Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site (13074 Views)

2023: Sowore Vows To Release Southern Terrorists From Detention / Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan / Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by ItzBIM(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
Speaking at the unilag town hall meeting yesterday, presidential aspirant for the AAC party, omoyele Sowore said

"What I propose is to put aside $3.6 billion and we'll turn this country into a construction site.

"We're in need of 17 million homes, over 80 million Nigerians are without homes. We need to set the standard that an average of five Nigerians should be entitled to a house: a father, a mother, and at least three kids."

N100,000 minimum wage for workers to afford houses

Speaking further on how to ensure that Nigerians have access to affordable homes, the Sahara Reporters publisher said he'll increase the national minimum wage to N100,000 so that workers are able to afford houses.

"What I'm going to do is to increase the salary of an average worker to N100,000. I'm going to make sure that the average Nigerian worker can get N2 million mortgage loan.

"We have to have a policy where we prioritise mortgage for low income workers and the best way to do it is to give them a minimum wage that's a living wage," he said.

He noted that parts of the problem with Nigeria's housing sector is the lack of proper documentation and transparent land registry system that would expose the fact that only a few people own all the land in the country.

He promised that housing would be a fundamental human right under his administration, and urged Nigerians to stop voting for leaders who deny them of shelter.

"It's very important to tell Nigerians that we can build Nigeria out of poverty," he said.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/sowore-vows-to-turn-nigeria-into-construction-site-to-build-homes-worth-dollar36bn/krtgyvp

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by dingbang(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
I hope he will be able to finish what he wants to start.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by SouthWestBlood(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Go go Sowore!

64 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by chloride6: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
Sowore, what are you looking for?

I cant put my finger on it...

If its ministerial appointment, then you deserve it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by humberjade: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
It is so unfortunate that reaching out to just those on the social media and a fragment of those on the street don't win elections in Nigeria...he needs to reach out to those in the rural areas...the artisans...market women...motor park boys (unfortunately, these ones deal with money) but does he have the resources to reach out to them?

He's taken a bold step now...and I applaud him for that...but he doesn't have what it takes for now...i may be wrong though, but nobody in our contemporary world just came out of nowhere to become President on his 1st attempt at political office without climbing d political or public service ladder...take Justin Trudeau and Macron as examples... maybe 2023; who knows.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by ArmaniUhuru: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Talk is cheap.
The Olodo in Aso Rock said more in 2015.

8 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by fasho01(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
I believe you my man.. Only that Nigeria is not ready to be liberated cos ironically, we love our oppressors and vilify our saviours

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by semyman: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
The pace Fashola is going is okay for us, our mumu done do

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by duduade: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
ItzBIM:
Speaking at the unilag town hall meeting yesterday, presidential aspirant for the AAC party, omoyele Sowore said

"What I propose is to put aside $3.6 billion and we'll turn this country into a construction site.

"We're in need of 17 million homes, over 80 million Nigerians are without homes. We need to set the standard that an average of five Nigerians should be entitled to a house: a father, a mother, and at least three kids."

Speaking further on how to ensure that Nigerians have access to affordable homes, the Sahara Reporters publisher said he'll increase the national minimum wage to N100,000 so that workers are able to afford houses.

"What I'm going to do is to increase the salary of an average worker to N100,000. I'm going to make sure that the average Nigerian worker can get N2 million mortgage loan.

"We have to have a policy where we prioritise mortgage for low income workers and the best way to do it is to give them a minimum wage that's a living wage," he said.

He noted that parts of the problem with Nigeria's housing sector is the lack of proper documentation and transparent land registry system that would expose the fact that only a few people own all the land in the country.

He promised that housing would be a fundamental human right under his administration, and urged Nigerians to stop voting for leaders who deny them of shelter.

"It's very important to tell Nigerians that we can build Nigeria out of poverty," he said.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/sowore-vows-to-turn-nigeria-into-construction-site-to-build-homes-worth-dollar36bn/krtgyvp

Has he turned his ward and adjourned wards into a construction site

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
CONSTRUCTION SITE undecided undecided

He wana turn naija to THE PROJECTS

Or maybe I just got the wrong interpretation of what the man is trying to say
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Delivar(m): 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerians want super leadership but carrying out a task as simple as electing fresh determined leaders is what they can't do. It's shocking Buhari and Atiku are their champions to lead the country. Let me see anyone saying the country's problem is bad leaders.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by ClearFlair: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
It’s not by mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by odimbannamdi(m): 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Hoodbilonia: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
abegi
u know u a loser already
dreamer
scammer
and looser

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Joybringer: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
Just like Buhari promised us that #1 would be equal to $1. We are wiser now!

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by donemitex1: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
I like him, he is ambitious, but we need more than 3.6Billion dollars to turn this country into a construction site like Dubai and Abudabi

12 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Necksonnel: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
If only bubu will allow him to enter

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by uzohrome(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
My man and best fit for the job. Keep pushing, the difference is just an accident of time and geography. You will get there eventually.

13 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Emmystified(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
My President!
Whatever happens in February, i will be glad that i did what is right and i voted the right man.
Take_it_back

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Adewumiaye: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
Too much weed

Meanwhile: for all your website @ affordable prices reply this or contact us 0 8 1 6 5 9 8 0 1 3 1
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by avrex3k(m): 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
Good candidate good thinking but he won't go far tho angry
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2019
I would prefer ministerial post for him

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by globalresource: 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2019
This is good
Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Johnrake69: 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
Yes... This is the first candidate to mention anything about Nigerian housing deficit. We are in dire need of 17 million units of housing. Everything he has said so far is Pro masses. And stressing about minimum wage means he knows his onions.

For me all the other candidates like Kingsley, Oby and co should queue behind this guy.

19 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
ItzBIM:

Nice one sowore

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
Good one Sowore.
Take it Back!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Fuckmytoto(f): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
azraeljaheel:
CONSTRUCTION SITE undecided undecided

He wana turn naija to THE PROJECTS

Or maybe I just got the wrong interpretation of what the man is trying to say

Ode won't you read before you spew gibberish?

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by khingTony(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by optimusprime2(m): 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
If people could reason properly, they would have seen the main Candidates in contention for Nigeria's presidency are Moghalu and Sowore...

But unfortunately Nigerians can be funny...
They think the contention for presidency is solely between two old men and two political parties.

And trust me, during elections, many of the people who should have voted out the old men, and old parties, would be at home playing safe with themselves and their families in the disguise of fasting and praying for a successful polls.

How wouldn't the old man claim victory again when he is given the opportunity to manipulate a victory.

It's a sad case.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Shantel1996: 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2019
Delivar:
Nigerians want super leadership but carrying out a task as simple as electing fresh determined leaders is what they can't do. It's shocking Buhari and Atiku are their champions to lead the country. Let me see anyone saying the country's problem is bad leaders.

I couldn't agree more

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Kazal999: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
This is really d man Nigeria needs now, a young and experienced person. Not some old persons who will continue to promise and do nothing...
We need a different set government entirely..
Same people will go form a new Party, I wonder how we will develop..

even if PDP OR APC wins nothing will happen. NIGERIA can never be good if we continue with these set of ppl..
U can not follow a stupid method of cooking soup continually and a expect a delicious meal...
@JNU

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site by Realdeals(m): 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
If Sowore desire a ministerial postion, he would have got that long ago. My Presidential vote for 2019 election is definitely for Sowore

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AAC Suspends Sowore Omoyele As National Chairman / Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention / Ayo Adebanjo's "Statement" Supporting Peter Obi Is Fake - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.