Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources (27032 Views)

Obi Insists Coastal Highway Project Is Not A Priority / I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by cmikel: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2018
hehehe....

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by PFRB: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2018
amaechi1:
This man should just keep quite and allow this dust to settle. You are quoting a newspaper publication as source. The print media may even be bias and not correct.

Secondly, in his defence, I can't see a support for the FDI and vehicle census he quoted.

You sound like a zombi. Federal office of statistics cannot give you the number of vehicles playing the roads, they can only give you the number of vehicles imported and registered. Get some sense bro.

2 Likes

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

Mr "neutral," can you just help Obi clarify some of his following shameless lies which he didn't think it's necessary to! You remember you tried defending some of his lies some days ago even though you're "neutral," you could just complete the defence as the "neutral" that you are.

1) Nigeria's FDI in 2015 was $41bn
2) There are 2 million vehicles in Nigeria
3) 6% of Nigerians (not 6 persons that you his sycophants want to twist it to) fall into poverty every minute
4) Mexico is part of brics countries
5) Nigeria had fallen on the global competitive index from 124 to 127.

Thanks.

Congratulations. I had a feeling I will come across u today.
Can u kindly dig up where u&me had a discussion on d items u listed above &also tell me how all u said above relate 2 my quote below.

lexy2014:

Wow...so newspaper is no longer a reference? If u feel d newspaper source he quoted is "bias&incorrect", u owe it a duty to provide d correct & unbiased source to counter his claims
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Jowanson: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2018
amaechi1:
This man should just keep quite and allow this dust to settle. You are quoting a newspaper publication as source. The print media may even be bias and not correct.

Secondly, in his defence, I can't see a support for the FDI and vehicle census he quoted.

What do you know? Print media publication can be quoted ....

The fact is he has (Obi) made his points simple...All these you are talking about now are medicine after death....

Tell your VP to always back his claims with statistical figures.....

Just recently, your president asked the statistical agency to manipulate the unemployment figures saying the rice agricultural subsector have provided 12m jobs...12m jobs? Geez!

Well, we know the real unemployment figures...
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Jowanson: 9:38am On Dec 18, 2018
Afamed:

The thread is about lying Obi cha lie. Don't derail.
A Governor without a single project at his Agulu village settings

Leave your discomfort zone and travel... Landlord travel and see...you will be amazed!
Obi turned Anambra furtunes aright in his 8 year rule....

1 Like

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by divinegiftmodel: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2018
[quote author=deomelllo post=73943726]lol @ HimTu Lai ransacking the internet for irrelevant junk to cover his lies with...

What a born loser..

STALE ...
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Moukandjo: 9:43am On Dec 18, 2018
lexy2014:

Congratulations. I had a feeling I will come across u today.
Can u kindly dig up where u&me had a discussion on d items u listed above &also tell me how all u said above relate 2 my quote below.

lexy2014:

Am not a party follower so its easy 4 me 2c things without my sentimental lenses. are u trying 2 tell me it was PDP guys who were in d hall yester night hailing obi? Obi didn't say 87m Nigerians are unemployed. He said 87m Nigerians are poor.

We can't c FDI but we can c rice. Pls confirm if this statement from Osinbajo is true or false. It will help to answer ur last question.:

"97% of rice consumed by Nigerians is locally produced. Nigeria only imports 3% of d rice it consumes".

You know "neutrals" like you won't consider the bolded a defence for Obi's lie on FDI! grin
Can you now, as the "neutral" that you are, complete the defence & help Obi defend the other numerous shameless lies he's refused to clarify. Or we don't also see the 2 million cars he lied about? We don't see the global competitive index that he lied about

1 Like

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by bedspread: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

The first and last zombie monikers belongs to the same person.

I perceive that my brother

1 Like

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

Take that quote u brought up and compare it with d five items u listed. Show me how that quote is relevant with d issues u raised. Then.again, how is all u said this morning relevant 2 this quote?

"Wow...so newspaper is no longer a reference? If u feel d newspaper source he quoted is "bias&incorrect", u owe it a duty to provide d correct & unbiased source to counter his claims".
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

You know "neutrals" like you won't consider the bolded a defence for Obi's lie on FDI! grin
Can you now, as the "neutral" that you are, complete the defence & help Obi defend the other numerous shameless lies he's refused to clarify.

Is that what u call a "defence"? What of d other items u said I defended?
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

Can you now, as the "neutral" that you are, complete the defence & help Obi defend the other numerous shameless lies he's refused to clarify. Or we don't also see the 2 million cars he lied about? We don't see the global competitive index that he lied about

I actually thought u were going 2 bring out were I categorically said obi was right on d FDI matter. Don't u have were I said that?
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Decryptor(m): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2018
myboy2111:
Obi IQ is too low...all the info provided above have nothing to do with the Assertions of :
1. 6% Poverty Rate per minute
2. FDI of $41billion
3. Indonesia as part of BRICS
4. Your Country
5. Human Capital Index not improving
6 Computer system
7.Deleted tweets

Bring out your own verifiable info to counter that of Obi or forever STFU!
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Valintino4eva(m): 10:03am On Dec 18, 2018
Afamed:
Damage control. The Obi chi lie wanna safe face. Born to lie
which damage, or you are the one being shameless
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Moukandjo: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2018
lexy2014:

Is that what u call a "defence"? What of d other items u said I defended?

