Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? (16915 Views)

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know / NIMC NIN Verification Service (NVS) Restored / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by SEGLIZ: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2019
Good morning to all the comrades on nairaland.
please, i would like to know if this is the standard procedure.

I was at one of the NIN centre in Abeokuta on Friday 4th of October, to get myself registered, on getting there I inquired from people I met on ground how to go about things.

I was told to go out to a nearby fuel station to get the form. at the station, the fuel attendant (a lady to be precise) told me I am to pay a fee of a hundred Naira before I can get the form.

Questioning the act the young lady only turn to whatever it was she was reading before my arrival without giving a damn I was there standing. after I payed for the form, i returned to the center to fill out the form only to hear people at about 5 minutes past 10, saying they've stop the collection of form till the next day which would be today Monday.

Please is it the standard procedure to buy this form as a citizen or a foreigner intending to naturalize?

N. B. I intentionally held back the name of that centre for now.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by PureGoldh(m): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2019
If that's true... Then Dx country matter Don tire me... Things are hard in the country..yet the government want to use this medium to extort money from us indirectly.

We know that life in abroad is also expensive but Atleast their own government is working unlike ours wey dey sleep on a bicycle sad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by SEGLIZ: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2019
PureGoldh:
If that's true... Then Dx country matter Don tire me... Things are hard in the country..yet the government want to use this medium to extort money from us indirectly.

We know that life in abroad is also expensive but Atleast their own government is working unlike ours wey dey sleep on a bicycle sad

the case tire me.

3 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by juvewalex(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2019
They might be selling the form without the knowledge of the authority but this is Naija where anything can happen without investigations...

15 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by able20(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2019
Maybe only in Abeokuta, in Lagos it's free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by helinues: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2019
Lol.

So you went to obtain NIN form at petrol filling station and you want it for free? Huh

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by TGM2015: 9:55am On Oct 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:
I was at one of the NIN centre in Abeokuta on Friday 4th of October, to get myself registered, on getting there I inquired from people I met on ground how to go about things.
I was told to go out to a nearby fuel station to get the form. at the station, the fuel attendant (a lady to be precise) told me I am to pay a fee of a hundred Naira before I can get the form.
questioning the act the young lady only turn to whatever it was she was reading before my arrival without giving a damn I was there standing. after I payed for the form, i returned to the center to fill out the form only to hear people at about 5 minutes past 10, saying they've stop the collection of form till the next day which would be today Monday.
please is it the standard procedure to buy this form as a citizen or a foreigner intending to naturalize?
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44 pls do the needful.
Most of those that purchase such form are those who have not take the option of online registration. The ladies was charging you for the service he has rendered, that is, the service of helping you to visit the NIMC website, download and print the enrolment form for easy pick up by people like you. Your N100 was not for the form but the service of getting the form on demand without stress.

If you want to get your enrolment form free of charge, then you are to visit their website to pre-enrolled yourself and print out the filled pre-enrolment form with bar code OR download and print the enrolment form yourself, fill it and take it to their registration center for biometrics and photographs. By the time you calculate the cost and the stress, you will realise why the lady sold the form to you for N100.

For more information about Pre-enrolment and free enrolment form, you can visit https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by orisa37: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:
questioning the act the young lady only turn to whatever it was she was reading before my arrival without giving a damn I was there standing. after I payed for the form, i returned to the center to fill out the form only to hear people at about 5 minutes past 10, saying they've stop the collection of form till the next day which would be today Monday.
please is it the standard procedure to buy this form as a citizen or a foreigner intending to naturalize?
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44 pls do the needful.

It's a Fraud.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by VillageHead: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
Every thing is possible in naija.

If you are asked to go to a meat seller for capturing, just obey to save your precious time.

1 Like

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by MobilityExpress: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
I completed the pre-enrollment form online and did a print out, as instructed by the NIMC website. Then I went to one of the NIMC centers in Lagos with my print out having the bar code. They told me point blank that it can't work with their system there. Their system is I have to buy a form, fill and submit. I was wondering which form again, because the instructions on their website never said anything of such. But I bought it out of curiosity, N50. Then they gave me a photocopy form, lo and behold, it was the same form that I already filled online before I could get the bar code print out............. The most corrupt government civil service in the world........... Welcome to Nigeria!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by iamawara(m): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
Lol. Una people like money Sha. They can't try this nonsense in the north. I also payed for that form in Delta State last year. I was shocked when the lady told me it's 50 box. I have to pay and get what I want

4 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Goldenheart(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
This is Nigeria... wink
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by SouthSouth1914: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nigeria should be divided for it to be viable!

