Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them (8457 Views)

Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women / Nigerian Ladies Are Approaching Menopause & No Men To Marry Them - Owerri Lady / Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by lexotan(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
Research has revealed that some single women are now complaining due to over scarcity of suitors in the country. It is the desire of most ladies to get hooked to a man at certain age brackets for support, procreation and affection. But all around today, we have many single ladies with no suitors. There are many single ladies and as well as bachelors who would want to get married, but the fear of uncertainty of the future of the union have really prevented many from doing so owing to unpredicatable economic situation.

Reports showed that there were enough women and men who really wanted to get married but it appeared both sides do not want to gamble into it to avoid devastating consequences and regrets in the future. One of the ladies, who preferred to be simply called Titi said she had taken the issue of marriage as a do-or-die affair due to “internal pressure” but that as much as she had tried, frustration had often been the result. At 37, the businesswoman who sells clothes in Ikeja, the Lagos State capital in western Nigeria, disclosed that she is not finding life easy.

“What is happiness without a man in a woman’s life?”she asked our correspondent during a chat. She had dated several men with some promising marriage, but without fulfilling the promise.

“You can’t imagine that in the last three years, I have dated about eight men, but the relationship was often short-lived simply because I ask for their commitment.I am not getting any younger and I cry every time I see my mates with their husbands and children.If at 37 I don’t have a child or a permanent man, when would I have them? Is it when my skin has wrinkled? she asked our correspondent

Miss Karia Anumba, 41, lamented that she had lived and changed many cities in Nigeria looking for suitors but those she met were afraid because they were not sure of the future of the marriage. She revealed that she tried to convince and persuade the men she had contact with to make the move and even assured them that she would manage no matter the condition, but regretted that none of them agreed to marry her. Anumba said she quickly relocated to Lagos from Abuja when she realized that she was gradually turning into prostitute because of the drive for marriage.

She explained that since she came to Lagos, she had engaged herself with a work and was still searching for interested men but yet to get one. She narrated that some men who were above 40 years still roamed about and do not want to get married; attributing it to fear and economic condition as most of them were jobless.

Bose (surname withheld), 37, has found herself patronising many of the social interaction sites on the internet.The banker told our correspondent that she is on Eskimi, 2go, Badoo, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter as well as 4clique and Instagram just to look for life partner.

“We can’t tell the particular broom in the bunch that kills a fly,” she said on why she patronises such number of social interaction sites. “I always change my name in the different sites but the ultimate goal is to get a husband,” she added. Bose reveals that she is really worried about the situation, adding that she lives comfortably (in a mini-flat and has a car), “but who do I have to enjoy this comfort with me?

“I have tried a hook up programme on a Lagos-based radio station, but my age is now a major factor hindering my dream of being married,” she lamented pleading with our married correspondent, who she considered a bachelor, to “help dry my tears.”

A married woman, who gave her name as Mrs. Blessing Aguebor and resident in Oshodi, confirmed that the issue of lack of serious men for marriage is giving many ladies sleepless nights. She narrated the touching story of her friend who was disappointed by her boyfriend of five years when it was time to “settle down”.

“My friend was 29 when he met this man in Benin and they dated for five years. The man was always giving the lady hope without her knowing the man had other plans. The year he fixed for their marriage was the year he travelled abroad without even informing my friend. It was later he called her and asked her to find another man because he still had many more years to hustle. My friend almost went mad. She is 36 now without a man. I had to convince her to relocate to Lagos so that possibly out of the population here, she would find someone. It is pathetic,” she said.

A 38-year old business woman in Ketu, narrated how she lost her first husband to a friend, Idayat, who was desperate for a husband. According to Mrs. Adewunmi who remarried last year, Idayat was 36 and needed a husband but her search was endless.

“I was always encouraging her and made her a part of my family. She would always help me take care of the kids when I go to the market. With time, she took over my husband without my knowledge until the day I caught them red-handed and that was the end of my marriage. Ladies are like hunters these days,” she said.

Asked why she was not married at 34, Blessing, a nurse with a private hospital in Abuja, retorted: “that is why I’m on this social site. Why are you asking? Is it a bad idea if you propose to me?”

She explained that life was becoming unbearable without a husband.

“My friends and family members are aways asking when they would come and ‘chop’ rice, and I keep hoping,” she added.

A marriage counsellor in Lagos, Mrs. Victoria Aliu, told P.M.NEWS that scarcity of ‘real men’ is becoming a terrible condition for women ready for marriage. She blamed the problem partly on the Nigerian economy, confusion among the bachelors on their choices of the women they want as wives and the attitudes of the spinsters.