Calm down & read! I already told you the one you defended as the "neutral" that you are! You know only "neutrals" are quick to point out the exaggerations of one candidate but when presented with the many flaws of the other candidate who they claim they aren't sympathetic to, they dismiss it as irrelevant! I'm just asking you, as the "neutral" that you are to help Obi defend the remaining lies he's refused to address in this his latest write-up! Just do it for the "neutrals," I know you aren't sympathetic to the PDP!

3) 6% of Nigerians (not 6 persons that his sycophants want to twist it to) fall into poverty every minute

Thanks.
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by jomoh: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2018
sykeng:

Newspaper publication can be a reference any day any time.

Mr, Newspaper publications can be cited for news but cannot be referenced for statistical data like that. They are called news agency for a reason not statistical generating agency.

Statistical data has to be from the source not from a transmitting medium like newspaper.
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

Calm down & read! I already told you the one you defended as the "neutral" that you are! You know only "neutrals" are quick to point out the exaggerations of one candidate but when presented with the many flaws of the other candidate who they claim they aren't sympathetic to, they dismiss it as irrelevant! I'm just asking you, as the "neutral" that you are to help Obi defend the remaining lies he's refused to address in this his latest write-up! Just do it for the "neutrals," I know you aren't sympathetic to the PDP!

3) 6% of Nigerians (not 6 persons that you his sycophants want to twist it to) fall into poverty every minute

Thanks.

Maybe "defence" now has a new meaning.

So how do all these u have said relate to.this quote?

"Wow...so newspaper is no longer a reference? If u feel d newspaper source he quoted is "bias&incorrect", u owe it a duty to provide d correct & unbiased source to counter his claims"
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Alex80s(m): 10:14am On Dec 18, 2018
thegreenland
Stalwert
ClearFlair
GOFRONT
servercodes001
Jonathan
Passingshot
Flattino
Corrinthians
yarimo

ZOMBIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Moukandjo: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2018
lexy2014:

Maybe "defence" now has a new meaning.

So how do all these u have said relate to.this quote?

"Wow...so newspaper is no longer a reference? If u feel d newspaper source he quoted is "bias&incorrect", u owe it a duty to provide d correct & unbiased source to counter his claims"

Mr "neutral," so you mean dismissing the fact that Obi lied about FDI when you were viciously pointing out the exaggerations of the VP is no sort of defence grin Funny man!
But don't you think you need to also dismiss the other lies by Peter Obi that he's refused to address in this his latest writeup as irrelevant while hammering on the exaggerations of the VP since that's what "neutrals" do grin
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Chukzy44(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2018
PFRB:

You sound like a zombi. Federal office of statistics cannot give you the number of vehicles playing the roads, they can only give you the number of vehicles imported and registered. Get some sense bro.

I second this bro the dunce is really in need of a brain transplant!!
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

Mr "neutral," so you mean dismissing the fact that Obi lied about FDI when you were viciously pointing out the exaggerations of the VP is no sort of defence grin Funny man!
But don't you think you need to also dismiss the other lies by Peter Obi that he's refused to address in this his latest writeup as irrelevant while hammering on the exaggerations of the VP since that's what "neutrals" do grin

What is d relevance of all these to this quote?:

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Wallade(m): 10:37am On Dec 18, 2018
amaechi1:

Why can't he quote the newspaper publication as source?
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by feddis(m): 10:39am On Dec 18, 2018
You should be domesticated because you're a wild ignorant fool.
He has come out with facts but your stupidity and selfishness won't allow you to be reasonably sane, instead you just go all wild out with insults to a man who has achieved the best form of credible governance in Nigeria, that no one in your generation will ever perceive due to your reckless wild ignorance.

deomelllo:
lol @ HimTu Lai ransacking the internet for irrelevant junk to cover his lies with...

What a born loser..

grin
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Wallade(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2018
jomoh:

Mr, Newspaper publications can be cited for news but cannot be referenced for statistical data like that. They are called news agency for a reason not statistical generating agency.

Statistical data has to be from the source not from a transmitting medium like newspaper.

Oga, you can reference the newspaper or journal or media print because they couldn't have published that information without a source. Infact, ethics of journalism requires the media outfit to indicate or credit the source of their information in the news article.

Stop making an issue about the newspaper publication reference. It is irrelevant.
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Wallade(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

OK. Let me ask:
How many cars do we have in Nigeria?
What is Nigeria's Global Competitive Index?

