Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) (14843 Views)

Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Kidnappers Arrested After Killing Their Victim (Graphic Photos) / (Photo):Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

Why I got be like that?

I just know what I like and I like. . . well. . . What more should I say? All I am doing is lookin for a wife. grin
LOL! sure. . .
btw. . . was that really you in the commercial cause that guy that looks A LOT like you.
if so. . . how much were you paid? undecided
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

LOL! sure. . .
btw. . . was that really you in the commercial cause that guy that looks A LOT like you.
if so. . .  how much were you paid?  undecided

I don't know what you are talking about. . .

So you don't enjoy? I can be the rebound guy. I have no qualms with that.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:47am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

I don't know what you are talking about. . .

So you don't enjoy? I can be the rebound guy. I have no qualms with that.

stop playing dumb! that Sobe drink commercial. tongue cool
I'm the one here looking for a husband. . . you're the one who has me on the rebound.
thats why i asked if we were playing basketball.  tongue
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

stop playing dumb! that Sobe drink commercial.   tongue cool
I'm the one here looking for a husband. . . you're the one who has me on the rebound.
thats why i asked if we were playing basketball.  tongue

Still don't know what you are talking about.

I shall play basketball. Is your game good? I don't like doing all the work.  tongue

I am not on the rebound, aren't you on the rebound.

And I can teach you Igbo I like to hear well. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2010
[size=13pt]I'm the one here looking for a husband. . . you're the one who has me on the rebound.[/size]

I'm guessing that guy is you. . . lol sexxay.  smiley
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by analog: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2010
Actually in the USA, i see more igbo guys marrying yoruba girls than the other way around. And i have been in the US for a long long time.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by redsky1: 8:53am On Jul 26, 2010
when is someone going to go back to the original topic
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
How about we start now?
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by bkbabe90(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nah. . . . Fuxck the topic. I'm enjoying seeing how smooth Ibos gals are when taking they men back from "them" Yoruba gyals!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Poster, I think it has to do with the men(mostly) realizing they will have to deal with their spouses as equals in America.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
bk/babe90:

Nah. . . . Fuxck the topic. I'm enjoying seeing how smooth Ibos gals are when taking they men back from "them" Yoruba gyals!
very smooth. Took her one minute shocked

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, I think it has to do with the men(mostly) realizing they will have to deal with their spouses as equals in America.
Someone has already shifted the blame on women, that we're not playing the role of docile housewives like we do in NIgeria.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2010
Has absolutely nothing to do with the women. Many of these men were raised believing their were gods in society and ought to be treated as gods in their homes by their wives and children. That explains why some, rather than marry women in the west, they go back to Nigeria to find brides who are "inferior" in some way to them, expecting that would solve the problem. Unfortunately, even dogs have rights in the western world and so most of them are forced to manage their egos or give up!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by ikenwan: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
Kobojunkie speaks the harsh truth.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Has absolutely nothing to do with the women. Many of these men were raised believing their were gods in society and ought to be treated as gods in their homes by their wives and children. That explains why some, rather than marry women in the west, they go back to Nigeria to find brides who are "inferior" in some way to them, expecting that would solve the problem. Unfortunately, even dogs have rights in the western world and so most of them are forced to manage their egos or give up!
Thank you thank you thank you.

This men have no respect for women at all, but they demand the respect because they're still in tuned with the mentality that African men are the head of their home and should be respected. But instead of dealing with equality, they kill.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This men have no respect for women at all, but they demand the respect because they're still in tuned with the mentality that African men are the head of their home and should be respected. But instead of dealing with equality, they kill.
Men, even in the west, are definitely seen as head of households. But we in Africa, and some other parts of the world like the Arab and some of the Asian world, take that to a whole different level. The belief is the man is to be revered and seen as gods over the family, simply for being of the male specie. It does not work in the new global world and I see that mentality becoming more and more of an issue the minute we start to embrace development even more in Nigeria. We already see that problem in many parts of Asia where ridiculous rules and laws are being created each day to curb women standing up against the injustice by the day.

In some parts of Algeria, women are not even allowed to step outside of the house at all, unless they are with their husband or brother. Many are treated as slaves and the law allows it.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you thank you thank you.

Wrong sis, wrong. The man is still the head of the family, even in the west. That does not translate to killing your wife when you can't have your way.

The truth of the matter is, some of these women from Africa are very conniving, they sometimes use these guys to get to the U.S knowing fully well, they have no intention of staying with them.
I am not saying that is enough reason to kill, but it is certainly enough to drive some men over the edge.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by ikenwan: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa also speaks the harsh truth.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

Wrong sis, wrong. The man is still the head of the family, even in the west. That does not translate to killing your wife when you can't have your way.

The truth of the matter is, some of these women from Africa are very conniving, they sometimes use these guys to get to the U.S knowing fully well, they have no intention of staying with them.
I am not saying that is enough reason to kill, but it is certainly enough to drive some men over the edge.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that the man is not head of the family in the western world too. But African men that their own to the next level. Esp NIgerian men, I doubt if the circumference of their ego is measurable. Good thing my mom didnt take that crap from her husband. He was demanding that 'respect' from her, she had to set that foo str8.