1 Like

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Bukayot: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ok
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
shocked
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Xisnin(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
It is illegal that is why they assigned a different person to collect the bribe.

4 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
only in nigeria
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by phayvoursky(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
AT BADAGRY CENTRE (TOWN HALL TO BE PRECISE), THE FORM IS SOLD TOO AT A #100 NAIRA.

DUE TO THE URGENCY IN GETTING MY NIN. I WAS MADE TO PAY #3000 TO GET MY NIN WITHIN 48 HRS.

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by geezynoni: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
juvewalex:
They might be selling the form without the knowledge of the authority but this is Naija where anything can happen without investigations...
That's true... Some one at a local government office sold the form to me for 50 naira

1 Like

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Tweetums(f): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
Since 2014 I did it nothing nothing... Useless people

3 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Sirmuel1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
This is Nigeria. Pay them, make them chop too! 100 naira won't add or remove anything from you.

If you can't pay, go to their website and download by yourself.

3 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Iolo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
It isn’t illegal to this then.

I guess they pry on lack of awareness that people can do these themselves online.

TGM2015:

Most of those that purchase form are those who have not take the option of online registration. The ladies was charging you for her service of helping you to visit the NIMC website, download and print hard copy for easy of pick up. You are paying for a service.

If you do not want to pay to get your NIN, visit their website, pre-enrolled yourself and print out the filled pre-enrollment form OR download and print the Pre-enrolment form yourself, fill it and bring it to their center. By the time you calculate the cost and the stress, you will realise why the lady sold the form to you for N100.

For more information about Pre-enrolment and free enrolment form, you can visit https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/

1 Like

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by OBAGADAFFI: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
NO!
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by NotBeenPaid: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2019

No Bro...

My National ID isn't still ready until now after 7years of applying for it. Abeg na who I offend? And them say na 10years the card dey valid for and now 7years don waka and I never get the card.... I don waka their office tire. SMH...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by OBAGADAFFI: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

Questioning the act the young lady only turn to whatever it was she was reading before my arrival without giving a damn I was there standing. after I payed for the form, i returned to the center to fill out the form only to hear people at about 5 minutes past 10, saying they've stop the collection of form till the next day which would be today Monday.

Please is it the standard procedure to buy this form as a citizen or a foreigner intending to naturalize?

I did my pre-enrolment online before going to their office.

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Emmy3(m): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
One of the ways to be explore entrepreneurship is by being innovative and creative.
The say that to make money, look for a void (I.e what people needs that's far from their reach) and fill it.
She has only done that.
She went online, printed the form and mass copied them so as to redistribute to the rightful people that needs it at a cost of N100 while going about her salaried job as a pump attendant at the Petrol Station.
She'll also submit the form on your behalf to the nearest NIMC office or probably the one close to her residence.

Young lady, may you sour higher in your pursuit for financial freedom.

Should in case you don't want to pay the N100, then go to the authentic NIMC office. Simple...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by OakConsultNG: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
Interesting..

Register your company with us at AFFORDABLE rates. Check our profile for details.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Carmit(m): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
I've registered since May.... I didn't pay though but I don't know when I'll get the real card.. The thing dey vex me gaan.... When I asked when it would be ready no one could give me a definite answer... I lost hope when I saw people who registered in 2012 just collecting theirs... I almost fainted.

The annoying thing is they generated one tracking number for me but when I inputed on their site, it brought an error message angry ....wo me I Don tire... And I needed it to verify my neteller account so I could access my funds... Those rubbish neteller people didn't tell me I'd have to verify first oo... They first made me deposit money angry

2 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Duggedised12(f): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
I did mine in 2013 didnt pay anything,yet to get the card tho,still stuck on the slip.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore: Ortom Is A Joker, An Opportunist Who Used Fulanis To Fool Many People / We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators / It’s Sad Nigeria Is Being Run On Old Ideas — Iyabo Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.