Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (52343 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Response To The Thread: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
bayocanny:

Are you presently in Nigeria?
Nigeria ke, the dude has been on vacation in US for more than a yeargrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Delivar(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
codemaniacs:

you are ignorant of the ECONOMIC situation most Africans were put in due to indirect rule of the europeans...
Another white man blaming. What's stopping us from breaking the shackles?

this "Any foreigner" may have relatives who send them at least $3000 monthly.... in the OP's case, most chinese have the financial backing of their government...

You are only agreeing with what I earlier said. No foreigner from countries better than Nigeria come into Nigeria without having something serious doing. Nigerians just run to foreign nations to wander the streets looking for what to eat. That's the difference

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
thanks bro; Incase u get Canada connect, holla me... better thing no go kill megrin
lol, greediness no go kill you, after you Don chop Arab money finish you still dey eye Canadian dollars.

warn yourself o
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by pooozeee(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
bayocanny:

so you don run go Dubai abi, no whala we shall meet it Canada

So you are also planning to go to where I want to go to abi?
No wahala we shall meet there in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by wickyyolo: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Making it in Nigeria Is not easy. If you don't have a strong heart just travel abroad. My advice.
I know how hard I worked to make things work but some bad person always spoil things.

But God has been wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sweetmelanin(f): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you parent did some odd job and took some loans for you to enjoy thus creating a debt trap.

Many nigerian do odd jobs abroad. That is a fact.

Your parent and maybe you are working.do you or your family own the company where they work. Did they not compete with locals to get what they want.many used AAction to get jobs.

From all the grammar you wrote.you sound entitled.

I guess everyone who works in Nigeria owns the company they work for undecided
You created this thread out of furstration so that people can come and console themselves here with the "no place like home" rhetoric.. Bitterness wont kill you.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Spygadgets19:
You need to understand one thing, not everyone is travelling for the sake of money. Some are travelling for comfort. Imagine paying for NEPA bill and yet you are not given the required service. Its annoying. People want a working society. Personally i just want a country were everything is working, 24 hrs power, good education with no strikes.

but how do you get comfort abroad if you are not working for cash. Or do you think comfort is free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Jman06(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Many of the people who travel abroad ain't just looking for where to make money, rather they seek sane societies where things work properly. Where they can apply for a job and be considered based on what they have to offer and not based on political connection. They also seek quality healthcare at affordable cost, constant power supply, good transport system, security of lives and property, good education etc. Those are the things Nigeria has failed to offer them and that is why they are leaving!

Some would want them to come home and build their country, and I ask; how do you build a country governed by selfish, wicked and demonic leaders who are in no way interested in seeing the country change for good Watch the kind of machinations the evil men in power today are trying to employ to manipulate the upcoming election in their favour, how do you expect the common man to build the country under such political atmosphere

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
Dika ihe siri gbata kwuru na obodo anyi bu Naijiria, o dighi ihe na-aga aga etu o kwesiri iga Dika na obodo ndi ocha, ndi na-etolite etolite na-ahuzi ihapu ala nna ha gas obodo oyibo igba mbo ka ha mara ma o ga-adabanye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
Basher8583:

Please what exactly are you doing in Dubai. Labourer work? Just be careful. Those Arabs dont like you and can replace you by tomorow. They can even stop paying you and theres nothing you can do about it. Also note that your salary does not mean shit in Dubai as the cost of living is astronomically high. If you know you know. So stop making noise here labourer
lols, I laff... I can see the high level of bitterness, oga u be enemy of progress; meanwhile i’m NOT doing menial job neither am I employed by a local; if you want to know what I do or where I work; then come over I will show u

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sweetmelanin(f): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
Jman06:
Many of the people who travel abroad ain't just looking for where to make money, rather they seek sane societies where things work properly. Where they can apply for a job and be considered based on what they have to offer and not based on political connection. They also seek quality healthcare at affordable cost, constant power supply, good transport system, security of lives and property, good education etc. Those are the things Nigeria has failed to offer them and that is why they are leaving!

