There is no mass immigration by way of film productions in Ghana, hey simply film then go, while providing employment and collanoration with Ghanaian colleagues. You seem to be one of those Nigerians who just process everything Nigerian as a menace. Without even looking at the reality.

Ghanaians have a problem with anything Nigerian once it becomes successul. Nollywood has a right to apply the same rules imposed upon it to foreign film makers especially Ghanaian. They have cut off their nose to spite their face, why would you close yourself of from the biggest market for your products? It will be to the benefit of Nigeria in the end and force these filmakers to appreciate what they have in fron tof their eyes rather than thinking the grass is always greener on the other side.

I would have preferred it if both industries could have remained civil and cooperative with eachother, instead of resorting to the usual African small mindedness.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by tkb417(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2010
I would have preferred it if both industries could have remained civil and cooperative with eachother, instead of resorting to the usual African small mindedness.

they started the madness
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2010
I know they started it, and they deserve to be treated in the same way. However, we could have been smarter in our response, focusing more on distribution etc of foreign films in Nigeria. We should overlook the size of our home market and the fact that foreign filmakers ignore it at their peril.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by damilola15: 9:34am On Jul 27, 2010
An indication that jealousy has crept in.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2010
damilola15:

An indication that jealousy has crept in.

Jelousy on whos part? Its a straight reaction in kind from Nollywood.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by cold(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2010
Mark my words,verily i say unto you.Y'all soon be needing visas to travel to Ghana,i no fit shout.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by damilola15: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2010
londoner:

Jelousy on whos part? Its a straight reaction in kind from Nollywood.
who do you think I'm referring to, Ghallywood of course. -  angry angry angry angry angry
By the way, Ghallywood is what they call themself grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

cold:

Mark my words,verily i say unto you.Y'all soon be needing visas to travel to Ghana,i no fit shout.
No be joke o, it's happen in the near future.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by zebra543: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ amaka- that is simply my point, the movie industry is not a playground where the administrators can behave like toddlers 'because they taxed us' is not a valid reason to imposing new fees, @ the end of the day there a very few if any ghanians in the nigerian film industry- this i know FOR A FACT! how many ghanian actors living in nigeria do you know?

@tkb are you saying there are no nigerians in ghana?

@londoner- thats not true, Many of the soo called 'nigerian movies' are actually shot in ghana, they just make it seem like nigeria ie by using the naira currency, because in the end nollywood is still more popular and people recognise nigerians more, Nigerian producers produce thier movies in ghana and nigerian actresses prefer to work in ghana because the legislations are too strict! There are many Nigerian actors living in ghana, the same problem which lead to the ban of many actors in nigeria some years back is what ghollywood is trying to avoid, this time with NIGERIAN ACTORS trying to hog the limelight. It makes no sense for them to freely shoot in ghana how will others be opportuned?
if most of you remove that superiority over ghanians complex you have you will see reason. Ghananians are not worried about Nigerians anybody who has been to ghana recently will know why, they are just trying to improve thier industry and make way for thier own people! A notion which i totally understand and fully support, Nigeria should take note of this in many of thier industries, the oil one for example- its time they stopped the influx of foreigners and supported thier own!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by cold(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2010
zebra543:

?

@londoner- thats not true, Many of the soo called 'nigerian movies' are actually shot in ghana, they just make it seem like nigeria ie by using the naira currency, because in the end nollywood is still more popular and people recognise nigerians more, Nigerian producers produce thier movies in ghana and nigerian actresses prefer to work in ghana because the legislations are too strict! There are many Nigerian actors living in ghana, the same problem which lead to the ban of many actors in nigeria some years back is what ghollywood is trying to avoid, this time with NIGERIAN ACTORS trying to hog the limelight. It makes no sense for them to freely shoot in ghana how will others be opportuned?

if most of you remove that superiority over ghanians complex you have you will see reason. Ghananians are not worried about Nigerians anybody who has been to ghana recently will know why, they are just trying to improve thier industry and make way for thier own people! A notion which i totally understand and fully support, Nigeria should take note of this in many of thier industries, the oil one for example- its time they stopped the influx of foreigners and supported thier own!
Man arguing with you is like having a debate with a LASTMA official,I'v given up trying.This is one of the dangers i foresaw with the coming of the internet.Pre-school kids come online to give analysis on issues way beyond their intelligence scope;issues meant for doctoral thesis.But then again what can one do but put up with it*sighs*.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by zebra543: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
Im not arguing with you? Just because Im nigerian doesnt mean I should agree with this 'playground politics'
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by omamokta: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2010
This is tit for tat grin
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by cold(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
zebra543:

Im not arguing with you? Just because Im nigerian doesnt mean I should agree with this 'playground politics'
You dont have to agree with it.I'm a strong believer in letting the minority have their say,while the majority have their way.All i was expecting was some intelligent debate rather than acting like someone being guided 'by the spirit'.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by beespak7(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2010
I Support nollywood jo enough of this turning the other cheek, now is the time to hit back. Ghananians dey craze their hatred for nigerians, and any thing nigerian no get part 2. cool We dey call dem my broda, mean while dem dey call nigerians my enemy
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
zebra543:

@ amaka- that is simply my point, the movie industry is not a playground where the administrators can behave like toddlers 'because they taxed us' is not a valid reason to imposing new fees, @ the end of the day there a very few if any ghanians in the nigerian film industry- this i know FOR A FACT! how many ghanian actors living in nigeria do you know?

@tkb are you saying there are no nigerians in ghana?

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. EVERY MAJOR ACTOR/ACTRESS IN GHANA HAS DONE AT LEAST 1/3 of their movies in Nollywood some of them half or even more than half (Van Vicker).
like londoner said thats where they are making their bread. . . thats where they got exposed to a market outside of their own backyard.
Nadia, Van, Majid, Jackie, John Dumelo (he's new but has done so many of his movies in Nollywood already), Juliet, Yvonne Nelson, the list is endless.
how many Nigerians do you see trooping to Ghana looking for work? LOL!
your example is totally unrelated. you can go to Ghana to film, YES. but at the end of the day, is it a Ghanaian or a Nigerian movie being produced? who cares where it was filmed. Nigerians have gone to other African countries to film before and it is STILL A NIGERIAN MOVIE.
who cares about the location! how is filming in Ghana stopping others from producing their own movies?
when they taxed Nigerians $1,000 to act in their movies. . . we have every right to imposed our own tax.
as if Nigerians are running to Ghana to do movies anyway. . .most of them get called to act in Ghanaian movies, not the other way around.
Nollywood pays better.  cool
to say there are very few Ghanaians in the Nigerian industry is a f****** joke!
Nollywood pays better as well, because there is more money in our industry. so who is really going to Ghana to act?
the only Nigerians that go to Ghana go there to FILM.
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

which Nigerian actors are living in Ghana? undecided NAMES PLEASE!

BTW, they want to better their own industry. . . then why are all their top actors running to Nigeria to do movies every other week? won't they stay back and better their own industry? na by force to act in Nollywood?
no one is forcing them to do Nollywood movies, they do it by choice.
so the beef is not with Nigerians trying to "hog the limelight" their actors don't wanna stay back and better their own industry instead of running to Nollywood.
MTSCHEW!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2010
All ya sayin shit this is so effing good serves those mo'fuckaz right and right now they are prone to lose!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Video - Comedian I Go Die. "Why A President Must Have B In His Name. / Predict Baba Suwe's Next Movie Title / BBNaija Lovers, Shegz & Bella Discuss Number Of Children They Will Have (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.