The truth of the matter is, some of these women from Africa are very conniving, they sometimes use these guys to get to the U.S knowing fully well, they have no intention of staying with them
If Nigerian men have common sense, they'll realize that the only way to deal with these kinda women is to send them packing and let those fools deal with their new environment by themselves. USA is not kind to new immigrants.

Let this be a lesson: RESPECT IS GIVEN WHEN IT'S DESERVED. A

Kobojunkie:

Men, even in the west, are definitely seen as head of households. But we in Africa, and some other parts of the world like the Arab and some of the Asian world, take that to a whole different level. The belief is the man is to be revered and seen as gods over the family, simply for being of the male specie. It does not work in the new global world and I see that mentality becoming more and more of an issue the minute we start to embrace development even more in Nigeria. We already see that problem in many parts of Asia where ridiculous rules and laws are being created each day to curb women standing up against the injustice by the day.

In some parts of Algeria, women are not even allowed to step outside of the house at all, unless they are with their husband or brother. Many are treated as slaves and the law allows it.  

+1 post. African women have suffered.

Why werent you here to deal with mr. "men have needs" yesterday?
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why werent you here to deal with mr. "men have needs" yesterday?

Those are the kind of men that eventually turn up dead  . . . killed by their women or galfriends  . . . ROFLMAO!!! I mean just watch DateLine on ID for just one day and you immediately get that. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Those are the kind of men that end up dead . . . killed by their women or galfriends . . . ROFLMAO!!! I mean just watch DateLine on ID for just one day and you immediately get that. ROFLMAO!!
LMAO!! What network is it on?
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2010
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ID -- http://investigation.discovery.com/
LOL Ok, thanks.
Will be watching for EzeUche's case to air cheesy
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by babapupa: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
Unfortunately, violence, including domestic violence is part of Igbo tradition and culture. Their ways and culture breeds and encourage violence.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
babapupa:

Unfortunately, violence, including domestic violence is part of Igbo tradition and culture. Their ways and culture breeds and encourage violence.
dude. . . just STFU.
clown
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by ikenwan: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2010
@babapupa My foot in your face breeds and encourages violence.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by babapupa: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

dude. . . just STFU.
clown

My assertion was nothing but the sad and unfortunate reality of life within Igbo comunities. It really wasn't meant to pain you or stir up your insecurities.

It is an accepted practice withing the Igbo community to accept and treat women as bought and owned objects that you're free to do anything with.

These belief systems are even displayed right after birth. They let you know upfront that their female kids are for sale and their male kids are all about violence hence the phrase at the announcement of the birth of a male-child, the women sing folk-songs that invite a man
who has a gun to fire it onyi ji egbe gbaa nga, meaning “He who has a gun, let him fire”. In contrast, however, at the birth of a female baby
a person with money is invited Onye ji ego gbaa nga, meaning: “He who has money, let him come forth”.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
babapupa:

My assertion was nothing but the sad and unfortunate reality of life within Igbo comunities. It really wasn't meant to pain you or stir up your insecurities.

It is an accepted practice withing the Igbo community to accept and treat women as bought and owned objects that you're free to do anything with.

These belief systems are even displayed right after birth. They let you know upfront that their female kids are for sale and their male kids are all about violence hence the phrase at the announcement of the birth of a male-child, the women sing folk-songs that invite a man
who has a gun to fire it onyi ji egbe gbaa nga, meaning “He who has a gun, let him fire”. In contrast, however, at the birth of a female baby
a person with money is invited Onye ji ego gbaa nga, meaning: “He who has money, let him come forth”.
you really think I'm "insecure"
what would make me insecure about your bullsh!t statement?
YAWN!!!!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by babapupa: 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

you really think I'm "insecure"
what would make me insecure about your bullsh!t statement?
YAWN!!!!

Of course you are, if not, why not just ignore my post instead of your dirty mouth tirades?  You are in a way confirming my assertions about Igbo folks violent nature.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
babapupa:

Of course you are, if not, why not just ignore my post instead of your dirty mouth tirades?  You are in a way confirming my assertions about Igbo folks violent nature.

confirming it how? you think I'm gonna write a long essay "arguing/debating" with you?
that says nothing about insecurity tho.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by babapupa: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

confirming it how? you think I'm gonna write a long essay "arguing/debating" with you?
that says nothing about insecurity tho.

Like I said, Ignore me if you don't feel like debating or arguing. It's not by force to quote Babapupa.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by babapupa: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
What about wife inheritance (ihachi nwanyi), whereby a daughter is kept unmarried in the paternal home to bear children and a widow does not re-marry but continues to ‘bear’ children for her dead husband?

Igbo folks just have one of the most insane and backward cultural practices in the world.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by bkbabe90(m): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
babapupa:

Wow, Ibo folks really that violent? Bussin' guns and shiyyyt at christenings? Damn. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Landlord Rapes 10 Year-old Girl At Bonugo Village, Abuja / Gunmen Invade RCCG Corpers' Lodge In Taraba State / Woman Scalds Body Of Her Step Son With Hot Water In Adamawa State (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.