Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested (4833 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police / Troops Clear Baale,Kill 5 Boko Haram Terrorists & Rescue 180 Hostages(photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by coalcoal1(m): 12:45am On Jul 28, 2010
FIFTEEN suspected armed robbers went on the rampage, on Tuesday, in Ibadan, killing five persons, among them three policemen, at various locations in the Oyo State capital, before escaping to Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

In Ibadan, policemen were said to have killed one of the robbers, while one was arrested at Idi Ape area of the state capital. The arrested robbers and the body of the one gunned down were taken to the police headquarters, Eleyele.

for more on this story, click here:
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/8866-robbers-kill-5-in-ibadan-one-robber-killed-another-arrested
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by mamagee3(f): 12:52am On Jul 28, 2010
May their souls rest in peace!

Hopefully those robbers get caught.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by EzeUche(m): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2010
This thread would be around 5 pages right now if the people were Igbo. undecided
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by THEAMAKA(f): 1:24am On Jul 28, 2010
EzeUche:

This thread would be around 5 pages right now if the people were Igbo. undecided
cheesy grin wink
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by coalcoal1(m): 5:56am On Jul 28, 2010
Most banks were closed yesterday and I could not make some transactions that were bank based.
Security issues should be taken very seriously. I wonder why we don't have air surveillance in Ibadan (Oyo State). What we have is Akala's Billboards everywhere. I wonder if armed robbers can successfully flee in Lagos after an attack.
EzeUche:

Igbos are busy with other issues like kidnapping which gives them faster money than armed robbery
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by rickie4us(m): 6:07am On Jul 28, 2010
The Igbos are sharp business men. They don't waste time on things like bank robbery anymore which does not give them much money. They have principal targets and know that with just one catch, the ransom is enough to compensate for more than 10 bank robberies. Also, there is a lesser risk of losing lives since our police is not sophisticated enough to track them down easily.
Igbo Kwenu!
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Okijajuju1(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2010
We lost 3 brave officers of the Nigerian Police Service wh risked their lives to apprehend the suspects. I say may their souls rest in peace.  cry

Long Live the Nigerian Police.

Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by THEAMAKA(f): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2010
why is this thread not at 5 pages and counting? undecided grin
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2010
^^
b'cos bk/babe is still wanking. . .
Is oyo not akala's state? undecided. . .
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Okijajuju1(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2010
And the robberies were in a Yoruba state. grin
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2010
Posted by: Okija_juju
Insert Quote
And the robberies were in a Yoruba state.

grin grin
since d kidnapping stuff began in d east,I'm not sure up 2 five people have been killed. . .but 5 souls were lost in one swoop in the west. . .i no fit shout
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Beaf: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2010
There are reports that the robbers were armed with bombs and missiles by the fake paper, Compass. I don't believe it, but can anyone confirm?
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by coalcoal1(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2010
I went with a friend to the bank yesterday in Ibadan and needed to quickly get some cash before travelling to Lagos. Alas! most banks were closed. Before then, word had spread round town that heavy shootings were going on around Idi-Ape / Bashorun area of Ibadan (the same area where some dare-devil armed robbers stormed banks last year including intercontinental bank where they carted away millions unresisted).
A woman made a frantic call to her husband yesterday morning that he should not come home to that area yet because of the heavy gun battle as at that time. I was surprised that at that particular time, while driving around, I did not notice heavy police presence. It was about 2 hours after the robbers had successfully fled that we started seeing heavy police presence everywhere.
About the issue of bombs and other sophisticated weapons, it may be true since no bank wanted to be a victim hence they had their gates locked.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2010
Okija_juju:

And the robberies were in a Yoruba state. grin
EzeUche:

this goes to show that you guys didnt read the link before commenting.lwkm,actually those robbers are ibo who are hell bent on terrorising yorubaland.
i dont know if FIDELIS AKPE,one of the robber is a yoruba name cuz the name sound iboish to me.also are OGBONNA FRANCIS and CHIMOBI OKALI in the kidnapping section.se una don see na ibo and crime ?
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2010
@bluetooth
i thought i read it was 15 robbers?The others that escaped through those bushes in ogun state nko?maybe in ur mind they r all igbos(~sic~) undecided undecided
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2010
philip0906:

