Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO (7376 Views)

Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner / Nigeria Can’t Meet Vision 20-20 Target, Says UNIDO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
MaziUche0:

You see it as a problem, I see it as an opportunity. Focusing on education, opening up our markets to foreigners etc allows us to follow the Chinese model. You do know that the Chinese were once like us, until they got their priorities straight in which they focused on educating the children of their peasant families. Now look how they country is rising and economy is expanding.

ROFLMAO!!!

So, I see problem that requires solution right now. You see Opportunity we continue to refuse to ignore year after year and this makes your point in what point?

I find it funny that you mention there that China had to get it's priorities straight i.e. China decided to address it's problems and implement solutions but the same you refuses to acknowledge we have problems right now. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by MaziUche0(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! . . .  Let me even make an attempt on this

@MaziUche0, are you basing this assertion of fact or the simply assumptions? I mean either we address our reality or we continue to create hypotheticals and fantasies while we continue to dig ourselves deeper in problems. Which one?

Kobojunkie,

I base my information on facts. Africa's resources has not not been fully tapped into. Why do you think there is a new scramble for Africa? If Africa's resources were fully tapped into, you wouldn't have the Chinese or the West trying to do business in Africa. Come on think my dear, instead of arguing for the sake of arguing.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
MaziUche0:

Kobojunkie,

I base my information on facts. Africa's resources has not not been fully tapped into. Why do you think there is a new scramble for Africa? If Africa's resources were fully tapped into, you wouldn't have the Chinese or the West trying to do business in Africa. Come on think my dear, instead of arguing for the sake of arguing.

lol . .  mind providing me a link or something to the source of these facts of yours?

I never posited that there is a NEW scramble for resources in Africa. I simply stated that there has been an over 2000% increase in need for our resources from china. And that is not even counting exports to other nations outside of Africa. How long do you expect these resources to remain for you?

Honestly, I thnnk you are the one arguing for the sake of it since your arguments seem mostly based on WE SHALL SEES or MAYBE IT WILL AND MAY BE NOTS
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
MaziUche0:

Kobojunkie,

Only a small percentage of African resources has been tapped into. Do you know how many resources that can be found in Africa that has not even been touched? Right now Western Nations and the Chinese have only taken a little bit of Africa's resources. Our resources are being exploited by both the African elite and foreign companies, but we still have more than enough resources to turn things around.

The future will be real resources and knowledge based,we have the resources but lack know- how ,In Nigeria the oil majors make more money than our government,we need to do expoloration by ourselves,refine by ourselves,ship by ourselves and dictate the price at which we sell by ourselves.All over Africa  the situation is just the same.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by MaziUche0(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!

So, I see problem that requires solution right now. You see Opportunity we continue to refuse to ignore year after year and this makes your point in what point?

I find it funny that you mention there that China had to get it's priorities straight i.e. China decided to address it's problems and implement solutions but the same you refuses to acknowledge we have problems right now. ROFLMAO!!

And what are these problems? You believe in this foolish assumption that Africa is overpopulated? Yet, fail to recognize that Africa can take care of its people if we focused on food production and instead of exporting cash crops. You understand?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by MaziUche0(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
olas2u:

The future will be real resources and knowledge based,we have the resources but lack know- how ,In Nigeria the oil majors make more money than our government,we need to do expoloration by ourselves,refine by ourselves,ship by ourselves and dictate the price at which we sell by ourselves.All over Africa the situation is just the same.

Agreed. However, I think we need to stop relying on oil, because it will not last forever. Plus, Western countries are trying to move away from fossil fuels. We need to focus on agriculture and our service industry. Plus, we do have mineral deposits that have not been exploited.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
MaziUche0:

And what are these problems? You believe in this foolish assumption that Africa is overpopulated? Yet, fail to recognize that Africa can take care of its people if we focused on food production and instead of exporting cash crops. You understand?

Typical . . so you see here who is arguing for the sake of it, I need you to get me the very place where I state that Africa is overpopulated. . . that first and then I decide if this is worth going ahead with. Cause I love my time~!
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by MaziUche0(m): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Typical . . so you see here who is arguing for the sake of it, I need you to get me the very place where I state that Africa is overpopulated. . . that first and then I decide if this is worth going ahead with. Cause I love my time~!

Read your statements and anyone with a brain can see what you are implying. So why are you arguing? Do you even remember?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2010
Yes, proven to be a member of the typical US vs. THEM crowd. . . . If you do not agree with them, you are AGAINST them and in most cases, an enemy!!!

sheeesh!!
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by ezeagu(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2010
Aba alone probably has 5 million people while Lagos may already have 25 million people, I won't be surprised if Nigeria has already reached 300 million.

Uhm, some people don't know what population maintenance is. Nations worrying about their rate of growth are not concerned with doubling their growth, but maintaining their population. Japan seriously does not want to double its population with the little bit of plain lands it has. shocked Really? Are you serious?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by asha80(m): 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
ezeagu:

Aba alone probably has 5 million people while Lagos may already have 25 million people, I won't be surprised if Nigeria has already reached 300 million.

Uhm, some people don't know what population maintenance is. Nations worrying about their rate of growth are not concerned with doubling their growth, but maintaining their population. Japan seriously does not want to double its population with the little bit of plain lands it has. shocked Really? Are you serious?

In that small area shocked undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by adconline(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
UNIDO should tell this to Mr Peter Obi who doesn't want contraceptives in his state, because Pope says that they are immoral.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by ezeagu(m): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2010
asha 80:

In that small area  shocked undecided

How big is Singapore? In fact how big is Manhattan? undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by MaziUche0(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes, proven to be a member of the typical US vs. THEM crowd. . . . If you do not agree with them, you are AGAINST them and in most cases, an enemy!!!

sheeesh!!

