Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) (14861 Views)

Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Kidnappers Arrested After Killing Their Victim (Graphic Photos) / (Photo):Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nonsenseeeeeeeee. Actually Igbo men are more caring shocked shocked. Most chick that have dated Igbo men verify it.
Yoruba men are [b]more [/b]promiscuous and disrespectful to their women angry. They're [b]more [/b]egotistical and tend to womanize.
They always demand respect.  smiley. . . and very stubborn [esp Ekiti men]
most ladies follow ibo men because of money.they can spend unnecessarily thinking it would buy them love.real men are natural which i believe the yoruba men fall into.why would i bribe a lady with money into a relationship ? is that what you call care ? cry cry
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 3:46am On Jul 26, 2010
Let me back away quietly from this thread.

All I can say is that there is a problem with Igbo marriages in the United States. In Nigeria, we treat our women like queens. An Igbo man would do anything to provide for us family. I have uncles, my father, and other relatives who honored their wives. But the "ego" has to be alright.

I feel that these Igbo men were going through financial problems and the women were berating them for this. When an Igbo man can't make money for his family, he goes CRAZY!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

most ladies follow ibo men because of money.they can spend unnecessarily thinking it would buy them love.real men are natural which i believe the yoruba men fall into.why would i bribe a lady with money into a relationship ? is that what you call care ? cry cry
Really?  They do?
And what of the women that hve money themselves, but yet still confirm that Igbo men are more caring?
Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to blow anyone's ego. . . . but I'll still take Yoruba men anytime anyday wink
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Igbo boi cant tell me what to believe about my own people. Why? Am I lying?

I'm afraid you are!!! that discription does not represent how Yoruba treat their women, of course there are some bad eggs.
Just like you have some ibo wife beaters.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

I'm afraid you are!!! that discription does not represent how Yoruba treat their women, of course there are some bad eggs.
Just like you have some ibo wife beaters.
Lol ok, Yoruba men are wonderful wink
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Really? They do?
And what of the women that hve money themselves, but yet still confirm that Igbo men are more caring?
Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to blow anyone's ego. . . . but I'll still take Yoruba men anytime anyday wink
honestly jokes apart,the only tribe i see ahead of yoruba when it comes to caring for a woman are the calabar,ibo are years behind yoruba.trust e
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:57am On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Really?  They do?

I guess because of the big dowries they have to pay, ibo men tend to treat their wives like possessions. Yoruba men are not like that, we treat you like a queen not like a piece of furniture.
This may also be the reason why they kill their wives in the U.S. They would rather kill her than let anyone else have her.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

honestly jokes apart,the only tribe i see ahead of yoruba when it comes to caring for a woman are the calabar,ibo are years behind yoruba.trust e
Ok, maybe I shouldnt judge based  on what I've heard. Not usually my thing. But, ki la le se?

Aigbofa:

I guess because of the big dowries they have to pay, ibo men tend to treat their wives like possessions. Yoruba men are not like that, we don't treat you like a queen not like a piece of furniture.
This may also be the reason why they kill their wives in the U.S. They would rather kill her than let anyone else have her.
ahaha, omo yii. Stop on your track. I know whatchu trying to do. But you wont start it here.

Oti feran wahala ju.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by oyinda3(f): 4:04am On Jul 26, 2010

All I can say is that there is a problem with Igbo marriages in the United States.

no kidding.
i think you guys should start throwing owambes like yorubas. party every weekend to forget ur sorrows or in this case, ur marital woes.

but i think yoruba marriages too e get as e be.
in fact all marriages e get as e be.

oh and also, naijas abroad should stop giving birth to so many kids. it's this kind of thing that can drive one to commit homicide (naija man will never commit suicide. he'll rather kill somebody else. lol). imagine when u know u have to pay child support on 12 kids. that's huge. undecided
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

no kidding.
i think you guys should start throwing owambes like yorubas. p[b]arty every weekend to forget your sorrows or in this case, your marital woes. [/b]

[b]but i think yoruba marriages too e get as e be.
[/b]in fact all marriages e get as e be.

[b]oh and also, naijas abroad should stop giving birth to so many kids. it's this kind of thing that can drive one to commit homicide (naija man will never commit suicide. he'll rather kill somebody else. lol). i[/b]magine when u know u have to pay child support on 12 kids. that's huge. undecided

ROTLFMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:07am On Jul 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Since i am part Ibibio. I fall into that category.

But to be honest, Igbo men are the most caring. And since I am Ibibio, I know how to keep my wife pleased without money! grin
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:10am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

Let me back away quietly from this thread.

All I can say is that there is a problem with Igbo marriages in the United States. In Nigeria, we treat our women like queens. An Igbo man would do anything to provide for us family. I have uncles, my father, and other relatives who honored their wives. But the "ego" has to be alright.

I feel that these Igbo men were going through financial problems and the women were berating them for this. When an Igbo man can't make money for his family, he goes CRAZY!

You call yourself a true Aro warrior, and yet you are always backing away!! Let me give you a friendly advice, Ekiti girls don't like that!!! Where is your spine?
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

But to be honest, Igbo men are the most caring. And since I am Ibibio, I know how to keep my wife pleased without money! grin

You are Ibiobio? Now this is getting even more interesting.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:13am On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

You are Ibiobio? Now this is getting even more interesting.

