Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site (13099 Views)

2023: Sowore Vows To Release Southern Terrorists From Detention / Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan / Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by CaptainGOOD: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:

So every Nigerian voted Buhari right?grin ...or coz we missed it with Buhari, we shouldn't do things differently? undecided

Can u swear u didn't vote buhari
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by omooba969(m): 5:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

Can u swear u didn't vote buhari

I did not vote Buhari and if the votes people cast in 2015 is your problem, then the bedrock of your education needs questioning. cool

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by kay7: 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
My wish is for all other Presidential Candidates except Buhari and Atiku unite to form a third force and give us an alternative party. They should sit down and share offices amongst themselves as long as they are united.
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by oshaosha2014(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
The word trump rings a bell

humberjade:
It is so unfortunate that reaching out to just those on the social media and a fragment of those on the street don't win elections in Nigeria...he needs to reach out to those in the rural areas...the artisans...market women...motor park boys (unfortunately, these ones deal with money) but does he have the resources to reach out to them?

He's taken a bold step now...and I applaud him for that...but he doesn't have what it takes for now...i may be wrong though, but nobody in our contemporary world just came out of nowhere to become President on his 1st attempt at political office without climbing d political or public service ladder...take Justin Trudeau and Macron as examples... maybe 2023; who knows.
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Oluwatobex(m): 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
Tinolee:
So many presidential candidates does not understand governance! That why they end up promising what they can’t achieve! If will pay civil servant 100k monthly, how will the private sector meet up with that amount! Plenty people will loose there job! What is Nigeria par capital income? With 100k as minimum wage, his government will borrow money to pay salaries.

I submit!
Nobody will lose job and the private sector will flourish. Money will circulate. The only 'but' is VAT will increase.
Do you know Nigeria receives the lowest VAT in Africa, and it's not accidental; it's an indication that the country offers her citizens NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by omooba969(m): 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

Spare me that crap we all know Sowore and his Sahara reporters, lies propaganda and blackmail. He can only deceive gullible ones like you.
My only hapinnes is that he will fail.
I'm. Doing my best to decampaigne him among my friends, he helped to put us into this buhari mess
Now he wants to sound like a saint

How??undecided

He campaigned rigorously against the corruption in GEJ administration and that has become support for Buhari. grin

If you have anything against Sowore, put am here biko.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by colestephan86: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
ItzBIM:
Speaking at the unilag town hall meeting yesterday, presidential aspirant for the AAC party, omoyele Sowore said

"What I propose is to put aside $3.6 billion and we'll turn this country into a construction site.

"We're in need of 17 million homes, over 80 million Nigerians are without homes. We need to set the standard that an average of five Nigerians should be entitled to a house: a father, a mother, and at least three kids."

N100,000 minimum wage for workers to afford houses

Speaking further on how to ensure that Nigerians have access to affordable homes, the Sahara Reporters publisher said he'll increase the national minimum wage to N100,000 so that workers are able to afford houses.

"What I'm going to do is to increase the salary of an average worker to N100,000. I'm going to make sure that the average Nigerian worker can get N2 million mortgage loan.

"We have to have a policy where we prioritise mortgage for low income workers and the best way to do it is to give them a minimum wage that's a living wage," he said.

He noted that parts of the problem with Nigeria's housing sector is the lack of proper documentation and transparent land registry system that would expose the fact that only a few people own all the land in the country.

He promised that housing would be a fundamental human right under his administration, and urged Nigerians to stop voting for leaders who deny them of shelter.

"It's very important to tell Nigerians that we can build Nigeria out of poverty," he said.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/sowore-vows-to-turn-nigeria-into-construction-site-to-build-homes-worth-dollar36bn/krtgyvp
How does he want to do it. To turn all state staffs to federal staffs? Cos Benue can't pay ordinary 18k and here he is talking about 100k
The practical solution to this country is to first slash the money given to senators and reps , then every state should develop there mineral resources and not using peters money to pay Paul.
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by humberjade: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
oshaosha2014:
The word trump rings a bell

Have u weighed all the points i raised as to why he can't win this election before mentioning Trump Fine, Trump ticks d 1st timer box...what about other aspects i mentioned?

You have to tick most of those boxes b4 it can happen for u.
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
chloride6:
Sowore, what are you looking for?

I cant put my finger on it...

