Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement (2649 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida , a.k.a. IBB - The Evil Architect Of Nigeria's Downfall / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb / IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Okijajuju1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
If Ojukwu actually said this, then I think he has outlived his usefulness. He should either go into his house and lie down or simply sht-up and wait for death.

Nigeria is at a transition point. We are trying to progress and not retrogress. We as Ndi Igbos had better stop letting these old men make our choices for us.

Odimegwu Ojukwu is not the voice of Ndi Igbos, we will make our choice based on the most worthy candidate.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by CareTaker1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2010
Yoruba:

You nuisance should shut  up . . . inconsequential loudmouth.

Listen to yourself again:You are a stakeholder of Igbo interest, but Ojukwu is not. . .
please can you reveal your real identity so that we would be in a better position to judge you and Ojukwu!!!!!

Thanks for the insult. You can predict your Ojukwu, i am unpredictable to you at least at the moment. I am standing for my right, if your family's voting right is with Ojukwu, mine is not, i am and should be in charge of my affairs, its my responsibility to be responsible for myself and mine; that's all that qualifies one as a stakeholder, i prize that very high unlike inconsiderate vote peddlers like you sir.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by oludashmi(f): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2010
Okija_juju:

If Ojukwu actually said this, then I think he has outlived his usefulness. He should either go into his house and lie down or simply sht-up and wait for death.

Nigeria is at a transition point. We are trying to progress and not retrogress. We as Ndi Igbos had better stop letting these old men make our choices for us.

Odimegwu Ojukwu is not the voice of Ndi Igbos, we will make our choice based on the most worthy candidate.

Gbam! You sound more reasonable than others.

yiboboy:

@ topic: hahahaha. . .  ojukwu's actually the one back-stabing his kins men. tongue tongue tongue

[size=50pt]FAILED TRIBE[/size]

tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin If your people read this, they will finish you.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by bkbabe97y(m): 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
chyz:

Sorry IBB screwed the Yorubas not Igbos. he hated yall niggas [/b]with a passion.lol. Hey like i said "Money dey talk, Hoes dey walk"  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[b]YALL NIGGAS
?!?!?!LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didnt know your President had beef with Americans from NY. . . . lol. hahahahahahaha!
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by marcus1234: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by THEAMAKA(f): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2010
no one can control anyone's vote, so why the noise?
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
I don't know how true this story is but if it's true, then it means Mr Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu has long outlived his usefulness as it relates to Igbo affairs.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by jumobi1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2010
iRespect Ojukwu but this is daftness. He really doesn't speak for us at all, He really think too highly of himself. He should at least tell us why Babangida is the man and let us them decide on our own. This guy doesn't sound democratic at all.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by naso2(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
igbo dis , igbo dat, ABEG make we hear word, anyone una like make una support no problem.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
How can someone make such a statement as if he's the head of a small village.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2010
na_so:

igbo dis , igbo dat, ABEG make we hear word, anyone una like make una support no problem.

and you point is?
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
mikeansy:

If you spend more time learning the past tense of think you will know that somethings are beyond money.

IBB is very popular in the SouthEast and a lot of that has to do with his free market policies which a lot of Igbos find very helpful in their private lives.

You may have reservations about this but that is simply the fact.

What? Igbos were unable to do business before IBB?
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Ibime(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
THE AMAKA:

no one can control anyone's vote, so why the noise?

Actually, after Donald Duke's expose on vote-rigging, I believe AGPA and by extension Ojukwu have the power to deliver all Igbo states. The state ALWAYS votes for the Governor's preferred candidate.

BTW, who be dat for your profile pic. . . . hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . cool
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by THEAMAKA(f): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ibime:

Actually, after Donald Duke's expose on vote-rigging, I believe AGPA and by extension Ojukwu have the power to deliver all Igbo states. The state ALWAYS votes for the Governor's preferred candidate.

BTW, who be dat for your profile pic. . . . hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . cool
oh okay.
she is Munachi Abii
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Ofemmanu: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
Care-Taker:

Thanks for the insult. You can predict your Ojukwu, i am unpredictable to you at least at the moment. I am standing for my right, if your family's voting right is with Ojukwu, mine is not, i am and should be in charge of my affairs, its my responsibility to be responsible for myself and mine; that's all that qualifies one as a stakeholder, i prize that very high unlike inconsiderate vote peddlers like you sir.

Dude, the truth is that your unpredicability means that you will always remain inconsequential in the grand scheme of politics .

In your reply to EZEUCHE, you said Goodluck Jonathan is the annointed one, whereas you are here castigating Ojukwu . . .

What makes Goodluck Jonathan the anointed one and how is he better than IBB?
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Ofemmanu: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
yiboboy:

@ topic: hahahaha. . . ojukwu's actually the one[b] back-stabing his kins men[/b]. tongue tongue tongue

tongue tongue tongue

In the unrealistic weird dream of you Yoruba slowpoke, you hoped that Ndigbo would inherit the ignominious BACKSTABBING trait which Yorubas are know for as from time immemorial.

