Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race (1784 Views)

Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / Buhari Joins Nigerian Youths To Celebrate The International Youth / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2010
[size=18pt]Denver resident joins Nigerian presidential race
[/size]

While the election season in the U.S. is steaming ahead, another campaign is being launched in Colorado by a man who wants to save his native land from graft and greed.

Sam Wantings (Nwanti), a 46-year-old Greeley resident, is running for presidency of Nigeria, a country he visits frequently, even though he’s lived in the United States for more than half his life. Mr Wantings said he wants to use his background as a detective and business entrepreneur to rid Nigeria of corruption and bring honest business opportunities to his people.

“Nigeria needs to change,” he said. “And I’m the only one who can effect that.”

He said his 2011 run for the presidency commences in August, when he will return to Nigeria and begin his on-the-ground campaign. He plans to do that for most of this year and into next year.

“Criminals and corrupt politicians run my country, and I feel I need to run now to make any kind of difference,” he said. “It needs to happen soon, or it will be too late.”

Mr. Wantings, who has dual citizenship in Nigeria and the U.S., said he does not believe his split loyalties will hurt his chances. “I think the people will appreciate that I can give our country a fresh perspective, a fresh view of the things that need to be done,” he said.

The man and his family moved to California in 1984, and he became a security officer while he attended Sacramento State College to study Criminal Justice. He stayed in contact with friends and family back home. In 2003, Mr. Wantings served as vice chairman of the Peoples’ Democratic Party chapter in Washington. That same year, he ran unsuccessfully for governor of Imo State.

He moved to Greeley in 2006 because his wife got a job at a local nursing home. He said he’s been trained by the FBI and KGB, which makes him an ideal choice to root out corruption. He also said his connections with his family business in Nigeria means he can bring legitimate commerce to his land.

Mancho Samba, chairman of the African Detective Association, is listed as a staunch supporter on Mr. Wantings’ campaign literature. “He will obey, follow, respect the law,” Samba said in his endorsement. “Corruption, crimes, will be on vacation when he takes over in 2011.”

Mr. Wantings wants endorsements from local business and political leaders to help rebuild the infrastructure of Nigeria. His plan is to partner with Colorado firms, who will then use Nigerian labour for the rebuilding.

“This is my country’s best chance to realise its potential,” he declared.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=PM$YqHxbFOYWXCXnMpFn_S6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRNe_8t$H_9Xci9XAVV1YdUnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Sam Wantings plans to be next president of Nigeria.
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by sjeezy8: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2010
why did he change his name to wantings- thats dumb
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Ibime(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
All these unknown diasporans joining Nigerian Presidential race. You sure say dis no be the new yahoo yahoo?
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Beaf: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
Obama grew up as "Barry", he grew up, realised his African heritage and changed his name right back to the original "Barack". So we have a US president who is secure in his identity; he has made it to the highest office in a foreign land with a double barreled African name.

Shame on this plastic !diot Sam Wantings who was probably born Okosieme Nwati.
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf:

Obama grew up as "Barry", he grew up, realised his African heritage and changed his name right back to the original "Barack". So we have a US president who is secure in his identity; he has made it to the highest office in a foreign land with a double barreled African name.

Shame on this plastic !diot Sam Wantings who was probably born Okosieme Nwati.

Easy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ibime:

All these unknown diasporans joining Nigerian Presidential race. You sure say dis no be the new yahoo yahoo?
lol how so?
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Beaf: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Easy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What do you mean? We don't need fake people that can dump their traditional names they were born with for meaningless ones. If his fathers name was truly Mr Wantings, I would understand. But how can anyone drop his fathers name for something meaningless? He obviously has no value for a Nigerian identity. What hope do we have that he wouldn't sell us cheaper than our past leaders have managed?
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Becomrich0: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2010
You make laugh, he can not win his home state. Not to talk of Nigeria, with a name like "mr sam wanted". In nigeria, he cant win.  even if the election is free and fair. he cant win.
Re: Sam Wantings [denver's Resident] Joins Nigerian Presidential Race by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2010
Becomrich0:

You make laugh, he can not win his home state. Not to talk of Nigeria, with a name like "mr sam wanted". In nigeria, he cant win.  even if the election is free and fair. he cant win.

grin grin grin grin grin
You never fail me

(1) (Reply)

Why The General Wept! / Ministries Sign Mou To Generate Power From Dams / 3 Constitution Countries.. example Netherland(what Nigeria should be)by Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.