Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (51985 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Response To The Thread: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

But nigerians are trooping out of their country like nothing works in nigeria.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

The same reason those Chinese and Koreans are not staying in their individual countries to make it but decided to move to Nigeria.

Did you ask them why they are not making it in their own country? Is China not far better than Nigeria?

513 Likes 60 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

The same reason those Chinese and Koreans are not staying in their individual countries to make it but decided to move to Nigeria.

Did you ask them why they are not making it in their own country? Is China not far better than Nigeria?

The thing is this many of them came through construction projects financed by the chinese govt,they dont plan to live with us, after their contracts they go back home. Many of them are not immigrant like many of us but labourers employed by the chinese govt.during their short stay in our country,they tend to have understand our market,make cash and move on.

THe other chinese that remains in nigeria become FDI. THey build big businesses that employs hundreds of nigerians.

Nigerians abroad are not FDI rather economic immigrants.

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by onyegwu(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

U really answer am well. People just want to talk in order to appear better all na wash. Just dangle a visa and see how he will also give u a reason why he should leave. Hypocrites everywhere.

168 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=73689548]

Well said brother.very stupid question..China better than Nigeria.. Many travel outside cos Niger sucks we all need better life.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
onyegwu:
U really answer am well. People just want to talk in order to appear better all na wash. Just dangle a visa and see how he will also give u a reason why he should leave. Hypocrites everywhere.

i didnt come here to bash people but to ask questions. Since you callf me an hypocrite, i been abroad many times after i finish what i came to do i packed my load and move back home and i dont regret it. My idea of life is that i can make it in nigeria.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=992finland post=73690265][/quote]

stupid question indeed.

Chinese here in nigeria are FDI, nigerians are immigrants.know the differences.

THe chinese arent looking for good life here rather they come to expand their businesses, create jobs for locals and make profit

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Tino2017(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
All is well

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by acenazt: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
Say why does Nigerians from the East think they can only make it outside Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Raalsalghul: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

Perfect answer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Raalsalghul: 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Anybody can make in Nigeria. Reason while people move out is because of the poor quality of life. No light, corrupt leaders, bribery, police harassment, yahoo boys etc. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Should I continue? undecided

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Anybody can make in Nigeria. Reason while people move out is because of the poor quality of life. No light, corrupt leaders, bribery, police harassment, yahoo boys etc. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Should I continue? undecided

poor quality of life is not only a nigerian problem.

Police harrasment, public shooting, tribalism, brutal violence, poverty is real in developed countries too

should i say we complain a lot instead of solving our issues

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Fela4ese: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

are u here for serious questions or u just want entertainment, my broda ask the senators and the rest why they owe salaries n yet they are never owned,ask them why they refuse to developed the country with the money they announce on TV.ask them why they only persecute opposition party.don't come here to ask questions.different strokes for different folks.if u like doing ur things here God bless u .live n let's live abeg

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
During my NYSC in Nigeria I was earning 19,800 monthly, with that I feed myself, pay for accommodation, transportation to PPA, flex smallgrin etc; but after my NYSC I moved to Dubai and I’m earning above what I earned in a whole year just in one month, with free accommodation, free food, free transportation to workplace, free medical, 24 hours uninterrupted power supply etc.

U wan make I come back to Nigeria abi? Unless if I’m offered a job in oil company

207 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Fela4ese:
are u here for serious questions or u just want entertainment, my broda ask the senators and the rest why they owe salaries n yet they are never owned,ask them why they refuse to developed the country with the money they announce on TV.ask them why they only persecute opposition party.don't come here to ask questions.different strokes for different folks.if u like doing ur things here God bless u .live n let's live abeg

are you not a citizen like me. Is it not our job to hold govt responsible.

Many nigerians are not concern with events in their country all we do is give excuses and complain.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Raalsalghul: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Police harrasment, public shooting, tribalism, brutal violence, poverty is real in developed countries too

Are you serious? Have you ever asked yourself why our leaders choose to send their kids abroad in spite of their wealth? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

The thing is this many of them came through construction projects financed by the chinese govt,they dont plan to live with us, after their contracts they go back home. Many of them are not immigrant like many of us but labourers employed by the chinese govt.during their short stay in our country,they tend to have understand our market,make cash and move on.

THe other chinese that remains in nigeria become FDI. THey build big businesses that employs hundreds of nigerians.

nigerians abroad are not FDI rather economy immigrant.

How many of them do you know?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Are you serious? Have you ever asked yourself why our leaders choose to send their kids abroad in spite of their wealth? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

but many people study in Nigeria too. The reality is they study abroad but still come back home. There is nothing wrong in bringing back skills to move ur country forward

The problem here in nigeria that we still have the slave and master mentality.

I believe in this. Ask and it shall be given unto you.

How many nigerians ask and
protest for infrastructures.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Kenekingisback: 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

How many of them do you know?

they are not many in nigeria. Lets be realistic. Have you seen a chinese or any asian cleaning toilet or working as security man in nigeria?

