Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (8919 Views)

Peter Ebhota Udo Dies Of Hypertension 22 Months After Freedom From Kidnappers / Finally I'm Free from religion / Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by emperordachris(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2018
963AvatarSpirit:

frobel2,

Sorry to bother you dude. Do people actually go through those stanzas in Life, I have not been religious for decades, so it seems I am at a disconnect with your thought spectrum.

Why would anyone believe in Hell or Monotheism, it is so silly to even think there is a guy in the sky capable of watching all CCTV cameras from all alternate dimensions specific to each node of the construct. Entity can either be all and see all and experience as a Conscious Solid State Entity larger than planets or Galaxies, but even then, to experience all and remain a fractal of a unit within a system such as this universe then there should be multitudes of unsupervised nodes, the fractals one has to become at and on any local dimension entity to supervise all the impossible Illusion of the spectrum. And this analogy is not on course with any religions, but that is not to say that religions are bad. Bad people are in religions almost always, but it helps all maintain the desired control, so we all can sleep peacefully at night.

If you take away the veil of ignorance, the game will be over. Entropy will be escalated. So, I support the notion that Ignorance of them, is a bliss to me. grin

The more people are in religions, the better for me. The religious are totally in a reality prison and it is perfectly okay to be ignorant, it is the reason I love them with a passion. Religious controls make minds control the ultimate tool to maintain world peace.

Please stop waking people up. grin grin grin
I would like to know more
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
LordReed:

We do that a lot already but most theist when they come up against such incisive questions immediately want to shutdown the conversation with their theistic assertions or with bible thumping.

This. Not to mention, its hard to ignore christians when they're everywhere around you and are constantly trying to shove their ''gospel'' in your face in d name of evangelism.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
MhizAngel99:

This. Not to mention, its hard to ignore christians when they're everywhere around you and are constantly trying to shove their ''gospel'' in your face in d name of evangelism.

True
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by luvmijeje(f): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I don't decry you for this,
I dont decry you for ever doubting the existence of God

I am not judging you or any other atheists for their religion of not believing in the existence of God
but when they curse the darkness, I light candles
My work is to light up candle to illuminate a darkness

I thought I've seen it all but this one really takes the biscuit
I have never read nor come across a discombobulated post such as this before
I've always said that you are more confused than a chameleon that slipped into a bag of skittles

What the f word are you on? Huh?
Three simple and straightforward question but oh no, would she answer them.
No, she totally ignored the questions

luvmijeje, instead of ducking the questions, doing your usual strawman mining
and now this deflecting or going on a tangent, why not now attempt the 3 questions, now turned 4.
1/ Why is it alright not to believe in God or the existence of God?
2/ Why doesnt believing in God or the existence of God not make one a fool?
3/ What in the context of Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1 is a fool?
4/ Did any out of these your 3 favourite men doubt the existence of God?

I will tell you why David was dispirited, if you were in David's shoes, you will be too
will tell you why Jesus Christ never in Matthew 26 :46 doubted God
and also will tell you why Abraham, in Genesis 17:17,
doubted God about the reality of him and his wife Sarah to still have the promised child together

I will only tell after you answer the original three questions, that's now become four

Because I'm deadlier than a snake and because of I'm wiser than you, I slowly draw you into a trap.

1. If David, Christ and Abraham could doubt God then none of us in any position to question those who do or call them names.

2. Because we've all been in that position.

3. Psalm 22:2

2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.[b]

What's that your question again about Atheist doubting God? The same David who has the gut to call someone a fool was the same person questioning why God was silence in his dark moment.

4. They all doubted it beautifully.

You are the only one who mentioned me like a mad man during my short break. It shows my plan to put a rope your neck is working.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by GooseBaba: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
generationz:

sorry you seemed to have wasted your time

you were obviously surrounded by religious people and not true Christians

its obvious from your original post

All your "religious activities" were carried out with fear rather than with love

Too bad.

Whenever I see another one become atheist or a new age inductee I can just imagine the level of religiousness and confusion he / she was subjected too

in fact most of you were from strictly religious families

Religiousness = fear and emptiness

christianity = a loving and affectionate relationship with the holyspirit which will male you climb mountains , cross rivers and seas etc j[b]ust to do his will and still rejoice in oppression
[/b]

At bolded...Do his will and still rejoice in oppression! shocked

And you will say you're not brainwashed...tufiakwa!
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by GooseBaba: 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
aadoiza:

grin grin grin I like that. I was actually expecting ingenuity in your definition, for I thought atheists were independent thinkers, but the definition actually smacks of mundaneness. I reckon it was laid down by consensus among atheists.

