Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (24727 Views)

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know / No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by HeWrites(m): 4:38am On Jan 06, 2019
The National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 unique numbers randomly chosen and assigned to every citizen and legal resident from age 0 at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB), IgbereTv News report.

The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also your personal identifier; you will need to use it for many other transactions -- basically anything that involves a credit check or background check.

IgbereTv list presents to you the benefit of the NIN to an individual:

It helps provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the country

It helps keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the country

It helps confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services, e.g. age and retirement confirmation for pensioners.

When it comes to access to vital services (passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:

cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you require

reducing errors in allocation of services to the right people

prevention of fraud (419) where someone else impersonates you

verification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house help

ensuring you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitals

Verification of voter eligibility during elections.

Even outside the country, your NIN remains valuable whether you are travelling or are part of the Nigerian diaspora:

You can easily identify yourself with other proud Nigerians abroad

The Nigeria Government would have more accurate statistical data of its citizens living abroad, useful for harnessing more skills and talent.

Identity verification using the NIN would enable easier discovery of relatives and friends worldwide
Senders and receivers of money and goods/services can be identified, verified and traced as needed, enabling secure international transactions.

http://igberetvnews.com/514066/benefit-of-national-identification-number-nin/

7 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by amalab30(m): 4:41am On Jan 06, 2019
Let all Politicians have theirs first. Plus I hope it's ready for collection too. I've applied for mine since 2014, I stopped going there to check since 2016.

Nigeria needs to be organized.

23 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by jolyment: 4:43am On Jan 06, 2019
OK
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Nigerianurse: 4:44am On Jan 06, 2019
Thanks
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by proddey(m): 4:46am On Jan 06, 2019
DjTboy:
Photo of man stabbed to death in front of son on train from Gilford to London

Photos of the passenger who was stabbed to death on a train going from Gilford to London Waterloo station on Friday, January 4, 2019,
The deceased is 51-year-old Lee Pomeroy. He was stabbed to death on a train in Surrey in front of his 14-year-old son. The attack on Lee came just one day to his 52nd birthday.
Paying tribute to the deceased, Lee's family said on January 5th:
READ MORE https://www.naijahot.com.ng/2019/01/photo-of-man-stabbed-to-death-in-front.html

Why posting unrelated spam to this post??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Bizmagnet: 4:51am On Jan 06, 2019
Measures should be put in place to fastrack the process. I did mine since 2015 and only God knows when it will be ready.
Check my siggy if you need a website/blog/software

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by kokakola: 4:54am On Jan 06, 2019
Government should do something about this like what is obtainable in other countries...
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Bluntguy: 4:58am On Jan 06, 2019
THE END TIME IS GRADUALLY CREEPING UP ON US. IT WAS OBAMACARE IN USA, NOW IT'S NIN IN NIGERIA. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM THINKING.

8 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by ironheart(m): 5:19am On Jan 06, 2019
We are yet to get the card
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Very good initiative from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by peteruuu(m): 5:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:
THE END TIME IS GRADUALLY CREEPING UP ON US. IT WAS OBAMACARE IN USA, NOW IT'S NIN IN NIGERIA. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM THINKING.

It is not bro....and yah, I know what you're thinking about.

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by sonofthunder: 5:25am On Jan 06, 2019
When are we getting our cards?
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by vastolord4(m): 5:29am On Jan 06, 2019
I wish this could get cyber secured because if this is eventually linked to account numbers, even senators will cry blood
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by PastorandMentor(m): 5:36am On Jan 06, 2019
Rubbish. I did mine 5 years ago since then no card just mumu unacceptable paper.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Redoil: 5:39am On Jan 06, 2019
What percentage of the people who registerd have gotten their pvc?
If you have collected ur pvc click like
If not click share

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Redoil: 5:40am On Jan 06, 2019
post=74491986:
Very good initiative from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
clown suya seller i did mine since 2012 i am yet to collect the pvc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by fasho01(m): 5:41am On Jan 06, 2019
We'll probably appreciate all of this when we eventually get the card
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Bossontop(m): 6:10am On Jan 06, 2019
HeWrites:
It helps provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the country

Op how does it "help provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the country??"
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:
it's what you are thinking. Religion will not kill you, say AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Bluntguy: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2019
franciskaine:
it's what you are thinking. Religion will not kill you, say AMEN!
Religion will kill you. Say a bigger AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Mekanus(m): 6:34am On Jan 06, 2019
HeWrites:
The National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 unique numbers randomly chosen and assigned to every citizen and legal resident from age 0 at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB), IgbereTv News report.