Kobojunkie,

Enough with your slanderous perception of me. I recognize other point of views, but I will not allow someone to belittle me in any way. I respect the spirit of debate, but only a person who knows that they have proven wrong with resort to such a tactic. I expect better from you.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by asha80(m): 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
adconline:

UNIDO should tell this to Mr Peter Obi who doesn't want contraceptives in his state, because Pope says that they are immoral.

What  shocked?

However i do not think Peter Obi or whatever pope can control any individual there on using contraceptive unless anambra has become a dictatorial state.Do you want to tell me that contraceptives are not sold there?

ezeagu:

How big is Singapore? In fact how big is Manhattan? undecided

Mehn that city or town must really be choked .
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by ezeagu(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
asha 80:

Mehn that city or town must really be choked .

Is it not Aba that looks like Hiroshima after a few days of recovering from the Atom bomb?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by cold(m): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
I keep saying Kobo has hit an all time low.Her views used to be refreshing,in fact a thread was not a thread until kobo made her analysis.Now her views are as stale as it gets.Kobo take my advice,go into another hibernation and re-invent yourself.Bring back the old kobo.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by manny4life(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2010
cold:

I keep saying Kobo has hit an all time low.Her views used to be refreshing,in fact a thread was not a thread until kobo made her analysis.Now her views are as stale as it gets.Kobo take my advice,go into another hibernation and re-invent yourself.Bring back the old kobo.

Hmmm, I don't think you want kobo to face her attention to you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by sley4life(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
it shouldnt reach oo, A policy should be introduced. Not more than 3kids per family
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by ada24: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
anyone compaing india's poor with nigeria's poor should look at % and not 421 million - are u forgetting that over 1billion people live in india. if you ask me that means over half are not poor - if we are going to go down the simplified route. can we say that over 50% of nigerians are not poor. trust me access to clean water and electricity is a basic human right. there are still people in nigeria who don't believe that some countries provide electricty 24/7

please look at all the stats b4 telling us that india is poorer than nigerian. like infant mortality, age expectancy, literacy levels etc.

by the way these people come here to exploit our country - when they have taken what they want they leave with their money - how many chinese, indian or lebansese people are building schools and hospitals instead they come to nigeria treat the nigerian staff like 2nd class citizens in their own country - oh the insult!! and we people are really saying that chinese and indian people come here as if it makes nigeria some kind of developed nation
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Borat1: 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
I dont think nigeria's population even makes the 100 million mark to be honest. . .
I dont know how they come up with these figures
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by ada24: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
~Borat~:

I dont think nigeria's population even makes the 100 million mark to be honest. . .

huh some of the major cities in nigeria are so over populated that human beings will outnumber ants soon.

when family planning is not taken up by a huge section of the society and women start childbearing early you really think the population has not reached 100million?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Onlytruth(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
lol. The usual "patriotic" suspects have derailed this thread already.  cry

I think the point of this thread is that Nigeria is NOT counting the numbers right. Even worse is the fact that the population distribution is deliberately skewed for political reasons.

Big population, small population is not the point. undecided

[size=16pt]Count the damn thing right![/size] [size=16pt]Prepare an honest census and show the country's population as is![/size]

Show where the money should be going (for development, schools and infrastructure), instead of dumping money in the desert. sad
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Abagworo(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
ezeagu:

you must be a comedian of the highest order.aba proper hangs around 500,000 to 600,000.the total population of the urban areas including osisioma,obingwa and ugwunagbo may sum it up to a little above 1 million.lagos itself maybe around 10 to 12 million.we need to stop population inflation and face reality.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
Abagworo:

you must be a comedian of the highest order.aba proper hangs around 500,000 to 600,000.the total population of the urban areas including osisioma,obingwa and ugwunagbo may sum it up to a little above 1 million.lagos itself maybe around 10 to 12 million.we need to stop population inflation and face reality.

COuld you possibly show us where you get your own average from?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
~Borat~:

Nobody has the faintest idea. The first thing is to conduct a proper detailed census then we can start talking about  projected birth rates and death rates in the decades to come.

I strongly believe with greater participation of the female folk in education , training and formal employment in recent years, and the consequential delay in marriage, as well as more circumspect family planning, the population may well be under 100 million.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by adconline(m): 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
Asha @
However i do not think Peter Obi or whatever pope can control any individual there on using contraceptive unless anambra has become a dictatorial state.Do you want to tell me that contraceptives are not sold there?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125674.0.html
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by Beaf: 12:23am On Aug 05, 2010
This is my calculation of Nigeria's population. It works backwards from the accepted 150 million;

If in South West, multiply accepted cencus figures by 1.2.
If in South East, multiply accepted cencus figures by 3.
If in far North, divide accepted cencus figures by 10.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by ezeagu(m): 2:04am On Aug 05, 2010
Abagworo:

When was your own official census? You have non, so where are you getting you're own information? Lagos has more than 15 million people already, and anyone who has been there knows this. Are you aware the official census says there are 3 million people in Kano city?
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by MaziUche0(m): 2:09am On Aug 05, 2010
Numbers matter in Nigeria. . . undecided

I still can't understand why the North is given such a large population. No where in the world can a desert climate handle such a population.
Re: Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO by makajibbz(m): 3:35am On Aug 05, 2010
shocked angry
where we won put those people , inside lagos.
non-sense, there ar no facilities to breed dis amont of pple, nigeria will jus turn to ' dooms town' home of anarchy.
pls evri guy, hold ur **** u can afford condoms. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara / FG Targets 7% Growth With Economic Recovery Plan / Who Is The Most Popular Person On Nairaland Politics Session?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.