Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister (31573 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts As Tinubu’s Hands Tremble As He Forgets The Name Of His Party / Nuhu Ribadu: No Oil Billionaire Since Buhari Became Petroleum Minister / Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Lizzysamuel(f): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday mixed up the dates of his assumption and relinquishing of office as Nigeria’s former Petroleum Minister.

Speaking in Warri, Delta State, at the presidential campaign rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Buhari said he was Petroleum Minister from 1978 to 1979.

“I am impressed by what previous speakers have said, especially the Minister of State for Petroleum who told you what we have been able to do in Delta State, because he happens to come from here and he happens to be my Junior Minister as Minister of petroleum Resources,” Buhari told the audience. “Since 1984, or 78 to 79 when I was the Minister, I never lost interest in the petroleum industry."

“Since 1984, or 78 to 79 when I was the Minister, I never lost interest in the petroleum industry. I am acutely aware of your influence because God has placed you on top of this national asset. I hope you will understand and appreciate the favour God has done to you in favour of the rest of Nigerians.

“I am trying to remind you to please reflect very seriously: where were we when we came in 2015, where are we now? What were we able to achieve with the resources available to us. I assure you, under this leadership, is to serve Nigeria.”

Buhari’s claim, though, isn’t true.

As Head of State, General Olusegun Obasanjo appointed Buhari as the Federal Commissioner (now known as Minister) for Petroleum and Natural Resources between March 1976 and June 1978. When the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was created in 1977, Buhari was also appointed as its Chairman; he held this position until 1978.

In the 1978-to-1979 period that Buhari erroneously thought he was Petroleum Minister, he was actually Military Secretary at the Army Headquarters, and was also a member of the Supreme Military Council.

The President made the mix-up minutes before he mistakenly handed over the party's flag to the party’s “governortorial candidate” at the rally.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/president-buhari-forgets-the-year-he-was-petroleum-minister/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Racoon(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
A failure is a failure.Never reinforce failure.Buhari was a failure before he joined the army hence became a coup plotter because that is the only way to remain relevant.

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by baliyubla: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
That's why they never wanted the senile old man to campaign, if not for Nigerians and the opposition that forced Bubu to the market square.

Aisha and the kids must be very sad having to see what the Man is going through just to please some wicked cabals. #FreeBuhari.

195 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
Thiefs regrouping to loot our treasury

Buhari 2019

Nigerians say No to criminals

PMB till 2023

Next level things

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by mbaboy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
He forgets things and is a sign of dementia

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by SheikhMuniru(m): 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
I Pray This Jubril Of A Thing Won't Come To Pass

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by SweetJoystick(m): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
He reeks stupidity .... to think i once donated to his campaign fund and campaigned for him. SPITS

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by SaiAtikuTill203: 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
BUHARI kept attacking the media but can't do without having numerous media aides and media house to launch his propaganda... Always angry that the media is exposing his failures as govt

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by LuciferVirgin: 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
He isn't forgetting.
The real Buhari knows these things unfortunately, he is lying embalmed in a London morgue.

It is impossible for an impostor to memorize every detail of the real McCoy.

Simple logic.

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by TooMuchStuff: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
Leave oil for the owners. ....u no go hear word...

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by mekaboy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
Kadaria: What are your thoughts on restructuring with regards to education?

Buhari: I’m expecting the press to investigate the corruption in the local government.

Kadaria: Why should the Nigerian people vote for you again?

Buhari : I’ve said before that if my party nominates me, I will contest.

Kadaria: The soldiers are protesting poor treatment and are ill equipped. What are your thoughts?

Buhari : I get situation report from the military. The military should investigate the demonstrations because they are not supposed to demonstrate.

Kadaria: BH targeting the military and killing soldiers. Are you worried about that?

Buhari: They choose the time to attack. We have resource limitations. BH get help from external forces.

Kadaria: What’s the solution to the conflict between farmers and herdsmen?

Buhari: we studied grazing routes from the 1st republic. Benue Governor shouldn’t ban grazing but provide routes for grazing.

Dear Buharist, can you people see your President? This is embarrassing.

142 Likes 18 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by DMerciful(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
A bad product packaged by Tinubu in 2015 and repackaged by Tinubu again in 2019! Kolework!

28 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
shocked shocked

Buhari's lifelessness is on another whole level.

At this rate of not being aware/conscious or forgetting things , he will soon forget the location of Aisha's pussxy in the other room.

21 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by itiswellandwell: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
Such is expected. The workload on that man is beyond his age. He should be enjoying retirement age not high workload age.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by N0favors: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
If this lifeless thing wins, I’ll never visit naija again

20 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by kolafolabi(m): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
He's a dullard..

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Flatties: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
Not everyone is good with dates and numbers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Maxymilliano(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
Dementia is setting in, rather than returned back to Aso Rock, he should be referred to Aro in Abeokuta

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Tunasco4u(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
OK
Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Rosarie(f): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
With all these some people will still vote APC.some will not vote.let me tell u something.if we come out in Mass to vote my dear nobody will ring it.

16 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by lielbree: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2019
Atiku is in America.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by OldBeer: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2019
If he likes, he should forget the name of his wife.

A thief is not an option.

Like I always say, when he wins go and protests in the streets.
Nigeria needs people to die for her. grin grin
Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Sholaco: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
Racoon:
A failure is a failure.Never reinforce failure.Buhari was a failure before he joined the army hence became a coup plotter because that is the only way to remain relevant.
you will v to face and make to do with this failure till 2023.....you r already doomed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
A fool forever

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by obi4eze(m): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
angry

Jubrin is beginning to muddle up all the lies that he has been told and confusing one part of his fake life for another.

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by mekaboy(m): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hmm.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Nigeria is on autopilot

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by goodnessme1(f): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
How can an impostor know.

Rip to the real buhari

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by hedonistic: 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Thiefs regrouping to loot our treasury

Buhari 2019

Nigerians say No to criminals

PMB till 2023

Next level things
Every single individual who is supporting Buhari is a complete buffoon, without exception. People like you revalidate this fact.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Forgets The Year He Was Petroleum Minister by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
The man is lifeless

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Momoh: Obaseki Should Be Blamed For His Disqualification, Not Oshiomhole / OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead / Okorocha: "APC Playing PDP Politics, APC Has Derailed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.