Can you inform us? So we can analyze the issues raised with your own figures too, not just Peter Obi's figures.
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Moukandjo: 10:49am On Dec 18, 2018
lexy2014:

What is d relevance of all these to this quote?:

I understand, Mr "neutral." Let's let you be for now until we come across another "neutral" post of yours! grin
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by biztip: 10:51am On Dec 18, 2018
those of us who know Obi well knows DT most if all these people ranting against him re not up to half a man he is. even his fellow contenders re not up to dt
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Gennygolden(f): 10:53am On Dec 18, 2018
According Cable News facts check, Peter Obi’s figures didn’t add up. He fabricated things.

CLAIM BY OBI: There are about two million vehicles in Nigeria.
CHECKED: False. According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Nigeria has a total vehicle population of about 11,547,236 as at the third quarter of 2017.

CLAIM BY OSINBAJO: Bag of fertiliser now sells for N6,000 to N7,000.
CHECKED: Largely correct. Price of fertiliser has experienced a drastic drop following the Nigeria-Morroco fertiliser deal. As at 2016, a bag of fertiliser sold above N10,000

CLAIM BY OBI: Total loans from the banks in Nigeria is N19trn and only 0.5% goes to SMEs
CHECKED: Unverified.

CLAIM BY OSINBAJO: There is a tax threshold for SMEs, SMEs get to a level before they pay taxes
CHECKED: Verification in progress.

CLAIM BY GALADIMA: AFCTA will not benefit Nigeria
CHECKED: Cannot be proven by facts.
CLAIM BY OBI: African trade today is less than 9 percent
CHECKED: False. According to Afriexim Bank, Intra-Africa trade is around 15 percent. In 2016, intra-African exports made up 18 percent of total exports according to Brookings Institution.

CLAIM BY OSINBAJO: Nigeria went down by 64 places under PDP, but has risen by 24 places under APC
CHECKED: True and False. Nigeria went down from 120 to 170 between 2008 and 2015, under PDP rule. Under the APC, ease of doing business has risen from 170 in 2015 to 146 in 2018, according to the World Bank Ease of Doing Business report.

CLAIM BY OBI: Oil give you 80% of foreign exchange earnings
CHECKED: False. As at 2017 NBS figures showed that Nigeria’s foreign exchange earnings from oil the oil sector stood above 90%.

CLAIM BY OBI: To bring out goods from Apapa cost more than it takes to bring goods from Europe
CHECKED: Unverified

CLAIM BY GALADIMA: We have four refineries in Nigeria, and none is working.
CHECKED: Dicey. The refineries according to NNPC reports are working at sub-optimal levels. Not totally dysfunctional.

UMMA GESTO: Nigerian Airways was one of the largest in the world
Verification in progress

CLAIM BY OBI: Apple Inc’s market cap is bigger than the economy of Nigeria, South Africa and Egypt
CHECKED: Dicey. Apple’s market cap today is $788.57 billion. The economy of these three countries are bigger than Apple. When Apple was $1 trillion a few months ago, it was bigger in dollar terms.

1 Like

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Gennygolden(f): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2018
How about this

Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by lexy2014: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2018
Moukandjo:

I understand, Mr "neutral." Let's let you be for now until we come across another "neutral" post of yours! grin

If we trace back my interaction with u were I first said I am neutral, it might b aeons ago&it seem 2 have stung u pretty well. Like I said last time out, its a pity u still feel disgruntled about it 2d point were its now an obsession 4u. I can't console u neither am I in d mood 2get u out of d conundrum u put urself as a result of were I stand on issues. U can as well follow me so that u get alert whenever I make a post. It will b easier 4u to monitor me that way
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Moukandjo: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2018
lexy2014:

If we trace back my interaction with u were I first said I am neutral, it might b aeons ago&it seem 2 have stung u pretty well. Like I said last time out, its a pity u still feel disgruntled about it 2d point were its now an obsession 4u. I can't console u neither am I in d mood 2get u out of d conundrum u put urself as a result of were I stand on issues. U can as well follow me so that u get alert whenever I make a post. It will b easier 4u to monitor me that way

Point is hypocrites are actually very disgusting people! You're not more PDP or anti APC than a lot of the PDP sycophants here. The only difference is everyone else owns & accepts their bias, & that's absolutely fine! You don't see them claim to be neutral when their comments indicate otherwise which is really irritating!

Anyways, cheers, Mr "neutral"! grin
Re: VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2018
amaechi1:

But its still a source regardless. You can go and sue the newspaper of it is wrong. For you to tell us, it is wrong, you must conduct your own research with clear methodologies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Tells Peter Obi: Those Fighting You Are Envying You (Video) / Court Stops Police From Arresting Gbagi / Construction Of Ibom Industrial Park & Sterling Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.