Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (52332 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Response To The Thread: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
Contumely:

So you just converted dirham to naira and assumed you earn your 1 year alawee in a month?

Do you do expenses in naira?

Do you know economics at all?
Yeah I earn in aed & also do expenses in aed, did you see where I mentioned all the things they provide free? Oh u just focused on the money conversion, if all those things are being provided free of charge, where else do you think I will spend much money? You’re simply bittered

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
During my NYSC in Nigeria I was earning 19,800 monthly, with that I feed myself, pay for accommodation, transportation to PPA, flex smallgrin etc; but after my NYSC I moved to Dubai and I’m earning above what I earned in a whole year just in one month, with free accommodation, free food, free transportation to workplace, free medical, 24 hours uninterrupted power supply etc.

U wan make I come back to Nigeria abi? Unless if I’m offered a job in oil company
so you don run go Dubai abi, no whala we shall meet it Canada
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by chris31(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
If i no travel outside naija & marry a white woman pls tell me na wetin i gain ?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by millionboi2: 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

to answer your question.

I have accomplished more here in nigeria than abroad.

Where i did my internship i had a boss(phd holder) a nigerian who lived in the US for 25years. He was given a 4 years contract to head my department. He said what he accomplished in nigeria was more than all the years he spent in the US.
very motivatin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by 6digitscomrade: 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

to answer your question.

I have accomplished more here in nigeria than abroad.

Where i did my internship i had a boss(phd holder) a nigerian who lived in the US for 25years. He was given a 4 years contract to head my department. He said what he accomplished in nigeria was more than all the years he spent in the US.

stop trying so hard to be clever...I have been reading all your nonsense...You and your would be boss were just benefitting from our failed system which places high and ridiculous value on self confessed expatriates rather than employ same indegenously with the same qualification and knowledge of the terrain...

Internalize your frustrations or so called contentment...Let people chase their dreams wherever and however...

You sound like a person who would rather watch someone suffer in penury and ignore them only to appear later to come and interrogate their success..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

But nigerians are trooping out of their country like nothing works in nigeria.

We know we can make it Nigeria...but we also know we can make it faster abroad...send d little we have made home...and viola...we live like kings.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Delivar(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Anybody can make in Nigeria. Reason while people move out is because of the poor quality of life. No light, corrupt leaders, bribery, police harassment, yahoo boys etc. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Should I continue? undecided
Even the bad poeple who are causing the problems in Nigeria also want to run away. Nigerians are clowns grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by 2sexycom(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

The same reason those Chinese and Koreans are not staying in their individual countries to make it but decided to move to Nigeria.

Did you ask them why they are not making it in their own country? Is China not far better than Nigeria?

You are wrong bro. very wrong on that one... The reason is they see what you dont see.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by wickyyolo: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
The ones abroad should go abroad. Nobody should stop any one from his beliefs.

After going out for sometime i saw a loophole in our system i had to cover. Now I'm having a comfortable life through that. With no income taxes grin thanks to our rubbish system.

The reason for me to travel is usually business. Some people just want to leave us with Buhari wahala grin

All the best to everyone

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
bayocanny:

lols, as I see say future no dey for 9ja, na so I applied the case of Chioma Ajunwagrin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
N
codemaniacs:

this "Any foreigner" you are talking about with justwise live in countries that have high currency exchange rate with most African countries.. it is not that they have "sufficient and flourishing"..

this "Any foreigner" may have relatives who send them at least $3000 monthly.... in the OP's case, most chinese have the financial backing of their government...

you are ignorant of the ECONOMIC situation most Africans were put in due to indirect rule of the europeans...
and what have Africans done to remedy over the years... the bad leaders or individuals that commit fraud here and there. Is it the Europeans that is making your politicians steal billions of Naira like its 100 Naira or are the Europeans responsible for your government failing to do the right things?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by trapQ: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
Poor quality of life is a fvcking Nigerian and third world problem.
thebosstrevor:

poor quality of life is not only a nigerian problem.