Let me tell you, as an elder statesman, Ojukwu was expected to show kindness to the group of elders that paid him a courtesy visit.Anything other than that would be a breach of protocol.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
Everybody will have someone to back in this election

The fact is everyone will have a reason to back any candidate and just like folks can accuse IBB supporters as bribe takers those who do not support Jonathan can also choose to accuse Jonathan Goodluck supporters as money hungry and bribe takers who choose to ignore merit and support every Government in power.

I do not support IBB or Jonathan and can not hold brief for either but let us all agree that there is no righteous candidate in this election in which if you support a particular candidate you are supporting a righteous cause and then everyone else who hold a contrary view are sinners. That is simply not DEMOCRACY and was never the intent of the founders of democracy.

For me at our 50th year we should be making a clean break from the past and should not be talking about 70 year old men who ruled the country 30years ago as Military dictators. For this reason I rule out IBB, Buhari, Atiku and folks like him. For Jonathan I do not believe he is up to the job, I also believe that he will be a lameduck President who will lack the political skill to accomplish anything as he is desciple of the status quo. He does not represent the true Leadership or Change Candidate we should seek.

However I also understand that while I seek change there are also those who have every right to assess for themselves whether the other candidates serves their aspirations more. So just like anyone can accuse Ojukwu of collecting money to support who he supports we can in the same vein conclude that the accusers support their own candidate because they have also collected money.

Its democracy and no one has the right to pontificate for others.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Ofemmanu: 11:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
mikeansy:

Everybody will have someone to back in this election

The fact is everyone will have a reason to back any candidate and just like folks can accuse IBB supporters as bribe takers those who do not support Jonathan can also choose to accuse Jonathan Goodluck supporters as money hungry and bribe takers who choose to ignore merit and support every Government in power.

I do not support IBB or Jonathan and can not hold brief for either but let us all agree that there is no righteous candidate in this election in which if you support a particular candidate you are supporting a righteous cause and then everyone else who hold a contrary view are sinners. That is simply not DEMOCRACY and was never the intent of the founders of democracy.

For me at our 50th year we should be making a clean break from the past and should not be talking about 70 year old men who ruled the country 30years ago as Military dictators. For this reason I rule out IBB, Buhari, Atiku and folks like him. For Jonathan I do not believe he is up to the job, I also believe that he will be a lameduck President who will lack the political skill to accomplish anything as he is desciple of the status quo. He does not represent the true Leadership or Change Candidate we should seek.
However I also understand that while I seek change there are also those who have every right to assess for themselves whether the other candidates serves their aspirations more. So just like anyone can accuse Ojukwu of collecting money to support who he supports we can in the same vein conclude that the accusers support their own candidate because they have also collected money.
Its democracy and no one has the right to pontificate for others.

Perfect analysis!! . . . . O bu nna gi muru gi.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 11, 2010
Ibime:

What? Igbos were unable to do business before IBB?

I am not a fan of IBB  but this is the way majority of folks percieve IBB in the East.

For example as we speak there is a blanket ban on Textile importation. Yes Government could have all sorts of noble excuses for this policy but Local Textile Manufacturing has not taking root as we speak eventhough this policy has been around for about 10years now while voice of the ordinary trader who constitute majority of our population in commerce and industry was neither consulted nor considered in this policy.
Those who buy clothes from Dubai, China, Korea to sell and make profits should be treated with some respect especially in a country where Government is not doing much to encourage local manufacturing apart from dishing out draconian importation policies.

This story is also true for importation of Rice where The Vaswani brothers and their Stallion group are favoured through tarrif policies and business is skewed in their favour. These policies simply create Multi-Billionaire Monopolists who yes give mighty kickbacks to Government officials and PDP. But it puts the mass of our people out of Business and by extension employment.

For so many Igbos the IBB years recorded an era when business boomed for them. Ban on importation of so many commodities were lifted, there was a fairer import duty and all who were ready to work hard found the conditions more favourable for business to thrive. YOU CAN HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS YOU LIKE BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT NECESSARY TO BAN CERTAIN COMMODITIES DO NOT HAVE A CREDIBLE ALTERNATIVE POLICY TO ENCOURAGE LOCAL MANUFACRURING. If this is the case wy are we putting people out of their livelihoods?

Yes while you may want to argue some negative macro-economic impact this could have in terms of inflation, exchange rate and what have you. The man running his shop is more interested in his shop and how he feeds his family more that Nigeria's macro-economics and for him IBB is the man. In a country where there is no welfare net you can appreciate why people want to think of how they feed their family first before any macro-economic consideration.

Go to the streets of Aba and Onitsha and sample people's opinion and their view about all our ex-Generals you will come to this conclusion.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by CareTaker1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2010
Yoruba:

Dude, the truth is that your unpredicability means that you will always remain inconsequential in the grand scheme of politics .