@bluetooth
i thought i read it was 15 robbers?The others that escaped through those bushes in ogun state nko?maybe in your mind they r all igbos(~sic~) undecided undecided
thankGod you admitted that that name is an ibo name.however,until he reveal the names of the fleeing robbers,i would deduce that the others are ibo.birds of the same feather flock together.why would he form a gang with yoruba when his fellow ibo robbers are available.please,use your discretion and leave sentiment alone.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2010
bluetooth
thankGod you admitted that that name is an ibo name.however,until he reveal the names of the fleeing robbers,i would deduce that the others are ibo.birds of the same feather flock together.why would he form a gang with yoruba when his fellow ibo robbers are available.please,use your discretion and leave sentiment alone.
And your brain then concludes dat d rest r igbo?u now want 2 blame d igbo's 4 dat crime again?.how r we even sure dat he is amongst those dat raided d bank?with what is going on in d east,they could well want 2 tk advantage of d situation.Y couldn't they get the others that raided d bank?my friend don't blame d igbo's ok?ask y your police couldn't avert it or atleast apprehend them. . .isn't it your oyo state where d governor is spending millions on bleaching cream and has turned 2 a "Lord"?d same oyo state where there r political thugs every where who might be in need of cash 2 perpertrate their evils. . .
if this had taken place in lagos,then another story,but in oyo state d nigerian capital of political thuggery and lawlessness,where d cops r even thugs. . .
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Beaf: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2010
To me Akpe sounds more Yoruba than Igbo or maybe from Edo / Delta; the thing is being a thief, i wouldn't be surprised if his real name is Mustapha Ahmed or Olatunbosun Fagbamigbe. . . It could be anything.

Bluetooth, you need to change from this default tribalistic behaviour, it is absolutely Neanderthal; whereas half the time, you come across as a guy who could be really decent.

Let's remember the dead and those who suffered other losses.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2010
Posted by: Beaf
Insert Quote
To me Akpe sounds more Yoruba than Igbo or maybe from Edo / Delta; the thing is being a thief, i wouldn't be surprised if his real name is Mustapha Ahmed or Olatunbosun Fagbamigbe. . . It could be anything.

Bluetooth, you need to change from this default tribalistic behaviour, it is absolutely Neanderthal; whereas half the time, you come across as a guy who could be really decent.

Nah they r after d "igbos" who they accuse of every single "bleep" dat they even 4get d dead.maybe life in d west ain't a big deal. . .afterall every weekend in d west here,they block d road with canopies and u c them dancing thinking a marriage is going on,but alas its a burial ceremony. . .
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by olabukola: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2010
In a related development, the Anambra State police command has said that it has arrested teenage kidnappers, just as its officers and men killed about 21 suspected criminals in various gun battles in the state in July.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Philemon Leha, who made this disclosure while briefing newsmen in his office, on Tuesday, said nine kidnappers and 12 armed robbers were killed by the police.

Among the kidnappers paraded were two teenagers, Ogbonna Francis, 17 and Chimobi Okali, 18, while the commissioner said they were the kidnappers who shot the chairman of the Action Congress (AC) in the state, Chief Ndubuisi Nwobu.
culled from the link.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2010
^^
whats d essence of dat now? undecided undecided atleast they arrested them(u also have 2 tk note dat nailing kidnappers is tougher than facing armed bandits). . .but in your oyo state,how many have they arrested?"ordinary" armed robbers could not be confronted in a gun battle,yet your governor put wool over all your eyes and is spending millions on bleaching cream and hiring political thugs and u people turned on another tribe 2 put blame on. . .y'all better remove d "wool" Akala has put over your eyes and get your house in order cos your state is Nigeria's "political thuggery" capital. . . tongue
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by baslone: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2010
Things dey happen! angry
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
Beaf:

did you check ezeuche,Amaka,philip0906 and okija_juju's post before calling me a tribalist afterall there comments were hours before mine.perhaps,i only pointed out that the only arrested armed robber caught happened to be somebody that is not yoruba.anyways you know i despise crime even though my folks are the ones behind it.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2010
bluetooth
did you check ezeuche,Amaka,philip0906 and okija_juju's post before calling me a tribalist afterall there comments were hours before mine.perhaps,i only pointed out that the only arrested armed robber caught happened to be somebody that is not yoruba.anyways you know i despise crime even though my folks are the ones behind it.
@bolded
Hmmm. . .how I wish. . . embarassed
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
philip0906:

@bolded
Hmmm. . .how I wish. . . embarassed
why are you doubting moi ? Do i look like an armed robber or kidnapper ?
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^
nah u "probably" don't look like one grin grin .just surprised at ur comment.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2010
''probably'' meaning i'm may likely become one abi ? U no well anyways what about my comment ?
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^
u funny grin grin. . .just don't mind me jare.nothing do u. . .we r one cheesy
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
philip0906:

^^
u funny grin grin. . .just don't mind me jare.nothing do u. . .we r one cheesy
anyhow. . . One naija for life.lol
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by philip0906(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^
yep sure wink. . .
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by coalcoal1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
Well, in this post, most names are of the eastern extradition. for all the haters, you can deduce the meaning yourselves.
Anyhow, that does not mean that other tribes do not get involved in crime.
Re: Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested by rickie4us(m): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
The BLEACHING state governor is more interested in becoming the governor next term. He has not put anything in place to ensure that there is security in the land and bring in FOREIGN investors. His bill boards are all over the major roads in town

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters / NBC Opts For Signal Neutralisation Of Radio Biafra. / Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.