Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP (2118 Views)

Quote Me Wrong! Willie Obiano Will Dump APGA Within A Year For APC. / Ojukwu Knew Obi Would Dump APGA – Obiano’s Aide / Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:41am On Aug 12, 2014
THE former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, is now  under  pressure to defect from the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The pressure is said to have been mounting on him to defect from APGA by the state and the national executive of PDP following the alleged strained relationship between him and his political godson Chief Willie Obiano.

In a press release issued  and made available to newsmen in Awka, on Monday, one of the APGA foundation members in the state, Jecorb Izunna, called on APGA state executive not to close the door against Obi, considering what he had done to keep the party united.

The strained relation between Obiano and Obi, had made many members, who were in sympathy with Obi, to leave the party to PDP and recently four members of  APGA in the National Assembly, had defected to PDP.

When contacted, Obi’s Media Assistant, Mr Valantine Obienyem, said that Obi would not defect from APGA for any reason, adding that there is no family that do not have problem, that even if there is, it would soon be resolved.

He said that pressure on Obi to defect from APGA did not start today,  that even late President Umaru Yar’dua,  had also tried unsuccessfully to lured him out of APGA to  PDP.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/13139-ex-gov-obi-under-pressure-to-defect-to-pdp
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Chai Obiano, Dia ris god oo grin grin grin

Anambra Abago!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by desgiezd(m): 11:52am On Aug 12, 2014
And this is someone Obi fought tooth and nail to get to that position! Isn't it too early in the day to start having skirmishes with the Godfather?
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2014
desgiezd: And this is someone Obi fought tooth and nail to get to that position! Isn't it too early in the day to start having skirmishes with the Godfather?

It's really a pity! Though we all saw it coming! Peter Obi is a confirmed criminal who looted Anambra State without shame! He intentionally killed APGA for Ndigbo!

Ndi Anambra Abago wink

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by collynzov5: 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It's really a pity! Though we all saw it coming! Peter Obi is criminal! He intentionally killed APGA for Ndigbo!

Ndi Anambra Abago wink
APGA is still the ruling party in Anambra and will retake power in Imo come 2015.
Tell me one party your Yoruba people have in this 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by shizzle11(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
^^fool! keep feeding on rumour and falsehoods

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by omenka(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
These bunch of stomach and bank account conscious politicians would do anything to trash the Legacy of the late Ikemba who died to bequeath to the people of SE a platform upon which they could promote their political course and interests!!

So long APGA!!!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by shizzle11(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It's really a pity! Though we all saw it coming! Peter Obi is criminal! He intentionally killed APGA for Ndigbo!

Ndi Anambra Abago wink
fool, keep rejoicing at your imminent downfall and ruin, i bet you didnt see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1853123/kano-apc-splits-new-faction
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
collynzov5:
APGA is still the ruling party in Anambra and will retake power in Imo come 2015.
Tell me one party your Yoruba people have in this 2014.

Dreamer! No be only retake na retook grin angry cheesy

Ndi Anambra Abago!

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by solid3(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
It is well known that he has always been a PDP member. Wish him d very best.
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by kokoA(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
shocked I've always thought that guy is a PDP member o.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by collynzov5: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Dreamer! No be only retake na retook grin angry cheesy

Ndi Anambra Abago!
Ok no be Ndi Igbo Abago again?

I guess that is because you couldn't answer my question about which party you Yorubas can lay claim to now.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
collynzov5:
Ok no be Ndi Igbo Abago again?

I guess that is because you couldn't answer my question about which party you Yorubas can lay claim to now.

Get off my mention, you are irritating!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by collynzov5: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Get off my mention, you are irritating!
That is exactly the idea bro.
What party can you Yorubas lay claim to this 2014?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It's really a pity! Though we all saw it coming! Peter Obi is a confirmed criminal who loot Anambra State without shame! He intentionally killed APGA for Ndigbo!

Ndi Anambra Abago wink
LMFAO at Abago.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
desgiezd: And this is someone Obi fought tooth and nail to get to that position! Isn't it too early in the day to start having skirmishes with the Godfather?

And you believed this....Nawaa,you will probably believe I am your father.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by kestolove95(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peter obi want minister to abi,na ebola go handle ur matter
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It's really a pity! Though we all saw it coming! Peter Obi is a confirmed criminal who loot Anambra State without shame! He intentionally killed APGA for Ndigbo!

Ndi Anambra Abago wink

Na for only your mouth these ones dey fall comot......Well,lets wait for Obi to join PDP....lol
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
solid3: It is well known that he has always been a PDP member. Wish him d very best.

Facts by supporter of APC production....lol
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by onatisi(m): 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
solid3: It is well known that he has always been a PDP member. Wish him d very best.
he is a pdp member ,abi?and yet he made sure that apga won the governor ship election. Nigerians and their mentality sef
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

And you believed this....Nawaa,you will probably believe I am your father.

The same way you lots didn't believe Soludo was disqualified before it you in the face! Keep living in denial! The news is rife back home!

Ndi Anambra Abago!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by solomakindees(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Obi is too sme-sme to be a politician.
He should leave politics and become a pastor sharing holy bread with church rats! grin
I heard that as a governor, he lived with his mama in her house for four good years! Four years...enough period for an Abacha to loot enough funds to cover 70% of African states budgets, even if he did not live to enjoy the loot.
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nonsense! The baseless rumour of Peter Obi joinine PDP has been on since 2006.

However, Peter Obi should not soil his good record by trying to dictate to the new governor. He had 8 solid years to do whatever he wanted as Anambra governor and crowned his successful tenure by giving us a very good successor in Obiano. He should allow the new governor to leave his own legacy.
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by modhream: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

The same way you lots didn't believe Soludo was disqualified before it you in the face! Keep living in denial! The news is rife back home!

Ndi Anambra Abago!
What news is rife back "home",this your tales by moonlight?.
Fyi,I've bn home now some weeks,even had ward n LG meetings n I'm just hearing it from u
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by fyneguy: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nonsense! The baseless rumour of Peter Obi joinine PDP has been on since 2006.

However, Peter Obi should not soil his good record by trying to dictate to the new governor. He had 8 solid years to do whatever he wanted as Anambra governor and crowned his successful tenure by giving us a very good successor in Obiano. He should allow the new governor to leave his own legacy.

I did not know you believed in a governor ''giving us a very good successor''. NOTED.

I will refer to this post someday.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by asadike(f): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
whether peter obi leaves or nt, apga is here to stay.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
AP(u)GA a wuna.
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by cjrane: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/13139-ex-gov-obi-under-pressure-to-defect-to-pdp

[size=24pt]Just like Buhari is set to dump APC for APGA and Tinubu is set to join PMC[/size]. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by smallJagaban: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
collynzov5:
That is exactly the idea bro.
What party can you Yorubas lay claim to this 2014?

APC /ACN.
Re: Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP by collynzov5: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
smallJagaban:

APC /ACN.
ACN is non existent.
APC belongs to your northern slave masters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Does Not Have What It Takes To Change Nigeria-- Ribadu / Tinubu, Govs Disagree On Buhari’s Running Mate / Northern Youths Leader Forum Gives Jonathan Ultimatum, Threatens To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.