Some would want them to come home and build their country, and I ask; how do you build a country governed by selfish, wicked and demonic leaders who are in no way interested in seeing the country change for good Watch the kind of machinations the evil men in power today are trying to employ to manipulate the upcoming election in their favour, how do you expect the common man to build the country under such political atmosphere

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

i know a guy that went to the same dubai. Ran back to nigeria and he is doing great now.
you're very correct sir, you've made some valid points in your post. if only our leaders can turn things around for us and make life easier and better for the average man I see no reason why travelling to another man's land.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by tejpot(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
The question is why were we thought Rural to Urban migration in Economics?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
Nigeria ke, the dude has been on vacation in US for more than a yeargrin
lol let the guy answer the question na
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Rextizzle(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you sometimes make me wanna puck

i guess in ur small brain. YOu think people dont make it in nigeria. YOU are outdated.

I have seen nigerian sharing papers in the winter, i have seen 10 nigerians sleeping in a tight room all in that your so called abroad. The nigeria that you see as hell. I see it as heaven a place to make good cash.you are short sighted,maybe that is why you cant see the big picture.
Negro, stop deceiving youreself, we know if you are given US Visa, you will run out of Naija in no time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by jeff1607(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
if the exchange rate was good enough Nigerians won't want to travel overseas or stay too long there
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by onlyforchrist: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

but how do you get comfort abroad if you are not working for cash. Or do you think comfort is free of charge.
i guess this boy is a bot. he's very closed minded and pessimistic. I wonder how people around you have to do to accommodate you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by supereagle(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
You can be in UK and not OK; you can be in US and still be useless, all blessing come from Above and not Abroad.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
bayocanny:

lol, greediness no go kill you, after you Don chop Arab money finish you still dey eye Canadian dollars.

warn yourself o
no be greediness ooo, who no like better thinggrin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
pooozeee:

So you are also planning to go to where I want to go to abi? No wahala we shall meet there in jesus name
amen

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by wickyyolo: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
chris31:
If i no travel outside naija & marry a white woman pls tell me na wetin i gain ?

I taya oh. Oga do the needful
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by codemaniacs: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
zz

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
sweetmelanin:

I guess everyone who works in Nigeria owns the company they work for?

You created this thread out of furstration so that people can come and console themselves here with the "no place like home rhetoric". Bittterness wont kill you.

how is this bitterness. According to ur logic if someone doesnt agree to ur strange thought that means the person is jealous.

Abeg go and sleep in ur tight corner. Tomorrow is another hard and sad day for you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sweetmelanin(f): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
naunasabi:
@op why do Nigerians think it is all about money?

What about quality of life? Last time I checked the life expectancy in that shit-hole is around 50 years. Moving to country like Germany automatically increases your life expectancy by about 30 years on the average.

What about opportunity? Yes you can make money in Nigeria but then how much are we talking about? Being a middle class doesn't spare your children the horror of everyday life in Nigerian or how uncertain the future look. Unless you are among the top earners in Nigeria which will afford you the means to ship your children abroad for a better life. Which brings me back to the question if Nigeria is that great after making the money since that is your sole indicator of a wonderful life why don't you leave your kids in Nigeria instead of carting them away?

To the average man on the street, Nigeria is one of the worse place to be born and to live in. Go to the west the average man on the street has a prospect if they work towards it. In Nigeria working hard towards your goal doesn't cut it, you have to be very lucky and know people. I know that there are group of people that will counter this point but my question to those people is to compare the number of those that did it without knowing anyone with those that knew someone. While when you look at the west the element of luck and knowing someone is insignificant on how your life turns out.

@op you won't know the quality of life until you get home from work, flip the switch and there is power. Step into your tube and take a warm bath thereafter relax in your sofa without any worries of whether the power will be on when you wake up in the morning or if the tap will be running in the morning. You wont known the quality of life or what it really means to make it until you have emergency medical condition and all you need to do is dial emergency services and their will be medical personnel right there at your home to save your life.

Even in your so called money haven- even if you managed to amass a lot of money when you have medical emergency the service you will get is a far cry from a decent one. I forgot all your billionaires are still running abroad for medical checkup.