Police harrasment, public shooting, tribalism, brutal violence, poverty is real in developed countries too

should i say we complain a lot instead of solving our issues

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you parent did some odd job and took some loans for you to enjoy thus creating a debt trap.

Many nigerian do odd jobs abroad. That is a fact.

Your parent and maybe you are working.do you or your family own the company where they work. Did they not compete with locals to get what they want.m[b]any used AAction to get jobs.[/b]

From all the grammar you wrote.you sound entitled.

was just gonna read through and just laugh at ignorant comments but to state that AA is the reason most Nigerians have good jobs speaks highly of you and your failures...I work a top 35 company in the world in management and i know a few Nigerians in great positions wiht same company and other companies and none of them got their jobs based on AA actions..Simply cos you failed does not mean that others live that way...p/s 1st of my family to leave Nigeria and at no point in time did I partake in washing of toilets and stuff to make it,no yahoo yahoo or 419,no killing of innocent kids...just plain hardwork...lazy people like you fail and then look at everyone else making it in life as having cheated..work harder

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
litdutchboy:
I am a Dutch boy. I choose security over money. What is the point of making it when you live in fear of armed robbers,trigger happy policemen,ritualists,kidnappers,rapists and bad Nigerian drivers.
Every single Nigerian family I know, has been a victim of one of the above.
You're very correct bro, Nigeria is in shambles.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
ojlifa:
My friend you have no idea what you are talking.no forgiener that lands in Nigeria ever wants to leave.because there is no where in the world they would be treated the way they are treated in Nigeria.as for Nigerians they have slave mentality which is planted in the educational system.those of us when dey leave outside the country they find money to run back.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..who gave you this BS...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ianmaduka(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Oga I don't just want to send a bad prayer to you o..how can they even allow his type of post here eeeh.i don't blame you shaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by able20(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Are you serious? Have you ever asked yourself why our leaders choose to send their kids abroad in spite of their wealth? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Rich men children only school abroad later came back to Nigeria to occupy a reserved employment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

Cleaning toilet or working as a security man abroad could be a step up job for many immigrants but the same security man or cleaner is investing in Nigeria and solving family problems in Nigeria. There is dignity of labour, whites, blacks Asians all do cleaning and security jobs.

pls stop lying asians and whites create businesses and employ their own. Nigerians want to wash toilet abroad. We have plenty of dirty toilet in nigeria, why is there no dignity in labour in washing our own toilet first.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
lols, as I see say future no dey for 9ja, na so I applied the case of Chioma Ajunwagrin
lol nice one bro, enjoy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bilulu(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

The thing is this many of them came through construction projects financed by the chinese govt,they dont plan to live with us, after their contracts they go back home. Many of them are not immigrant like many of us but labourers employed by the chinese govt.during their short stay in our country,they tend to have understand our market,make cash and move on.

THe other chinese that remains in nigeria become FDI. THey build big businesses that employs hundreds of nigerians.

nigerians abroad are not FDI rather economy immigrant.
then let our country also finance construction projects outside Nigeria so we can go work and come back.... Bros the fact is most Nigerians have lost hope in this country because with the way things are going there's no hope in the next 25 years... didn't you see a thread here how it took US 4 days to repair a major damage on their road? bros no hope for our unborn child

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by pooozeee(m): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Because there is stable power supply
Low crime rate
Job availability
White minded people
Availability of basic social amenities
Highly industrialised

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

But nigerians are trooping out of their country like nothing works in nigeria.
You need to understand one thing, not everyone is travelling for the sake of money. Some are travelling for comfort. Imagine paying for NEPA bill and yet you are not given the required service. Its annoying. People want a working society. Personally i just want a country were everything is working, 24 hrs power, good education with no strikes.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Originalsly:

