Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,647 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know (30115 Views)

No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by nlfpmod: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrVyzXLa14

NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN) TOKENIZATION

Why Do I Need Tokenisation & How is it Beneficial to Me? See the images below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nimc_ng/status/1605489411721814016?t=tCcWKtwH3y7q9OpcGnLCEg&s=08

NIN Tokenization

NIN tokenization helps to protect an individual’s data privacy via the use of an encrypted, coded representation (“disguised”) version of the NIN rather than actual NIN itself in day-to-day transactions.

User IDs, QR codes and even verification log details on the MWS Mobile ID app are all types of NIN tokenization in that they all hide the NIN of the user.

The Virtual NIN
NIMC’s MWS Mobile ID app comes with a feature which provides the user with a Virtual NIN.

This Virtual NIN is also a tokenized version of the person’s actual NIN which another party verifying the number cannot retain and use in a way that puts the individual’s data privacy at risk.

It consists of a 16-digit set of alphanumeric characters.
The Virtual NIN itself (not the NIN record it represents) expires 72 hours after being generated.

You can use the Virtual NIN when digitally verifying your identity with a verifying agent or enterprise who needs to confirm your identity before offering you a service (banks, airports, shopping delivery and so on).

How It Works via USSD
To generate a Virtual NIN via USSD, dial *346*3*Your NIN*AgentCode#

An SMS message will be sent back to you containing the Virtual NIN generated for you.

How It Works on the MWS Mobile App

Launch the MWS Mobile ID app installed on your device (Android or iOS). Make sure you have the current version of the app installed or updated on your mobile device.

Enter your PIN on the lock screen to continue.
Select the “GET VIRTUAL NIN” button on the “Home” screen.

Read through the “Enhanced Data Privacy” text.

Then click on the button with the “+” sign on the bottom right corner of the screen to start the process of generating a Virtual NIN for the verifying Enterprise you are dealing with.
Tap on any of the available options to either scan the Enterprise’s QR code or type in the Enterprise’s ID.

A Virtual NIN is generated for you to use specifically with that verifying Enterprise alone.
Present the Virtual NIN to the Enterprise for verification.

Receive a notification once verification is completed by the Enterprise.

Benefits

Data privacy protection – access to an individual’s NIN by others is further restricted.
Generated token is encrypted and totally opaque with no correlation to the NIN.
The NIN holder is the only exclusive issuer.
Generated tokens expire after a set period of time.

Virtual NIN tokens generated are merchant-specific, a token generated for company A cannot be used or verified by company B.

All payment requests for Tokenization credit units by authorised verifying agents or enterprises should be made via their Enterprise portal accounts and not using NIMC’s general REMITA account.

https://nimc.gov.ng/nin-tokenization/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by RZArecta(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Is it those tiny things you expect me to read ? undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Reporting34(f): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ok
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Technomics: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
Infact when I was trying to link my NIN With my network providers they refused to link it for over 3 months until I generated a virtual token

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by RestructureNig4: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Ketahe: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
This is a very good information

4 Likes

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Iyenogie30: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
The policies and ideas are always good

But Na execution be the wahala

3 Likes

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by girlygirlyMain: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP OR USE THE TOKENIZATION!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Sholeer: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
Wow....very interesting
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by KAjAsG: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
Doesn't make any sense .
Will it stop people from being kidnapped ?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by money121(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ok
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by MacDani(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2022

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by DenreleDave(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by xristos(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
ok..i'll think about the nececessity and associated risks later.
i hope it's free..?

1 Like

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by chikason22(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
Okay
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by CheapHomes1: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
Iyenogie30:
The policies and ideas are always good

But Na execution be the wahala

What is good about these policies?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by ACRI: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
NIMC is riddled with corruption

That's why they have great ideas with poor execution.

Years ago, I knew one of their ogas who was running his private firm with the resources of NIMC.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
We now v NIN. But we v a poor system. From our president to the most daft govs, ministers, reps or senators. Everything is poor. People ll first have a lot of problems with this token by first getting denied of things to poor network. I ll do mine in 5 years time.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Elidrisy20: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
Fulanization
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by sofeo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ok.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by ipobarecriminals: 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
sad bunch if useless and confused people
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by BettingScam: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
NIN is not the major problem right now, we need food abeg

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by wiseone28: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nothing to comment
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by atobs4real(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Let me know?
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Otibado: 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Catch a fly, put it in a bottle and cover with the lid. After some time, take off the lid. Fly will still keep moving within the bottle.
Me: it's freedom time guys
Housefly: I am used to been here bro.

Lessons: Some slaves enjoy slavery even when opportunities to be free comes

Vote wisely and if this write-up annoy you, you are already heading for destruction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by ghiloman28(m): 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
G
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by rudyray(m): 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
Followed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Soldier Challenges IPOB To A Fight In The East (Video) / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow / Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.