In your reply to EZEUCHE, you said Goodluck Jonathan is the annointed one, whereas you are here castigating Ojukwu . . .

What makes Goodluck Jonathan the anointed one and how is he better than IBB?

You will get to know it late, but pdp chieftains have anointed Goodluck Jonathan based on a possible compromise
that i may not ascertain at the moment. He is the pdp candidate, and pdp is winning the 2011 presidential election.
And i agree that he should be allowed to finish their tenure (The Yaradua/Jonathan 2nd term ticket/tenure). Do not hate because the truth is told you sir.

I will never castigate Ojukwu, i simply said he does not have our votes, that his statement about the Igbos' votes is political, and i still maintain that sir.
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by seanet02: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ezeuche, wait till ojukwu sells you for just $1000
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by Nchara: 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2010
2011 Ndigbo behind Jonathan – INCA
By MERCY JACOB
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dibe
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
A political pressure group, Igbo National Consultative Assembly (INCA), has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to strongly prepare to contest for the office of the president in 2011 elections. Its national coordinator, Dr Godwin Dibe, said it is solidly behind Jonathan, stressing that the president has all it takes to take the country to the promised land.

INCA pleaded with the Igbo race to forget what happened during the war and support the “Jonathan for President” agenda, stating that the president would certainly carry the race along. It also called on the North to be considerate and give other geo-political zones in the country the opportunity to pilot the affairs of the nation:

“We reached the agreement to queue behind Jonathan in our recent summit, and our reason for the consensus is not far-fetched. From what we have observed, Jonathan is an intelligent man. He is the first person to rule Nigeria with a doctorate degree. He is an embodiment of experience. He is naturally disposed for the position of president. Jonathan has an impeccable quality in crisis management and the way he handled the last Jos crisis was an eloquent testimony to the stuff he is made of.
“To crown it all, the president has a humble beginning, he came from a poor background and is not ambitious. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have conducted himself the way he did under Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the former governor of Bayelsa State and former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua respectively when he served as their deputies. He does not have inordinate ambition. In fact, we see Jonathan as a God-sent person to rule Nigeria this time around.

“Besides, we have been clamouring for power shift from the North to the South East or to the South South, and since Jonathan is from the South South, and it looks like power has shifted from the North to the South South. The Igbo race should give Jonathan full support now so that when the power shift comes to our turn, South South will support us. If we fail to support South South now and power goes back to the North, it would be difficult to get back to us again.
“For us, supporting the Jonathan for President agenda will not make the Igbo race to lose her turn to rule Nigeria when our time comes. It would be better for us to be patient now and enjoy better opportunities tomorrow. The North has been holding power both during the military and civilian regimes in the country, if we fail to support Jonathan now, power will invariably go back to the North and we will remain spectators forever.

“It is the South South that holds the nation’s economy. Oil, which is the main stay of our economy comes from the South South. So, it wouldn’t be any sin if somebody from that zone rules Nigeria. For us, it will go a long way in giving them a sense of belonging, even though they are in the minority.
“Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, was given power to compensate the South West for the annulment of June 12, 1993 election after the death of the supposedly winner of that election, Chief M.K.O. Abiola. So, for the sake of the natural resources - petroleum, which the country has been living on, we feel it is high time the nation compensated South South by allowing Jonathan to continue in office after the 2011 elections.

“It is painful that the Igbo race is being treated like second-class citizens in Nigeria, but we need to begin now to reverse the wrongs. INCA respects and supports the corporate existence of Nigeria as an invisible entity and any one calling for the country’s disintegration is an enemy.
“The current debate on zoning of electoral positions in the country is normal in a democratic set up like ours, but INCA is asking all those who are against ‘Jonathan for Presidency’ in 2011 to have a rethink because we are now in the 21st century.

“The Igbo race must be united and try to speak with one voice this time to ensure total victory for Jonathan. After 2011, we believe that Mr President will call for a national conference to address some issues of national importance and we believe that it will be to the benefit of the Igbo race. We have been having consultations with South South leaders through the Ohaneze Ndigbo on how to move the nation forward beyond 2011.”
Re: Ojukwus Pledge Of Igbos Support For Ibb- The Evil Genius A Cash Agreement by yeswecan(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
Whats the big deal? Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu has a right to support any presidential candidate just as IBB has a constitutional right to run for presidency. . . Ikemba of Nnewi does not represent the voice of the igbos for God's sake. The performance of his party in the region will support my claim.

It is not right to bully candidates out of presidential race . . the race should be open to any qualified person . . . If i understand correctly Atiku, IBB, Buhari, pastor Okotie and the rest of them are qualified, so let them run so we choose . ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

S’east, S’south Leaders Warn Against Military Coup! / Presentation Of The Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) / Woman Throws Newborn In A Latrine And Lies That She Miscarried In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.