I have never seen them doing any odd jobs in nigeria or competing with locals for a job role

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

they are not many in nigeria. Lets be realistic. Have seen a chinese or any asian cleaning toilet or working as security man in nigeria?

I have never seen them doing any odd jobs in nigeria or competing with locals for a job role

Cleaning toilet or working as a security man abroad could be a step up job for many immigrants but the same security man or cleaner is investing in Nigeria and solving family problems in Nigeria. There is dignity in labour, whites, blacks Asians all do cleaning and security jobs.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Hadampson(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Give me one example

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by klexycole(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
The simple answer to your question is;

Migration is part of life. smiley

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by klexycole(m): 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

they are not many in nigeria. Lets be realistic. Have you seen a chinese or any asian cleaning toilet or working as security man in nigeria?

Are you comparing China to Nigeria, sir?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Mcslize: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor do know that it's not everyone that travels out do that for the sole reason of making it abroad. Majority are seeking good living environment which Nigeria can't offer. It's not just about the money but rather finding saner climes which Nigeria will not in the next 40 years offer them.

58 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mcslize:
thebosstrevor do know that it's not everyone that travels out do that for the sole reason of making it abroad. Majority are seeking good living environment which Nigeria can't offer. It's not just about the money but rather finding saner clime which Nigeria will not in the next 40 years offer them.

so in saner climate people dont work for money?

I do feel like most nigerian are obessed with the materalism of the western world.

The reality is that many nigerians are involved in one odd job or the other in foreign land. MY respect will be given if we are bringing jobs or employing hundreds of foreigners abroad and not joining and competing with them for the few jobs they have.

The whites,asians and arab have grown up from young seeing us do dirty jobs in their country. Why will they respect us if we cant build our own country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sweetmelanin(f): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

so in saner climate people dont work for money?

I do feel like most nigerian are obessed with the materalism of the western world.

The reality is that many nigerians are involved in one odd job or the other in foreign land
. MY respect will be given if we are bringing jobs or employing hundreds of foreigners abroad and not joining and competing with them for the few jobs they have.

The whites,asians and arab have grown up from young seeing us do dirty jobs in their country. Why will they respect us if we cant build our own country.

Ignorance at its finest!

I'm so sick of people assuming that nigerians abroad are doing odd jobs. Please if your own family members dont have papers and are suffering abroad, advice them to return back to Nigeria and suffer there with you.

..but please, STOP GENERALISING. Many of us Nigerian youths are doing exceptionally well abroad. Our parents paid the price and suffered so we can have our stay and live decent lives!

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sweetmelanin(f): 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

i didnt come here to bash people but to ask questions. Since you callf me an hypocrite, i been abroad many times after i finish what i came to do i packed my load and move back home and i dont regret it. My idea of life is that i can make it in nigeria.

So, have you made it now that you are in Nigeria?
I bet your moving back wasnt by choice. Student visa expired right? smiley

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Raalsalghul: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mcslize:
thebosstrevor do know that it's not everyone that travels out do that for the sole reason of making it abroad. Majority are seeking good living environment which Nigeria can't offer. It's not just about the money but rather finding saner climes which Nigeria will not in the next 40 years offer them.
Better oil dey your head.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
sweetmelanin:

Ignorance at its finest!

I'm so sick of people assuming that nigerians abroad are doing odd jobs. Please if your own family members dont have papers and are suffering abroad, advice them to return back to Nigeria and suffer there with you.

..but please, STOP GENERALISING. Many of us Nigerian youths are doing exceptionally well abroad. Our parents paid the price and suffered so we can have our stay and live decent lives!

you parent did some odd job and took some loans for you to enjoy thus creating a debt trap.

Many nigerian do odd jobs abroad. That is a fact.

Your parent and maybe you are working.do you or your family own the company where they work. Did they not compete with locals to get what they want.many used AAction to get jobs.

From all the grammar you wrote.you sound entitled.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
sweetmelanin:

to answer your question.

I have accomplished more here in nigeria than abroad.

Where i did my internship i had a boss(phd holder) a nigerian who lived in the US for 25years. He was given a 4 years contract to head my department. He said what he accomplished in nigeria was more than all the years he spent in the US.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
sweetmelanin:

you sometimes make me wanna puck

i guess in ur small brain. YOu think people dont make it in nigeria. YOU are outdated.

I have seen nigerian sharing papers in the winter, i have seen 10 nigerians sleeping in a tight room all in that your so called abroad. The nigeria that you see as hell. I see it as heaven a place to make good cash.you are short sighted,maybe that is why you cant see the big picture.

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Onboard Menu: AirPeace Serves Jollof And Efo-Riro On Flight To London / Photos Of The Kaduna Airport VIP Lounge / Onyeka Michael Chukwuemeka Dies In A Spanish Hospital. Do You Know His Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.