Where have you been? I am proud of my Ibibio heritage. People already know that. I even converse in my mother tongue from time to time on Nairaland. Too bad I don't see many Ibibios on Nairaland. The closest one is Udezue, the Biafran Lion.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

no kidding.
i think you guys should start throwing owambes like yorubas. party every weekend to forget your sorrows or in this case, your marital woes.

but i think yoruba marriages too e get as e be.
in fact all marriages e get as e be.

oh and also, naijas abroad should stop giving birth to so many kids. it's this kind of thing that can drive one to commit homicide (naija man will never commit suicide. he'll rather kill somebody else. lol). imagine when u know u have to pay child support on 12 kids. that's huge. undecided

Nigerian with 12 kids, in the U.S? Where?
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

Nigerian with 12 kids, in the U.S? Where?
She's talking abt her family. Oyinda, is the 11th kid in a family of 12
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

lmao. . . big lie. .if what you said is true how many yoruba ladies have seen dating ibo ? but i have seen countless yoruba men marrying ibo women for a wife.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:21am On Jul 26, 2010
Nigerians in America do enjoy having a huge amount of children.

I am the 1 of 6 children, but thank God my parents waited until they had secure jobs in America to bring us all over.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

She's talking abt her family. Oyinda, is the 11th kid in a family of 12

I don't think so!!! otherwise the women will be doing the killing
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by oyinda3(f): 4:23am On Jul 26, 2010
aigbofa, plz don't take everything u read literally my friend.
it will cause u to stress out and you might take it out on ur wife.

how many kids do u have? how many kids does ur american neighbor have?
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

I don't think so!!! otherwise the women will be doing the killing
lol Oyinda was exaggerating lol. But its close to the truth. One of my mom's friend has 7 kids alone. Her home is very chaotic. But she's rich. . .  so. . .
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:23am On Jul 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

lmao. . . big lie. .if what you said is true how many yoruba ladies have seen dating ibo ? but i have seen countless yoruba men marrying ibo women for a wife.

A lot of Igbo men are not attracted to Yoruba women. They rather have those fair Igbo gals, Ibibio or other Eastern groups.

Yoruba guys have no shame and will marry anyone. It doesn't matter where they are from in Nigeria or the world in general. Go to China and you find an Yoruba man with a Chinese woman with a wife back home in Lagos. lol
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

A lot of Igbo men are not attracted to Yoruba women. They rather have those fair Igbo gals, Ibibio or other Eastern groups.

Yoruba guys have no shame and will marry anyone. It doesn't matter where they are from in America or the world in general. Go to China and you find an Yoruba man with a Chinese woman with a wife back home in Lagos. lol

Interesting, considering the tons of marriage this year, base on Yoruba women and Igbo men alone.

[Thanks to Bella Naija]
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by oyinda3(f): 4:28am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

Yoruba guys have no shame and will marry anyone. It doesn't matter where they are from in America or the world in general. Go to China and you find an Yoruba man with a Chinese woman with a wife back home in Lagos. lol

contrary to ur post,
most of d foreign women about this forum are on about one igbo guy or another.
this is d newest one: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-472302.0.html

what's d shame in a yoruba guy marrying igbo? none. IMO  tongue
we're just trying to remove injustice by coloring ur women darker. it's not fair for only igbo women to be fair (no pun intended).
d more u igbo men marry oyibos and make yellow paw paw children, d more our yoruba men will color them darker. hehehe
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:28am On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Interesting, considering the tons of marriage this year, base on Yoruba women and Igbo men alone.

[Thanks to Bella Naija]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I thought I was a trend setter!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

so why are you runnng after my sister  if you prefer your fair ngozi or agartha ? shocked
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:30am On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

contrary to your post,

we're just trying to remove injustice by coloring your women darker. it's not fair for only igbo women to be fair (no pun intended).
d more u igbo men marry oyibos and make yellow paw paw children, d more our yoruba men will color them darker. hehehe
undecided
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

so why are you runnng after my sister  if you prefer your fair ngozi or agartha ? shocked
Thank You oh! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

aigbofa, plz don't take everything u read literally my friend.
it will cause u to stress out and you might take it out on your wife.

how many kids do u have? how many kids does your american neighbor have?

Just to make sure I did't misunderstand you. That's all.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:32am On Jul 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I don't prefer them fair?  grin

I like African bodies! Some Igbo women are too thin for me. I need a Yoruba woman I can throw around. I am still trying to find a Yoruba mixed with Efik. That would be a dream come true!
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by EzeUche(m): 4:36am On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

contrary to your post,

we're just trying to remove injustice by coloring your women darker. it's not fair for only igbo women to be fair (no pun intended).

Tell your men to stay away from our women! grin I'll be daammn if my sisters marry a promiscious Yoruba man. I'll rather them marry a white man! grin

Yoruba men chase any woman! Yoruba men were acting like some fools in Ghana when it came to Ghanaian women.
Re: Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:37am On Jul 26, 2010
EzeUche:

Tell your men to stay away from our women! grin I'll be daammn if my sisters marry a promiscious Yoruba man. I'll rather them marry a white man! grin

Yoruba men chase any woman! Yoruba men were acting like some fools in Ghana when it came to Ghanaian women.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Suspect Arrested With 54 ATM Cards Handed Over To EFCC In Kano / Woman Scalds Body Of Her Step Son With Hot Water In Adamawa State (graphic) / Nigeria Court Jails Russians, Japenese, 10 Other Foreigners For Oil Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.