The definition would be right, if only it stops taking reality as a constant. There are realities you would find inconceivable.

Kindly name these realities that one would find inconceivable...

P.s...no need for word salad. Just straight up information needed. Thanks in advance.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by GooseBaba: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
elated177:

The other physicist still would have used the same method to transmit his knowledge to the next generation --- ink and paper.

Or are you saying that everything you know about physics, you heard it directly from the mouth of the physicists themselves?

The Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them, uses his creatures - the human beings - as vessels to disseminate his message.

Take for example, he can send help through one of his servants to another of his servant who is in need of that particular help. He does not have to do so literarily ... that is throw the help down from heaven.

Salvation is from the Jews. That is the Father's wish. No one can question him in that regard. From the Jews the message spread to all parts of the world.

Why do you think our ancestors worshipped all sorts of things, including mountain ---though some people still do? It is because it is not in man to lead himself spiritually. The soul of man yearns for its maker. Even the evil spirits know this. This yearning can be satisfied correctly and wrongly. When the spirit which Creator has placed in man satisfies that yearning by instructing the soul, the soul loves, accepts and obeys the word of its Maker. Remember, the spirit in man is quickened by the Spirit of the Creator. The Spirit of the Father in heaven depends on the Word of the Father for action.

So, our ancestors worshiped created things such as wood, stone, sun, moon, etc, because they were "disconnected" from the their Maker spiritually ---they were spiritually dead. However, they knew there was someone or something outside themselves --- a higher power or being - that required worship or glory for the life they had and the crops they planted and harvested. But they didn't know what to offer or how to reach that being. Satan and the demons were too pleased to oblige them and misled them into idolatry and satanism. Their souls were controlled by evil spirits. Let me leave it at this point for now. Check Act 17:22-31.

Read:

Deut 5:22.

Luke 16:27-31.

The Father in heaven - the Creator of the ends of the earth - wrote the Ten Commandments on two stone tablets with his own finger and gave them to Moses.

Do you obey the Ten Commandments? Do you even believe they are his commandments. You don't even believe he exists.

It wouldn't have made any difference to you, if he had written everything with his own fingers and thrown them down in front of you.

You see, it is like a message he gave me recently about the control of a person's soul. I will post it after this reply.

You write with so much arrogance laced in brainwashed doctrines. Step back for a minute and ask yourself why it is okay for you to impose the narrative of Jews as the absolute path?

Africans tell their stories or mode of worship without imposing their narratives on other Africans or non Africans? Why is it okay that an imposed doctrine or concepts is used to insult, condemn or rewrite the history and belittle the legacies of your ancestors.?

You toll the path of self loathing as a path to righteousness. But in this moments you see yourself as speaking the word of your creator. Does that tally with the concept of your ancestors that you eagerly call evil?

2 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2019
GooseBaba:

Kindly name these realities that one would find inconceivable...

P.s...no need for word salad. Just straight up information needed. Thanks in advance.
You know some things are better experienced.

There's this popular guy that ate an entire aeroplane. In fact, the guy eats anything and everything. When you tell people of this guy they argue that it's not possible to eat metals, glass, etc., and I see good reasons in their contention because such eating orientation or habit is inconceivable to them. Completely out of their realities.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by GooseBaba: 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
aadoiza:

There's this popular guy that ate an entire aeroplane. In fact, the guy eats anything and everything. When you tell people of this guy they argue that it's not possible to eat metals, glass, etc., and I see good reasons in their contention because such eating orientation or habit is inconceivable to them. Completely out of their realities.

I did see a footage of some guy eating broken bottles, metals and other abnormal things that are not good for human consumption. If memory serves me right. He had a medical operation to empty his stomach.

There're pregnant women that crave eating chalk and other harmful things during their pregnancy.

But evidence of people indulging in such acts are presented. This aspect is totally different from someone saying they are having an on going relationship and conversation with a human who lived 2000 yrs ago.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
aadoiza:

There's this popular guy that ate an entire aeroplane.

