Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

"My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments (5951 Views)

My Wife Denies Me Sex. Man Laments / My Girlfriend Refused To Visit Me While I Was In Prison After All I Did For Her! / My Wife Earns More Than Me But Doesnt Spend At Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Adeinfo: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2019
truthsayer009:

Most people that do this are with high connects na. I can also consult for a company to re-brand their tech totally or their image & hire people to do it & pay them. But the main key is how do you meet these people.

I know of someone who does this too, the difference between both of us is connection. As a matter of fact, the Guy has surface knowledge about tech but not deep. He organises meeting with different company owners & collect Millions & give me the job and pays me a particular fee which is low.

But How will a poor man who earns 40k just meet these people/clients. HOW?
You have said it, just the right connection. Also packaging is important.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Adeinfo: 6:18am On Jan 03, 2019
HeavenlyCherub:

You always have great advice. Thank you for once helping me...moving forward I will tell a man I earn half what I earn. To some men its disrespect if you earn more. They start to say " you dont respect me." "If I had a better job you would not talk to me this way." Men by nature can never accept a woman earning more. It's her money in this case she can do as she pleases, all you can do is advise.

Can you imagine all the man on this platform saying " he should be able to control her money." All because of marriage? Marriage is a partnership not service to a man
It's just an African mentality where many men believed their woman must be lower in all ramifications. Also, it takes a highly matured lady to handle a man she is more than.
As regarding help, you are welcomed. Nobody knows it all, we all do our best to advice people to a logical and unbiased conclusion.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by HeavenlyCherub(f): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
Adeinfo:

It's just an African mentality where many men believed their woman must be lower in all ramifications. Also, it takes a highly matured lady to handle a man she is more than.
As regarding help, you are welcomed. Nobody knows it all, we all do our best to advice people to a logical and unbiased conclusion.

My dear no African man wants a woman above them. Trust me I know. On my previous post I told you I did everything for my bf when he needed me. Rent, transport and food as he was not at his best. I turned down his offers for large Bill's as I knew he did not have. I still cooked and did my womanly chores, encouraged him and told him I believed in him and his situation wasn't permanent. It was never enough as he always felt I was ahead. He would always say I don't respect him because I earn more. I have learnt not to tell a man..better for me not to disclose.. Honestly..more money for me.. it is so sad..very few African men are raised well instead they are babies. (If that is a word)
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Mira200(f): 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
And another marriage is about to crash...
Lalasticlala Myndy44
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Mira200(f): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
And another marriage is about to crash...
Lalasticlala Myndy44
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Adeinfo: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
HeavenlyCherub:

My dear no African man wants a woman above them. Trust me I know. On my previous post I told you I did everything for my bf when he needed me. Rent, transport and food as he was not at his best. I turned down his offers for large Bill's as I knew he did not have. I still cooked and did my womanly chores, encouraged him and told him I believed in him and his situation wasn't permanent. It was never enough as he always felt I was ahead. He would always say I don't respect him because I earn more. I have learnt not to tell a man..better for me not to disclose.. Honestly..more money for me.. it is so sad..very few African men are raised well instead they are babies. (If that is a word)
What you said is correct, most African men are still primitive in their thinking. Well it's the faulty society we were brought up with, our society needs a lot of social engineering. I remembered then in my university days when a fellow guy said he can't allow his wife become a Governor. I was baffled with that statement as a man myself. I had to tell him to work on his insecurities.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Xisnin(m): 8:55am On Jan 04, 2019
DMerciful:
How can you marry a woman who does not respect or recognise you as the head of the family? You better start asserting yourself or it's gonna get worse! For goodness sake she is your wife and not your gf!
She is not his slave.
Why will he assert himself over her salary and her future?
SMH.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by DMerciful(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2019
If she is not ready for marriage then no need to get married. In marriage,there is no her or his own, it's our own meaning every money the family earns belongs to the family and the decision to spend family money is taken by the man and wife. Supposed they have children, will she take all the money to her parents and leave the man struggling with 40k for wife and children? Marriage is not for kids!
Xisnin:

She is not his slave.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by oghenemoney(m): 1:11am On Jan 05, 2019
Evercurious:

Send me an email and i ll educate you

Ds is my mail: orevajohnson@gmail.com, i wil like to be educated on consultancy,thanks
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by basty: 2:19am On Jan 05, 2019
IamD18:
The problem started when you borrowed to wed. It's very dangerous as a man to go into marriage when he's not that financially bouyant.

Bruv, I will advise you to overlook her salary because unlike men, women are naturally selfish enough not to care for the financial needs of their family, but themselves and their parents.

Just overlook it. You are the man of the family, you should be bothered on how to meet the needs of the family, not depending on a selfish wife who care less about the home but her parents.

Work very very hard to build yourself, if not for any reason, just work hard for your coming kids. Don't depend on her earnings to avoid insults and let downs.

Remember, you don't eat from a woman for free. It's either you pay back or you get insult, disrespect and steady nagging from her.

Goodluck Bruv.

You are one of the Best on Nairaland. You have said it all. God bless you and the Op. Fantastic advice, keep it up, women are naturally selfish and do not think of the future. The future I mean is they do not think of the consequences of their actions.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by basty: 2:22am On Jan 05, 2019
Xisnin:

She is not his slave.
SMH.

If you are a woman, you will be a bad wife material and if otherwise, you will realise something in the future.
You never know with woman.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by perousd: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2019
The head of the wife is the Husband. The head of the husband is Christ. The Wife is a Helper to the man. This is the Institution God made but... Just like other things, humans have become wiser. God has become foolish and they ask why many divorce today?
In marriage, two becomes one under the above principle coupled with love , understanding and respect.
Individuality is suppressed to its barest minimum. There's a higher purpose to marriage than self.
Marry one who is in love with God for only such can keep a good home according to the principles of God.
I understand the OP borrowed knowing the risk effect on his salary. Its fine. Your wife already has a bad mindset common to many women these days. Me Me Me.
You have work to do if you want that marriage to work or it won't.
Call her in love, talk to her like your Princess. Reason with her like your best friend. Arrogance and pride or even ignoring her salary will only create more problems.
Good morning.
Re: "My Wife Earns N405k While I Earn Only 40k Monthly" Nigerian Man Laments by Ukoabasi: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2019
What are you saying? The wife can do as he pleases and the husband can do as he pleases in marriage?
If this is so, then there was no need to have gotten married in the first place.
If the woman sees her career as her God over Her husband, the divorce this woman let her have her money to herself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Ungrateful / Please Can Someone Tell Me The Name Of This Man. (pic) / How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.