Interesting topic. @ above. Chinese and Koreans are not desperately migrating like Nigerians. Fair enough...they are not making it in China...but making it in Nigeria. How can they make it in Nigeria but Nigerians can't? Do Nigerians make it in China? Almost all Chinese in Nigeria have a better standard of living than the average Nigerian....is it the same with Nigerians in China? The point. ... there are opportunities for Nigerians to make it in Nigeria...but if you don't have the will....there wouldn't be a way. How much money does one invest in going on an adventure abroad?....isn't that more than enough to establish oneself here? The abroad mentality runs wayyy too deep in too many of us.... to the point that we can't even put forward reasonable argumemts.
Are you presently in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by codemaniacs: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
zz

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
All des Ajebo wey dey comot frm car AC enter office AC den house AC, na so dem dey reason. Bro, dey board bike enter Areas sometims ooo, wen i say Areas,i mean all des local part of mainland, no stay 4 island...dey purchase stuff 4 local market no go mall again...Dats wen u wud knw Nigerians ar suffering n if d country cant hlp dem, dey gaz hlp demselves. As 4 dos supportin u...I bliv dey ar also lik u or dey ar still students...Wen dey grad n no job n also no money 2 set up, dem eye go clear...I don talk pass dis b4.

No security
No power supply.
suffering n killing everywhere, n u keep telling ppl 2 stay n continue rolling in POVERTY?...if u ar one of d few lucky ones here dat doesnt mean u av 2 conclude on every1else.

Y not let's start with dis...Ask ppl 2 mail u their CV, so u cud employ d unemployed n underemployed dat dont av d opportunity 2 set up somtin. Dont u tink u wud b of gr8 hlp even if u can just employ only 10?

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
bayocanny:

lol nice one bro, enjoy
thanks bro; Incase u get Canada connect, holla me... better thing no go kill megrin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
bayocanny:

i know a guy that went to the same dubai. Ran back to nigeria and he is doing great now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Basher8583: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
During my NYSC in Nigeria I was earning 19,800 monthly, with that I feed myself, pay for accommodation, transportation to PPA, flex smallgrin etc; but after my NYSC I moved to Dubai and I’m earning above what I earned in a whole year just in one month, with free accommodation, free food, free transportation to workplace, free medical, 24 hours uninterrupted power supply etc.

U wan make I come back to Nigeria abi? Unless if I’m offered a job in oil company
Please what exactly are you doing in Dubai. Labourer work? Just be careful. Those Arabs dont like you and can replace you by tomorow. They can even stop paying you and theres nothing you can do about it. Also note that your salary does not mean shit in Dubai as the cost of living is astronomically high. If you know you know. So stop making noise here labourer

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by wickyyolo: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
Making it in Nigeria Is not easy. If you don't have a strong heart just travel abroad. My advice.
I know how hard I worked to make things work but some bad person always spoil things.

But if your brother is a Governor, always come back home

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sweetmelanin(f): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you sometimes make me wanna puck

i guess in ur small brain. YOu think people dont make it in nigeria. YOU are outdated.

I have seen nigerian sharing papers in the winter, i have seen 10 nigerians sleeping in a tight room all in that your so called abroad. The nigeria that you see as hell. I see it as heaven a place to make good cash.you are short sighted,maybe that is why you cant see the big picture.

Lmaoo! Bless your heart .. im sorry that abroad didnt work out for you. Sorry o big man.
..dont puke Biko .. especially not in that deadly heat where you are roasting. Continue enjoying the "good cash" in nigeria wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Bandeco(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

pls stop lying asians and whites create businesses and employ their own. Nigerians want to wash toilet abroad. We have plenty of dirty toilet in nigeria, why is there no dignity in labour in washing our own toilet first.
You envy diaspora Nigerians alot.
You are becoming childish and preposterous with your comments. I live in Nigeria FYI. I habe no issue with anyone seeking a legitimate way to better their life anywhere. Its part of humanity. Migration is as old as life on earth.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

The World's Most Powerful Passports. / 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) / GEJ Trekker, OladeleNihi Involved In Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.