Okay, slow down with that statement - grin

What type of aeroplane - small, medium or large - private or commercial ?

Please......
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
YES! I agree with you 100% that "freedom from FALSE RELIGION is the best thing evef" wink wink wink
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
frosbel2:

Okay, slow down with that statement - grin

What type of aeroplane - small, medium or large - private or commercial ?

Please......
The type does not matter. All that matters is he ate one over a period of weeks or months. Weeks, I guess. The eating orientation is what I'm pointing out here
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
aadoiza:

This is not exactly inconceivable, people eat strange things all the time. I imagine our forefathers must have eaten alot of inedible things so they identify what is edible or nay.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Atewo400(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
frosbel2:
Freedom is indeed a sweet thing. I mean freedom from Religion in this instance

1. There is no Pastor to answer to
2. No holy brethren observing your every move and judging you
3. No tithes or offerings to pay
4. No Sunday church, no weekly fellowship, no night vigil, no workers meeting - more time to do great things
5. No evangelism to force your religion on others
6. No fear of hell fire - so you can now live without constant worry that you or your loved ones may be soon plunged into the dark abyss
7. No more been swayed about by every wind of doctrine
8. No pretending in church
9. You can now bare your mind to people and put them in order - people no longer take advantage of you because of your love for 'heaven'
10. You can now examine the bible independently and make up your own mind on what is truth without recourse to another 'know it all' bullying pastor
11. You are now looking for a wife material with no attachment to Pentecostalism or silly myths and fables
12. No Pastor to interfere in your marriage
13. Your kids will grow up with a clean bill of health, no fear of hell, no constant guilt and worry
14. When you become sick you seek for medical help and live longer
15. No more God said this or that including impending threats from Jesus Christ in concocted dreams
16. No more sin - repent - forgiveness viscous cycle
17. You now take responsibility for your actions
18. No more - the devil made me do it
19. No more paranoid feeling that Jesus is watching 'the back of your head' , lol cheesy
I dey tel u the kind joy wey I get now eh so many religiously brainwashed bigot no get am
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by elated177: 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
GooseBaba:

You write with so much arrogance laced in brainwashed doctrines. Step back for a minute and ask yourself why it is okay for you to impose the narrative of Jews as the absolute path?

Africans tell their stories or mode of worship without imposing their narratives on other Africans or non Africans? Why is it okay that an imposed doctrine or concepts is used to insult, condemn or rewrite the history and belittle the legacies of your ancestors.?

You toll the path of self loathing as a path to righteousness. But in this moments you see yourself as speaking the word of your creator. Does that tally with the concept of your ancestors that you eagerly call evil?

You don't know what you talking about? Are you an atheist or traditionalist?

If by arrogance, you mean confidence, then I say good observation. I have no apology for talking about my Maker with full confidence. It is confidence that comes from knowledge. Jer 9:23-24.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Alylola: 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
frosbel2:

4. No Sunday church, no weekly fellowship, no night vigil, no workers meeting - more time to do great things
6. No fear of hell fire - so you can now live without constant worry that you or your loved ones may be soon plunged into the dark abyss
9. You can now bare your mind to people and put them in order - people no longer take advantage of you because of your love for 'heaven'
10. You can now examine the bible independently and make up your own mind on what is truth without recourse to another 'know it all' bullying pastor
11. You are now looking for a wife material with no attachment to Pentecostalism or silly myths and fables
13. Your kids will grow up with a clean bill of health, no fear of hell, no constant guilt and worry
15. No more God said this or that including impending threats from Jesus Christ in concocted dreams
19. No more paranoid feeling that Jesus is watching 'the back of your head' , lol cheesy

lots of people lived like that (no religion, no pastor,.....) but we all saw through their testimonies how many of them who came across "religion" (I mean Jesus) regretted and wished that they knew God and that they lived a godly life; It is when you lose or lack something(or someone) that you get to know its value; it is just a matter of faith, cos if you believe in him, then you get to know him and he reveals himself to you; but if you did not believe, you can't know much and it will only sound nonsense to you, that is why it is very important to build a relationship with Jesus and God rather than with the man of God, cos lots of people end up getting disappointed when they put their trust in men;
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by GooseBaba: 5:03am On Jan 27, 2019
elated177:

You don't know what you talking about? Are you an atheist or traditionalist?