The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also your personal identifier; you will need to use it for many other transactions -- basically anything that involves a credit check or background check.

It helps keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the country

It helps confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services, e.g. age and retirement confirmation for pensioners.

When it comes to access to vital services (passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:

cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you require

verification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house help

ensuring you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitals

Even outside the country, your NIN remains valuable whether you are travelling or are part of the Nigerian diaspora:

The Nigeria Government would have more accurate statistical data of its citizens living abroad, useful for harnessing more skills and talent.

Identity verification using the NIN would enable easier discovery of relatives and friends worldwide
Senders and receivers of money and goods/services can be identified, verified and traced as needed, enabling secure international transactions.

All these is bullshit if they don't update their database regularly.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Philak1(m): 6:34am On Jan 06, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
HeWrites:

Me that applied since 2014, I doubt if they would give me when it's ready for collection because my 2014 face no be the same again

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Ecstasy9(m): 6:36am On Jan 06, 2019
Did it some years ago... Still pending.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by ola2006: 6:42am On Jan 06, 2019
amalab30:
Let all Politicians have theirs first. Plus I hope it ready for collection too. I've applied for mine since 2014, I stopped going there to check since 2016.

Nigeria needs to be organized.

If you have applied since 2014, then you have NIN already what you don't have is card. NIN is different from card. NIN slip does not take time to be generated. Check the slip that was given to you. Your NIN number is on it.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by obojememe: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2019
i have not even seen mine to collect since 2014...am sure it would have even expired by now
this country sef...ordinary i.d card taking forever
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by akpunda86: 6:59am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:

Alll written in the Bible is coming to pass.666 MARK OF THE BEAST WORLD WIDE ROUND

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:07am On Jan 06, 2019
HeWrites:

How does NIN provide accurate records of living/dead? Are they giving dead people NIN too?

What transactions are u talking about? Which work is passport&immigration doing abeg?

Is it because of NIN that govts owe salaries, don't build roads, dont improve quality of education e.t.c.? Pls read section 14(2b) of d constitution. It doesn't say anything about NIN

So if I go 2d bank, d bank will use NIN? What of BVN? Were will they put that one? Those who pay taxes have their TIN. What happens 2 that?

What services have govt actually rendered that it is making errors in allocating those services? Pls highlight d services.

How does it prevent fraud?

Are u telling me that people can't scam u with their real.identity?

So all this while, people have not been properly identified in d hospitals? How does NIN verify "actual blood types of blood donors at hospitals". Is NIN a lab? Does it test blood?

What's d essence of PVC?

Are u saying uptill now Nigerians have been having difficulty identifying themselves with other proud Nigerians abroad?

D statistical data taken by BVN, immigration, road safety, pension, what has govt done with it?

This is wonderful. So NIN now has d ability to help "discovery of friends&relatives worldwide". Is it that we will all have each others NIN just like we no each others names or how does this work?

Once again, what's d essence of BVN? Do u need NIN to send goods/services?

These are clearly not benefits cos d question is benefits 4 who? Going by what u have written, d NIN serves no purpose

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Passionate888: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Since 2016, I never get my own... Nigeria system slow pass jubril
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by akpunda86: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Without NIN no buying no selling.Why not us use it in future Elections.Want elections to be electronic from 2023.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by akpunda86: 7:13am On Jan 06, 2019
Nigeria and Replication.Where is Bvn.now Nin.

Ferma and mininstry of works
Frsc and civil defence
Military and boko haram
Cows and killer herdmen.

Every where is replication.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:26am On Jan 06, 2019
Bizmagnet:
Measures should be put in place to fastrack the process. I did mine since 2015 and only God knows when it will be ready.
Check my siggy if you need a website/blog/software

I'm sure you have your NIN already. That's the most important thing and that's what the topic is about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Militants From Ondo, Not Bayelsa Or Delta, Attacking Lagos– Gani Adams. / Atiku Reacts To EFCC Invasion Of Sun Newspaper / We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.