Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight (1532 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! / Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by dubainaija: 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nigeria we hail thee!

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/ogun-state-governor-gbenga-daniel-speaker-dimeji-bankole-roforofo-fight

Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight

SaharaReporters[/b] has learned that the embattled Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole and the Governor of Ogun, his home state, Gbenga Daniel, were today engaged in a chicken fight in the Sango-Otta area of the state.  The unscheduled exchange followed the commissioning of a flyover bridge by the minister of works, Sanusi Daggash, and his junior minister.

An eye-witness told SaharaReporters that as soon as the commissioning was concluded and the state governor and the federal ministers got on a bus on their way to the airport, into the area dashed Speaker Bankole and his convoy.  They stopped, and the Speaker entered the bus with his ADC and the chairman of the House committee on works.

The eyewitness said that as soon as Bankole went into the bus, he came face to face with the Minister, to whom he addressed the words, "You! who asked you to come here and commission my project? Mark my words, this is your last assignment as a minister!"

Turning to Gov. Daniel, whose job Bankole is thought to covet, the Speaker said, "You, who do you think you are"?

Bankole, whose aged father is popularly known as "Caterpillar" in Ogun state, then lounged at the governor, ordering the bus to stop in the middle of the road. But the Minister of State pleaded profusely with him to end the fight and allow them to resolve things in Abuja.

The dishonourable fracas lasted about 15 minutes.  Bankole presides over a house of rowdy and feisty legislators who cream off some of the highest allowances in the world.  It is as yet unclear why Bankole thought the project was his.

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/ogun-state-governor-gbenga-daniel-speaker-dimeji-bankole-roforofo-fight
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by Kilode1: 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
Another bunch of Idiots,  grin cheesy

first Soludo and Dora, now these fools, you gotta love Nigeria's Benighted leaders, their stupidity knows no ethnic boundaries.
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by HighChief4(m): 12:57am On Jul 30, 2010
Bank-Ole again, the guy is really running mad,
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by Eziachi: 3:57am On Jul 30, 2010
Politics with full throttled bitterness that leads to unending unsolved assasinations, politics of thuggery and lack courtesy, what is new? From the 60s to the 80s , it has always been like that. So it is not unusual.
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2010
Bank Ole is going down.
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by tkb417(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2010
how can Bankole say that to Dagash?

who the hell is he?

Bankole can never , i repeat can never say "you who do you think you are" to OGD

all these reports

few days/weeks from now, another reporter will come with another version of what happened

and how come the reporters heard all he said when they were not on the bus

smh
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by naso2(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2010
tkb417:

who the hell is he?

[b]Bankole can never , i repeat can never say "you who do you think you are" to OGD[/b]all these reports

few days/weeks from now, another reporter will come with another version of what happened

smh

And who is OGD that Bankole can not say that to him?
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2010

Mark my words, this is your last assignment as a minister

LA ILA ILALA. LMAO! I have to give Bankole the benefit of the doubt that he did not, could not, and will not utter the above words to a minister that he didn't appoint (and can't sack). If it is true that he said those words, then, tragically, I aver that he is more of a megalomanic nincompoop than I had previously thought. But I hope he didn't.
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by DrKitaun(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2010
Can we just get Ogun indigenes off decisive powers in the next dispensation ?

OBJ's tenures have really made OGUN STATE INDIGENES power-drunks!

Dont get it twisted . . .I am partly Ogun !
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by tkb417(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2010
na_so:

And who is OGD that Bankole can not say that to him?
point is: HE CANNOT SAY THAT

NEVER in his lifetime!!!!!!!!!

do i fcking care about OGD? no

but saying Bankole would ask OGD who the hell do you think you are sounds like an american movie where jackie chan with his legs kill hundreds of people with guns

it can only happen in newspapers

imagine, the man was quoted as saying he'll sack dagash? lololol
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2010
This is what happens when people don't have enough work to do! undecided
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by desgiezd(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2010
tkb417:

who the hell is he?

Bankole can never , i repeat can never say "you who do you think you are" to OGD

all these reports

smh

I'll advice you to read other Nigerian newspapers
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by tpiah: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
is that what sahara calls reporting?
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by tkb417(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
desgiezd:

I'll advice you to read other Nigerian newspapers
he has debunked all this morning saying he was quoted out of context

-he has said this morning that the issue is a family matter

and he has also said he never threatened Dagash

finally, he said OGD is his brother

so what is Sahara saying? were they in the bus when he said all those?

abeg, 9ja journalism is sickening
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by desgiezd(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^^ I am sure you are not expecting him to admit he did all that publicly. He is a Nigerian politician who would call white black even when everyone knows the object is white and will boldly tell you it only appears white because of the fact that you are looking at it from a wrong angle.

I never knew he has settled with OGD and they have suddenly become brothers even when OGD said publicly sometime ago that Bankole is more of a curse to Ogun State than blessing.
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by tkb417(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^^
of course i know the man must have made some stupid comments but not threatening Dagash with a sack or asking OGD who he is

in Abeks, i doubt Banky can walk around with his chest puffed up cos a lotta peeps see him as useless

OGD and Bankie to me are collossal waste to Ogun politics

im just wary someone who has lost face in ABJ, OGUN would be so brave to utter such ridiculous statements

fingers crossed cos im waiting to see how this finally end
Re: Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight by deb(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2010
Kilode?!:

Another bunch of Idiots,  grin cheesy

first Soludo and Dora, now these fools, you gotta love Nigeria's Benighted leaders, their stupidity knows no ethnic boundaries.

Please save Dora the bad publicity. Just yesterday I read in the Guardian Newspaper that she has sacked all her aides who insulted Soludo on her behalf without her permission. According to her she was in China on official assignment when her aides in a bid to 'impress' her went on to raise abuse on Soludo through the pages of newspaper. So please save the woman abeg and face Bankole and Gbenga Daniel.

(1) (Reply)

Ekwueme 419 Nigerian Cartel Plc Under Siege / Fashola Signs N36bn Supplementary Budget Into Law / Anpp Guber Flagbearer Murdered In Borno State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.