If its ministerial appointment, then you deserve it
If he is given a ministerial under PMB or Atiku it might be a disaster
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by ItzBIM(m): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
colestephan86:

How does he want to do it. To turn all state staffs to federal staffs? Cos Benue can't pay ordinary 18k and here he is talking about 100k
The practical solution to this country is to first slash the money given to senators and reps , then every state should develop there mineral resources and not using peters money to pay Paul.

Benue can’t pay or won’t pay, big difference. Governors receive 300 million naira per month for security votes alone, why can’t they pay worker with that.

So many revenue leaks in the apc and pdp administration.

Money is not Nigeria’s problem it’s mis management

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by omooba969(m): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
chloride6:

And your IQ is high?

You think sowore is a f.ool like you?

Even sowore knows he can't win.

What has become of those rogues who won elections on the back of rigging or how many times did Buhari contest before clinching power in 2015.

This is not about winning breh, it's about ideals, orientation, what good governance ought to be, about better standard of living, about improving our image as a country...Sowore makes this clear in his interviews.

Broaden your scope and be enlightened. smiley

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by babamoha(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
Eazier said than done
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by colestephan86: 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
ItzBIM:

Benue can’t pay or won’t pay, big difference. Governors receive 300 million naira per month for security votes alone, why can’t they pay worker with that.

So many revenue leaks in the apc and pdp administration.

Money is not Nigeria’s problem it’s mis management
I understand you but you know , our capitalist nature in this country will deter this guy from achieving all these things.
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by princetom1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2019
excel101:
I don't think you know Atiku. were you privilege to watch Atiku in the 1999 vice presidential debate with Shinkafi of the then AD. if you didn't, go and find out from those that watched it. They'll tell you that he's sound.

We are talking about present, he should also bring that debate from the past to replay itself nau

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Brokeboy111(m): 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2019
grin ;DD lol make we dey see na
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by omooba969(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
KHYLE:

This comment proves you don't know what you are talking about.

If Sowore is a propagandist, liar and a blackmailer as you claim, why hasn't he been sued and prosecuted?

Why is he walking freely?
Listen bro, Sowore talks with fact and proves, evidence that backs his claims.

Besides, you must understand noone brought buhari into power. We all were tired of the 16 years of the misrule, looting and embezzlement of PDP and we wanted them out at all cost, so we massively voted them out. That was evident in the last election.

So, Oga, stop saying some brought a goverment into power.

Nice 1 bro, thanks for lecturing that empty head.

CaptainGood is dumb...simple. cool

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by fsho(m): 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Please try to read his manifesto and watch some of his conversations on youtube. It will become clear!
chloride6:
Sowore, what are you looking for?

I cant put my finger on it...

If its ministerial appointment, then you deserve it

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by princetom1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
jaxxy:

I’m actually blaming all of them with lofty ideas bt no sense of strategy on how to win. Seems quite ignorant, greedy or delusional.

Forming a coalition isn't that easy, especially wen u have people that has shown a soft side for what we are avoiding, the old guards, godfathers, questionable characters etc, what if after forming it, one of such sabotage it?

I screen all these candidates and know for sure, the best to lead is sowore and he has proven it, not only with his campaign and followership but also with his unflinching stand on the faces of adverdaries... Also, the big parties don't see others as threat, they don't even worry about them at all, unlike sowore they are trying all they can not to make his voice heard, sowore is the one to send shivers down the spine of the bigwigs

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by fsho(m): 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
And who would you suggest that this vibrant man works under? Atiku? Buhari?
Oma307:
I would prefer ministerial post for him

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by ItzBIM(m): 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
colestephan86:

I understand you but you know , our capitalist nature in this country will deter this guy from achieving all these things.

That’s why we need fresh new faces at the house of Assembly, senate....just to flush out this apc and pdp who are just taking us for a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by moshoodn(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
humberjade:
It is so unfortunate that reaching out to just those on the social media and a fragment of those on the street don't win elections in Nigeria...he needs to reach out to those in the rural areas...the artisans...market women...motor park boys (unfortunately, these ones deal with money) but does he have the resources to reach out to them?

He's taken a bold step now...and I applaud him for that...but he doesn't have what it takes for now...i may be wrong though, but nobody in our contemporary world just came out of nowhere to become President on his 1st attempt at political office without climbing d political or public service ladder...take Justin Trudeau and Macron as examples... maybe 2023; who knows.

What do you know about Sowore? It's like you know next to nothing... I could call you a Jon Snow.

Read more on Sowore... He's not just coming from nowhere..

