Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp (900 Views)

Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP / Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu / Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Abagworo(m): 3:34am On Aug 12, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010

Governor Theodore
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
After weeks of speculations and political manouvering, Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, yesterday stormed the Peoples Democratic Party national secretariat in Abuja to formalise his return to the party.

Orji was a member of the PDP before he dumped the party in 2007 for the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) to contest the governorship election which he won. But the cold war between him and the immediate past governor of the state, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, informed his defection to the All Progressives Grand Alliance, [APGA]. The former governor had since returned to the PDP.

But National Chairman of the PDP, Dr Okwesilizie Nwodo, last month led a delegation of the party to lobby the Abia governor to return to the party.
To ensure a soft- landing on his eventual return to PDP, the National Working Committee of the party last week dissolved the state executive of the party, a decision that the dissolved executive of the party in Abia State viewed as primarily informed to accommodate the estranged governor who they dismissed as a political liability in Abia.

Orji who was accompanied to the national secretariat of the PDP at about 3 p.m. by the Governor of Ebonyi State, Martins Elechi said he came to “reciprocate the gesture of the national chairman.”
Orji who claimed to have registered at his ward however informed Nwodo and other members of the National Working Committee that at the appropriate time, he would make further clarifications on his return to the party.
He told Nwodo: “I have come to retaliate; I have come to reciprocate; I have come to give honour and respect to whom honour is due and for coming to Abia to say great things about me“.

Nwodo thanked Orji for the warm reception his delegation received in Abia and praised the Ebonyi governor for facilitating the return of Orji to the PDP. “His comeback has brought back the magic wand that has united factions in Abia.”

Nwodo assured Orji that he would ensure President Goodluck Jonathan attends the formal declaration that would be held in Abia on a yet-to-be-announced date and pleaded with all stakeholders to join hands with Orji to develop the state .
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by EzeUche22(m): 3:36am On Aug 12, 2010
Disgusting! angry angry angry angry angry

I definitely hate this man! Hate is a harsh word, but this man makes me angry!
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by chyz(m): 3:53am On Aug 12, 2010
Wow! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. So all these dudes care about is running for presidency in 2015! Say good-bye to Obi because it seems as tho theyve all been planning this from the beginning withe the whole No SE governor will run for presidency thing come 2011. Now i see. Thats why they all attended to PDP induction of Nwodo. Well from now i encourage all Igbo people to declare Agha in nigeria if any of these SE governors runs for presidency in 2015 angry angry angry angry
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Aug 12, 2010
He is running for president? The man is seeking to guarantee his come back as governor. The desperate moves of the past couple of months has been to run the way that will guarantee him another term . . . I doubt the useless thing can make president, even in a place like Nigeria.
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by chyz(m): 4:07am On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

He is running for president? The man is seeking to guarantee his come back as governor. The desperate moves of the past couple of months has been to run the way that will guarantee him another term . . . I doubt the useless thing can make president, even in a place like Nigeria.

They are not only trying to set themselves up to come back as governor but also to be presidential candidates for 2015, hoping that the zoning thing actually goes through. they are useless people! Exactly to the bolded i wish he and the rest can get it through their empty heads!
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by EzeUche22(m): 4:11am On Aug 12, 2010
He has soiled the name Orji. I eve get mad with people who are not related to these Orjis!
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Aug 12, 2010
He soiled the name? Oh Please . . . name one family involved in Abia politics without a soiled name and I will send you Serious Fudge Cake for Christmas

lol
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by EzeUche22(m): 4:15am On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

He soiled the name? Oh Please . . . name one family involved in Abia politics without a soiled name and I will send you Serious Fudge Cake for Christmas

lol

I will get back to you on that!
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Abagworo(m): 4:19am On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol

ironsi family.pdp or not,if abia people vote this man come 2011,i will declare them fools.orji kalu is better than orji theo in that he stood his ground.this is a very much weaker version of orji kalu who lacks focus.
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Aug 12, 2010
Which Ironsi? lol

You have to be more specific than that so I can investigate and get back to you.

It is all too clear that Abia people are not really as interested in change as the rest of the country remains. when you look at all that has happened in the last 10 years in Abia, and compare that to the situation in the rest of the nation, you get the picture that the majority are not really ready for change and it will likely take some more suffering to get the majority there.
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by EzeUche22(m): 4:44am On Aug 12, 2010
Ok I am back! Dr. Michael Okpara!
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Kobojunkie: 4:47am On Aug 12, 2010
The one from Umuahia who is probably dead by now? I remember hearing of his death when my great grand father died.

Come on now . . . you can do better than that. We are speaking of today, what family in Abia involved in Abia politics is clean?
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by chyz(m): 4:49am On Aug 12, 2010
Has any other candidate for Abia governorship come forward yet?
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by slap1(m): 7:32am On Aug 12, 2010
T.A might end up losing the elections although I will vote for him if only to wrest power from O.U.K and his mama. But what is Ikechi Emenike waiting for? That guy will surely get my vote if he comes out.
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2010
slap1:

T.A might end up losing the elections although I will vote for him if only to wrest power from O.U.K and his mama. But what is Ikechi Emenike waiting for? That guy will surely get my vote if he comes out.

CHIEF IKECHI EMENIKE IS NOW OUT FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP BATTLE, EVER READY I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT! HIS POSTER IS NOW IN ABA, ASK AROUND IF YOU CAN, BUT WHAT IS NOT CLEAR NOW IS WHAT PDP-ABIA CHAPTER WANTS TO DO WITH T.A ORJI,
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by rhymz(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2010
What? I thought this guy defected to APGA a month ago? Is there no provision in the constitution that prevent rogue politicians from this kind of erratic shifting of party allegiance. Theodor has lost all the goodwill the ppl of abia state had for him, to him is all about winning at any cost. And let's stop kidding ourselves, who will take sb like him serious for presidency when the likes of Fashola can easily swing votes from any part of the country to their side. Am realy so angry at the way ppl do politics in this country.
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by chosen04(f): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2010
Typical Nigerian Politicians always going back to their VOMITs
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by slap1(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2010
@Frank-Aba. If so I'll try to garner some votes for him from my school with my little popularity. The guy is better, T.A deserves to work in a pigsty.
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by dustydee: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2010
Ashewo!
Re: Gov Orji Dumps Apga For Pdp by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2010
slap1:

@Frank-Aba. If so I'll try to garner some votes for him from my school with my little popularity. The guy is better, T.A deserves to work in a pigsty.

THAT WOULD BE NICE, IT'S TIME FOR EVERYBODY TO SPEAK OUT IN THE STATE, THINGS ARE HORRIBLE HERE, TO SAY THE LEAST,

GOD BLESS ABIA STATE, AND THE NATION!

(1) (Reply)

‘i Tried To Jump: But My Weave-on Caught Fire’ - Survivor / How I Escaped From Kidnappers, By Tafawa Balewa’s Son / Beaf:post Pictures Of What Jonathan Did As Governor Of Bayelsa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.