“Many women, whether consciously or not, behave irritably sometimes, forgetting that the man just beside them at every point in time may just have been nursing how to start a conversation that could lead to marriage. Some other ladies are very choosy and unserious at their early stages of adulthood. They only open their eyes to discover that their friends are all married and that they are the only ones left at the bus stop. Then it becomes a terrible case for them,” she explained.

With the above examples, do you sincerely think that there is scarcity of men for ladied in Nigeria?…..kindly share your opinion with below.......

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Olalan(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
Truth is there are more good guys out there than ladies but unfortunately the Good guys don't appeal to ladies of this age. The slaying queen wouldn't want to come close to a "old skooled guy......" as they say in local parlance.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Randy100: 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
Very terrible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Unik3030: 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
just like my G will say, the responsible men are broke n managing while majority of our ladies want a ready made man who has no plans for marriage. he will date like 5 girls at d same time n pick one thereby turning the other 4 into evening newspaper

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by vincentus16: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
The major cause is the economy of this country. Unemployment is making it very difficult for guys.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by millionboi2: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
is economy not men sarcascity

Girls too should start hustling and stop waiting for already men all days

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Newboss(m): 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
Their eyes are looking at the wrong place. They should get a life for themselves and watch life happen grin. They should also get a nice dick to avoid feeling all high and dry and grumpy and frustrated while life happens grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Sunnymatey(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gradually the table is beginning to turn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
How come no lady has commented? undecided

But if it's to bash guys the thread will be flooded already grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by vincentus16: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gals need to change their mentality and join hands in this hustling. This will help them to be independent and then u can make it and get the man u want to marry. Then u support him in establishing something no matter how little. Most gals often rely on already made man leading to decrease in their chances of getting married because there r only few of them. And the more u wait is the more u age and the more the chances of marriage is getting more slimmer.
I think gals need to buckle up and join in this hustling fight and believe they can be independent and as well believe they can build a family alone. because the major cause of their delay in marriage is hardship for guys.
M saying my view based on the way things are now.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by lexotan(m): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
vincentus16:
Gals need to change their mentality and join hands in this hustling. This will help them to be independent and then u can make it and get the man u want to marry. Then u support him in establishing something no matter how little. Most gals often rely on already made man leading to decrease in their chances of getting married because there r only few of them. And the more u wait is the more u age and the more the chances of marriage is getting more slimmer.
I think gals need to buckle up and join in this hustling fight and believe they can be independent and as well believe they can build a family alone. because the major cause of their delay in marriage is hardship for guys.
M saying my view based on the way things are now.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by lexotan(m): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
Unik3030:
just like my G will say, the responsible men are broke n managing while majority of our ladies want a ready made man who has no plans for marriage. he will date like 5 girls at d same time n pick one thereby turning the other 4 into evening newspaper

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
grin very soon nigerian men will become as extinct as the pre historic dinoseurs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Kira290(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
I'm available ladies cool...I seriously need to settle down this year cryI'm not getting any younger undecided
Kindly qoute me if you're interested..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by faithfull18(f): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
The writeup has said it all.

Good, faithful, responsible men are scarce.

Other categories of men are available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by aishapmbtoto: 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
Men full everywhere. Ladies nowadays are choosy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by ValCon888: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
Well, from the writeup the only ladies crying out are those above the age of 32.

And these are ladies who refused to make hay while their sun was shining.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
ikhileomotayo:
How come no lady has commented? undecided

But if it's to bash guys the thread will be flooded already grin
Theres nothing to comment about cause all i see are lies. scarsity 4 where? When people play with their youth and begin to search 4 husband in old age, thats what u get. Just look at d ages there, did u see any under 30 there? Some will stay in a relationship 4 10years then when d guy dump them 4 a younger girl, they begin to cry foul.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
gloria34:
Theres nothing to comment about cause all i see are lies. scarsity 4 where? When people play with their youth and begin to search 4 husband in old age, thats what u get. Just look at d ages there, did u see any under 30 there? Some will stay in a relationship 4 10years then when d guy dump them 4 a younger girl, they begin to cry foul.

You are right sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by bobokeshington: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
I CAN ONLY BLAME BUHARI FOR THIS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by pansophist(m): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2019
faithfull18:
The writeup has said it all.

Good, faithful, responsible men are scarce.

Other categories of men are available.