As for the poor man he is on his own!

Yes to me making it, is living in a society where everyone has equal or at least near equal opportunity of charting the course of their lives.

Making it to me is living in a society where I don't have to worry about the mundane things of life like security, health , education, human right, job security etc. You can be making money but mine and I can speak for most people is living in a decent society.

To us that is what making it is all about!

10000 likes

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bayocanny: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
6digitscomrade:
sharrap and stop trying so hard to be clever...I have been reading all your nonsense...You and your would be boss were just benefitting from our failed system which places high and ridiculous value on self confessed expatriates rather than employ same indegenously with the same qualification and knowledge of the terrain...

Internalize your frustrations or so called contentment...Let people chase their dreams wherever and however...

You sound like a person who would rather watch someone suffer in penury and ignore them only to appear later to come and interrogate their success..
no no bro, you can simply voice your opinion without insulting the op, kindly edit your post.
let's maintain civility in discussion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by jeff1607(m): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
lols, I laff... I can see the high level of bitterness, oga u be enemy of progress; meanwhile i’m NOT doing menial job neither am I employed by a local; if you want to know what I do or where I work; then come over I will show u

you don't expect him to just come over there to confirm na

if there's joy in your profession just say what you do over there period

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you sometimes make me wanna puck

i guess in ur small brain. YOu think people dont make it in nigeria. YOU are outdated.

I have seen nigerian sharing papers in the winter, i have seen 10 nigerians sleeping in a tight room all in that your so called abroad. The nigeria that you see as hell. I see it as heaven a place to make good cash.you are short sighted,maybe that is why you cant see the big picture.

that's all you are looking at....

Cash, make it big, etc..

who is now the materialistic one? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
majekdom2:
bros I respect you but pls tell yourself the truth. You moderate the travel section and you see how some of your people present forged documents both home and abroad. How many Chinese are doing dishes in Nigeria. Immigration is never a bad thing, this is why there is a ministry and department for it in every country. The truth remains many Nigerians are nuisances both home and abroad. I was at the airport the other and was disgusted by every official in that building. Every one of them is looking for a way to collect money from you like that is the job they are being paid for. This greed, pity seeking mentality is what has made many leave the country without no proper plan and purpose for traveling. I am currently outside Nigeria and I am engaging other Africans that are well travelled, there isn’t any good story to tell. Naija hard yes, but have a plan for your life before you start thinking of running away from naija.

Doing dishing in Nigeria does not pay but doing the same dishing in the UK,US, Canada pays because they have labour laws that work.

Chinese comes to Nigeria to do things that pays just like Nigerians travel abroad to do those jobs that pays better than in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NONNYG: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
jeff1607:

you don't expect him to just come over there to confirm na

if there's joy in your profession just say what you do over there period
Even if I say what I’m doing, he will still not believe it; seeing is believing they say

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by frankfrank(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

But nigerians are trooping out of their country like nothing works in nigeria.

@ thebosstrevor, do you know how many (talented/resourceful) Nigeria that can't achieve their dream in this country and they will die with their dream. Nawa! the system embedded is corruption, even my dear thebosstrevor, whatever you have achieve in Nigeria can you share your story with us? Its only minute Nigerians excel without the backing of "WHO YOU KNOW AND WHO YOUR PAPA BE". This is the reality all the start up or whatever progremmes in our Great country is skewed to their favor.
Back to the Chinese and Koreans you mentioned, go do a research and see the level of support their Govt gives them and our corrupted system gives them the leverage to strife over hard working Nigerian youth. Ask them well well them go tell you. Plant cassav na cassava go get, If you know or understand you understand.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by TamiloreOshin(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
in my own opinion i think many nigerians going abroad are only looking for a better life someone that is okay like u don't see the use. As 4 me i will take my chances i need a better life

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
onlyforchrist:

i guess this boy is a bot. he's very closed minded and pessimistic. I wonder how people around you have to do to accommodate you.

you talking trash.

IS comfort free anywhere in this world? My friend open ur brain and think.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) / GEJ Trekker, OladeleNihi Involved In Accident (Photos) / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.