If by arrogance, you mean confidence, then I say good observation. I have no apology for talking about my Maker with full confidence. It is confidence that comes from knowledge. Jer 9:23-24.

So one has to be labeled something in order to dignify and respect their ancestors. I am an African. Just like the Jews do not condemn their ancestors whose barbaric ways are well documented in your holy books. Even the descendants of colonialist do not condemn their ancestors.

But a glorified slave thinks he has devine knowledge to condemn his ancestors.��

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 8:11am On Jan 27, 2019
GooseBaba:

So one has to be labeled something in order to dignify and respect their ancestors. I am an African. Just like the Jews do not condemn their ancestors whose barbaric ways are well documented in your holy books. Even the descendants of colonialist do not condemn their ancestors.

But a glorified slave thinks he has devine knowledge to condemn his ancestors.��

Pity the slave mentality, the conquerors are the ones who write the stories.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 12:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

This is not exactly inconceivable, people eat strange things all the time. I imagine our forefathers must have eaten alot of inedible things so they identify what is edible or nay.
Oya come and eat glass
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
aadoiza:

Oya come and eat glass

So you completely ignored the point being made just so you can be facetious?
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

So you completely ignored the point being made just so you can be facetious?
You were the first to ignore the reason for citing the guy with inconceivable delicacies.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
aadoiza:

You were the first to ignore the reason for citing the guy with inconceivable delicacies.

I addressed that directly by pointing to how our forefathers may have had to try to eat a variety of things to figure out which is edible or not and you come back with go and eat glass, that to you is a reasonable response?
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

I addressed that directly by pointing to how our forefathers may have had to try to eat a variety of things to figure out which is edible or not and you come back with go and eat glass, that to you is a reasonable response?
No one's talking about your forefathers. You atheists should learn comprehension. Very important for your derisory course.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
aadoiza:

No one's talking about your forefathers. You atheists should learn comprehension. Very important for your derisory course.

Take you own advice since your current level of comprehension is incapable of allowing you carry out a decent conversation.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by orisa37: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
No
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
felixomor:

Even
Some of them intentionally open multiple fake accounts to Make them seem numerous.

Dont mind them
laffing in Chinese. I catch truth here.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 3:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

Take you own advice since your current level of comprehension is incapable of allowing you carry out a decent conversation.
Oh, sorry. So you were looking for a decent conversation but the only one way you could set the ball rolling was to mischievously and unashamedly ignored the premise upon which my post was based. Nice try.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
aadoiza:

Oh, sorry. So you were looking for a decent conversation but the only one way you could set the ball rolling was to mischievously and unashamedly ignored the premise upon which my post was based. Nice try.

Just admit you failed basic comprehension in primary school lets help you.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
LordReed:

Just admit you failed basic comprehension in primary school lets help you.
You're very funny, Reed. You're gonna provide proofs for that claim.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
aadoiza:

You're very funny, Reed. You're gonna provide proofs for that claim.

You: Its inconceivable a man eats inedible things.

Me: Its not so inconceivable, our forbears might have had to.

You: Go and eat glass.

Look at this summary and tell me how your last response fits into the conversation.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by elated177: 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
GooseBaba:

You don't know what your problem is?

Believe it or not, Salvation is from the Jews.

Who condemned his ancestors? Why did I condemn my ancestors?

If calling a spade a spade is condemnation, then so be it.

Just read Jer 16:19-21.

When your ancestors killed twins, because they thought they were evil, did they act in ignorance or not? Why did they stop doing it? Who or what made them change their view?

Young man, you are a man I suppose, feel free to write about the religion of your ancestors. You can even worship them if you like I am not stopping you.

I am not forcing you to accept the path I am traversing. It is not like I have a knife to your throat or a gun to your head.

You need to quit the whining. Your latent attempt at emotional blackmail will not work.

I must talk about my Maker, my Father in heaven YHVH El Shaddai, with all confidence. It is divine confidence that comes from divine knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Job 28:28. Jer 9:23-24. No apologies!

May be you are a slave. I am, most definitely, not a slave.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by TruthinAction: 5:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
frosbel2:

What is the profit if you gain all these things and lose your soul in burning hell for the rest of your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Miracleln February Happens Once In Every 823yrs / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce / Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.