Typical reply from a female. Faulting the men only, because women are sinless little pretty angels undecided

It goes both ways. Both gender are fuckkd up. Marriageable men are scarce and women ain't women anymore. Although, I believe that a woman of virtue will always get advances from men.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Quality20(m): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
Common men are all over kano,katsina and Lagos
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by faithfull18(f): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
pansophist:

Typical reply from female. Faulting the men only, because women are sinless little pretty angels.

It's both ways. Both gender are bleeped up. Marriageable men are scarce and women ain't women anymore. Both gender bleeped it up. Although, I believe that a woman of virtue will always get advances from men.

Comment was based on the writeup.

If it had been the other way round, would have stated my views as well.

And besides the pressure to settle down quickly is more on the ladies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by pansophist(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
faithfull18:

Comment was based on the writeup.

If it had been the other way round, would have stated my views as well.

And besides, the pressure to settle down quickly is more on the ladies.

True, it's more on the female to settle down because there are biological, historical and evolutionary basis for that. Although I won't get into that here, to avoid being academic. If you noticed, the age of the complainant are women who have exited their vicenarian years. You won't find women in their 20s complaining about lack of suitors. Their phone rings like call Centers every day, and they reject men without a forethought. I've lived with my cousin and I saw this first hand.

Sadly, whether women like it or not, men are primely wired to be attracted to women in their 20's, the age of youthfulness, fertility peak, beauty and effortlessly feminine. Just as woman seek for a provider, protector, and other masculine qualities in their potential partner.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by faithfull18(f): 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
pansophist:

True, it's more on the female to settle down because there are biological, historical and evolutionary basis for that. Although I don't get into that here, to avoid being too academic. If you noticed, the age of the complainant are women whom have exited their viscenerian years. You wont find women in their 20s complaining about lack of suitors. Their phone rings like call Centers everyday, and they reject men without a forethought. I've lived with my cousin and I saw this first hand.

Sadly, whether women like it or not, men are primely wired to be attracted to women in their 20's, the age of youthfulness, fertility peak, beauty and effortlessly feminine. Just as woman seek for a provider, protector, and other masculine qualities in their potential partner.

Agreed. So, I had to read this comment with my dictionary on standby cool
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by pansophist(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
faithfull18:

Agreed. So, I had to read this comment with my dictionary on standby cool

Lol, wetin hard to understand for here now? No de whine me jare. Happy New year. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by pansophist(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2019
jenniferakin36:
scarcity of men kwa...wen dey are begging to marry me

Exactly. Wetin be your age ?

I have a cousin in the same situation. Within her 20's all kind of men are coming for her hands in marriage, and these are businessmen and accomplished people in my book, but she was so careless with her rejection. Imagine rejecting a man because he sounds so igbotic, and he is ibo. How should an ibo businessman sound again? angry

Anyways she is 33 now and single, and she wished she had not been so careless with her rejection. Those guys are already married and the one coming for her hand in marriage are far far below the ones she rejected in every measures. In as much as I empathize with their pain, it's difficult for me to feel sorry for them (ceteris paribus). Lack of contentment are women worse enemy.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by faithfull18(f): 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
pansophist:

Lol, wetin hard to understand for here now? No de whine me jare. Happy New year. cool

Lol, same here.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
vincentus16:
The major cause is the economy of this country. Unemployment is making it very difficult for guys.
That’s the ANSWER, nothing else
COUNTRY where parents still support Graduates even in their 40s

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by faithfull18(f): 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
pansophist:

Exactly. Wetin be your age ?

I have a cousin in the same situation. Within her 20's all kind of men are coming for her hands in marriage, and these are businessmen and accomplished people in my book, but she was so careless with her rejection. Imagine rejecting a man because he sounds so igbotic, and he is ibo. It's like expecting a British to sound German. It's completely irrational.

Anyways she is 33 now and single, and she wished she had not been so careless with her rejection. Those guys are already married and the one coming for hand in marriage are far far below the ones she rejected. In as much as I empathize their pain, it's difficult for me to feel sorry for them (ceteris paribus). Lack of contentment are women worse enemy.

Hmmn, sometimes you just can't understand it.

As a lady, you feel like what if someone better comes along and I am already hooked to this person. Let me just wait a little longer, maybe, just maybe someone better might come along.

That's what usually plays out.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Picture Should Serve As A Warning To Everyone On Earth / HE Had Sex With His Crush On Their 1st Date, "Should He Take Her Serious? / See This Romantic Photo Of A Girl Holding Her Pant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.