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
Tinolee:
So many presidential candidates does not understand governance! That why they end up promising what they can’t achieve! If will pay civil servant 100k monthly, how will the private sector meet up with that amount! Plenty people will loose there job! What is Nigeria par capital income? With 100k as minimum wage, his government will borrow money to pay salaries.

I submit!

So...na when dem pay Nigerians worker 100k we go borrow to pay...have we not been borrowing to pay dino and other drug lords, ex convicts, and ex Governors that occupied the red and green Chambers....I laff in Swahili...

Open up your economy, create conducive business environment, make policies that encourage manufacturers and investors, be fiscally disciplined, spend more on capital expenditures... and see if Chinese no go de apply for Nigeria visa.....

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Reeses: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Talk is cheap.
The Olodo in Aso Rock said more in 2015.
Real Olodo

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Reeses: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
ItzBIM:
Speaking at the unilag town hall meeting yesterday, presidential aspirant for the AAC party, omoyele Sowore said

"What I propose is to put aside $3.6 billion and we'll turn this country into a construction site.

"We're in need of 17 million homes, over 80 million Nigerians are without homes. We need to set the standard that an average of five Nigerians should be entitled to a house: a father, a mother, and at least three kids."

N100,000 minimum wage for workers to afford houses

Speaking further on how to ensure that Nigerians have access to affordable homes, the Sahara Reporters publisher said he'll increase the national minimum wage to N100,000 so that workers are able to afford houses.

"What I'm going to do is to increase the salary of an average worker to N100,000. I'm going to make sure that the average Nigerian worker can get N2 million mortgage loan.

"We have to have a policy where we prioritise mortgage for low income workers and the best way to do it is to give them a minimum wage that's a living wage," he said.

He noted that parts of the problem with Nigeria's housing sector is the lack of proper documentation and transparent land registry system that would expose the fact that only a few people own all the land in the country.

He promised that housing would be a fundamental human right under his administration, and urged Nigerians to stop voting for leaders who deny them of shelter.

"It's very important to tell Nigerians that we can build Nigeria out of poverty," he said.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/sowore-vows-to-turn-nigeria-into-construction-site-to-build-homes-worth-dollar36bn/krtgyvp
I might move back if this guy wins.I pray he wins though.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by CaptainGOOD: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:

Nice 1 bro, thanks for lecturing that empty head.

CaptainGood is dumb...simple. cool
Rubbish!!..
Y'all will fail with him.
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by fsho(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
The Townhall meeting was on Housing and nothing else. He is definitely digitally-minded. Recall, he proposed the 100K minimum wage as a living wage that is retained in Nigeria and not used to by properties outside the country the way the current political class are doing. Just watch some of his conversations and read his manifesto.
Yankee101:
Why not financial or technogical center?

Physical construction brings only short term growth in aggregate. Infact if not well done can constitute a menace like the concrete housing projects as a center of crimes or ill maintained structures as a landscape eyesore or death trap

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by CaptainGOOD: 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:

How??undecided

He campaigned rigorously against the corruption in GEJ administration and that has become support for Buhari. grin

If you have anything against Sowore, put am here biko.

He campaigned against Jonathan means campaigning for buhari as long as he didn't say anything bad against buhari those days.
His words against Jonathan are support for buhari..
Say whatever u like Sowore can't get more than 3% of entire votes... I'm doing my best to decampaigne him.

He can't put Nigerians into a mess and now want to become president
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by CaptainGOOD: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:

I did not vote Buhari and if the votes people cast in 2015 is your problem, then the bedrock of your education needs questioning. cool

Rather ur education needs questioning who voted an illiterate terrorist into power

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by CaptainGOOD: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:

You ain't making any sense breh. smiley

It appears you have trouble learning new things or doing stuff differently - it's called cognitive impairment, you may be suffering from that breh.

I don't care any trash u say..
U and Sowore are failures already..
He will only deceive ur fellow gullibles

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by IjebuWarrior: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
But all these na like rocket science to 9ja fools. angry

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by omooba969(m): 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

He campaigned against Jonathan means campaigning for buhari as long as he didn't say anything bad against buhari those days.
His words against Jonathan are support for buhari..
Say whatever u like Sowore can't get more than 3% of entire votes... I'm doing my best to decampaigne him.

He can't put Nigerians into a mess and now want to become president

You need help!

Seriously. cool
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by omooba969(m): 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
But all these na like rocket science to 9ja fools. angry

Especially CaptainGood...Hahahahacheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Says It Is Partnering The Russian Government To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company / Nigeria Is 8th Most Terrorised Country In The World - IEP / EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.